E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

There are 3,349 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 67.
#1451 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s my only beef with the Pro offering.

Yep....that's a huge blunder by Stern IMO.

Personally, this pushes me into Premium territory because I would need to justify that 3rd flipper.

I'll probably pick up an AIQ pro down the road, instead...even though I much prefer LZ to comic book stuff.

It's all about the shots and code for me. Neutering that 3rd flipper on the pro is a real head scratcher.

#1452 11 months ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

playable games vs lights.

As Gary would say-"We don't want to just sell you a fancy box of lights" Spoken like a true legend

#1453 11 months ago

I'm here for you true zepheaded pinheads. You complain about the over use of the naked man angel Icarus, so I designed you the Red Snapper Mod. (Mudshark mod is in the works for the conspiracy theorists)

Quoted from BeachPickle:"Red Snapper Mod"

Now I see everryone complaining about the redundant use of the same artwork from the cabs on the back glasses. So, may I humbly present to you the "Chat Noir Alt Transelite" which tastefully commemorates the time Peter Grant arranged for the band to receive their four gold records from Metronome Records in the highest end sex club in Stockholm!

You're welcome...

goldRecs.jpg
#1454 11 months ago

The problem here is Stern and their marketing. They are releasing a game with a controversial art package and a playfield on the bare side...

If they are playing the game on Friday, they should have waited until Friday to reveal anything.

Yes, nobody has played the game or even seen it be played. But people are going to react to whatever they have in front of them. It's on Stern for putting this game up days before even a video of someone playing it.

#1455 11 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's on Stern for putting this game up days before even a video of someone playing it.

What is on Stern?

#1456 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Personally, this pushes me into Premium territory because I would need to justify that 3rd flipper.
I'll probably pick up an AIQ pro down the road, instead...even though I much prefer LZ to comic book stuff.
It's all about the shots and code for me. Neutering that 3rd flipper on the pro is a real head scratcher.

As long as I see people in the stream hitting that center ramp consistently (doesn’t look possible), that will help.

I’m pro or no game on this one so hopefully I like the pro.

#1457 11 months ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Yeah this gAme is worse than mommA June’s taint! Just saying

10347082_10203593612269629_3890676937817044934_n (resized).jpg
#1458 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I read the fox article and stern press release and one thing struck me as odd. Does this pic cause you to think anything?
[quoted image]

I enjoyed how flippers were included as being part of the bells and whistles included in a pinball game

#1459 11 months ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I enjoyed how flippers were included as being part of the bells and whistles included in a pinball game

Not to mention legs!

#1460 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Blunder? Sounds like Stern’s choices worked. They WANT you to buy the premium!

#1461 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s my only beef with the Pro offering.

Interesting as I dont really see much to offer from that ramp and prefer the bang and back of a target over the ramp return to safe flipper shot yet again.
I welcome that shift and think it will really bring a bit more skill to the pro.

#1462 11 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

no one can get $9,199.00 worth of enjoyment out of ANY pinball machine much less LZ.

Hold my beer....

#1463 11 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Interesting as I dont really see much to offer from that ramp and prefer the bang and back of a target over the ramp return to safe flipper shot yet again.
I welcome that shift and think it will really bring a bit more skill to the pro.

I thought the same thing, the shot will register to one switch on both the pro and premium.

#1464 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Blunder? Sounds like Stern’s choices worked. They WANT you to buy the premium!

Yeah... I mean Gary has said several times that he believes that Pro's are already priced too low (even with the recent increases).. which I am assuming means the profit margins on the Premiums are generally much higher. They also don't want to lose the commercial market (typically Pro sales) so they make sure they have a handle on that.. It's is much more rare to see JJP games on route than Stern's and a lot of that has to do with price.

#1465 11 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

My .02
- It looks to me like Richie's best layout since Star Trek. 4 ramps, 7 main ball paths...8 if you count the mech that raises up. All the shots look fairly wide...so it should be a combo monster, and of course flow well.
It's kind of the Elwin approach, but with wider shots....lots of ramps, 3rd flipper, light on mechanical features, etc...

I don't see the 'wide' comment.

The left ramp looks rather narrow.. the cross playfield shot looks REALLY narrow. Right ramp and orbits look pretty typical.. only the center ramp looks wide IMO.

#1466 11 months ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I dont mind GNR music.. I just liked it better when Aerosmith did it in the 70s.

Curious. What Aerosmith songs give you that raw intensity like GNR? Aerosmith style seems more Zep, GNR is a more fun Metallica(early).

#1467 11 months ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Sounds like Stern vs JJP, playable games vs lights.

Spoken like a true Stern fanboy! Just canceled my LE as I cant bare to see how poorly integrated this whole game is, and I just feel like this theme has been wasted!

