E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 68.
#1901 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

The games you're mentioning are to easy for me.
They make me yawn.

Then again I have skills
You'll understand some day

@ Napolean Pinchild

skills (resized).jpgskills (resized).jpg
#1902 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would just recommend tuning into FB and if it gets shut down bounce over to his YouTube channel. Or sterns.

Thanks .I was hoping to avoid FB but I’m not missing this .I have a good feeling about the gameplay and am in the minority that really likes the nostalgic look to these pins .Expecially the prem .

#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks .I was hoping to avoid FB but I’m not missing this .I have a good feeling about the gameplay and am in the minority that really likes the nostalgic look to these pins .Expecially the prem .

You can watch stream on their fb page without having a fb login correct?

I’ve been able to see their videos of the release this week not logged in.

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

They make me yawn.

I was once a bold loud mouth newbie as well-trust me I stuck my foot in my mouth quite a few times
Laughing..gifLaughing..gif

#1905 3 years ago

after scrolling thru pictures of MMR and crazi levi and the rest of this zep thread i have come to this conclusion. the problem with stern LZ is JJP GNR. mic drop! ramble on.

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was once a bold loud mouth newbie as well-trust me I stuck my foot in my mouth quite a few times
[quoted image]

I like drinking early and often

#1907 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I like drinking early and often

First step - admitting you have a problem.

#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I call Bull Shit-Now here is your challenge. Post a video of you playing Star Wars with open out-lanes and if you can even destroy the Death Star I will give you $25. Show me those skilllz

Excuse me.jpgExcuse me.jpg
#1909 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

I was reading your comments and I have to say they felt dismissive. So, I thought I would try to sketch out what people like me are thinking. It is just a pinball machine but I do love pinball and there are truly a very limited amount of grail themes.
In 1977 I was in 5th grade when I saw Star Wars at the Coronet theater in San Francisco—which is where the film premiered. I saw it in the theater 9 times that summer. Led Zeppelin was the soundtrack to my teenage years. Those types of memories are limited. A person may only have a couple of true grail themes. Sure, I'll enjoy the next one as I enjoy them all to some degree but I still think it's fair to leave space for a discussion about lackluster art package.
I listened to Jeff Teolis to raise the same issues that I had this evening on his podcast. He's still buying the game. I too still want to play it and I might even buy one. I do care a lot about this theme and unfortunately, the next one will just be something random that I won't have an emotional connection to. So, for now, I’ll just go ahead and make my points and you can drink my beer for me.
See you tomorrow on Twitch.
P.S. I think you're a cool person. You've helped me out on here with some pinball problems. I know you and I could just totally hang out and it would be fun. I'm just talking about my feelings and stuff.

I’m not sure if you’ve given SW a chance. The art might have been a sore spot but the comic edition especially the pro is outstanding. As for gameplay, layout and code it’s one of my all time favorite pins.

Now I understand not everyone loves the same pins but also I’m not sure everyone has given SW a fair chance.

0A5CCE4E-9D44-4991-A725-F6BFD2B30DE7 (resized).jpeg0A5CCE4E-9D44-4991-A725-F6BFD2B30DE7 (resized).jpeg

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not sure if you’ve given SW a chance. The art might have been a sore spot but the comic edition especially the pro is outstanding. As for gameplay, layout and code it’s one of my all time favorite pins.
Now I understand not everyone loves the same pins but also I’m not sure everyone has given SW a fair chance.
[quoted image]

I'm not a huge fan of this game but I see nothing wrong with the art on it. This is another example of what I mentioned in regards to the comparison with the PF art from Aerosmith. You can walk up to this game and instantly see where the shots are because the art guides you to them, for newbies or even just someone new to that particular game it helps you find places to send the ball. This seems to be something that SR wants / likes in his games and it goes back a long way in his career.

#1911 3 years ago

AC/DC Luci and GOT Prem are eye candy. The pros were not so much, but it’s all subjective. Stern needs to step the quality back up.

