E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 68.
#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Did they really go linear progression on a music pin so you have to hear the same songs over and over and over every time you start a game?

No.

#1202 3 years ago

Have noticed a lot of displeasure being directed at the overabundance of naked man angels on the playfield. So, I'm starting a new mod company with this design, which I call the "Red Snapper Mod", arguably a much more integral aspect of the band's mythology.

redSnap (resized).jpgredSnap (resized).jpg
#1203 3 years ago

Just heard on pinball profile the live stream is Friday at 6 central. On Facebook live. Also some good rules information on this podcast.

#1204 3 years ago

Thanks, I got sucked in to that one, it did sound impossible to believe.

#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I'm not sure I would ever get $9,199 worth of enjoyment/entertainment out of the Zeppelin pinball machine. .

no one can get $9,199.00 worth of enjoyment out of ANY pinball machine much less LZ.

#1206 3 years ago

Think I’m gonna wait for the bootleg LE

561AFFBE-074A-4F02-9630-3489048C0546 (resized).jpeg561AFFBE-074A-4F02-9630-3489048C0546 (resized).jpeg
#1207 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

no one can get $9,199.00 worth of enjoyment out of ANY pinball machine much less LZ.

Yeah just gotta get like 2k worth and get the rest on resale. Haha

#1208 3 years ago

I thought we were getting Mothership?

zep (resized).jpgzep (resized).jpg
#1209 3 years ago

Lighting doesn't shine on playfield or at you it shines nowhere not a fan...art made me pull out...ramps are cool though maybe a pro for me but this isn't Even close to the jjp experience.

#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

I heard a rumor that if you play the modes backward you can hear satanic messages in the background.

They are saving that for the Black Sabbath pin

#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

The LE looks horrible because it is such a drastic change from the pro and premium.

The only place they'll be seen side by side is on Stern's homepage.

#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I thought we were getting Mothership?

Mothership is a compilation album. Led Zeppelin hated 'greatest hits' albums, hence none released until well after they disbanded, no way they we're going to allow art from one.

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Not a good comparison. There are two shots for the upper left flipper; one is a dead end target, you are correct, but right next to it is a repeatable looping shot. That same dead end target can be hit by both bottom flippers although not easily (left flipper directly, right flipper skipping off the extra ball stand-up). So it doesn't rely only on the upper left flipper to collect super jackpots. And all of that is in the context of IMDN also having an upper right flipper that has a repeatable loop shot as well. None of these shots change pro to premium.
On LZ Prem, what is a continued momentum safe return turns into a stop and dribble, out of control return for the exact same shot on the Pro. This one design element looks to be a deal breaker for the pro at least for me.

I agree. I would not buy the pro. Because of value and wanting full featured games the premium is pretty much the only version of Sterns I would consider buying anymore since about 7 years ago.

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

Have noticed a lot of displeasure being directed at the overabundance of naked man angels on the playfield. So, I'm starting a new mod company with this design, which I call the "Red Snapper Mod", arguably a much more integral aspect of the band's mythology. [quoted image]

Red Snapper. Legendary.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:Deleted post
64e55c15e2f0c16a62fc8997b2632321 (resized).jpg64e55c15e2f0c16a62fc8997b2632321 (resized).jpg
#1218 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:Deleted post

That's aggressive.

#1219 3 years ago

Am I the only one that had to think of this game when I saw the pics of the LE?

lectronamo backglass (resized).jpglectronamo backglass (resized).jpg
#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Here we go, lol. That being said, I’d put JJP GNR up against any pinball machine and feel pretty good about it’s chances.
LZ looks like a great shooter. Need more info on the rules. Tim needs to knock it out with this.

I was just being sarcastic because of Thunderbirds post claiming that Sterns light panels were so superior to GnR’s

#1221 3 years ago

Just noticed this on feature gram: "All-new software controlled 10 band graphic equalizer. Tune the sound to your liking!" Coupled with LE sound package it should be cool.

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

[quoted image]

Yes.

#1223 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

[quoted image]

Yes

#1225 3 years ago

I love Led Zeppelin, but not in love with the direction. Album I and III for the whole cab art? Just seems odd to pick one album for each model, and Icarus? Have it on the playfield sure, but the whole cab? I would've liked to see a collage of all their albums (GNR had tour posters!) Was hoping this would be different like a Tolkien-esque journey through their albums/career. 10 songs? That's it? I really hope it plays well for those who are jumping in on one. I still want to play it, but I dont really have a burning desire to own one now. It doesnt look like a concert experience to me if that's how they're marketing it. Feels like they couldve made something deeper given LZ's mass appeal and library. Growing up with LZ the albums and the lyrics were very iconic to me. I guess I had some pretty high hopes this would be a music & adventure pin.

#1226 3 years ago

Could we have a beer belly mod to make some of us feel better about ourselves???

#1227 3 years ago

Steve Ritchies games are not my favorite

#1228 3 years ago

The LE might look better in the dark.

F0A82EDD-4265-4AD7-9429-FDAB712E4A27 (resized).jpegF0A82EDD-4265-4AD7-9429-FDAB712E4A27 (resized).jpeg

The BLE?

#1229 3 years ago

What a let down . I keep trying to talk myself into a premium , but for that money I’ll just get a JJp or a premium IM or something . What a bummer . It just looks lame . Nothing really redeeming on that playfield . Doesn’t really tie anything to the theme . This just looks like a generic layout . So much wasted space .