#1468 11 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Spoken like a true Stern fanboy! Just canceled my LE as I cant bare to see how poorly integrated this whole game is, and I just feel like this theme has been wasted!

I guess you didnt see my collection...lol

#1469 11 months ago

I keep hearing people bring up integration, did any of you listen to Tim Sexton’s podcast last night?

To me the integration sounds great, some of you folks are in an alternate universe of something.

You don’t like the art that’s fine, don’t like lack of toys that’s fine too but the only info we have on code and integration is in that video and it sound pretty damn good and different.

#1470 11 months ago

It looks like they rushed the game to compete with gnr. Their marketing of the "true concert experience" supports this.

I personally don't like jjp's gnr, but rushing LZ to compete with a game that is likely the most thoroughly planned game in history is just plain dumb. The contrast brings out the flaws. LZ is a foil to gnr.

#1471 11 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Go to the GNR vs. LZ compare thread then. Nope, not fair to do that here in an exclusive thread about LZ (Reread the title for clarity...GNR is not mentioned anywhere, except by GNR fanboys coming in this thread trying to dump on LZ).

The irony is no one is even talking about G&R in the JJP threads any more games ordered wait 6 months lol

#1472 11 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It looks like they rushed the game to compete with gnr. .

I hope JJP rushes GNR to me and the others that ordered on day one and are still waiting to compete with this.

#1473 11 months ago

Hate to say it and didnt expect to change my order but just canceled LZ pro and ordered a Avengers Premium! LZ pro just doesnt click for me for many reasons. The games all look bad but the Pro missing that right flipper ramp was the nail in the coffin. I love the songs on LZ so maybe down the road ill grab a LZ premium once i get to play one.

#1474 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I keep hearing people bring up integration, did any of you listen to Tim Sexton’s podcast last night?
To me the integration sounds great, some of you folks are in an alternate universe of something.
You don’t like the art that’s fine, don’t like lack of toys that’s fine too but the only info we have on code and integration is in that video and it sound pretty damn good and different.

Your right don't like it for these reasons either! I have a new level of what i am looking for after seeing GnR and wont support companies that cheap out and do not hit the mark. Looking forward to see what they do with Cactus Canyon and Toy Story!

#1475 11 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Dude...STFU. I own a mix of Stern and JJP games and the distributor agreed to switch my deposit from Zep LE to GNR LE. I'm as big of a Zeppelin fan as any, the game could have been so much more. I wouldn't mind owning one, but for $10K+ after taxes and shipping, I'm giving my money to JJP on this one. FWIW, Metallica LE, Maiden LE, Aerosmith LE and AC/DC Luci will never leave my collection. Enjoy your Zeppelin, I'm sure it will be a fun game.

Dude STFU owning a lot of game does not give you the right to act the ass

#1476 11 months ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Curious. What Aerosmith songs give you that raw intensity like GNR? Aerosmith style seems more Zep, GNR is a more fun Metallica(early).

Um.. most of them in the 70s?

ask Slash since he has said his whole goal with the band was to write stuff that sounds like his favorite record which is rocks by Aerosmith

they are about as original as Axl's poison inspired hair spray hairdo when they started up.

#1477 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Stop trying to be the self appointed thread police. On top of your other non sense about really knowing about other people’s buying choices.

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa (resized).png
#1478 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I read the fox article and stern press release and one thing struck me as odd. Does this pic cause you to think anything?
[quoted image]

Yes it does but if I said what I think of your opinion I would be moderated

#1479 11 months ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Um.. most of them in the 70s?
ask Slash since he has said his whole goal with the band was to write stuff that sounds like his favorite record which is rocks by Aerosmith
they are about as original as Axl's poison inspired hair spray hairdo when they started up.

No. Not calling out Aerosmith- they have stuck around for a reason, and inspired many bands. But there is a reason GnR has been used in stadiums since AFD. It pumps people up. Raw. Aerosmith with Walk this Way or Back in Saddle is close, but no. Zep has RocknRoll, Immigrant song... I’m not a fan of GnR due to overplay, but I’ll give them props. The Black Crowes now, yeah- totally stole Aerosmith..

#1480 11 months ago

missed opportunity

zepbk (resized).png
#1481 11 months ago

Initially I thought the blimp would lock the balls such as in DI.

Funny every pin that comes out if not buying it people feel the need to tear it down. Nobody is excited to like or buy every new pin and I’ve learned that some pins I don’t love that other person loves. Meaning my opinion is not the end and be all.

Likely every pin that comes out I have an itch and maybe will buy one out of ten. Doesn’t mean the other nine are bad just didn’t grab me. Also many times I’ll get a pin well past the release date and find a lot of the initial hysteria both good and bad is overstated.

I’m glad LZ finally got a pin and hopefully it’s fun to play.

Example, l love SW and super glad Stern made it, Steve, Dwight etc. some people don’t like SW but I bought it over any pin of the last few years.

