E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 68.
#1501 3 years ago

Watch this in Spotify. If this was the LCD for this song, that would be amazing.

https://open.spotify.com/track/0yVs7eSL8mPnIu2CGKHpUQ?si=6gFxMaKLR3Grvxdp6ur-iA

#1502 3 years ago

That poor Led Zeppelin came in a bit too late, right after and the JJP GNR release, and in similar price range. The game looks painfully empty, old and dull.

#1503 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Never again might be a bit much, but yeah, it reminds me of Star Trek TNG. What are the chances that we'll ever see another game like that, where so much of the cast came in to record original voice lines? (Actually, now that I'm writing this I guess sorta TSPP, just not as many people needed.) We're lucky these days to get phoned in lines from a single actor.
But you're right, it's special when everything lines up that way. I really don't like people calling Stern lazy or seeing the personal bashing of the people involved. Just not fair or cool to me to see it.
But the difference between a product where everyone on all sides comes together to really care as opposed to just collecting the license check and sending the asset pack is huge. Stern could avoid a lot of bellyaching, and sell more games, if they just picked licenses where the people involved gave a crap about pinball. Slash cared, JJP cared, it showed. I'm sure Ritchie cared, but clearly LZ's management company gave zero f***s about this game.
I personally want to see Stern and every company succeed. They might hate to admit it, but I do think they get the message when people speak up and get mad over stuff. You gotta hold the line though, you can't just buy every 'dream theme' because it got the logo on the box. Reward the packages that really sing, and you'll probably get more of them.

Rick and Morty?

#1504 3 years ago

I am working on an alternative... Backglass and Decals. I just want to see what it could be. This is a work in progress.

LZ (resized).pngLZ (resized).png

#1505 3 years ago

I’m late to the reveal and commentary. I’ll just say my take is .. disappointment. I expected a lot more with respect to artwork and features. So much more they could have done. Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti alone should have sparked some artistic and feature creativity. This seems so stripped down. And the LE artwork ... who did this ... an 18 year old with a cursory read on Wikipedia about 60’s tie dye culture?

I missed the LE preorder, and quite glad accordingly.

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Watch this in Spotify. If this was the LCD for this song, that would be amazing.
https://open.spotify.com/track/0yVs7eSL8mPnIu2CGKHpUQ?si=6gFxMaKLR3Grvxdp6ur-iA

Is there supposed to be video? It just plays the track.

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is there supposed to be video? It just plays the track.

Yeah. Plays video on my phone. It’s a crazy grungy loop of a Zeppelin crashing and the band signing. Matches the art on the premium well. Would be a cool clip to have in the game for that song.

#1508 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Rick and Morty?

I haven't had the pleasure of playing one yet, but it's clearly it's an excellent example of everyone caring for sure and the end result reflecting it. Spooky doesn't have JJP budgets, and the voice cast isn't as large at TNG, but yeah, I'd count it 100%. Everyone involved has gone more than the extra mile to make that game what it is.

Everybody can spend their money on whatever they want. But for me at least there are games that have real passion, and games that don't. Stern is clearly capable of doing high passion projects, where it shows that the extra effort went into it. They also have games that feel like they're only there to fill the production line.

It's not a personal judgement on them or the people working there, I know for a fact that they work hard on all of them. People talk sh*t about "phoning it in" on some titles, but I promise you even those games were a lot of work. But the magic only happens on some games, and those are the ones I find interesting.

I'm not rich, just a pretty blessed middle class dude. If there's a game I really want I can find a way to buy it, but it's not a casual purchase for me to throw $6k+ on something. If you won't even notice that much missing in your couch then more power to you I guess. Still, just because you like the band or the logo or whatever's on the box, don't you want more of an emotional connection to justify that kind of money on a toy?

I know it's nothing new for people to order the LE sight unseen, but watching this parade of people trying to get their deposits back just makes me feel like we could all stand to take a breath and slow down and watch for what matters. While still buying games and enjoying the hobby.

