E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png

There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 68.
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Having the ball immediately kick back is a lot more satisfying to me than the ball sadly dying, then waiting for another to be kicked into the shooter lane, then kicked again into the playfield (not to mention the removal of a unique ball path)...

This is the point you start playing the coil counting game and figure out which coil you remove elsewhere to put in a kickback. (Maybe tie two of the pops together like on Star Wars The Pin? That frees up a transistor for a kickback)

Monday morning quarterbacking on a Tuesday afternoon!

#1152 3 years ago

LZ pin hype - deflated and on life support

LZ teaser videos - boring and uninspired

LZ pin artwork - horrible, lazy, a real shame

LZ pin color pallet - the worst

LZ pin theme integration - very bad

LZ pin rules - unsure if additive nature of music is more fun or annoying.

LZ pin fun - none, just listen to LZ on the radio

LZ pin rank - well below average

Changes for Stern - final SRitchie design

#1153 3 years ago

Just curious, what was the last Stern game to have a physical kickback?

#1154 3 years ago

Like the Premium art the best; never was a fan of LZ3 art.

LE looks like something you’d put a paper umbrella in.

#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is the Angel guy so iconic for Zep?

I disagree. Angel guy is the logo for Zeppelin's record company Swan Song. Except for the actual record label, it didn't really show up much on their albums or promo material, at least not until after they disbanded. All kinds of shirts and whatnot in the 80s had that thing. Bad Company was published by Swan Song and has the angel dude artwork on their album labels, so it's not even specific to Zeppelin themselves. It's a neat logo and definitely part of the band, but I think Stern ran it into the ground overusing it on the game.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

LZ hype - deflated and on life support
LZ teaser videos - boring and uninspired
LZ pin artwork - horrible, lazy, a real shame
LZ pin color pallet - the worst
LZ pin theme integration - very bad
LZ rules - unsure if additive nature of code is more fun or annoying.
LZ pin fun - none, just listen to LZ on the radio
LZ pin rank - well below average
Changes for Stern - final SRitchie design

64e55c15e2f0c16a62fc8997b2632321 (resized).jpg64e55c15e2f0c16a62fc8997b2632321 (resized).jpg
#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

Deebo would punch this game to pieces. RIP Deebo

#1158 3 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Just curious, what was the last Stern game to have a physical kickback?

Star Trek Prem/LE, seven years ago.

#1159 3 years ago

For all the LE art bashers, this is what we stared at rotating at 33 1/3 RPM while listening to Kashmir for the first time back in the’70’s

11A3D2A2-3595-4158-A1FF-0087DA4AE45D (resized).jpeg11A3D2A2-3595-4158-A1FF-0087DA4AE45D (resized).jpeg
#1160 3 years ago

An outlane featuring a physical kickback is a special design with a curved ball guide. You cannot just smack a ball kicker onto any playfield where the Outland exit is not preped for this.

Also. The kickback is a snap solenoid. Meaning it must be run under direct control from the switch. You must have vacant control logic of this to be able to install the kick.

#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Singers don't enter onto stages from rising platforms?
The 96 RGB side lights mimic concert lighting.
METAL ramps? (A must in any rock game)

Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

Sorry, Steve. Nothing personal

He does seem to be taken criticisms of Sterns new pin personally?

#1162 3 years ago

An upper flipper shot into a dead-end target on the Pro.....that one is a head-scratcher.

#1163 3 years ago

I love the Limited Edition art and powder coat! Haha looks straight out of the 1970s!

20201215_140238 (resized).jpg20201215_140238 (resized).jpg
#1164 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

Yeah that was brutal!

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

An upper flipper shot into a dead-end target on the Pro.....that one is a head-scratcher.

Doesn’t Iron Maiden have that as well?

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Same type of shot on Iron Maiden and Independence Day

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Same type of shot on Iron Maiden and Independence Day

And Addams Family

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Having the ball immediately kick back is a lot more satisfying to me than the ball sadly dying, then waiting for another to be kicked into the shooter lane,

Agreed. But what’s even better than that is a player controlled kickback so we don’t have to work about that kickback sucking and missing the ball or firing too soon.

Bring those back.

#1169 3 years ago

I like the Zeppelin, and the Music.
The end.
Only comment.

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

IIRC this was a scoop leading to a subway on the original design (Archer) and Stern removed it. Dead-end targets definitely aren't too satisfying.

#1171 3 years ago

For the guy saying what else do you expect from a pinball machine.....you have to be kidding me. How about not a naked dude plastered all over my machine. That would be the starting point. Playing the songs in order each time, even if I am able to pick the starting song, would be next.

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. But what’s even better than that is a player controlled kickback so we don’t have to work about that kickback sucking and missing the ball or firing too soon.
Bring those back.

Like on Volcano? Any other games have that?

#1173 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Iron Maiden has one..... right next to a loop shot that you hit from the same flipper.

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Defender. Extra button on the side of the game is needed.

Or you could use the lockbar button.

#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Defender. Extra button on the side of the game is needed.

Oh man, bring back Defender! DefenderR! That game was great.

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone else they think the side lights look like Pingraffix Power Blades? If not, certainly that can be replicated pretty easily...

Per write up:
“Expression Lighting SystemTM – 96 intelligent RGB LEDs enables full color spectrum control; synchronized and adjustable, responsive to game events
Positioned in pockets cut into the cabinet sides to provide color themed full playfield illumination, this integrated playfield lighting system is synchronized to custom light shows specifically designed for every song.”

This cannot be easily replicated. You’d have to drill holes etc. Pingraffix Power Blades are a mess. Don’t fit well and easily scratch up, because the bulging lights touch the PF when pulling up. I know, because I had them. Ended up pulling them off, what a total waste.