#1482 11 months ago

Listening to the Tim Sexton Pinball Profile with the majestic Jeff Teolis LOL ...hmmm...the ruleset sounds pretty cool...

https://www.pinballprofile.com/episode-293-timmy-page-sexton/?fbclid=IwAR3KPCDdPLyx55hI7RZ7xWQ08e9uB14b8FleKtKPCIQKzD4BcQVhsSXcl5Y

Let's wait to see how this baby shoots! ... (including - on the pro - that little rectal target from the 3rd flip). I'm doubting that 3rd flip can hit the ramp but who knows?

So I'm not subscribing to "premature evacuation" from this potentially most excellent pin!

Can hardly wait for the Friday stream!

#1483 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Listening to the Tim Sexton Pinball Profile with the majestic Jeff Teolis LOL ...hmmm...the ruleset sounds pretty cool...
https://www.pinballprofile.com/episode-293-timmy-page-sexton/?fbclid=IwAR3KPCDdPLyx55hI7RZ7xWQ08e9uB14b8FleKtKPCIQKzD4BcQVhsSXcl5Y
Let's wait to see how this baby shoots! ... (including - on the pro - that little rectal target from the 3rd flip). I'm doubting that 3rd flip can hit the ramp but who knows?
So I'm not subscribing to "premature evacuation" from this potentially most excellent pin!
Can hardly wait for the Friday stream!

I bet the flipper can hit the ramp my R&M even made it, SM can do. It’s just not a natural shot meaning not likely but it can happen.

I don’t know about LZ but if they’re saying it can be hit than I think it’ll be more likely than just a fluke shot like on R&M.

#1484 11 months ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Aerosmith with Walk this Way or Back in Saddle is close, but no. .

Exactly .. listen to back in the saddle live in the 70s and then GNR (pre cheezy piano ballads) back to back

They sound like a cover band.

#1485 11 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Your right don't like it for these reasons either! I have a new level of what i am looking for after seeing GnR and wont support companies that cheap out and do not hit the mark. Looking forward to see what they do with Cactus Canyon and Toy Story!

You’re never going to see a GNR type game ever again. So much had to go right to pull that off.

I love toy story, but I bet that’s going to be like pirates and nothing like GNR in terms of theme integration.

#1486 11 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hate to say it and didnt expect to change my order but just canceled LZ pro and ordered a Avengers Premium! LZ pro just doesnt click for me for many reasons. The games all look bad but the Pro missing that right flipper ramp was the nail in the coffin. I love the songs on LZ so maybe down the road ill grab a LZ premium once i get to play one.

When I can I’ll be adding a little Zep to AIQ, Thor multiball needs a little immigrant song boost

#1487 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re never going to see a GNR type game ever again. So much had to go right to pull that off.
I love toy story, but I bet that’s going to be like pirates and nothing like GNR in terms of theme integration.

If it's anything like pirates I will be happy! I mean not worried about the movie itself, but the pirates theme was certainly well integrated, and just look at that playfield.... put it beside LZ for comparison

#1488 11 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

If it's anything like pirates I will be happy! I mean not worried about the movie itself, but the pirates theme was certainly well integrated, and just look at that playfield.... put it beside LZ for comparison

Purely talking theme integration. I like a lot of the characters of pirates and there are so many awesome action scenes. Literally none of them are used in pirates. It’s a pirate game, not a POTC game.

I think that’s Disney as well as Toy Story. So if pirates was hard to get stuff for, I expect the same for toy story. I hope I’m wrong. I really want it. But in order for me to pay 7,000-9500 for a game, it needs to be perfect for me.

#1489 11 months ago

Could this be the new ultimate topper?

F455E337-1447-453C-B4E2-60EBF3124D3B (resized).png
#1490 11 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

OMG IT'S FREEFALL 2.0!
I love it

I thought the same thing. I prefer Freefall 1.0

#1491 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Purely talking theme integration. I like a lot of the characters of pirates and there are so many awesome action scenes. Literally none of them are used in pirates. It’s a pirate game, not a POTC game.
I think that’s Disney as well as Toy Story. So if pirates was hard to get stuff for, I expect the same for toy story. I hope I’m wrong. I really want it. But in order for me to pay 7,000-9500 for a game, it needs to be perfect for me.

I agree, it will be far more important to get assets in Toy Story than Pirates and I am now in the same boat for spending, has to be a perfect game to take up one of my last 5 spots! Canceled my LZ LE .....not even close for me!

#1492 11 months ago

Toys and toppers courtesy of hot wheels.

61E479B8-DE18-4AB0-96AE-A6F08ADDDFB5 (resized).jpegC6BC8117-87AB-4BF5-83FB-6F02987E89CE (resized).jpeg
#1493 11 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I agree, it will be far more important to get assets in Toy Story than Pirates and I am now in the same boat for spending, has to be a perfect game to take up one of my last 5 spots! Canceled my LZ LE .....not even close for me!

