E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 68.
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

To all the naysayers...
[quoted image]

Sweet 2 of 3.

#1402 3 years ago

If gameplay is good, I might need to get a Premium and pop in an alternate translite. I'm torn.
04994a42199391.57c49d7abdf21 (resized).jpg04994a42199391.57c49d7abdf21 (resized).jpg

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah chuckwurt the more I think about it the more impossible it is to change the songs. The songs are divided up in sections and the rules for the song mode change based on the part of the song.

Yeah. Probably right. Like I said, the song list is strong. Not a single one I would swap out. Just wish we could add more.

#1404 3 years ago

I just can’t believe how stripped down the game is vs AC/DC.

#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

No real Stern/LZ buyer is cancelling their order. It’s just the childish school kids coming in here and trying to bash, the very good work of SR, Tim and Stern. You’re right in calling it BS. It gets old real fast.

I did... I don't need a disco fever Led Zeppelin pinball

#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Most people think they are funny.
Most people are not funny.

Only in their own twisted minds.

#1407 3 years ago

I'm still in for the premium. I like the side art but the backglass is redundant so I might change that. Art is not a real biggie for me anyway but game play matters. Let's give it a chance.

#1408 3 years ago

No wow factor initially. So I'll be in a wait & see pattern. Like most been waiting eons for this pin. Pretty sure it would be my 1st NIB. But not so. Zeppelin was & still is my band. I just hate that they are still very stingy with licensing & such. Rock on. And I guess flip on.

#1409 3 years ago

Wow does this feel like Deja Vu or what? Rinse and repeat Pinside

Reminds me of other Steve Ritchie reveals-especially Star Wars(the outrage was comical)

Are you disappointed with the choice of art and colors-cool I get it

Are you disappointed in the lack of toys-cool I get it

Are you disappointed in the layout and gameplay? How could you be if you have not flipped it yet?

May want to reserve true judgment until you have an opportunity to play it in person. Steve Ritchie games are not for everyone but for those who can see the light-they are magical. Try and keep an open mind(especially until you get a chance to play it)

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm still in for the premium. I like the side art but the backglass is redundant so I might change that. Art is not a real biggie for me anyway but game play matters. Let's give it a chance.

Despite being redundant, I actually like the Premium translite - probably most of all 3.

Biggest issue is it’s going to reflect really badly on the pf glass with all that backlit white. Even PDI won’t help that much.

Maybe a negative version of the translite would look cool?

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's under his direction. You can "blame the licensor", but you can still have an eye for detail & guide your artists to do something nice within licensor guidelines.
I once heard a story about Ritchie telling Borg he was nuts for using Dirty Donny for Metallica...no one would want that type of art on a MANLY METAL game....and that's why they did the Photoshop "Roadcase" Premium. Met paved the way for a new and exciting pinball art era for Stern...not sure why Steve never got on board.

Ritchie is a bit of a cave man.

#1412 3 years ago

Damn, the game even received an article on FoxNews.com (no politics please) - that's some pretty serious exposure to non-pinheads. https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/led-zeppelin-pinball-machines

#1413 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

If gameplay is good, I might need to get a Premium and pop in an alternate translite. I'm torn.

Look I am not trying to pump this game at all but here are my thoughts... I think the Premium art is bad-although true to the album-it is not appealing. The Pro really pops and will be a great bang for your buck-really can't see going wrong(you could sell easily if it is not your cup of tea) also feel Pro will do well for OP's on location. Now the LE has the best art imo and the center raising spinner mech and thru ramp should really take game play to the next level and make it worth it(especially for long term enjoyment). The backglass is stunning, Invisiglass, etc. It really should be a great looking machine in person. I also think the color changing RGB on sides are going to impress people(especially your guest that see it) and take the modes to another level.
Here is what I learned from Star Trek LE release-it was not for everyone and people cancelled their spot. More supply became available to others who wanted one. It was only a few day window, but it allowed pinsiders who wanted one and missed out on announcement to get one. The LZ LE is sold out but after reveals people bail out-this is opportunity for those who are on the fence. You may find one in the next couple days if you want one. Remember only 500 and not sure if half of those are going overseas? This truly is a limited machine for those that want one-I want Pinsiders to get first dibs

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I find it funny people are backing out of Zeppelin LE models they had secured. I’m calling BS. Anyone who had and also can afford to grab an LE would do it. Worst case if the game or artwork was horrifying to you. At the very least you could play the shit out of the game until next summer maybe longer. And still get what you paid for it nib. Everyone bashing Stern and Steve Ritchie. I honestly can say they don’t give a rats ass about what you think or how disappointed you are in the release. End of the day. They are smiling. I mean really smiling!!

