E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 68.
#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from huo:

What does the popup mech do other than being a spinner? Is that it?

#1302 3 years ago

Pro is the way to go on this one, I think.

Looking at the layout, I can see it will play fast. Looks similar to T2, if you take away the cannon and add a 3rd flipper, plus ramp instead of skull.

Ultimately, it will be interesting to see (and hear) how the experience ties into the game play. Wish Achilles had been one of the songs though...

Looking forward to trying it out, as I do like Led Zeppelin and 70s rock music in general.

However, I have no interest in owning this. Only potential NIB purchase for me would have to be the Sabbs, if done right.

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Simple: Don’t buy it.
Revolutionary, I know....
Or, here’s an idea: make a home brew pin.

Simple: I am a customer and I can voice my displeasure with the product when I feel it's not worth it. You're making this about me. Fuck off.

#1304 3 years ago

This is why it wasn't such a bad idea to
me to have it be a quicksilver reskin .
It would definitely have a retro vibe and fit
with the artwork. Obviously at a lesser price
but there are shitloads of drops and spinners
on classic sterns and bally s and lots of shots.
I love ritchie games. I own flash ,black knight
and sw.

#1305 3 years ago

I’m interested in playing it to reserve judgement but this is really disappointing and uninspired.

#1306 3 years ago

Man I feel bad for LZ fans. Hopefully it plays way better than it looks. It's pretty bare looking. Almost like it should be a home edition

#1307 3 years ago

Just changed my Zep LE order to GNR LE. I wanted to love this game, but I can't justify the cost for what the game could have been. Look forward to playing it on location and hope the code, video and gameplay make up for the uninspiring artwork. Metallica, Iron Maiden and AC/DC were home runs for Stern, but this looks more like Rolling Stones or Elvis to me. JJP gets my money on this one.

#1308 3 years ago

Just purchased all the Led Zeppelin albums on vinyl

#1309 3 years ago

So many people are complaining about the artwork. The artwork is a sampling of the artwork during the bands career. Zeppelin was never a visual band like Kiss, Queen or Pink Floyd so what else would some one expect for a representation of the band. Any of the Led Zeppelin models is better than that bright banana yellow Avengers. What does bright yellow have to do with Avengers? The music couldn’t be any better suited for a pin. Can’t wait to play. I am sure this pin will rise above all the early bashing to become a classic like the Great band it represents.

#1310 3 years ago

The Premium package is growing on me - sure it's lazy, but still looks pretty cool.

As is often the case, the aftermarket package of Premium with the laser cut side rails, Shooter nob and topper, will look better than the LE (warning: subjective opinion).

And you could get all that for less than the price of the LE.
Screenshot 2020-12-16 134711 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-12-16 134711 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-12-16 135106 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-12-16 135106 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-12-16 135132 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-12-16 135132 (resized).jpg

#1311 3 years ago

Yeah this gAme is worse than mommA June’s taint! Just saying

#1312 3 years ago

In the Tim Sexton interview today on Pinball Profile he commented that there was over 50 minutes of music on the pin. Taking the ten tracks that we know of based on the their album time, it only equals just under 46 minutes. Is there another song hidden in the wizard mode?

#1313 3 years ago

Huge Zep fan, probably a must buy for me and premium looks like my choice. Hopefully it plays great and fast & that’s usually a Ritchie trade mark so let’s see. Really can’t complain about the songs except one and yes I’ll say which it’s Trampled under foot. Not a bad song but for Zep fans I’m sure most would agree there’s a couple of better choices. Being a drummer and huge Bonham fan a live moby dick solo would’ve been a dream for me & moby dick multiball would’ve put me over the top. Im sure if Bonham was alive he’d be the one advocating for the pinball like Slash was for GnR. He loved fast cars & bikes & I’d bet he would’ve been big on this. I’m ok with the art except for the LE but I do wish the premium had a less boring translight even though it does match.

#1314 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Magnetic ball lock

If I understood correctly, what's cool is that it can capture the ball and take it away, then when it comes back you are supposed to bash the ball and try to dislodge it. Could be a lot of fun.

#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

In the Tim Sexton interview today on Pinball Profile he commented that there was over 50 minutes of music on the pin. Taking the ten tracks that we know of based on the their album time, it only equals just under 46 minutes. Is there another song hidden in the wizard mode?

Yes, “Ain’t it a shame” by Fats Domino

#1316 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

So many people are complaining about the artwork. The artwork is a sampling of the artwork during the bands career. Zeppelin was never a visual band like Kiss, Queen or Pink Floyd so what else would some one expect for a representation of the band. Any of the Led Zeppelin models is better than that bright banana yellow Avengers. What does bright yellow have to do with Avengers? The music couldn’t be any better suited for a pin. Can’t wait to play. I am sure this pin will rise above all the early bashing to become a classic like the Great band it represents.

what else would some one expect for a representation of the band? Really? This is the best art you can think of? haha

and that yellow is actually pretty nice in person. I wouldn't point to Avengers as a good comparison. That's not going to work out very well.