I’m down to my last 2 spots. Ones reserved for JJP and one for stern. Just need to figure out which ones!

#1494 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m down to my last 2 spots. Ones reserved for JJP and one for stern. Just need to figure out which ones!

Still have my eye on Cactus depending on two things, code and saloon doors. The second not as important as the first but would still make the game more challenging.

#1495 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never again might be a bit much, but yeah, it reminds me of Star Trek TNG. What are the chances that we'll ever see another game like that, where so much of the cast came in to record original voice lines? (Actually, now that I'm writing this I guess sorta TSPP, just not as many people needed.) We're lucky these days to get phoned in lines from a single actor.

But you're right, it's special when everything lines up that way. I really don't like people calling Stern lazy or seeing the personal bashing of the people involved. Just not fair or cool to me to see it.

But the difference between a product where everyone on all sides comes together to really care as opposed to just collecting the license check and sending the asset pack is huge. Stern could avoid a lot of bellyaching, and sell more games, if they just picked licenses where the people involved gave a crap about pinball. Slash cared, JJP cared, it showed. I'm sure Ritchie cared, but clearly LZ's management company gave zero f***s about this game.

I personally want to see Stern and every company succeed. They might hate to admit it, but I do think they get the message when people speak up and get mad over stuff. You gotta hold the line though, you can't just buy every 'dream theme' because it got the logo on the box. Reward the packages that really sing, and you'll probably get more of them.

#1496 11 months ago

Surprised with all the hate for the LE. That screams LZ to me and it's an iconic image. Guess you cannot make everyone happy. I've played both GnR Standard and LE and didn't find either one that great. Yes they look awesome and have great theme integration but that will only get you so far. Fat Axl looks horrible on the display but maybe that gets some of you off.

Ritchie games typically shoot awesome so I'll reserve judgment on LZ until I get to play it. I stopped buying NIB years ago but if I was in on a LE I would be excited and think the blue trim looks nice and compliments the cab art well. For those who had LZ as a grail theme it could be a lot worse and they could have given you something like TF which was my grail and very disappointing on many levels.

#1497 11 months ago

This image almost made me choke on my morning caffiene. Thanks!

zep (resized).jpg
#1498 11 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Never again might be a bit much, but yeah, it reminds me of Star Trek TNG. What are the chances that we'll ever see another game like that, where so much of the cast came in to record original voice lines? (Actually, now that I'm writing this I guess sorta TSPP, just not as many people needed.) We're lucky these days to get phoned in lines from a single actor.
But you're right, it's special when everything lines up that way. I really don't like people calling Stern lazy or seeing the personal bashing of the people involved. Just not fair or cool to me to see it.
But the difference between a product where everyone on all sides comes together to really care as opposed to just collecting the license check and sending the asset pack is huge. Stern could avoid a lot of bellyaching, and sell more games, if they just picked licenses where the people involved gave a crap about pinball. Slash cared, JJP cared, it showed. I'm sure Ritchie cared, but clearly LZ's management company gave zero f***s about this game.
I personally want to see Stern and every company succeed. They might hate to admit it, but I do think they get the message when people speak up and get mad over stuff. You gotta hold the line though, you can't just buy every 'dream theme' because it got the logo on the box. Reward the packages that really sing, and you'll probably get more of them.

Totally agree. It could happen again, but doubtful. Even demo man having Stallone yell out "replay" or "oh no" when you miss a ramp is epic. Arnie in T2. Patrick Stewart whispering "good luck" is probably my favourite.

Actor's guilds, unions and competiton have made it so stars don't have to do the promo shit they used to have to do. You have to have guys like Slash or the Rick and Morty guy that actually want to do it. These gems is rare... These gems is rare....

#1499 11 months ago
Quoted from chooch:

Surprised with all the hate for the LE. That screams LZ to me and it's an iconic image. Guess you cannot make everyone happy. I've played both GnR Standard and LE and didn't find either one that great. Yes they look awesome and have great theme integration but that will only get you so far. Fat Axl looks horrible on the display but maybe that gets some of you off.
Ritchie games typically shoot awesome so I'll reserve judgment on LZ until I get to play it. I stopped buying NIB years ago but if I was in on a LE I would be excited and think the blue trim looks nice and compliments the cab art well. For those who had LZ as a grail theme it could be a lot worse and they could have given you something like TF which was my grail and very disappointing on many levels.

It’s purely the powder coat choice for me. Easy to fix though.

#1500 11 months ago

I always find that pins look better in person than they do in the promo photos. I can’t count the number of art packages I’ve been bummed about until I see them irl. I understand where people are coming from with the powder coat but I bet it looks awesome in person.

There are 3,349 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 67.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside