E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 68.
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Imagine a band, so talented -- that they don't have to rely on visual gimmicks to be loved.
-mof

Imagine a band, so talented - a tone-deaf designer can use their catalog to make a pinball machine. Sure the music is great, but what happened to the pinball machine?

#1352 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don’t think it’s that easy. Tim mentioned you pick the song before you plunge, so it must also be represented on the LCD.

Might be tough because of the light show as well, Tim claims it’s synced down to the drums solos and riffs. Swap a song might screw it up.

#1353 3 years ago

Do a Beastie Boys pin. I’d buy an LE for that

#1354 3 years ago

Yeah chuckwurt the more I think about it the more impossible it is to change the songs. The songs are divided up in sections and the rules for the song mode change based on the part of the song.

#1355 3 years ago
436930FC-1C20-4819-8233-B78DAFA0AE45 (resized).png436930FC-1C20-4819-8233-B78DAFA0AE45 (resized).png
#1356 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The Blue one looks better than any of those. Not sure why people don’t think it works. There’s some blue on the backbox, and blue works with yellow & red.

I can say...I was not expecting what I saw for the art packages on all three models. It was a lot to take in at once. And I know I defaulted to how I don’t like certain complementary color combinations like orange and blue.

But now it’s starting to grow on me. I still don’t love it, but I wasn’t going to buy one either way.

#1357 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The Blue one looks better than any of those. Not sure why people don’t think it works. There’s some blue on the backbox, and blue works with yellow & red.

This is a record: I've agreed with Rarehero more today than ever. Thanks to TheCapn for those color mockups. I hated the blue at first, got used to it as the day went on, but this pretty much ices it as the best choice over the rest...as much of an eyesore as it initially was.

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Love how you JJP/GNR fanboys come in a Stern thread and make up this nonsense, that you’re cancelling an order that never existed to begin with, all the while promoting your love affair with JJP. Can’t we leave another companies offering out of this and let LZ fans enjoy the thread??? Sheesh, bs talk is cheap...lol.

Just cancelled my GnR order and ordered a LZ.

Kidding! I can't stand GnR's music, so even though it seems like a fun pin, that's out...

#1359 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

You forgot one group, "The Stern Suck ups"

Surely you're not referring to me....
I own Stern, JJP, DE, Gottlieb, and B/W.

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

This question has been asked dozens of times by many people over the last 10+ years:
Q: How does this "safe-version" of a "pop pen" add fun to the game?
A: (rollover lanes?) is often a half-answer, but I don't see any rollover lanes on this one.
SR, why are you holding up my ball with pops with no risk for a drain?
Stern, why do you keep putting "safety-first" walled-off pop pens in games?
-mof

The only thing I can think of is ball-stalling during multiball?

#1361 3 years ago

I grew up listening to Zepplin among many others and like their music but it just doesn’t resonate to pinball for me. The LE looks horrible with that blue trim, black would be much better IMO. The art is subjective but it’s definitely LZ. Can’t wait to try it on location!

#1362 3 years ago

The top 2 pinball manufacturers for the first time ever released music pins at about the same time.

I think it’s very fair to compare them.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Love how you JJP/GNR fanboys come in a Stern thread and make up this nonsense, that you’re cancelling an order that never existed to begin with, all the while promoting your love affair with JJP.

#1363 3 years ago

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Love how you JJP/GNR fanboys come in a Stern thread and make up this nonsense, that you’re cancelling an order that never existed to begin with, all the while promoting your love affair with JJP. Can’t we leave another companies offering out of this and let LZ fans enjoy the thread??? Sheesh, bs talk is cheap...lol.

Dude...STFU. I own a mix of Stern and JJP games and the distributor agreed to switch my deposit from Zep LE to GNR LE. I'm as big of a Zeppelin fan as any, the game could have been so much more. I wouldn't mind owning one, but for $10K+ after taxes and shipping, I'm giving my money to JJP on this one. FWIW, Metallica LE, Maiden LE, Aerosmith LE and AC/DC Luci will never leave my collection. Enjoy your Zeppelin, I'm sure it will be a fun game.

#1365 3 years ago

I find it funny people are backing out of Zeppelin LE models they had secured. I’m calling BS. Anyone who had and also can afford to grab an LE would do it. Worst case if the game or artwork was horrifying to you. At the very least you could play the shit out of the game until next summer maybe longer. And still get what you paid for it nib. Everyone bashing Stern and Steve Ritchie. I honestly can say they don’t give a rats ass about what you think or how disappointed you are in the release. End of the day. They are smiling. I mean really smiling!!