This lighting system is superior in my view, because they actually light the PF and not pointed directly at your face. Big plus!

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I disagree. Angel guy is the logo for Zeppelin's record company Swan Song. Except for the actual record label, it didn't really show up much on their albums or promo material, at least not until after they disbanded. All kinds of shirts and whatnot in the 80s had that thing.

True, all sort of promo stuff in the 80s had it and that's what I'm talking aboot. Posters, shirts, postcards etc.
Unless you count "bundle of sticks guy" on LZIV I can;t think of anything more iconic dealing with them....sans the 4 symbols which are already on the PF.

#1178 3 years ago

I hear you can buy-in a stairway

buy-in (resized).jpgbuy-in (resized).jpg

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

And Addams Family

It’s on quite a few games. Doesn’t mean it’s a satisfying shot.

#1180 3 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

I hear you can buy-in a stairway
[quoted image]

Maybe the DLC if you buy the topper will be Stairway...

#1181 3 years ago

I want to slap my money down and buy this but something just has me uneasy about it . There’s just nothing unique on the game , nothing that ties any sort of theme into it . This literally seems like the least thought out design SR has done . Period .

#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Per write up:
“Expression Lighting SystemTM – 96 intelligent RGB LEDs enables full color spectrum control; synchronized and adjustable, responsive to game events
Positioned in pockets cut into the cabinet sides to provide color themed full playfield illumination, this integrated playfield lighting system is synchronized to custom light shows specifically designed for every song.”
This cannot be easily replicated. You’d have to drill holes etc. Pingraffix Power Blades are a mess. Don’t fit well and easily scratch up, because the bulging lights touch the PF when pulling up. I know, because I had them. Ended up pulling them off, what a total waste.
This lighting system is superior in my view, because they actually light the PF and not pointed directly at your face. Big plus!

Zeppelin for the win! GnR sucks
Like LZ beats GnR because of the side rails .Yeah right

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Zeppelin for the win! GnR sucks

Here we go, lol. That being said, I’d put JJP GNR up against any pinball machine and feel pretty good about it’s chances.

LZ looks like a great shooter. Need more info on the rules. Tim needs to knock it out with this.

#1184 3 years ago

Pinball profile episode here with Tom Sexton is great. Lots about the rules and where he wants to take the game with the rules when it’s done.

https://www.pinballprofile.com/episode-293-timmy-page-sexton/?fbclid=IwAR3KPCDdPLyx55hI7RZ7xWQ08e9uB14b8FleKtKPCIQKzD4BcQVhsSXcl5Y

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Not a good comparison. There are two shots for the upper left flipper; one is a dead end target, you are correct, but right next to it is a repeatable looping shot. That same dead end target can be hit by both bottom flippers although not easily (left flipper directly, right flipper skipping off the extra ball stand-up). So it doesn't rely only on the upper left flipper to collect super jackpots. And all of that is in the context of IMDN also having an upper right flipper that has a repeatable loop shot as well. None of these shots change pro to premium.

On LZ Prem, what is a continued momentum safe return turns into a stop and dribble, out of control return for the exact same shot on the Pro. This one design element looks to be a deal breaker for the pro at least for me.

#1186 3 years ago

guns way better pin.. most played out songs black dog and whole lotta love...sick of those songs

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

For all the LE art bashers, this is what we stared at rotating at 33 1/3 RPM while listening to Kashmir for the first time back in the’70’s
[quoted image]

Nobody doubts the artwork relation to Zep, I think the blue trim is what everyone is talking about. There is very little blue in the record label you posted, unlike the actual pin, the blue is in your face and just to much for where it was chosen.

#1188 3 years ago

Beastie Boys would have been better

#1189 3 years ago

Did they really go linear progression on a music pin so you have to hear the same songs over and over and over every time you start a game? If that is actually true that is not new in a good way. Its new in the way that no one has ever been dumb enough to think that is a good idea.

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

I couldn’t imagine basing my opinion of whether to get a pin or not based off of a 50 second video lol . Like SW , I think this will grow on people . I expect it will be fairly deep .

I mean, if you've been doing this for years and years, I think you CAN. It looks barren as hell and has terrible art and features/toys. Don't have to play it to tell that right away.

#1191 3 years ago

Art is really, really, reeeeeeally bad. Genesis kills this thing on art!

Game looks okay to flip. I love that standups are now features. LOL.

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

guns way better pin.. most played out songs black dog and whole lotta love...sick of those songs

Because we haven’t heard GnRs 4 quality songs how many times since the ‘80s?

#1194 3 years ago

I heard a rumor that if you play the modes backward you can hear satanic messages in the background.

#1195 3 years ago

I was more excited about GnR reveal than LZ and I am a big LZ fan, and a very casual GnR fan. I was very apprehensive about Stern being able to incorporate LZ into a pin art wise and music also and my expectations were not that high going in.

I do love the premium art blades with lights and playfield artwork. Preferred pro cabinet artwork at first, but now prefer the premium. Just not sure the price for NIB is worth it without playing. I really wanted to love this pin.

The LE looks horrible because it is such a drastic change from the pro and premium.

#1196 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

I heard a rumor that if you play the modes backward you can hear satanic messages in the background.

If there was a mode that was completed by doing a sequence of shots, there should be a secret satanic jackpot for knowing the shot order and performing it backwards during that particular mode.

#1197 3 years ago

Feels like you are paying for a pro model when you buy the premium

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Defender

Phoebe

#1199 3 years ago

It's so hard to time it right! But awesome!

#1200 3 years ago

Playfield is ugly, cabinet arts look awful, gameplay looks plain boring. An elevated spinner is not much in the toy department. This pin is a real bummer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Tigard, OR
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/24?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.