093B027B-ADED-4518-87D2-0FAE8ABF0E58 (resized).jpeg093B027B-ADED-4518-87D2-0FAE8ABF0E58 (resized).jpeg2882AF4D-36A6-4779-9D96-BA63B6366493 (resized).jpeg2882AF4D-36A6-4779-9D96-BA63B6366493 (resized).jpeg36A3741D-75C5-47EF-A3F5-3BD8686A6BE5 (resized).jpeg36A3741D-75C5-47EF-A3F5-3BD8686A6BE5 (resized).jpeg6978794F-73E3-46AF-85B0-8300F2FC67BB (resized).jpeg6978794F-73E3-46AF-85B0-8300F2FC67BB (resized).jpegA88A8025-F851-4AEF-82F8-A0C8BF2A7BBD (resized).jpegA88A8025-F851-4AEF-82F8-A0C8BF2A7BBD (resized).jpegECE8BBDD-CB1F-4ABD-A300-D633A1417462 (resized).jpegECE8BBDD-CB1F-4ABD-A300-D633A1417462 (resized).jpeg
#1912 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You can watch stream on their fb page without having a fb login correct?
I’ve been able to see their videos of the release this week not logged in.

How do you watch without a login ?

#1913 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

How do you watch without a login ?

Can you see this video?

https://fb.watch/2szvt3M8sd/

#1915 3 years ago

No says log in first

#1916 3 years ago

I have to smile over the art hate.. especially when so many pin collectors shelling out the 7-9k for these wedge them in side by side so you can barely see the sides of the cabinet. Honestly, other than a few pins I can't tell you how many pins that I love the side art on them. I'm more focused on the playfield and backglass for art.. and over everything else is it fun.. I keep reading that if I'm gonna pay X dollars I want an art collection. Must be nice to have that problem. I was thinking .. sweet pin, wish I could afford one.

#1918 3 years ago

Pro incoming by the end of the month!

#1919 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Pro incoming by the end of the month!

Shweeeet!

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Star Wars is generally disliked by those who either dont know how to play it or arent very good at pinball.

Its a hard game.. people turn it on their game lasts 35 seconds therefore "it sucks" not them

#1921 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If everybody thinks a game is boring nobody will buy it.
If it´s really fun and you want to buy it for your home, why wouldn´t you care how it looks?
Hence, the better it shoots the more important looks get.
You cant honestly say, you dont care one bit what your furniture looks like aslong as they are comfortable?
Well, you can if you still live in your moms garage, but most people dont.

Furnituregument is a new one lol but yes, comfort in furniture is top priority. That's my point. Gameplay most important. I don't even care how a pin looks if it doesn't play well. If the pin is absolutely butt fugly then maybe that spoils it but LZ is not that bad.

#1922 3 years ago

So if I can see this now will this link become the stream later?

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So if I can see this now will this link become the stream later?

Just sign up for facebook.. then they can data mine you until the day you die and you can see pictures of peoples food every day.

#1924 3 years ago

No. I was just posting that to test if Kkoss24 could see it without logging in.

This is the link you want.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/

#1925 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. I was just posting that to test if kkoss24 could see it without logging in.

Ok I’ve been able to view those vids all along, don’t think you need to be a FB user to see it.

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not sure everyone has given SW a fair chance.

Fair enough, SW playfield looks way better than LZ!

Look at how at least on SW, the location of the inserts were clearly designed with shots and art in mind.

EF0DAAAC-4553-4BE8-823E-514CC92A43F6.jpegEF0DAAAC-4553-4BE8-823E-514CC92A43F6.jpeg

Now compare with LZ. Clearly art was just pasted on after design and even a poor job at that. Look at how inserts cover up art haphazardly. Lowest in the industry. Other Sterns games are great, this is just clear as day really poor work.

Now if you don’t see it, I’m happy for you as maybe ignorance is bliss. But for those who have an eye, which is pretty much most of us, one can tell the difference.

9ABF7952-2A7F-4C0D-A457-0A16141364CB.jpeg9ABF7952-2A7F-4C0D-A457-0A16141364CB.jpeg
And if you don’t care, then don’t care enough to comment. I care because I care and that’s why I comment.