#1366 3 years ago

wow - so many opinions on a game no one has played yet. Personally i like what i saw enough to order an LE. Hearing Tim's description of the rules on Pinball profile only increased my interest in it. Looking forward to seeing it streamed and even more to unboxing it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1367 3 years ago

Loving the idea of different mode shots during different parts of the songs

#1368 3 years ago

#1369 3 years ago

#1370 3 years ago

This thread is like:
RAMBLE ON!

#1371 3 years ago

I'm sure there are those that have cancelled, just based on the artwork. Some folks just like to look at their games. Some like to play them!

#1372 3 years ago

#1373 3 years ago

Fwiw, I think the LE looks amazing.

#1374 3 years ago

How about some Kaley Cuoco to calm everyone down !

[Image removed]

#1375 3 years ago

Good job Kaley !

#1376 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

...talk is really cheap and easy. Go express yourself in the GNR fan threads, not here, we don’t want to hear your bs.

Your talk is cheap also so what’s your point? It’s a pinball forum and all talk is cheap and just full of opinions. Yours is no better than anyone others. People need to vent let them. And people need to praise them so let them. If he wants to say express he prefers GnR over Zeppelin he has every right to.

Visually I prefer GnR LE much more than any of the LZ pins and I am a huge Zeppelin fan. Premium is one I will possibly eventually go with if I do purchase one, but it won’t be NIB. If both GnR and LZ played both well I would have to go with GnR LE. I feel it offers more bang for your buck and the art package is pretty damn good.

I do prefer the LZ playfield art of GnR, but GnR playfield offers so much more but yes at a higher price though. It does though give you that concert feel and look from what I can tell from videos anyway.

Will wait for gameplay reveal for LZ before I make up my mind fully on the overall package and hopefully get to play one in the wild. I do love BKSOR and I am still keeping an open mind, but the art package is a let down and the BG for pro and premium is just not doing it for me.

Just my opinion.

#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Your talk is cheap also so what’s your point? It’s a pinball forum and all talk is cheap and just full of opinions. Yours is no better than anyone others. People need to vent let them. And people need to praise them so let them. If he wants to say express he prefers GnR over Zeppelin he has every right to.
Visually I prefer GnR LE much more than any of the LZ pins and I am a huge Zeppelin fan. Premium is one I will possibly eventually go with if I do purchase one, but it won’t be NIB. If both GnR and LZ played both well I would have to go with GnR LE. I feel it offers more bang for your buck and the art package is pretty damn good.
I do prefer the LZ playfield art of GnR, but GnR playfield offers so much more but yes at a higher price though. It does though give you that concert feel and look from what I can tell from videos anyway.
Will wait for gameplay reveal for LZ before I make up my mind fully on the overall package and hopefully get to play one in the wild. I do love BKSOR and I am still keeping an open mind, but the art package is a let down and the BG for pro and premium is just not doing it for me.
Just my opinion.

Discuss it in the GNR vs LZ threads. I’m keeping my comments strictly to LZ...which is what this thread is about...only.

#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Just changed my Zep LE order to GNR LE. I wanted to love this game, but I can't justify the cost for what the game could have been. Look forward to playing it on location and hope the code, video and gameplay make up for the uninspiring artwork. Metallica, Iron Maiden and AC/DC were home runs for Stern, but this looks more like Rolling Stones or Elvis to me. JJP gets my money on this one.

Good call.

#1379 3 years ago

I don't see any theme integration at all yet on the playfield. Maybe it's all in the code...we shall see soon enough. I'm indifferent about the artwork...all 3 are good enough for me if the game were to shoot well and feel unique. Now I'm on the fence to jump on a Pro or not like I originally was last week. Bit of a buzz killer...looking forward to seeing the gameplay streams.

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Go to the GNR vs. LZ compare thread then. Nope, not fair to do that here in an exclusive thread about LZ (Reread the title for clarity...GNR is not mentioned anywhere, except by GNR fanboys coming in this thread trying to dump on LZ).

You are wrong go back and look at people being quick to comment about superior lighting over Guns N' Roses ...I am ordering a Led Zeppelin unsure on model but I would bet the blue looks great in person just not in photos where you can't see the gloss. I have 1 problem the lighting is a direct ripoff and a poor one the lights come straight out not on the playfield not at you so I bet you don't notice them as you would hotrails or pinstadiums.I couldn't even tell til they had them til I seen the holes and wondered why have lighting come straight out.This is a cool pin in my book but the art is a miss with my taste but hey I still want it.Jjp only has a couple of pins so I will enjoy them all.Everyone was hard on Houdini and I still think it's a perfect game so people can vary in taste.No need in getting tribal.

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Taking the ten tracks that we know of based on the their album time, it only equals just under 46 minutes. Is there another song hidden in the wizard mode?

