E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 68.
#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

They take completely different approaches to getting the lighting... Speaking of which... I wonder how Stern did that? GNR has the ligthing on the playfield shinning up. Stern has theirs drilled into the wood. I am guessing there is a second chanel below the glass with a string of lights in it with the chanel simply covered up by the decal. Will be interesting to see how they actually did it.

Yeah I'm actually surprised with their implementation. It seems more complicated from a quick glance and I'd like to know more.

Looking at this screenshot really close, you can see a long line seam along the side below the lights. I'm guessing the lights are in a plastic assembly that slides into the side. And I guess they cut a channel in the sidewall of the cabinet to make space for it?

Screen-Shot-2020-12-15-at-9.36.57-AM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2020-12-15-at-9.36.57-AM (resized).png

#1002 3 years ago

10 songs is not a lot, but they picked 10 epic ones.

#1003 3 years ago

I dunno, put me in the camp of still being pretty into it. I wanna see a stream to get a better sense of gameplay/callouts, but I think this one looks fun. I am also newer to the hobby so less exposure to recycled layouts, and I like ramps and flow. Integrated lights look cool, extra multiball/magnet spinner, extra loop ramp on Premium seem appealing to me as far as add-ons. Could there be more songs? Sure. But I skip a couple on Maiden usually anyway, and no way do I need all 21 that are on GnR.

As far as the cab art, I agree it could be more cohesive with the playfield and that's kind of a whiff. But that big ass Zeppelin in black and white is pretty iconic and will stand out well in a garage setup (or just be sandwiched between other pins). I guess it'll be easier to get one if I decide gameplay looks good, so trending upward for me personally.

#1004 3 years ago

All good songs but would have liked to have misty mountain top and houses of the holy waiting game play video

#1005 3 years ago

For those liking the cabinet art on Pro better than the Premium, they did make this change on Metallica Premium as people weren't loving the Road Case. But those were different times in terms of production time and numbers.

#1006 3 years ago

Aerosmith 2.0
If its Steve Ritchie and Timmy Sexton stay the hell away. BKSOR has the weakest code and never got a real update.
This game looks as bare as possible. I feel bad for all the LZ fans that waited for this.. prob feel like i did when i bought the BKSORLE.

#1007 3 years ago

Icarus on a stick ?

#1008 3 years ago

I assume they blew the bulk of the budget on licensing ?

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

In terms of (relatively) newer bands, Radiohead would translate to pinball pretty well I think...

I’d buy a Radiohead pin immediately! Would go great next to my Radiohead tattoos. But then I’d have to play shirtless.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I assume they blew the bulk of the budget on licensing ?

Yes like Star Wars.

#1011 3 years ago

and SW turned into a fantasic pin

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

and SW turned into a fantasic pin

I will agree somewhat.

#1013 3 years ago

They should have just themed it for what it is.

81YHQH9a8ZL._SX466_ (resized).jpg81YHQH9a8ZL._SX466_ (resized).jpg
#1014 3 years ago

"Only 500 Limited Edition games will be made for sale throughout the world. This limited version includes an exclusive Icarus themed full color mirrored backglass, exclusive custom themed cabinet artwork, custom high gloss Paradise Shimmer Blue powder-coated armor, a custom autographed bottom arch, exclusive custom art blades, upgraded audio system, anti-reflection pinball glass, a shaker motor, and a sequentially numbered plaque."

Whose autograph is on the LE ?

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Usually the designer.

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Steve Ritchie

LedZeppelin-LE-Details-Strobe-04-768x512 (resized).jpgLedZeppelin-LE-Details-Strobe-04-768x512 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1017 3 years ago

The response has been very big. There are people who love this band and it will probably be the only pin in the household. It's nice to see enthusiasm come from other areas. Phone has been ringing all day.

#1018 3 years ago

I couldn’t imagine basing my opinion of whether to get a pin or not based off of a 50 second video lol . Like SW , I think this will grow on people . I expect it will be fairly deep .

#1019 3 years ago

Not sure if anyone has taken the time to read through this but the coding sounds a bit different for a music pin.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/led-zeppelin-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

Phone has been ringing all day.

People wanting their deposits back?

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

"Only 500 Limited Edition games will be made for sale throughout the world. This limited version includes an exclusive Icarus themed full color mirrored backglass, exclusive custom themed cabinet artwork, custom high gloss Paradise Shimmer Blue powder-coated armor, a custom autographed bottom arch, exclusive custom art blades, upgraded audio system, anti-reflection pinball glass, a shaker motor, and a sequentially numbered plaque."

Just Steve Ritchie.