I know your wrong about Steve Ritchie!The first time I had a chance to converse with Steve was at the Texas Pinball Festival the year AC/DC came out.I said hello and he ask me What’s your honest opinion of my new game?I believed he really does care if people like his games or not.I know as a finish carpenter and contractor the money is second after the quality of my work.

#1415 3 years ago

I just ordered Pinnovator's sub kit-you really must have a powered sub for LZ.

#1416 3 years ago

Who will be the first to come up with a "LionMan " holding a tadpole in a jar topper?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1417 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

After "Kid Multiball" was unleashed on the world, nothing that ever comes out now will claim the title for the worst.

Disagree. “Zeppelin” multiball is kinda dumb. What is it? Shoot the Zeppelin ramp? O boy.

#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Disagree. “Zeppelin” multiball is kinda dumb. What is it? Shoot the Zeppelin ramp? O boy.

You could, oh I don't know, wait to play it or at least see it streamed to see if the rules aren't actually really great and enough to forgive the name?? Nah, let's not do that.

#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Imagine a band, so talented -- that they don't have to rely on visual gimmicks to be loved.
-mof

I mean, that's true, but we ARE talking about a pinball machine here. No visuals is a valid complaint. If you dont have all the components with a theme, then why make a pinball machine?

#1420 3 years ago

Super cheap build for the pro model. No mechanisms at all. Tie fighter on a spring has lead to Icarus on a stick. Man this is embarrassing.

#1421 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Zeppelin for the win! GnR sucks
Like LZ beats GnR because of the side rails .Yeah right

You could not resist could you

#1422 3 years ago

It’s too bad regarding the songs since they are represented on the back wall and likely in the display so while it’s possible to swap in some other songs they won’t coordinate with the art/display.

#1423 3 years ago

Shipping dates on pros 12/28 and premiums 2/5 per Led Zeppelin official merch page.

#1424 3 years ago

I have an LE on on order but here is why I may not go through with it.

1) song list is very disappointing to me both in selection and numbers. I would scratch black dog, rock and roll, trampled underfoot and at least one more. Where is Dazed and confused, how many more times, heartbreaker, and nobody’s fault but mine? Again this is personal but I have been hard into zeppelin for 40 yrs and the overplay factor is massive in some of these track selections before we even get the game.

The “B” reason for tempering my excitement is the stripped down feeling. The zeppelin itself is huge and it does not even have any LZ markings, wtf? The Ics on the stick appears to be a .50 carnival toy that I really hope I am wrong about. Where is Bonzo’s gong, Page’s 12 string, or the Starship?

I actually really like the cab art on LE more and more as I see it. The premium is okay but very redundant and I do not think a translite swap out will be so simple considering the side panel of the head and how they coordinate.

Concerned about the concert footage as I am not sure how it will sync up to the music, my feeling is that it won’t and that would look very “Godzillaesc”. I’ve seen zeppelin video packages in the past where this has been passed off, specifically Traveling riverside blues and it was painful to watch.

Reasons to stay - I love zeppelin (next) to Rush this is a grail pinball. The lighting looks great and I would imagine the flow will be awesome. It will come down to the gameplay but I just don’t see 10k in this machine. Could possibly drop to a premium but as of now even that feels dicey.

Just my opinion and I really hope something spectacular changes my mind. Waited a long time for this and overall I’m disappointed currently. I still have mine reserved at this time however.

Say what you want, I am sure Sterns hands were tied on this license and that is probably the biggest issue. Waiting on gameplay.

Led Zeppelin should have wanted a better representation for themselves IMO. This could have been the ultimate gift to rock and roll and instead it appears to be a overplayed, stripped down money grab. I hope I am wrong.

#1425 3 years ago

This game looks like shit. I love Steve Ritchie, he's my favorite designer ever, but he straight up mailed it in; it's a reskin of Star Wars, which was a reskin of AC/DC...WTF Stern

#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

it's a reskin of Star Wars, which was a reskin of AC/DC...WTF Stern

What?

