E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 68.
#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

He clearly loves the band from the Stern Insider. They had no choice in the 10 songs. That came with the deal. They had very limited assets to work with, which agrees with Aurichs points.

I think the 10 they got are f’ing great and would have been my first 10 to have if it were up to me, just wish there was 2 more.

#1252 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

You take that back, you dirty dog!

It was facetious . The other guy deleted his post . I am a big fan of SW and think this game will be jus like it . It will grow on people and be a sleeper . People killed SW for it being “ empty” . I love it . It’s deep and challenging

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

The only place they'll be seen side by side is on Stern's homepage.

It still looks bad regardless if together or not. It will stand out in any collection and imo not in a good way. Love the band, not the pin. Watched GnR video again and that blew me away and I am not a huge GnR fan. Don’t like to compare the two but it’s almost impossible not to.

Led Zeppelin is a huge band and license, and expectations were high even if people tried not to get them there.

#1254 3 years ago

Omg.. so much for Hype thread.. damn. Pinside forum loves to bash. I'm pumped. Like the music. Can't wait to get my hands on one. Ok.. u guys go back to bashing it..

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

guns way better pin.. most played out songs black dog and whole lotta love...sick of those songs

Have you played both already? Just curious how you formulated your opinion.

#1256 3 years ago
7625A725-3B77-4F00-B56B-2BE66C3162DA.gif7625A725-3B77-4F00-B56B-2BE66C3162DA.gif
#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

I think Stern's problem lately is it feels like they just take a design and just slap a theme on it VS. taking a theme and building a design around the theme.
This layout could be for any band or any theme really. This is just a pinball machine with some Led Zeppelin stuff on it. I say that as a huge Led Zep fan.

THIS.

#1258 3 years ago

I can’t even drink this pin pretty! Hmm I think my googles are broken.

#1259 3 years ago

Tim Sexton talking in a recent podcast is pretty interesting. I geek out over rules. I love the final revision of GOT, but I don’t want that in a super fast pin. I want some depth and cleverness.

#1260 3 years ago

It would be absolutely hilarious if Steve would begin the livestream reading some of the stupid comments. Kind of like “Mean Tweets” but for Pinside.

I’m obviously getting this pin, it’s just a matter of which model and when.

25018D2A-2874-4756-9DF0-AC263BC05FD6 (resized).jpeg25018D2A-2874-4756-9DF0-AC263BC05FD6 (resized).jpeg
#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The result shows the lack of love/care/collaboration with the licensee. GNR was a collaboration with JJP/Eric (who has a deep music background). This looks like LZ threw a bunch of "assets" over to Stern and they incorporated them. LZ cares about the licensee fees, not so much about pinball. Slash could give a shit about the license fees...he cares about pinball.

I was wondering when someone was going to compare it to GNR..... finally.

Anyone mention no Stairway yet or that the topper will be expensive?

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I can’t even drink this pin pretty! Hmm I think my googles are broken.

Mine works fine Robert.

www.google.com

Haha

#1263 3 years ago

I am a huge Led Zeppelin and pinball fan. This is a game I must have. I'm disappointed at the art work on all of the cabinets but the playfield is nice. I think it's going to play awesome as with most SR games. I own some of the best games in the world and love my BKSOR so I have confidence that this will be a great player. As far as having Jimmy Page participate in the building of this game is silly he is not Slash who loves and cares about pinball. That being said 10 Led Zeppelin songs is still better than G&Rs whole catalog. I am a Zep Head so I am biased and I know that. I have an LE ordered. God bless you all.

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

It would be absolutely hilarious if Steve would begin the livestream reading some of the stupid comments. Kind of like “Mean Tweets” but for Pinside.

That would be great.

#1265 3 years ago

3 dozen people died, so let's make a funny meme about it.

#1266 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine works fine Robert.
www.google.com
Haha

Hey when your drunk in Kentucky it counts. Like horse shoes!

#1267 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

For $10,000 (CAD) the amount of other things I can buy is huge. I could buy a car......but instead, I would get...10 led zep songs, which I already have, a plastic blimp and an icarus on a stick. Oh and a bunch of pictures of the Hindenberg going down. Literally a picture of people dying. Is that worth it? I expected MORE for one of the greatest bands of all time. Side blade lights are a plus I give em that!

Simple: Don’t buy it.

Revolutionary, I know....

Or, here’s an idea: make a home brew pin.

#1268 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Steve Ritchies games are not my favorite

Dang! So many downvotes for just having an opinion.

#1269 3 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I am a huge Led Zeppelin and pinball fan. This is a game I must have. I'm disappointed at the art work on all of the cabinets but the playfield is nice. I think it's going to play awesome as with most SR games. I own some of the best games in the world and love my BKSOR so I have confidence that this will be a great player. As far as having Jimmy Page participate in the building of this game is silly he is not Slash who loves and cares about pinball. That being said 10 Led Zeppelin songs is still better than G&Rs whole catalog. I am a Zep Head so I am biased and I know that. I have an LE ordered. God bless you all.

Congrats! It will be a fun game for sure. We're really lucky that Stern was even able to make a Zeppelin pin given the challenges that license brings. Every Ritchie design is fun to shoot and I think Timmy Sexton will put some unique and fun rules on the game. I'm looking forward to hopefully playing one soon.

#1270 3 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

3 dozen people died, so let's make a funny meme about it.

