E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 68.
#2051 3 years ago

Game looks rather uninspiring, there's nothing interesting physically on the game in my opinion, same goes for the shots. JP, Turtles, and AIQ all look to have far more going on with actual unique shots. LZ just seems dull. How does the premium / LE not have a physical kickback? Seeing a virtual ball save as a feature at these prices is disappointing. Sound and lighting is nice but considering the price tag there should be more physical features. 3/4 of the playfield is void of physical features.

Flow is overrated when it comes at the sacrifice of toys / features and $6k - $9k+ price tags. Of course LZ is crazy fast...there's not much in it.

Update: Sorry for the criticism, LZ is the best game ever!

#2052 3 years ago

I was 18 in '71 so I absolutely had to buy this title. 'Glad I did - 'looks awesome!

#2053 3 years ago

Holy fast, Batman.

Has anyone seen the center ramp get hit from the upper flipper? Haven't been able to watch the whole time.

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Holy fast, Batman.
Has anyone seen the center ramp get hit from the upper flipper? Haven't been able to watch the whole time.

Not sure this can be done

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This is silly to say but the sling shot plastics with no art are even looking good, it’s the lighting and fits the vibe and color package.

It's almost as if these experienced, talented developers knew what they were doing...

#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from easye9901:

Not sure this can be done

They said on the stream it can.

#2057 3 years ago

Game looks like a fast flowing machine. Not a huge fan of the animations. Still pretty excited to get my pro edition.

#2058 3 years ago

The game looks fast, fun and awesome! Sound and light show is great and this might be the best modern spinner ripping game! Love that sound.

#2059 3 years ago

Steve + Tim = WIN!!!

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

They said on the stream it can.

I believe it's just the right and left flipper.
Looks like you could get lucky, but not designed for the upper flipper

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Game looks rather uninspiring

make-like-a-tree-and-get-outta-here.jpgmake-like-a-tree-and-get-outta-here.jpg
#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

Whoa whoa Biff what's that loaded game over there? *Biff looks and see's GNR lol.

#2063 3 years ago

Thru the Electric Magic to the center ramp looks pretty tasty. Definitely a fun looking game, but still might like a little more variety in the songs throughout a ball (as in, ability to change mid-ball). At the same time, I am not gonna have ball times as long as these dudes so maybe it's a moot point.

#2064 3 years ago

I saw them hit the middle ramp with upper flipper early in the stream. Lights make this game. Play is fast but very redundant. But overall, not bad. I'll wait to play this one 1st before i would buy it.

#2065 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Biff looks and see's GNR

I have never seen this before -A JJP fanboy trolling a Stern HYPE thread

#2066 3 years ago

The game looks great. And dare I say, it has some of the best LCD content i've seen for a pinball machine. Love the retro look!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2067 3 years ago

This seems like the party pin for people who prefer Zeppelin over GnR. Playfield does seem a bit bare but I think that might make it more accessible for new people picking it up.

#2068 3 years ago

Just ordered a Premium! Awesome game! Great music too!

#2069 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have never seen this before -A JJP fanboy trolling a Stern HYPE thread

I enjoy Stern games, currently own two of them including a Ghostbusters premium and considering purchasing AIQ. Have purchased several other Stern's as well over the years. If you don't want to read any criticism head over to the owners thread!

#2070 3 years ago

Fast game but will try before I consider buying. Not a lot there for me and can see this getting redundant because after watching for a while it felt that way. EHOH deposit staying were its at.

Congrats to those who are happy, just lacking for me. Love Zeppelin but not the game as of now. Will play and hopefully will change my mind. Tilt Studios in Arizona is supposed to get a pro.

#2071 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I enjoy Stern games, currently own two of them including a Ghostbusters premium and considering purchasing AIQ. Have purchased several other Stern's as well over the years. If you don't want to read any criticism head over to the owners thread!

Agree.

#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Whoa whoa Biff what's that loaded game over there? *Biff looks and see's GNR lol.

You mean the one with fat axel shuffling around?

#2073 3 years ago

Speaking of Fat Axel-I really liked the nostalgic footage and animations from Led Zeppelin in their 'Prime' as it should be. Thank you design team-you nailed it! Animations and video footage really tied the play together and was put together well.

#2074 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You mean the one with fat axel shuffling around?

Fat axel who sounds like his nuts are in a vice non stop.

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Speaking of Fat Axel-I really liked the nostalgic footage and animations from Led Zeppelin in their 'Prime' as it should be. Thank you design team-you nailed it! Animations and video footage really tied the play together and was put together well.

They clearly made nice use of the assets available and the original stuff is great. Psychedelic and funny - I love watching the Hindenburg launch. Oh the humanity!

Also unless you guys are talking about Beverly Hills Cop it's "fat Axl!"

#2076 3 years ago

Peter Grant approves

99A260DA-7EDB-4DCC-9AFE-19D54EC57DF9 (resized).jpeg99A260DA-7EDB-4DCC-9AFE-19D54EC57DF9 (resized).jpeg
#2077 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I'm with ya there, the nostalgic footage is nice in LZ. As much as I like GNR the modern only concert footage is a minor letdown (saved by master tracks). I'm also not a fan of GNR being tied to a concert tour that is still occurring versus just about the band in general.

#2078 3 years ago

Caught like a minute of the Instagram feed, hardly enough to get more than a glimpse of an impression. Glad people are enjoying it. It's a Ritchie game with Zeppelin music, dunno what else you expected as far as vibe and speed. If that's enough for you be happy. If it doesn't float your boat, well, there are so many options these days.

Criticism of things like the art feels fair to me, but no reason to just try and tear the game down if it's not for you. Keep it constructive.