#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Look at how at least on SW, the location of the inserts were clearly designed with shots and art in mind.
[quoted image]
Now compare with LZ. Clearly art was just pasted on after design and even a poor job at that. Look at how inserts cover up art haphazardly. Lowest in the industry. Other Sterns games are great, this is just clear as day really poor work.
Now if you don’t see it, I’m happy for you as maybe ignorance is bliss. But for those who have an eye, which is pretty much most of us, one can tell the difference.
[quoted image]
And if you don’t care, then don’t care enough to comment. I care because I care and that’s why I comment.

Not really understanding what you mean by “how the inserts cover up art haphazardly “

#1928 3 years ago

I've noticed Pinsiders tend to think "good art" means hand drawn and overloaded with detail. Which is fine, you have this object in your home and it's fun to keep finding details as the years go by.

That said a simple design can be fine, like Stern ST 2013 playfield. But if a simple art style doesn't fit the theme, like GOT playfield then yes, people will birch.

But like GOT I'm sure Empty Zeppelin was more victim to licensor restrictions than a lack of talent or effort on Stern's part. What is their plan, to force Ritchie to retire with super low BOMs and reused Iron Monger mechs?

#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Not really understanding what you mean by “how the inserts cover up art haphazardly “

When I look at the Star Wars art package, I see areas of art that blend with inserts and using inserts to mark out areas of art/story.

Look at the center and how the major mode hot dog and square inserts frame a center area with the main characters portraits above their associated inserts. Outside each mode insert is an area of art related to that specific mode.

Inserts up to the Death Star Ramp use the green laser blast to help guide the player to the shot, and then two iconic characters of opposite alignments are split along it. Their own lightsabers going towards shots.

Granted Star Wars is a story. They have lots of visual cues to work with.

But Led Zeppelin is just whatever. We get blimps, Icarus, and a few hermit logos. Other music pins have done better

And just to say, I’m not mad. I’m not saying the game is trash. I love pinball. It looks like a fun layout. I just want them to be the best. I enjoy trying to discuss and explain specific areas. I’m not just shitting on it to be mean. I’m genuinely a bit disappointed as a pinball nerd. (That’s right, I went full disappointed parent)

I’ll forward to seeing how it shoots. The upper flipper shots look fun.

#1930 3 years ago

Thought it was funny that in order to get a good picture of the side art you had to move the other pin. Back to the hype.. I have pro versions of GOTG and TMNT. I saw no reason to buy the premium. However ST and AIQ have me considering the premium. LZ has me right on the fence. I do like the premium art better (there i said it).. but the ball thing in the middle isn't a big deal to me, nor is the extra habitrail. But the missing lights might deal breaker. Looks cool though.

#1931 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Thought it was funny that in order to get a good picture of the side art you had to move the other pin. Back to the hype.. I have pro versions of GOTG and TMNT. I saw no reason to buy the premium. However ST and AIQ have me considering the premium. LZ has me right on the fence. I do like the premium art better (there i said it).. but the ball thing in the middle isn't a big deal to me, nor is the extra habitrail. But the missing lights might deal breaker. Looks cool though.

Stern is releasing the lights for the Pro in March, not sure how much though

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Stern is releasing the lights for the Pro in March

For real? That’s huge.

#1933 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

But Led Zeppelin is just whatever. We get blimps, Icarus, and a few hermit logos. Other music pins have done better
And just to say, I’m not mad. I’m not saying the game is trash. I love pinball. It looks like a fun layout. I just want them to be the best. I enjoy trying to discuss and explain specific areas. I’m not just shitting on it to be mean. I’m genuinely a bit disappointed as a pinball nerd. (That’s right, I went full disappointed parent)
I’ll forward to seeing how it shoots

100% exacty how I feel

#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. I was just posting that to test if kkoss24 could see it without logging in.