Here is the crash site a few years ago

C57BCE70-714E-417C-8DA3-F21DBCEED0B9 (resized).jpegC57BCE70-714E-417C-8DA3-F21DBCEED0B9 (resized).jpeg
#1271 3 years ago

Art is subjective. This is so ugly it could modern art master piece!

#1272 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Precisely. I doubt we see anything even close to GNR in the theme integration dept ever again.

I'll tell ya, the theme integration on my Rick and Morty is f-ing amazing. Different approach...not as glitzy, but the amazing callouts, music and episode integration are just stunning.

#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Dang! So many downvotes for just having an opinion.

He changed what was originally said in the post.

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

He changed what was originally said in the post.

Gotcha. Was wondering why so much hate over a benign statement.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1275 3 years ago

Im excited for my LE. Luckily I’m not a pinball expert. So I don’t know what I’m not supposed to like.

#1276 3 years ago

Bummed that the pro is missing the third flipper ramp...

#1277 3 years ago

Mikey want Zeppelin, Mikey like. Mikey get premium.

#1278 3 years ago

Already thinking about hiding the premium cabinet "art" between other pins and getting pro backglass. But dang, even the premium coin box area is a downer. Don't know what to do.

#1279 3 years ago

Too many posts.. there's a stream tonight of game play?

#1280 3 years ago

I totally agree! Black and white will stand out in a crowd of Skittles pins. And I don’t get the criticism about the cab and translite being the same art. For most of our lineups the cab art is hidden, and that first album’s art is iconic. I think it’s a fantastic choice. The layout looks great, Pro is lacking but will still do great on a route. Do you know how many “vinyl kids” there are now? Kids grow up in the virtual and they want PHYSICAL. They graduate from video games and TikTok to vinyl and pinball. Fuck yeah.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I must be in the minority here but im not a fan of the latest neon like cabinets in pins .I like that premium a lot how the cabinet makes the playfield pop !! It is what it should be as far as I’m concerned .

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Too many posts.. there's a stream tonight of game play?

Friday 6 PM CT on Stern FB page

#1283 3 years ago

I think Aerosmith pro is better than Led Zeppelin pro but haven’t played LZ.

#1284 3 years ago

I'm excited in the movement this will cause. I need a fathom and a medusa.

#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:Deleted post

Dude, quit with the child abuse jokes. You made the same joke an hour ago, what is your problem?

#1286 3 years ago

I like it. Looks good. I'm very close to putting down some green on a premium. Lots of complaining here....damn...... Let it sink in folks. Ever listen to a song and the first time you hear it.....it sucks? But later on after a few times listening its amazing? Give it a chance. I do wish there were a few more songs but hey we knew it wouldn't be 22.

#1287 3 years ago

While its seems the majority agree visually its disappointing I bet most expect it to be fast and fun to play. SR isn't my favorite designer but I give him credit on fast, flow, and fun. I hope its a great shooter for all the diehard fans that we know are getting this regardless of what it looked like

#1288 3 years ago

I so wanted to like this as zeppelin is probably my favorite band, but I’m just not feeling it, so disappointed. Playfield layout and artwork are just not there, and I can’t buy a pin just for the music. The middle magic thing on the premium and le looks cool and I like the interactive stadium lights. I was leaning toward an LE before I saw it because of the theme, now I think I may pass entirely; that blue powder has to go. I’ll reserve judgment until I see it being played. If I were to get one, I think it would be the premium.

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'll tell ya, the theme integration on my Rick and Morty is f-ing amazing. Different approach...not as glitzy, but the amazing callouts, music and episode integration are just stunning.

Yeah that’s solid too. But GNR is still on another level. That’s how much they killed the theme on that.

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Stunning indeed. And of course having the voice work from the original voice actors is a huge plus. Amazingly addicting pin.

#1291 3 years ago

That’s something that’s tough to nail too. Sure it’s great if you get people from the license to do custom callouts, but what if they suck at it? Haha.

Another good one for that is GOT. The hound’s callouts in that are great.

#1292 3 years ago

Playfield looks very bare imo. Reminds me of America Most haunted for some reason the way the inserts are shaped and spaced.

#1293 3 years ago

What does the popup mech do other than being a spinner? Is that it?

#1294 3 years ago

I would like to see one of these as an alternate translight for the Premium.

zep1 (resized).jpgzep1 (resized).jpgzep2 (resized).jpgzep2 (resized).jpg

#1295 3 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Magnetic ball lock

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

I heard a rumor that if you play the modes backward you can hear satanic messages in the background.

Man that's the funniest post yet. I so remember my older brother playing records backwards

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from huo:

It’s actually a portal, and upon entry you are taken to a magical place where the REAL Led Zeppelin pinball machine is. I think

#1298 3 years ago

Just viewed the various pin models online and a bit disappointed and unimpressed with the artwork packages,
In part cause it is nothing new, some may say its classic.
The CAB art is OK but the BG art is boring.
I think there will be lots of after market translites to be sold.
Heck I like Kiwi RotoDave's LZ retheme EM artwork package and BG art better.
Too hard to tell if the gameplay and rules set will be any good with out actually seeing and playing it.
I am a big Zeppelin fan, but will have to be more sold on it before I would plunk down Big $$$ on this just yet.
Will also have to see how the music and songs are incorporated into the gameplay.

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Dude, quit with the child abuse jokes. You made the same joke an hour ago, what is your problem?

Most people think they are funny.

Most people are not funny.

#1300 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Most people think they are funny.
Most people are not funny.

Fully agree.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/26?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.