#1509 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Plays video on my phone. It’s a crazy grungy loop of a Zeppelin crashing and the band signing. Matches the art on the premium well. Would be a cool clip to have in the game for that song.

Yeah that’s pretty sweet, I think they used some background video like that during the Celebration Day show. Don’t think they played that song but similar style for some of the others.

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check out good times bad times video same album

#1511 3 years ago

Looks pretty skimpy, but Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands ever. I know the music is gonna be awesome to play to, but man, I'm worried about how much there is to play to.

This one will live or die by code, because the physical hooks really aren't there. Gives me shades of Star Wars, but I hope it's more smooth.

#1512 3 years ago

Too bad you can’t get a pro cabinet with a premium playfield.

I really think they got this one backwards.

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Rick and Morty?

Agree, the callouts are super entertaining (reminds me of tspp in theme integration).

#1514 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Too bad you can’t get a pro cabinet with a premium playfield.
I really think they got this one backwards.

If we were only shown the art and I guessed which one was which I would’ve though the pro art was the premium as well.

#1515 3 years ago

stern LZ = corvette C7
JJP GNR = corvette C8
we needed a cargument here.

#1516 3 years ago

Ok, ill argue. The c8 is fine, but c7 z06 is amazing. I see a c8 coming from afar and think its a Lamborghini. Not same with c7. 8 is a great car for sure, but us old guys like certain things,,, like zeppelin

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

stern LZ = corvette C7
JJP GNR = corvette C8

But which pin is the c8 now?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1518 3 years ago

Lz of course!! Much faster and flows so nice haha. Both are good. They did steal that blue from Chevy tho didn't they,,

#1519 3 years ago

Can you still run pinstadiums with the Expression Lighting System ? Seems like mounting them would cover the expression lighting...

#1520 3 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Rush/ Van Halen !!!!!

Be careful what you ask Stern to build/design. They may Led Zeppelin it.

#1521 3 years ago
Quoted from xianek:

I am working on an alternative... Backglass and Decals. I just want to see what it could be. This is a work in progress.
[quoted image]

Do it!

zep (resized).jpgzep (resized).jpg
#1522 3 years ago

vector (resized).pngvector (resized).png
Led Zeppelin V1D (resized).pngLed Zeppelin V1D (resized).png
Still working on that... Once it's done, I will copy and paste it all over the pin just like they did on the Premium... Or, maybe I will put more effort into it. We'll see. It's unlikely I am getting this pin anyway. Nonetheless, the idea is that the black will be impenetrable by light and the red will shine strongly. The "MOTHERSHIP" lettering would be semi-transparent because this is where the LED light on Spike 2 shines the most and it will make an interesting illumination.

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

stern LZ = corvette C7
JJP GNR = corvette C8

Perfect example, because both of them are probably borked within a month.

#1524 3 years ago

LZ are notorious for suing anyone that uses their music or anything related to the band without permission. I'm wondering if they will act if anyone produces extras/mods for this game.

#1525 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Spooky doesn't have JJP budgets, and the voice cast isn't as large at TNG, but yeah, I'd count it 100%. Everyone involved has gone more than the extra mile to make that game what it is.

Absolutely. Even just Justin Roiland alone...he does tons of voices in the game: Rick, Morty, Meeseeks, Mr. Poopy Butthole...prob a bunch of others. Dan Harmon is Bird Person & the Flu Hatin' Rapper. Even the non-cast voices fit PERFECTLY. Not sure who's doing Scary Terry, but he nailed it. I think Jack Danger or a Podcaster is the voice of the Roy mode...he does a great job. The game is loaded with personality, which is usually what gets lost in Stern's games of recent years.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1526 3 years ago
Quoted from xianek:

Still working on that... Once it's done, I will copy and paste it all over the pin just like they did on the Premium... Or, maybe I will put more effort into it. We'll see.

Why are you so focused on mothership? That's just a 2007 greatest hits compilation released ostensibly to generate revenue. Historically it has nothing to do with the band. It's not even the first compilation.. Led Zeppelin Remasters came out in 1990.