Hey, Hey, What Can I Do would be a great Easter egg

#1382 3 years ago

Guaranteed highest selling music pin!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I don't see any theme integration at all yet on the playfield. Maybe it's all in the code...we shall see soon enough. I'm indifferent about the artwork...all 3 are good enough for me if the game were to shoot well and feel unique. Now I'm on the fence to jump on a Pro or not like I originally was last week. Bit of a buzz killer...looking forward to seeing the gameplay streams.

The theme integration is that you are a young Jimmy or Robert or.. and embarking on a rock gods life. This is more guitar hero Zeppelin then an homage to the band.
Gameplay will be interesting to see what video is included. Can you say UK 71 without video of ‘71? Then has to be different for ‘77? And if the video is different, will the audio? Odds are, would have costed too much and we will see generic animations in all.

#1384 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

The theme integration is that you are a young Jimmy or Robert or.. and embarking on a rock gods life. This is more guitar hero Zeppelin then an homage to the band.
Gameplay will be interesting to see what video is included. Can you say UK 71 without video of ‘71? Then has to be different for ‘77? And if the video is different, will the audio? Odds are, would have costed too much and we will see generic animations in all.

Tim’s interview claims they have actual footage from the 4 tours utilized in the game including tour posters. Looking forward to seeing it.

#1385 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Star Trek?
Metallica?
Avengers?
Stranger Things?
Elvira?
JP?
BKSOR?
Maiden?
The only ones really of late that are brash are Deadpool and arguably Avengers. But that's two out of the last how many? I don't have the interest in keep going back to disprove this more.
Don't confuse 'bright' with controversial.
The baby blue powder here has no place on any pinball machine. Not even road show.

How old are you anyway? Going through down voting everything, lol. Grow up!

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

...talk is really cheap and easy. Go express yourself in the GNR fan threads, not here, we don’t want to hear your BS.

Well... you sure have in the GnR thread.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

I know how to get the JJP GNR experience at a discount:

Enthusiastically wave an LED flashlight in front of your face, while listening to GNR “Not in this Lifetime” tour CD.

Total cost: $19.95

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Remove the lights from this game and what do you have left? $12,5k for lights? Disappointed there is not a lot to shoot at and no interesting ball mech interaction, because there are no real motorized interactive mechs on the PF.

It is a tough game to stream and get people excited, with the lack of interesting pinball mechanics. If one likes loads of multi-balls and listening to music with tons of lights, this one is for you. Real pinball enthusiast, check before entering, lol.

Kevin at Buffalo Pinball, is doing a good job streaming this game. Grats to JJP selling out 500 CEs!

Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re so right. Reason there is nothing but multiballs is because there is not much else in the game. Programmers didn’t have much else for players to do, except go from multiball to multiball. Can see tons of people cancelling CE orders and waiting to play later on location. HUO, multiballs become monotonous big time. Problem with any band no matter how good the music, listening burnout happens and you don’t want to hear the songs for a good long while later. That’s what makes games that focus on modes and mech interaction always have us pushing the button for one more magical kinetic play.

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When I look at the LE, the blue legs look like bell bottoms to me. IMO this is not a bad look, very reminiscent of the 70’s.

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Trolls gotta troll.

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Trolling this thread??? My comments were strictly left to the subject matter of the GNR thread, not versus another companies offering. Get real (Nice you care enough to look up, lol. Thanks)!

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

How old are you anyway? Going through down voting everything, lol. Grow up!

Stop trying to be the self appointed thread police. On top of your other non sense about really knowing about other people’s buying choices.

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Trolling this thread??? My comments were strictly left to the subject matter of the GNR thread, not versus another companies offering. Get real (Nice you care enough to look up, lol. Thanks)!

You two need to establish an Australian pinball fight club and just go toe to toe.

#1392 3 years ago

#1393 3 years ago

I think the Premium art looks great

#1394 3 years ago

LE artwork was already used by Stern 40 years ago on Lectronamo:
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1429

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You two need to establish an Australian pinball fight club and just go toe to toe.

So, now you decided to take a piss at new zealand?

#1396 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:Those LED lights embedded in the cabinet look amazing. Definitely a first.

Celts beat Stern to it .

IMG_20201216_201126 (resized).jpgIMG_20201216_201126 (resized).jpg
#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Celts beat Stern to it .
[quoted image]

All beaten by Spooky years ago.

Genius idea - more should do it.

Works well, and doesn’t blind you.

rd

3466099A-FAF9-44A4-A2DE-82531F0FBB33 (resized).jpeg3466099A-FAF9-44A4-A2DE-82531F0FBB33 (resized).jpeg
#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd[quoted image]

Dammit !
I knew there was another one , I just couldn't think of it

#1399 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd[quoted image]

Looking at Led Zeppelin videos on YouTube , I came across your home brew , looks beautiful , great job .

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Looking at Led Zeppelin videos on YouTube , I came across your home brew , looks beautiful , great job .

Awesome backglass!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/28?hl=pinhigh1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.