Seriously though, anyone that truly thinks this is a great representation of the band needs to get their head checked. Apparently the American Medical Association is now permitting doctors to use Stern's Led Zeppelin cabinet art to determine if a patient is really mentally ill. If the patient believes the art is a great representation of the band, it's right to the loony bin!

This thread cracks me up btw.

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Could be rounding up. Or it’s just some filler music to play when a Zeppelin song isn’t actively playing.

It doesn’t make sense to hide music. It’s a selling point to have the songs.

#1318 3 years ago

Lots of speculation about license restrictions. If that is the case, and you can’t do it right, don’t do it at all.

I’m in on a GNR LE, and I’ll be the first to say the game lacks on some levels. But with a theme integration that deep, even with only okay shots, good rules (that need tweaking) lights and overall experience, I didn’t realize how important theme integration was until I played GNR.

#1319 3 years ago

One strong plus is they have the full songs in the game so you can change up the songs in PB and should work out well. Problem is the songs they picked are great. Not sure I would change any. I just want to add more.

#1320 3 years ago

LZ looks cool, I am anxious to play it! From what I have seen I would be leaning twards the premium if I was a buyer. It is a shame that Stairway to Heaven couldn’t of been worked into the game somehow.. maybe into a final wizard mode or at least into an attract style juke box feature like what AC/DC has.. IMHO SWTH is one of the greatest songs ever written!

“Your stairway lies on the whispering wind”

#1321 3 years ago

Like to see what a Pinball Refinery premium or pro edition looks like.I suspect this will be a fun shooter.

#1322 3 years ago

Where is the theme integration? Other than a blimp on a rail I don’t see it.

Compare it to AC/DC and the Cannon shot, Hell’s Bells, TNT and AC/DC drops, lower play field, Train etc

And pinball browser worked great for changing up the song play

It’s new pinball and that’s always great.

But, I’m just not seeing it.

Gonna listen to the Sexton interview and watch the stream on Friday. Maybe it will change for me then?

#1323 3 years ago

I like the integrated lighting in the cabinet. I like that they used wire forms. I'm going to get spit on for saying it but Ick on the stick just sucks.

#1324 3 years ago

To all the naysayers...

#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One strong plus is they have the full songs in the game so you can change up the songs in PB and should work out well. Problem is the songs they picked are great. Not sure I would change any. I just want to add more.

Can pinball browser be used on spike2 games? I thought that no longer was an option???

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1326 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Could be rounding up. Or it’s just some filler music to play when a Zeppelin song isn’t actively playing.
It doesn’t make sense to hide music. It’s a selling point to have the songs.

Could be, but Tim was clear that something very special occurs when you reach platinum records sold on all the songs.

#1327 3 years ago

I put this image in my latest video, but this goes to show you how much powder coating can really change the look of a game...

ZEP_COMP2 (resized).pngZEP_COMP2 (resized).png
#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Like to see what a Pinball Refinery premium or pro edition looks like.I suspect this will be a fun shooter.

If anyone can make this game a hit, it's Steve. As long as the game play is there, he will knock it out of the park.

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Just changed my Zep LE order to GNR LE. I wanted to love this game, but I can't justify the cost for what the game could have been. Look forward to playing it on location and hope the code, video and gameplay make up for the uninspiring artwork. Metallica, Iron Maiden and AC/DC were home runs for Stern, but this looks more like Rolling Stones or Elvis to me. JJP gets my money on this one.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1330 3 years ago

Correct

Quoted from titanpenguin:

If anyone can make this game a hit, it's Steve. As long as the game play is there, he will knock it out of the park.

#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The Premium package is growing on me - sure it's lazy, but still looks pretty cool.
As is often the case, the aftermarket package of Premium with the laser cut side rails, Shooter nob and topper, will look better than the LE (warning: subjective opinion).
And you could get all that for less than the price of the LE.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree n that looks pretty badass with those 3 add ons .That’s the one for me just like that !

#1332 3 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Really can’t complain about the songs except one and yes I’ll say which it’s Trampled under foot. Not a bad song but for Zep fans I’m sure most would agree there’s a couple of better choices.

Pure sacrilege!

It's one of their best.

#1333 3 years ago

Boys, this game is ripe for mods. Im already picturing the Red Baron's tri-plane hovering above the right wireform paying homage to zep 2, mothership decals for the zeppelin, bonzos drum kit pop bumper caps ala gnr. Cant wait to see the aftermarket.

#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Boys, this game is ripe for mods. Im already picturing the Red Baron's tri-plane hovering above the right wireform paying homage to zep 2, mothership decals for the zeppelin, bonzos drum kit pop bumper caps ala gnr. Cant wait to see the aftermarket.

Only 1 left! Go get em!

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 10.37.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-15 at 10.37.41 PM (resized).png
#1335 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I put this image in my latest video, but this goes to show you how much powder coating can really change the look of a game...
[quoted image]

The Blue one looks better than any of those. Not sure why people don’t think it works. There’s some blue on the backbox, and blue works with yellow & red.