#1231 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

LE’s always have controversial art packages.

Star Trek?
Metallica?

Avengers?
Stranger Things?
Elvira?
JP?
BKSOR?
Maiden?

The only ones really of late that are brash are Deadpool and arguably Avengers. But that's two out of the last how many? I don't have the interest in keep going back to disprove this more.

Don't confuse 'bright' with controversial.

The baby blue powder here has no place on any pinball machine. Not even road show.

#1232 3 years ago

They should have done Rush. Would have had MUCH MUCH cooler artwork. Of course, I'd rather the new king design it than the old king anyway

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1233 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Steve Ritchie sucks

WTF is wrong with you. The guy has family and friends. Do you really need to post this kind of crap? You disparage the man because you don't like his work? His contributions to pinball are well documented. What are yours?

#1234 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

For all the LE art bashers, this is what we stared at rotating at 33 1/3 RPM while listening to Kashmir for the first time back in the’70’s
[quoted image]

It’s the blue that kills it!
Use the orange if need be ‍♂️

#1235 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

They should have done Rush. Would have had MUCH MUCH cooler artwork. Of course, I'd rather the new king design it than the old king anyway

Agree and many characters to choose from!
After looking at this I’m afraid they may ruin Rush for me ugh

#1236 3 years ago

The art works fine for the theme.
Led Zeppelin’s last studio record came out in 79.
The art on the playfield fits that time well, just as the art on Aerosmith fit the theme.

Looking at what’s on the playfield.
The good.
The pro, you get 3 metal ramps and metal ramp returns.

You get the drop targets and spinner.
You get individual stand up targets and not the multi target.
You get the zeppelin toy and the fallen angel toy.

You get the 3rd flipper.

For the pro it’s pretty good.

This is coming from a guy that is not a big zeppelin fan.

#1238 3 years ago

“You get individual stand up targets and not the multi target.“

Has it come to this?

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I got really excited when I heard about a LZ theme. Now I’m starting to think it’s AC/DC 2.0
Which has kept me from beating down my dealers door. I know I’m going to get some heat for saying this, but Steve Ritchie is not on my Top 5 list of modern pinball designers
When is Elwin doing ‘Slayer’ ??

The words Elwin and Slayer in the same sentence gets me moist.

#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I love Led Zeppelin, but not in love with the direction. Album I and III for the whole cab art? Just seems odd to pick one album for each model, and Icarus? Have it on the playfield sure, but the whole cab? I would've liked to see a collage of all their albums (GNR had tour posters!) Was hoping this would be different like a Tolkien-esque journey through their albums/career. 10 songs? That's it? I really hope it plays well for those who are jumping in on one. I still want to play it, but I dont really have a burning desire to own one now. It doesnt look like a concert experience to me if that's how they're marketing it. Feels like they couldve made something deeper given LZ's mass appeal and library. Growing up with LZ the albums and the lyrics were very iconic to me. I guess I had some pretty high hopes this would be a music & adventure pin.

The result shows the lack of love/care/collaboration with the licensee. GNR was a collaboration with JJP/Eric (who has a deep music background). This looks like LZ threw a bunch of "assets" over to Stern and they incorporated them. LZ cares about the licensee fees, not so much about pinball. Slash could give a shit about the license fees...he cares about pinball.

#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Has it come to this?

Think that just means it isn't a Borg.

#1242 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

“You get individual stand up targets and not the multi target.“
Has it come to this?

At least they have multiple uses. The ball save targets are also used for one of the band members.

Not quite the 3 drops mastery Elwin did with AIQ, but some of these young guns are coming up with some good ideas to maximize the limited BOM these games have.

#1243 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I agree. I would not buy the pro. Because of value and wanting full featured games the premium is pretty much the only version of Sterns I would consider buying anymore since about 7 years ago.

Typically the gameplay trade off is less mechs on the Pro, but with the benefit of faster play to the point some prefer Pros for the better shooting. It looks like for LZ, the Pro loses both mechs AND flow. I just don't get it.

#1244 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The result shows the lack of love/care/collaboration with the licensee. GNR was a collaboration with JJP/Eric (who has a deep music background). This looks like LZ threw a bunch of "assets" over to Stern and they incorporated them. LZ cares about the licensee fees, not so much about pinball. Slash could give a shit about the license fees...he cares about pinball.

Then why doesnt GNR shoot well? It's a box of lights.

#1245 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Precisely. I doubt we see anything even close to GNR in the theme integration dept ever again.

#1246 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't have the interest in keep going back to disprove this more

Same, no interest arguing with you except to say youre wrong.

#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

At least they have multiple uses. The ball save targets are also used for one of the band members.
Not quite the 3 drops mastery Elwin did with AIQ, but some of these young guns are coming up with some good ideas to maximize the limited BOM these games have.

It's basically the same shot to relight the kickback on No Fear on the left side this time...but now it does two things!

#1248 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Steve Ritchie sucks

You take that back, you dirty dog!

#1249 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's basically the same shot to relight the kickback on No Fear on the left side this time...but now it does two things!

Better than one.

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

It just seems like Steve Ritchie is the go to guy for a theme they paid way too much for , or a theme that’s a small niche for , because his “style” is cheap ..

He clearly loves the band from the Stern Insider. They had no choice in the 10 songs. That came with the deal. They had very limited assets to work with, which agrees with Aurichs points.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 65.99
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/25?hl=pinballalley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.