I'll be curious to see the LCD stuff that people are liking, that's often the weak spot for me with modern games, hopefully there's a decent video of it at some point. Sounds like the DMCA issues might make it a pain to see. All I saw was like 3 seconds of what looked like live concert footage.

#2079 3 years ago

Went to see this game officially play and after reading these forums beforehand (as I’m late), I was happy to see such positive comments. Then I saw CrazyLevi’s over the top praise for it and thought, shit is this just the stern army defending this dud? Hopefully not

After watching the stream for 20 min, I can confirm. Stern army is in full effect.

What a borefest. Nothing interesting. Spinner sound is also really annoying. I heard Tim defending the terrible art which I thought was hilarious.

Game is almost as boring as Munsters when I saw it. Well stern has been killing it recently (JP, Avengers and yes TMNT) - can’t all be winners.

#2080 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

Peter Grant approves
[quoted image]

Great read here (and it's on sale for $2.99 on kindle right now). https://www.amazon.com/Bring-Home-Zeppelin-Beyond-Greatest-ebook/dp/B07BVNYB6P/ref=pd_sim_1

#2081 3 years ago

I have a GNR LE and I love it - it does things no other game I have played does, such a crazy experience. With that said, GNR is *really* busy on the playfield, and it is never really flowy because there is so much going on. It is also way slower, "heavier" in that way JJP games are. Again, I love it...

This LZ is way faster, much smoother, and in a way more "pure pinball" than the GNR. This seems to apply to their rulesets as well - I guess each style actually fits the respective band really well: 80s glamour vs. 70s intellectualism.

Either way, I am going to love having both in my collection.

#2082 3 years ago

You all hear that at the end of the stream? Sexton said this video will be on Stern Insider. So Jack said at the end "glad you said that, because I was about to upload it to YouTube". I wanted to watch it from the beginning..... Guess not.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2083 3 years ago

They need to go back to Twitch or something? F Facebook and Instagram BS

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

You all hear that at the end of the stream? Sexton said this video will be on Stern Insider. So Jack said at the end "glad you said that, because I was about to upload it to YouTube". I wanted to watch it from the beginning..... Guess not.

That sucks. I was reading this thread for initial impressions with plans to watch the youtube later.

#2085 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Flow is overrated when it comes at the sacrifice of toys / features

What a crock of shit that is. I'll take an open PF and speed/flow over loaded bore fest any day. But luckily we have Stern for one and JJP fpr the other.

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They clearly made nice use of the assets available and the original stuff is great. Psychedelic and funny - I love watching the Hindenburg launch. Oh the humanity!
Also unless you guys are talking about Beverly Hills Cop it's "fat Axl!"

Haha who cares on spelling. Hes still fat!

#2087 3 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

I think it will be on both

#2088 3 years ago

I am pretty buzzed right now

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Went to see this game officially play and after reading these forums beforehand (as I’m late), I was happy to see such positive comments. Then I saw CrazyLevi’s over the top praise for it and thought, shit is this just the stern army defending this dud? Hopefully not
After watching the stream for 20 min, I can confirm. Stern army is in full effect.
What a borefest. Nothing interesting. Spinner sound is also really annoying. I heard Tim defending the terrible art which I thought was hilarious.
Game is almost as boring as Munsters when I saw it. Well stern has been killing it recently (JP, Avengers and yes TMNT) - can’t all be winners.

You lost your Fing Mind or must be blind

#2090 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Tim and Levi are BFFs. You will
Never see him criticize his games.

#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What a crock of shit that is. I'll take an open PF and speed/flow over loaded bore fest any day. But luckily we have Stern for one and JJP fpr the other.

That looks like pure pinball shooting dream, I’m more than satisfied with the entire pkg and Tim said there is a good bit more to be added.

I’ll even go on to say this light show very well be better than The JJP hot rails.

I don’t know if it’s the placement, syncing to the music in detail of drum beat etc.. or just the colors chosen in tandem with the PF art.

Everything that seemed just ok in the photos really popped tonight, PF art, Blades, Plastics...

Stern captured the vintage 70’s vibe for sure!

#2092 3 years ago

What a great game for Steve and his career to end on IF this is his last game. What a blast to play and shoot!

#2093 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am pretty buzzed right now

Damn, guessed wrong...

F44A0167-4E1E-43E1-8A9E-D6422DA19E84 (resized).jpegF44A0167-4E1E-43E1-8A9E-D6422DA19E84 (resized).jpeg

#2094 3 years ago

Just happy for Steve and Tim - great guys.

#2095 3 years ago

Better than I thought it would be , just don’t know if it’s worth the premium price tag . The pro is worthless in my opinion , premium is the way to go. Was expecting a little more “ game” for the money , especially compared to other manufacturers at that price

#2096 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You would literally defend Stern if there was nothing but open air on the playfield. The ultimate flow! We are getting there at this rate.

screen-shot-2012-08-15-at-4-17-55-pm (resized).pngscreen-shot-2012-08-15-at-4-17-55-pm (resized).png

#2097 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Better than I thought it would be , just don’t know if it’s worth the premium price tag . The pro is worthless in my opinion , premium is the way to go. Was expecting a little more “ game” for the money , especially compared to other manufacturers at that price

You did hear the light show can be added to pro correct

#2098 3 years ago

How much will the lighting for the Pro cost?
Order thru distro?
What I could see on the lcd melted together perfectly with the light show down below
Brought back those experimental years!

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes but no

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinner

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I did not . That’s confirmed ? Because to me the lights make the whole thing . I have been on the fence about getting a premium . Might just wait a bit longer to play one first though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, KS
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/42?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.