#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

To all the naysayers...
[quoted image]

You forgot one group, "The Stern Suck ups"

#1337 3 years ago

(judging only from the 2 minute Premium teaser)
I'm not going to comment on the artwork, it's all been said for me by others, and art comments are mostly subjective.
(If I thought this was off-the-charts awesome like Dirty-Donny's hand-drawn Metallica playfield, then I'd say so.)

I look forward to watching a half hour of actual game play to see how the ball behaves, and how long the ball times are. I don't have any concerns at this time about how it will shoot. SR knows angles. I like spinners, drops, horseshoes, and middle ramps that can be hit by both flippers. It has some of these.

I do have one question that I have to ask about "most" modern game designs: (bear in mind, I'm not a code guy, I'm much more of a ball-travel guy)

This question has been asked dozens of times by many people over the last 10+ years:

Q: How does this "safe-version" of a "pop pen" add fun to the game?
A: (rollover lanes?) is often a half-answer, but I don't see any rollover lanes on this one.

SR, why are you holding up my ball with pops with no risk for a drain?
Stern, why do you keep putting "safety-first" walled-off pop pens in games?

Hopefully from the upcoming game-play video, we'll see a ball that doesn't get held hostage for too long, but c'mon -- playfield real estate is so precious -- every square inch, I just don't know why pops are ever there unless they add: ACTION and DANGER.

As always, look forward to playing it...
-mof

#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

[quoted image]

So true, I like the black or yellow Coat. I think chrome would look nice too

#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

They ask about the Zep target with question mark to and basically say they won’t say what happens and needs to be earned and requires all platinum records. With 5 minutes of music not accounted for could easily be another song.

Tim definitely emphasizes something special occurring with the ? Insert wizard mode.

#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what else would some one expect for a representation of the band? Really? This is the best art you can think of? haha
and that yellow is actually pretty nice in person. I wouldn't point to Avengers as a good comparison. That's not going to work out very well.
Seriously though, anyone that truly thinks this is a great representation of the band needs to get their head checked. Apparently the American Medical Association is now permitting doctors to use Stern's Led Zeppelin cabinet art to determine if a patient is really mentally ill. If the patient believes the art is a great representation of the band, it's right to the loony bin!
This thread cracks me up btw.

What representation would you use for Zeppelin? Most of the concert footage from the time will be of low quality by today’s standards. The band has very few visuals unlike Alice Cooper with his iconic makeup, Guillotine, Frankenstein, babies, snakes, and on and on. Zeppelin doesn’t have a visual persona it’s about the music. What would you rather have Robert Plant drawn like a skeleton like one GNR or Jimmy Page drawn like Steven Tyler on Aerosmith? Sorry none of that used over art work would work with Zeppelin. Maybe try the banana shit show you love so much on Avengers. You are right the thread is funny especially when people like you make comments.

#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

[quoted image]

All 4 work better then blue
Like to see orange

#1342 3 years ago

Imagine a band, so talented -- that they don't have to rely on visual gimmicks to be loved.
-mof

#1343 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I can’t believe the LEs sold out (reportedly) sight unseen.

I can't believe they didn't make 100 more LE's like Munsters..

#1344 3 years ago

Playfield is beautiful

#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think it’s that easy. Tim mentioned you pick the song before you plunge, so it must also be represented on the LCD.

#1346 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

It was facetious . The other guy deleted his post . I am a big fan of SW and think this game will be jus like it . It will grow on people and be a sleeper . People killed SW for it being “ empty” . I love it . It’s deep and challenging

Bought my SW Pro in August...still waiting .

#1347 3 years ago

I'm a Zeppelin Fan and a (Music)Pinball Fan. I cannot wait to play it with Kashmir rockin' in the background. Love the song choices. Do all your children look identical (identical twins and such not applicable lol) and you love one less because one looks not as cute or different that the other lol? Play the game. I am fairly new to Pinside, but if I went by peoples opinions about the Kiss pin, I wouldn't have bought one. It is actually my favorite and plays amazing. I am not even that big of a Kiss fan. You never know what will surprise you.

Now make a Rush, Black Sabbath, and Van Halen pin!

#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

[quoted image]

Yep good point. You did change the t-molding also but not a hard thing to do for *most.

#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Love how you JJP/GNR fanboys come in a Stern thread and make up this nonsense, that you’re cancelling an order that never existed to begin with, all the while promoting your love affair with JJP. Can’t we leave another companies offering out of this and let LZ fans enjoy the thread??? Sheesh, bs talk is cheap...lol.

#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from endodoc:

I'm a Zeppelin Fan and a (Music)Pinball Fan. I cannot wait to play it with Kashmir rockin' in the background. Love the song choices. Do all your children look identical (identical twins and such not applicable lol) and you love one less because one looks not as cute or different that the other lol? Play the game. I am fairly new to Pinside, but if I went by peoples opinions about the Kiss pin, I wouldn't have bought one. It is actually my favorite and plays amazing. I am not even that big of a Kiss fan. You never know what will surprise you.
Now make a Rush, Black Sabbath, and Van Halen pin!

Rush/ Van Halen !!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/27?hl=d8n-flipped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.