I think Physical Graffiti would make an excellent backglass theme. Especially if you could stylize the head sideart into the sides of the building.

#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

LZ are notorious for suing anyone that uses their music or anything related to the band without permission. I'm wondering if they will act if anyone produces extras/mods for this game.

You (anyone) will certainly get a cease and desist if you make the sale of copyrighted items public. If it looks like you're making any amount of money you will be sued and may also face criminal charges.

This is what Gary Stern is upset about. When the mod community starts crossing the line, it makes licensors wary of selling into that market—thus making it harder for the company to roll out future themes we’ll be interested in.

You can do all of the low-key art projects you want but once the shopify store opens it's bad for everyone.

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think Jack Danger or a Podcaster is the voice of the Roy mode...he does a great job. The game is loaded with personality, which is usually what gets lost in Stern's games of recent years.

"Roy's life stagnated as he continued to miss shots..."

#1529 3 years ago

“Man I hate the art. Classic album covers don’t represent this band!

I know....cheesy compilation art. Boom!”

“Wait, maybe something with box set crop circles?”

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

What will happen is someone from Stern will send you a polite note asking you to please stop. They're obligated to protect the license. A couple under the table? Sure nobody will care if it's kept quiet. Take out ads and start new threads to advertise it? Probably get that note.

#1531 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What will happen is someone from Stern will send you a polite note asking you to please stop. They're obligated to protect the license. A couple under the table? Sure nobody will care if it's kept quiet. Take out ads and start new threads to advertise it? Probably get that note.

I’m guessing you got a note after Star Trek?

Did anyone care about The Shadow? Heck who even owns that IP

#1532 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Why are you so focused on mothership? That's just a 2007 greatest hits compilation released ostensibly to generate revenue. Historically it has nothing to do with the band. It's not even the first compilation.. Led Zeppelin Remasters came out in 1990.

Totally agree, LZ loathed 'greatest hits' albums.

#1533 3 years ago

Center Ramp from Upper Flipper?

Stern's gameplay teaser clips for both models point out how the center ramp is accessible from all three flippers. I do see a 2" rubber on the left side of the ramp entrance. Does that allow for a bounce/carom from the upper flipper up the ramp, a la the Sninkt Shot on DP? I don't see such a bounce happen in any of the MB footage in either clip. I'm just fishing for more shots from that upper flipper, since, for the moment, I see only the shots to the L-E-D targets, the Hot Shot ramp, and - possibly - a sweep of the Z-E-P drops. I don't see a sweep of the Z-E-P targets by a shot from the upper flipper in either of the clips, but the shot path does seem to be there.

#1534 3 years ago

Center Ramp Clear When Magic Mech is Up?

What shots are clear/visible and which are blocked when the rising Magic mech is up? It looks like there's a narrow lane to the center ramp when the mech is up. And what does the ball strike behind it if you rip the spinner? Is there a chance a rip from the right flipper will strike the Icarus Leaper mech? Could a rip from the left flipper sneak all the way past into the pops, maybe even threading the pops?

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Only 1 left! Go get em![quoted image]

Whats that hanging out its mouth. This is what i was thinking

Red baron (resized).pngRed baron (resized).png
#1536 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m guessing you got a note after Star Trek?

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Did anyone care about The Shadow? Heck who even owns that IP

A company that doesn't follow or care about pinball. The reality is that Led Zeppelin isn't gonna catch you making a translite for people on Pinside, they don't care about pinball either. But Stern might, or probably will, they read Pinside. And they want to just handle it nicely, nobody there wants to report you to LZ's lawyers for a real C&D.

As is their right, not mad, just to be clear. They gotta hold up their end of the contract. And now that they sell their own mods too I can definitely see their side of things, they're paying for the license. They don't want to have to compete with someone who isn't. Mostly though I think it's about them doing their due diligence. Don't wave it in their face.

Any future Stern mods I end up doing, if any, will steer clear of trademark issues. Just not worth it. All I can recommend to anyone else is don't spend a ton of time or money doing up a mod that violates LZ's trademarks because it might get that polite note.

#1537 3 years ago

So I'm ready to buy an LE edition and they're already sold out. It sounds like "club" members bought them up and thus they were never really available to begin with. Is that typical for Stern and LE? Why do they announce a product that they aren't going to sell?

#1538 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

A company that doesn't follow or care about pinball. The reality is that Led Zeppelin isn't gonna catch you making a translite for people on Pinside, they don't care about pinball either. But Stern might, or probably will, they read Pinside. And they want to just handle it nicely, nobody there wants to report you to LZ's lawyers for a real C&D.
As is their right, not mad, just to be clear. They gotta hold up their end of the contract. And now that they sell their own mods too I can definitely see their side of things, they're paying for the license. They don't want to have to compete with someone who isn't. Mostly though I think it's about them doing their due diligence. Don't wave it in their face.
Any future Stern mods I end up doing, if any, will steer clear of trademark issues. Just not worth it. All I can recommend to anyone else is don't spend a ton of time or money doing up a mod that violates LZ's trademarks because it might get that polite note.

Don't let Rick from cgc see your homemade wms Shadow Translite that you sale on pinside
Or do you pay him royalties.

#1539 3 years ago
Quoted from Scarpacifico:

So I'm ready to buy an LE edition and they're already sold out. It sounds like "club" members bought them up and thus they were never really available to begin with. Is that typical for Stern and LE? Why do they announce a product that they aren't going to sell?

Squeaky wheel gets the grease, only been rumored to be the next title for about 18 months now. Need to hit your distro up early. Snooze you lose!

#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Don't let Rick from cgc see your homemade wms Shadow Translite that you sale on pinside

I might be mistaken, but he doesn’t own The Shadow IP so idk what he would claim is infringing on his rights.

But something like a TOTAN alternate translite, he has the IP to that

#1541 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Center Ramp Clear When Magic Mech is Up?
What shots are clear/visible and which are blocked when the rising Magic mech is up? It looks like there's a narrow lane to the center ramp when the mech is up. And what does the ball strike behind it if you rip the spinner? Is there a chance a rip from the right flipper will strike the Icarus Leaper mech? Could a rip from the left flipper sneak all the way past into the pops, maybe even threading the pops?

I believe the Premium features vid shows a through-spinner to Icarus shot.

#1542 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Perfect example, because both of them are probably borked within a month.

to be honest i would be happy right now to own either C7,C8 or jjp Gnrle or lz le. greed is good!

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

to be honest i would be happy right now to own either C7,C8 or jjp Gnrle or lz le. greed is good!

C7 still looks somewhat like a corvette w/american power. C8 doesn’t even come in a stick which is the true killer

#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

Is Robert Mueller their attorney?

#1545 3 years ago
Quoted from Scarpacifico:

Many dealers started taking deposits when the game was announced on Friday and it quickly sold out. Sounds like a few people pulled out, but many dealers also had a waiting list. I've noticed a few WTB ads popping up here which suggests few if any are still available at MSRP. Spots will likely come up but you may need to call around or get one second hand. This is typical for more popular titles but others are available for months after announcement.

#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Rick has nothing to do with any movie-licensed game, separate thing. If you were selling something based on an original Bally Williams game you'd need to talk to him. Or something he does have the license rights to, like the Universal Monsters games.

Mods are what they are. For some people they're a full time business. Some people have stores or sell on eBay. Some of us just do it on a small scale for the community here (like me). I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, just save some potential heartache if you spend a lot of time or money making something with LZ branding on it. It will probably get shut down.

#1547 3 years ago

Ick on a stick.

#1548 3 years ago

I'm seeing some Fire Power and High Speed DNA in LZ, like the three separate lock shots, lack of upper rollovers, target banks and pop bumper placements. SR's games usually play great. Looking forward to seeing game play videos.

#1549 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is Robert Mueller their attorney?

I doubt it. Zeppelin actually released something this past decade.

/Celebration Day

#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

I doubt it. Zeppelin actually released something this past decade.
/Celebration Day

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 65.99
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/31?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.