#1427 3 years ago

Still can’t get over the fucking standup shot from third flipper. Stern is begging you not to buy the pro. What a joke

#1428 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Still can’t get over the fucking standup shot from third flipper. Stern is begging you not to buy the pro. What a joke

What's the difference with the shot from the premium? On the pro, the ball will trickle out to the right flipper, might require some skill with a nudge. On the premium, it travels via rail to right flipper. Pro sounds more fun. Anyways, looks like a tight shot that may not be a high percentage shot regardless. Looking forward to the streams.

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

This game looks like shit. I love Steve Ritchie, he's my favorite designer ever, but he straight up mailed it in; it's a reskin of Star Wars, which was a reskin of AC/DC...WTF Stern

I think you mailed in this comment.

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

4Ramp shots, Magnet/Spinner/Ball lock, Sculpted toys, Brand New Technology of Expression Lighting to synch with game modes - Yeah total shit

#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I was going to say pro looked great until I saw that missing ramp.

#1432 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I do think that shot is a total buzzkill for the 3rd flipper. There's not much else it does (the video does say the center ramp can be hit from ALL flippers, but the ramp geometry and placement doesn't make it look possible, unlike AIQ where it does).

The standup shoud've been removed and a looping orbit should've been in it's place. I be willing to bet a very creative modder makes a ramp for this area and just reuses the standup switch's contacts.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1433 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

They try to make these games have some appeal to casual players also. Almost every game has some multi ball that is easy and intuitive to start: Shoot Sparky a few times to start multi ball on Metallica, You can keep shooting the right ramp on ACDC to start Jam, Keep hitting Frank to start multi ball on Monster Bash. Hit the Katana ramp 3x on DP to start mutliball. This could go on and on. The true strategy usually comes in what modes or multipliers you start first to bring into the multi ball. From Tim's excellent interview on Pinball Profile it sounds like this game will have some really interesting rules.

#1434 3 years ago

Not trying to be snarky but are there true Zeppelin fans that hate everything or is it those guys rocking out to Dave Matthews Band and Mumford and Sons that really have not listened to Zeppelin in over a decade?

I feel like "Hey Bro-do you even play pinball?" now needs to be "Hey Bro-do you even listen to Led Zeppelin?"

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Same here. I don't mind dead end shots like that. Plenty of games have it like TAF. Problem is it looks like that is the only shot you really have with upper flipper besides hitting targets. Maybe you can hit the center ramp. Regardless, there is upper loop which sucks. Still a plus having an upper flipper, though. Overall, game looks like a fun layout.

#1436 3 years ago

The way I see it, a designer gets around 3-4 coils over bog standard for the Pro, to use for a drop bank, extra flipper, up post, saucer, etc. The rest of the job comes down to how creatively you lay things out and how you use pure mechanical toys. One reason I really appreciate Deadpool is how many fairly unique ball paths it has. (I'd also love to see a Stern designer use a single pop a la R&M or TNA and get 2 coils back to use elsewhere). With Zep, it looks like those coils are used in a pretty pedestrian way, and the ic on a stick isn't that exciting a pure mechanical mech, and the ball paths look really familiar...

#1437 3 years ago

I read the fox article and stern press release and one thing struck me as odd. Does this pic cause you to think anything?

313A5436-8C93-4B1E-BFC8-05677043CB60 (resized).jpeg313A5436-8C93-4B1E-BFC8-05677043CB60 (resized).jpeg
#1438 3 years ago

tenor (1).giftenor (1).gif

#1439 3 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

The “B” reason for tempering my excitement is the stripped down feeling. The zeppelin itself is huge and it does not even have any LZ markings, wtf? The Ics on the stick appears to be a .50 carnival toy that I really hope I am wrong about. Where is Bonzo’s gong, Page’s 12 string, or the Starship?

Great points. It is kind of disheartening to see such a generically integrated theme with none of the hallmarks (besides a bunch of actual Zeppelins's and Icarus's) that would make it scream Led Zeppelin. Oh well, we'll see where this goes with the code/animations. Seems like they are throwing more money towards that these days than anything else.

