E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 68.
#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The LZ premium/LE shots remind me of Avenger IQ Prem/LE.

Was just about to post this - Ritchie channeling a bit of Elwin here - 2 vertical kickback ramps and a middle ramp that can be hit from the top flipper.

Game looks like like it’ll be a fun shooter. Pretty solid game, if not groundbreaking. Pretty much the same as all Ritchie releases.

Playfield art is good. LE is a.....different, but aren’t all LE’s?

I like the 2 banks of drops up top that can both be hit by the upper flipper. And that upper flipper to lane to kickback shot on the Pre/LE looks fun. Could be a sleeper this one. A bit like Aerosmith.

#1102 3 years ago

What in the flying fk is this? Who in the hell would approve this color combo as this is the most un-Led Zep thing I have ever seen. No respect.

7FDEA3AC-026D-4386-B4EA-515C37A93B97 (resized).jpeg7FDEA3AC-026D-4386-B4EA-515C37A93B97 (resized).jpeg

#1103 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:For $10,000 (CAD) the amount of other things I can buy is huge. I could buy a car......but instead, I would get...10 led zep songs, which I already have, a plastic blimp and an icarus on a stick. Oh and a bunch of pictures of the Hindenberg going down. Literally a picture of people dying. Is that worth it? I expected MORE for one of the greatest bands of all time. Side blade lights are a plus I give em that!

People were talking about the second coming of Mick on a stick and we now have "Ic on a stick"

#1104 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

What in the flying fk is this?

Ummm a masterpiece?

#1105 3 years ago

Why am I craving a bowl of fruit loops?

5ff59f0be6e52b14dc15d938fd0f758d4c706662 (resized).jpg5ff59f0be6e52b14dc15d938fd0f758d4c706662 (resized).jpg91ZlvRAdYjL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg91ZlvRAdYjL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Well I did say, LZ Album art through the early times wasn't great. To put it on the Pin was a mistake.

stern could just as easily rubber stamped some grocery bags.

HOT DOG !!

inthroughtheoutdoor (resized).jpginthroughtheoutdoor (resized).jpg
#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

300+ GnR pins coming to Aus and NZ.. Can't see LZ selling that many down this way. Can still buy LZ LE's here.

I can’t believe the LEs sold out (reportedly) sight unseen.

#1108 3 years ago

I can't wait to visit this game on location!

#1109 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Color of the powder coating on this????
I’d have to have it done a different color.
[quoted image]

OMG IT'S FREEFALL 2.0!
I love it

#1110 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Why am I craving a bowl of fruit loops?
[quoted image][quoted image]

In the mdwest we think Superman ice Cream

suoermanicecream (resized).jpgsuoermanicecream (resized).jpg
#1111 3 years ago

I don’t get it?

C6F38DF7-9B7D-4A55-A0B9-B0A64E7BA32D (resized).jpegC6F38DF7-9B7D-4A55-A0B9-B0A64E7BA32D (resized).jpeg
#1112 3 years ago

has anyone mentioned no stairway or compared it to GNR yet?

Oh? hundreds of people.

nice.

#1113 3 years ago

Stern, channeling the spirit of Led Zeppelin... thanks Stern

B47D2624-BBBB-4FD6-BBB8-2F36B561E599 (resized).jpegB47D2624-BBBB-4FD6-BBB8-2F36B561E599 (resized).jpeg

F’n nailed it

22049A56-0B4F-4B1E-B780-DF28A0F80B00 (resized).jpeg22049A56-0B4F-4B1E-B780-DF28A0F80B00 (resized).jpeg
#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

In the mdwest we think Superman ice Cream
[quoted image]

Grew up on Ohio and Superman ice cream was one of my favorites!

#1115 3 years ago

Could they not have found more spots to plaster the dude with wings?

He is everywhere. Lol

Is there not different assets they could have used??

Can't wait to see the 1000$ flat plastic topper of a guy with wings. Lol

#1116 3 years ago

Such a waste of a theme just like Star Wars. How in the heck do you get the most iconic rockband without their greatest song total epic fail.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1117 3 years ago

I like the look of the blue trim for some reason? It ties in really well with the playfield art. It is out there with colors on inside cab but again I feel they nailed the psychedelic look. The outside cabinet looks classy with bold reds,yellow and gold. You guys just wait until you are in a dark room and the music is pumping and the playfield side rgb lights change the whole game color with modes in a blink of an eye. It will be stellar!

I do have to say for those who do not care for the Blue Trim-Brass plating on this game would look absolutely stunning!

#1118 3 years ago

Meh.. it's another cookie cutter Stern. Its weird Led Zeppelin is just party music and snowboard music for me. The whole LSD color scheme just makes it so dated. Zeppelin is like AC/DC its timeless teenage music. It just resonates when your that age and invincible. The theme just makes it grandpa music and that is a bummer. Immigrant Song is a tune I used to play on my Walkman and rip in the backcountry snowboarding in the early 90s. It's aggressive and powerful, for me it was part of the anger of the 90s not this old guy hippy shit theme.

#1119 3 years ago

For me it always comes down to, Is the code fun? , when it comes down to adding a game. If I love the code I will pick one up. The toy on the premium looks just ok, the choice between the pro and premium for me, if I get one, will come down to how good the light shows are. I’m not gonna blame Stern for the art. They would of used Dirty Donny or Franchi if they could’ve.

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Such a waste of a theme just like Star Wars. How in the heck do you get the most iconic rockband without their greatest song total epic fail.

SW is an amazing game.

This isn't very nice to look at and while I like some Zeppelin it was mostly a pass but u know u can't judge pinball by the first impression. Need to see gameplay, need to give it some time, need a Black Sabba whoops.....

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The whole LSD color scheme just makes it so dated. Zeppelin is like AC/DC its timeless teenage music.

Sure, one disbanded 40 years ago and other has made 8 albums that sound exactly the same since. Exactly the same.

#1122 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Is there not different assets they could have used??

I think the answer to this is clearly no. They got a folder of stuff they were allowed to use from an agency and everything had to be approved afterwards by someone at the firm who had a checklist of what was approved for use or not is likely how it went down. Sure they charged them by the song too, which is why there are only 10.

The LE is just the Swan Song art, the blue comes from the bottom.

I don't blame anyone for being disappointed, but you shouldn't be mad at the people at Stern who made the game. Some licenses have more freedom than others. That's why Metallica is a great pin and this one will probably be a fan favorite of a few and mostly unmemorable afterwards. Without creative spark it's hard to make something stick. Dirty Donny and Sparky and everything made for something original and cool. This is just the same stuff the people licensing Led Zeppelin lunch boxes have access to.

It's no different than Willy Wonka looking exactly like the slot machine because JJP was given the same standard assets, it comes with the territory with some stuff. As long as it keeps selling it will keep happening.

61x3Np7vj-L._AC_SL1024_ (resized).jpg61x3Np7vj-L._AC_SL1024_ (resized).jpg

#1123 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry did you expect them to record some new songs for you? Whats the value on 22 songs yiu already have? How much more is that worth.
Wtf

What would people say if there were only 5 songs? 3? At some point it's not enough. For me...10 isn't enough.

#1124 3 years ago

I'm laughing at the shock that there are drops targets in a Pro model, a SR title nonetheless. BKSoR (3), GoT (3), SW (5), ST (1) - All Pro's with drops. All SR titles. This isn't some new concept Stern is finally adopting, and I even forgot to mention non-SR titles like STH, AIQ, DP, IMDN, GB, TWD, and MET.

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'm laughing at the shock that there are drops targets in a Pro model...

They always do this...same thing with spinners.
Living in the past man

#1126 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I don’t get it?[quoted image]

Anybody under 20 who sees this -“why is there somebody in transition all over this game? Icar what?”

#1127 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry did you expect them to record some new songs for you? Whats the value on 22 songs yiu already have? How much more is that worth.
Wtf

Maybe he wanted Zep:Trap Edition with all Trap remixes for the young'uns.

#1128 3 years ago

I apologize if I blow y’alls minds too hard with this little bit of insight but red, yellow, and blue are primary colors. The color combo isn’t insane. It’s literally primary.

#1129 3 years ago

Well. They are the colors on the LZ V album. Houses of the Holy. And artwork that was produced afterwards and through time. Granted the blue is a tad bright but it's correct.