Thanks CW I’ll see if it comes on YouTube I’m not giving in to FB I’ve made it this long without it

#1935 3 years ago

So I listened to the Stern Insider episode this morning, and there were a couple interesting takeaways:

- Ritchie said in May (!) he scrapped a lot of the design.
- Definitely sounds like a low-key confirmation from the art designer that licensing limitations were restrictive.
- A couple of hardcore Zep fans on the team.

That last point I think is something to keep in mind. As much as there might not be love for this machine on here, it's clear the designers were invested in the product. Maybe there were covid limitations that limited collaborative feedback, but Ritchie said he'd wanted this license since the 70s. The "phoned it in" criticism seems unfair.

That said, I still have a couple reservations about the code - I am so used to having full songs broken up by other song modes that I wonder if being in the same song for the whole ball is gonna be tiresome. At the same time, I used to love Guitar Hero and that's played as songs in their entirety. Also I will very likely drain before the end of most Zep songs anyway lol

Still, I kinda hope that if you end up in the left eject, for example, you are presented with an option to switch tracks mid-ball. Anyone know the best way to ping Sexton and ask him to work that in?

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Crazy ribbing in that clear on LZ.

#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Crazy ribbing in that clear on LZ.

Oh no!

#1938 3 years ago

My prediction... a reverse Elvira.

Everyone loved that artwise until they saw it in action first stream...

I am guessing this will be the opposite once the stream is done.

Either way I called and asked about one from more than one dealer and guess what? sold out 100% on pros.

#1939 3 years ago

Found this quote on arcadeheroes.com:

"Pro cabinet sides are pre-cut to allow installation of an accessory Expression Lighting System, available in February."

Great news for those of us wanting a pro.

#1940 3 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

Found this quote on arcadeheroes.com:
"Pro cabinet sides are pre-cut to allow installation of an accessory Expression Lighting System, available in February."
Great news for those of us wanting a pro.

I wonder if it’ll be a standard option on all game cabinets going forward

#1941 3 years ago

Maybe they can also Put a Premium Playfield in a Pro Cab like they did With Metallica Monsters / People actually Payed and Bought a Monsters which was a Premium in a PPro cab With the only change was a Diff Backglass Art instead of the Pro Backglass, so in turn you got pro Cab and Head art . Prem playfield and Newer Backglass That was unlike Pro Prem and LE Backglass.
Not that i thought it a good idea . I like my Met Roadcase with the Band Backglass

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

it's clear the designers were invested in the product.

It is?
What in this game, says the designers put their heart and souls into this project?

#1943 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

It is?
What in this game, says the designers put their heart and souls into this project?

You will see tonight

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

It is?

I didn't say they put their heart and souls into it - this isn't GnR + Slash. But I just can't see myself saying they phoned it in figuratively. Literally? Quite possible, and I think that is maybe why it feels off with so much of this game being done during covid. Harder to bring a cohesive package together when everyone is working from home and I am sure everyone has their opinion about if they should have held off longer on the release. But if it is fun to play I think it will still be a success, art be damned.

#1945 3 years ago

Hey guys if you want to watch today's stream on something larger than your phone or iPad I just discovered an App on my Samsung TV called "Facebook Watch" that allows you to watch FB vids without a FB account. I searched Stern and found the LZ vids, hopefully the stream will appear there in real time this evening!

#1946 3 years ago

Facebook has dedicated gaming channels for streaming called Facebook Gaming. Are we sure this isn’t going to be there?

#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

Hey guys if you want to watch today's stream on something larger than your phone or iPad I just discovered an App on my Samsung TV called "Facebook Watch" that allows you to watch FB vids without a FB account. I searched Stern and found the LZ vids, hopefully the stream will appear there in real time this evening!

I looked up FB watch it looks like if you go to “live” it will be posted up at 6 .It seems to scroll through the latest live streams

#1948 3 years ago

What time is Dead Flip streaming again? EST?

#1949 3 years ago
F480D82B-7209-4179-AF3B-84A1990ED412 (resized).jpegF480D82B-7209-4179-AF3B-84A1990ED412 (resized).jpeg
#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What time is Dead Flip streaming again? EST?

7:00 PM EST

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 65.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.