#1440 3 years ago

So the point is to travel back 45 years and attend some legendary concerts and which were scarcely captured by videos? Really? Half the world population wasn’t even born when the concerts took place. In the remaining population, maybe .00001% of them actually saw LZ in concert. Now I’m not saying it won’t be fun to play, only the primary script was flawed from the beginning.

Funny to read, does your imagination run wild, thinking about what a high energy rock and roll concert experience from 45 years ago was like?

I don’t care. That experience is no longer relevant. Time to put on headphones and listen to my daily dose of Zeppelin.

#1441 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Despite being redundant, I actually like the Premium translite - probably most of all 3.

Biggest issue is it’s going to reflect really badly on the pf glass with all that backlit white. Even PDI won’t help that much.

Maybe a negative version of the translite would look cool?

No worries here - there's a menu setting that allows you to dim the backbox lighting during game play, and have it as bright as you want during attract mode. On my Stranger Things I have it down to around 10% during play, and it's perfect...

#1442 3 years ago

My .02

- It looks to me like Richie's best layout since Star Trek. 4 ramps, 7 main ball paths...8 if you count the mech that raises up. All the shots look fairly wide...so it should be a combo monster, and of course flow well.

It's kind of the Elwin approach, but with wider shots....lots of ramps, 3rd flipper, light on mechanical features, etc...

- The art's not good. I like the premium best. Glad it's got art blades and the lights on the side.

- Wish it had more songs

- A few more mechanical features would have been nice

Overall, it should be a fun game, and likely my favorite of Richie's since ST.

#1443 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Dammit !
I knew there was another one , I just couldn't think of it

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just cancelled my GnR order and ordered a LZ.
Kidding! I can't stand GnR's music, so even though it seems like a fun pin, that's out...

I dont mind GNR music.. I just liked it better when Aerosmith did it in the 70s.

#1445 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I do think that shot is a total buzzkill for the 3rd flipper. There's not much else it does (the video does say the center ramp can be hit from ALL flippers, but the ramp geometry and placement doesn't make it look possible, unlike AIQ where it does).
The standup shoud've been removed and a looping orbit should've been in it's place. I be willing to bet a very creative modder makes a ramp for this area and just reuses the standup switch's contacts.

Don't forget sweepable drop targets. if you've ever owned a classic stern or rollergames you'll learn to love sweepabale drops.

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s my only beef with the Pro offering.

#1447 3 years ago

Playfield art still looks great to me but Icaruss on a stick is just I don’t know. No Jimmy’s 6 string guitar, or even Bonzo’s gong cymbal? They should have put that in so you could hit it like on AC/DC’s Hells bell. Could have been a stationary target to activate it and not even move or even copy it from AC/DC and have it swing.

#1448 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

My .02
- It looks to me like Richie's best layout since Star Trek. 4 ramps, 7 main ball paths...8 if you count the mech that raises up. All the shots look fairly wide...so it should be a combo monster, and of course flow well.
It's kind of the Elwin approach, but with wider shots....lots of ramps, 3rd flipper, light on mechanical features, etc...
- The art's not good. I like the premium best. Glad it's got art blades and the lights on the side.
- Wish it had more songs
- A few more mechanical features would have been nice
Overall, it should be a fun game, and likely my favorite of Richie's since ST.

Kinda where I am coming from with this one: ST is super fun, but the theme does nothing for me. If I can have a similar shot experience (although 3rd flipper shots do look pretty tight) while jamming to Zeppelin instead of phaser sounds and clips from a movie I don't terribly care for? Yeah, count me in.

#1449 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

]
Reminds me of other Steve Ritchie reveals-especially Star Wars(the outrage was comical)

And SW still gets allot of shit even though for allot of people its the best game Stern has done last few years.

Its a fast hard to learn game so if you suck its probably not your favorite but for decent players Star Wars is pretty awesome.

I would assume more of the same here, will be a great playing game that people will not give a chance and pile on over crap like "empty playfield etc, etc"

There is a huge divide in pinball between the people who barely play and only care about looks and bling VS players that could care less as long it plays great.

#1450 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

There is a huge divide in pinball between the people who barely play and only care about looks and bling VS players that could care less as long it plays great.

Sounds like Stern vs JJP, playable games vs lights.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, KS
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/29?hl=endodoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.