#1130 3 years ago

Ok, I just saw the shitty lookin one with the blue trim..............wtf?
Might be the ugliest cabinet ever for the best band ever...........that is seriously wrong!
I was hoping the 3 cab was the pro, I guess not, eh. Is that shitty blue the pro?

#1131 3 years ago

Just paid for my LE-Can I say FUUUUUUCK YEA!

Now I have to get some work done-I love these reveals and these times on Pinside.

Thanks guys

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from chromag:

Ok, I just saw the shitty lookin one with the blue trim..............wtf?
Might be the ugliest cabinet ever for the best band ever...........that is seriously wrong!
I was hoping the 3 cab was the pro, I guess not, eh. Is that shitty blue the pro?

Maybe Stern found out that LE was sold out at distributers and swapped the worse art package to that.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1133 3 years ago

Is the Angel guy so iconic for Zep?

#1134 3 years ago

I bet the LE looks awesome in person. Y’all so fragile you’re afraid of bright colors....

#1135 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe Stern found out that LE was sold out at distributers and swapped the worse art package to that.

LE’s always have controversial art packages.

#1136 3 years ago

It just seems like Steve Ritchie is the go to guy for a theme they paid way too much for , or a theme that’s a small niche for , because his “style” is cheap ..

#1137 3 years ago

New video on the Stern Facebook page.. I'm kind of digging the magical charger, it's not just a spinner and the shots looks fun with great flow. The sideblade art with lights, that's different and saves the choir of installing anything. I'm a bit sick of installing mirror blades and artblades. I'm in on an LE. Fun comments everyone!

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/297647311671047/

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes.. this sums it up pretty good, it's pretty much thee logo for Zep along with the Zoso symbols from IV.

http://www.band-shirt.com/2013/03/09/history-of-the-led-zeppelin-icarus-logo/

#1139 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I don’t get it?[quoted image]

Gender neutral?

#1140 3 years ago

Now if only the surviving members would do a show in honor of the release of this machine. They're due. It's been 13 years since their last one-off reunion.

#1141 3 years ago

Stern wouldn't even pony up for S2H and you're thinking they'll get a band reunion for this game?

Chances are the surviving members don't even know there's a Zeppelin pinball in existence...

(I kid, but there doesn't seem to be much, if any, band involvement here)

#1142 3 years ago

Having watched the Prem features video again, I wish they took a page from ST Prem's book (it's a very similar left side of the PF anyways), and put in a physical kickback on the left outlane and a VUK on the left scoop up to the wireform. Those are nice features over ST Pro and so easy to see working here.

#1143 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Note to self: Don't go on Pinside if you want to remain excited about a new game you're getting.

Like it for yourself, not what everybody else thinks. You’re paying for it, who cares what pinside thinks.

#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

For $10,000 (CAD) the amount of other things I can buy is huge. I could buy a car......but instead, I would get...10 led zep songs, which I already have, a plastic blimp and an icarus on a stick. Oh and a bunch of pictures of the Hindenberg going down. Literally a picture of people dying. Is that worth it? I expected MORE for one of the greatest bands of all time. Side blade lights are a plus I give em that!

Well, it beats The Beatles... and maybe Striker Xtreme.

#1145 3 years ago

Starting to wonder if ST Prem/LE is the last real kickback we'll see from Stern.

#1146 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Stern wouldn't even pony up for S2H and you're thinking they'll get a band reunion for this game?
Chances are the surviving members don't even know there's a Zeppelin pinball in existence...
(I kid, but there doesn't seem to be much, if any, band involvement here)

Yeah I think GNR was a, wait for it, Once in a Lifetime deal?

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Starting to wonder if ST Prem/LE is the last real kickback we'll see from Stern.

I’m fine with that. When will we see the player controlled kickback again? That’s what I want to know.

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I can't wait to visit this game on location!

Perfectly said. Lol

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes.

Quoted from cooked71:

LE’s always have controversial art packages.

Always for sure

#1150 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m fine with that. When will we see the player controlled kickback again? That’s what I want to know.

Having the ball immediately kick back is a lot more satisfying to me than the ball sadly dying, then waiting for another to be kicked into the shooter lane, then kicked again into the playfield (not to mention the removal of a unique ball path)...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 65.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/23?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.