I liked on Elvira HOH LE/SLE they had 4 people sign it (designer, artist, coder, lead engineer).

#1022 3 years ago

Can we at least get some game play before you all condemn? I am comparing this to ehoh at first glance, ehoh seemed so barren on bottom end I passed on nib. After watching it play and code progress I bought and will be here a long time. Give it a chance

#1023 3 years ago

People excited to order this pin. I like that .

#1024 3 years ago

I like Steve and his machines a lot, but his autograph doesn't move the needle for me.,
This game is gonna be great.
Can't wait to play it.

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

OMG. I am speechless. This is atrocious. So, let me get this straight: Stern pays LZ $700-900k to LZ for the following items: 10-12 images from albums (hindenburg, artist images, icarus, and the funny crazy art package), 10 songs, and rights to images on animations. Led Zeppelin takes the check, and sends the IP to Stern, who then simply slaps the predetermined items onto the playfields and cabinets, which were already pre approved. Then they use SR's completed whitewood and implement the art quickly and easily. This is amazing.
Did Steve Ritchie even make a shallow attempt to integrate the theme here? Did Steve Ritchie have this game in his back pocket ready to launch, and just slap LZ IP on it and sell it? this looks like another SR game with a perfect fan layout same depth shot pattern, little to no design effort on tuning the shots in the game, and very little R and D to get the game shooting right, because its pretty much already been done many times. what a shame. do better Stern!! I hope SR is done after this. this is getting ridiculous. his time has come. Two of the biggest IPs in history of pinball (star wars and Led) are now immortalized by two of the most uninspired designs in pinball history since the year 2000. What a shame. SW and LZ deserved better representations of their band in Pinball, like metallica and ACDC. This can't happen.
Hey guys, at least we can count on Borg and Elwin to bring it on the next titles. SR needs to have a seat and watch Elwin and Borg build the company every year.

Asinine post.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wonder how long ago Stern started planning the side rail lights. Just interesting GNR and LZ have a similar feature in such a short time span. I would think Stern was working on it before the GNR reveal, but it'd be funny if they spent the last two months cramming it in there.

I suspect that all the manufacturers have been kicking around ideas for stadium mounted lights for several years especially with Pin Stadiums gaining popularity, showing up on streams and PAPA, etc. As has been pointed out Spooky did them with AMH years ago, taking it to the next level with colors and fully integrated into code is a natural progression. I look forward to seeing this in action in person.

#1027 3 years ago

OMG. I am speechless. This is atrocious. So, let me get this straight: Stern pays LZ $700-900k to LZ for the following items: 10-12 images from albums (hindenburg, artist images, icarus, and the funny crazy art package), 10 songs, and rights to images on animations. Led Zeppelin takes the check, and sends the IP to Stern, who then simply slaps the predetermined items onto the playfields and cabinets, which were already pre approved. Then they use SR's completed whitewood and implement the art quickly and easily. This is amazing.
Did Steve Ritchie even make a shallow attempt to integrate the theme here? Did Steve Ritchie have this game in his back pocket ready to launch, and just slap LZ IP on it and sell it? this looks like another SR game with a perfect fan layout same depth shot pattern, little to no design effort on tuning the shots in the game, and very little R and D to get the game shooting right, because its pretty much already been done many times. what a shame. do better Stern!! I hope SR is done after this. this is getting ridiculous. his time has come. Two of the biggest IPs in history of pinball (star wars and Led) are now immortalized by two of the most uninspired designs in pinball history since the year 2000. What a shame. SW and LZ deserved better representations of their band in Pinball, like metallica and ACDC. This can't happen.
Hey guys, at least we can count on Borg and Elwin to bring it on the next titles. SR needs to have a seat and watch Elwin and Borg build the company every year.

Amen all damn day. What did SR get paid for the 30 minutes this took?

#1028 3 years ago

Hard plunge to "Hot Shot" reversing ramp to the right flipper?
Or hard plunge to "L-E-D" stand-ups just below the Hot Shot entrance?

#1029 3 years ago

Better off releasing Fathom again and crank up some zeppelin while playing it , or anything else for that matter. This was a let down for me I guess I will keep my deposit for GNR..

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Amen all damn day. What did SR get paid for the 30 minutes this took?

Double asinine post.

#1031 3 years ago

Something that I haven't seen brought up yet:

"Exclusive Brendon Small character speech"

Sounds like he's a comedian/musician known for Dethklok. Could be interesting.

#1032 3 years ago

I bet it will be fun code dependent, but damn thats the worst art since GOT

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1033 3 years ago

What is asinine about the post? All I am saying is that Led Zep gave them 10 songs, and a few small elements of their IP for the license fee. Stern literally got a small handful of items for the license fee. and you can bet they paid alot for the license. the obvious low bom on this game speaks to my point. in any case SR just mailed this design in...very little effort on a simple five shot layout.

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure if anyone has taken the time to read through this but the coding sounds a bit different for a music pin.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/led-zeppelin-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

I read it, and one thing leaped right out at me.....

IT PLAYS THE SONGS IN THE ORDER OF THE LIST ON THE BACK PANEL

Woof! Hope everyone likes hearing "Good times Bad Times" about a MILLION times. Have they learned nothing from "Ok who brought the dog?" and the mistakes of linear mode play? Switch the song order up with some switch hits or allow player to select.

Repetitive play is stagnant play IMO.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Steve Ritchie[quoted image]

Anyone else wonder why they hand designers a heavily used Sharpie that was found at the bottom of a toolbox, to sign these aprons?

#1036 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

People wanting their deposits back?

Dude that was cold!

#1037 3 years ago

So this turned out more or less how I expected: a Zeppelin game on a budget.

No Stairway. No Dazed and Confused. No art from Led Zeppelin II, IV or Physical Graffiti. Albums 1 and 3 are good, but 3 certainly isn't considered iconic like those others. Hell, doesn't look like much custom art at all, just a photoshop collage of Zeppelin assets. Only 10 musical tracks total. *NOTHING* custom developed for this theme, instead we get a recycled leaper toy from Elvis. What exactly about the angle dude says "Jump?!" It's like they realized the pro was completely barren, so Steve recycled something easy just so there could be a Zeppelin-themed sculpt somewhere. Oh, a plastic blimp as well.

Can't say I'm really disappointed, because after BK:SOR I definitely wasn't expecting much. It'll be fun enough to play on location as I save up for KME #4 but I doubt I ever buy one unless the code is incredible.

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Woof! Hope everyone likes hearing "Good times Bad Times" about a MILLION times. Have they learned nothing from "Ok who brought the dog?" and the mistakes of linear mode play? Switch the song order up with some switch hits or allow player to select.
[quoted image]

I've seen that contradicted and that you can select the song at the start of each ball just like AC/DC. Guess we'll know for sure pretty soon.

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Aerosmith 2.0
If its Steve Ritchie and Timmy Sexton stay the hell away. BKSOR has the weakest code and never got a real update.
This game looks as bare as possible. I feel bad for all the LZ fans that waited for this.. prob feel like i did when i bought the BKSORLE.

nonsense.

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

He did the voice for Sparky on Metallica and the Aerosmith jacky characters..

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

[quoted image]

Watch the accessories video, I think your wrong. Song selection appears on the lcd as a juke box flipping through the songs with respective album art. Looks good IMO.

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

He's been doing voice callouts for Stern for years. Sometimes additional music like BK SOR

#1043 3 years ago

What is asinine about the post? All I am saying is that Led Zep gave them 10 songs, and a few small elements of their IP for the license fee. Stern literally got a small handful of items for the license fee. and you can bet they paid alot for the license. the obvious low bom on this game speaks to my point. in any case SR just mailed this design in...very little effort on a simple five shot layout.

Well, everything you're posting. Now, there are a couple of things I can do to help you understand the word "asinine".

A: I can type slower.

B: I can write it in crayon and upload a picture for you.

So you choose. A, or B.

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Problem with all those high res photos from the last page is that you can zoom in on them. First pic from the Prem. Second from the Pro. Minor stuff, but still crazy that they can't 100% fix the issues... and these are the PF's chosen for marketing.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nobody can complain when they get their games, it's *exactly* like it was shown on the brochure...

#1045 3 years ago

folks - do we really need to get personal on this, sure if you don't like the game or Stern the company say why but too much personal bs on Steve and Tim and the rest of the Stern team, they are good people and you guys do us pinsiders no great help in getting personal.

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Just Steve Ritchie.
I liked on Elvira HOH LE/SLE they had 4 people sign it (designer, artist, coder, lead engineer).

Quoted from Napoleon:

Double asinine post.

If you keep saying it it could be true

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Watch the accessories video, I think your wrong. Song selection appears on the lcd as a juke box flipping through the songs with respective album art. Looks good IMO.

I think the article is showing that, IF you finish the song you selected to start or triggered for a mode, then it goes to the next one in sequence. But yeah, you can select song at the start.

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

[quoted image]

Not correct you can select the song per ball.

#1050 3 years ago

steve ritchie has destroyed his life's work, what were those days when he designed the terminator

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,699 (OBO)
5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 65.99
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/21?hl=pinballalley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.