E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 68.
#851 3 years ago

Can we give a little love to the built in staduim lighting? I'm guessing that's going to be stock from now on? Was it in all three versions or just Premium and LE?

#852 3 years ago

I missed the pictures of the add-on shooter. Anyone have one to post here?

#853 3 years ago

for those of you NOT in the hobby far back enough to have witnessed the Angus' Face debacle when AC/DC was revealed: everyone hated it, no one was buying it, yet it went on to be one of Stern's best sellers and considered one of their most classic games of all time. For those of you that WERE in the hobby far back enough to witness that: remember when that happened??

#854 3 years ago

Limited Edition paid in full. Can't wait.

#855 3 years ago

I just hope more people compare it to GNR.

Legit greatest hard rock band of all time vs an Aerosmith wanna be that started as a hair band in the late 80s.

makes sense kind of because GNR the pin is all about bling etc and Im sure LZ will play miles better.

#856 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

Can we give a little love to the built in staduim lighting? I'm guessing that's going to be stock from now on? Was it in all three versions or just Premium and LE?

Just Prem & LE.

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It's a new pin for fuck sake! Try and have fun once in awhile

Potential $10k purchase. Potential buyers are allowed to express their first impressions and critique.

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Song Progression
Your progress through songs is something unique and something never done in a music game. Each song is divided into “sections” (verse, chorus, solo, bridge, etc.) and each of those sections have their own rules to show which shots are available. If you “finish” a song, it will automatically transition to the next song.
This sounds pretty cool.

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Sounds exactly like GnR and not unique at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope there's 47 add-a-balls to get us through.

#859 3 years ago

I think the game looks fun! I am excited to try the disappearing spinner/ball lock.

*sarcastically* I wonder if they got the powder coating BOM mixed between the Avengers IQ LE and the LZ LE

However, I suspect, just like AIQ the LE is going to look much better in person than in the photos.

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Is there a magnet in the middle of the pops?

Yes

#861 3 years ago

Are we sure the LE isn’t just a Robert Plant pin

5EBD3E3E-7904-4CF3-9FF3-3F3F29226BE4 (resized).jpeg5EBD3E3E-7904-4CF3-9FF3-3F3F29226BE4 (resized).jpeg
#862 3 years ago

That LE art package though.... Perfect color scheme for a beach boys pin

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

For those of you that WERE in the hobby far back enough to witness that: remember when that happened??

Not to mention the merciless bashing of STLE when it came out and now it is considered a truly feature rich LE and great playing game that has held its value very well. I remember the trolls saying it would be $5000 on the secondary market within six months haha!

#864 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If I ever play it, I’ll prob think it’s super fun...maybe even great.

That's how Steve Ritchie games creep in, because they are good shooters. Everyone poo poo's at reveals only to see the light years later. Star Wars and GOT are prime examples of Steve's sleeper games. Watch out haters-the Ritchie bug could come back to bite you later-just sayin Damn that crow taste good

#865 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

for those of you NOT in the hobby far back enough to have witnessed the Angus' Face debacle when AC/DC was revealed: everyone hated it, no one was buying it, yet it went on to be one of Stern's best sellers and considered one of their most classic games of all time. For those of you that WERE in the hobby far back enough to witness that: remember when that happened??

Oh yeah, I think i'd rather go back and buy Ac/dc again. Dropping my LE order. I've never done that before!

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So you changed your order to the blandest cabinet/translite package ever made? Weird.

I think he’s just saying it’s easier to look at and live with?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#867 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The artwork on both cabinets are what I'd expect to see on a homebrew or re-skinned, Led Zep game.
Fuh-gly.

I like the art on two of the three games #3 does fit in the Fuh-gly category

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

It’s still fugly!

#869 3 years ago

I gotta say, the Pro seems extremely barren, no mechs beyond the baseline at all, perhaps the most barren design since Rolling Stones. I imagine licensing ate up most of the money on this one?

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

You're right about the hate at first but the 2 LE models.. especially the BACK IN BLACK were gorgeous and it was heavy AC/DC theme.. you had a bell, the cannon, the train, and decals were not cheap like this game.. much better thought out..

#871 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh yeah, I think i'd rather go back and buy Ac/dc again. Dropping my LE order. I've never done that before!

damn now that says something. Flop. Reminds me of Star Wars was so pumped then like ok uhm nah.

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I dunno... I am sure it will play great.

And there are certainly no lack of LZ fans in the world where 500 pins isnt allot.

I still think it will be one of the more sought after LEs all time just on the license appeal alone, I dont have one on order but if I did I would hang in there on it.

#873 3 years ago

Is that a couple of dents in the front of the blimp?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#874 3 years ago

Mirrored glass does look sharp in the high res photos.

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I just hope more people compare it to GNR.
Legit greatest hard rock band of all time vs an Aerosmith wanna be that started as a hair band in the late 80s.
makes sense kind of because GNR the pin is all about bling etc and Im sure LZ will play miles better.

Be careful what you ask for!We’re not comparing the bands here Zeppelin wins hand down we’re comparing the pinball machines dedicated to them.

#876 3 years ago

I like it. Three flipper SR layout has to be good. Art is a bit hit and miss but overall good. LE is absolutely glorious lol.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That's how Steve Ritchie games creep in, because they are good shooters. Everyone poo poo's at reveals only to see the light years later. Star Wars and GOT are prime examples of Steve's sleeper games. Watch out haters-the Ritchie bug could come back to bite you later-just sayin Damn that crow taste good

Sometimes true. I passed on AC/DC at reveal, but then bought a Prem after I played it. Even though Photoshop, there’s a level of visual cohesiveness to it. It’s inoffensive to the eyes. I enjoy GOT on location, but it’s got a visual level of lazy/ugly that makes me never want to buy or own it. Star Wars looks better now that there’s the comic book version, but I hate the rules. Complex math chess is the last thing I want on a fast Ritchie game.

Art on the Zep playfield isn’t bad. Inoffensive. However those Pro & Prem cabs. Woof. I’d never buy the games based on how lazy/ugly they look. Even if I think it’s fun, it won’t be LE-price fun. So, for me, this will purely be a location game...if locations still exist when we start going out again.

#878 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Be careful what you ask for!We’re not comparing the bands here Zeppelin wins hand down we’re comparing the pinball machines dedicated to them.

I did that also... GNR doesnt play that great but has all kinds of bling and lights etc etc

I am sure LZ will be the opposite and for those of us that play them and dont obsess over bling and all the trim crap that matters.

#879 3 years ago

I've passed on LE in past too.. but I usually just get the Premium instead.. not on this one for now..

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

I gotta say, the Pro seems extremely barren, no mechs beyond the baseline at all, perhaps the most barren design since Rolling Stones. I imagine licensing ate up most of the money on this one?

Ritchie rarely does much in the way of mechs/toys. His “toys” are ramps/speed/combos/flow.

#881 3 years ago

I don't think the art on any of them is bad, and who sees it when it's tucked between two machines anyway. Tempted to upgrade to a premium from the pro, but not sure the spinner/magnet is worth it.

#882 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even if I think it’s fun, it won’t be LE-price fun

I hear ya, I drew a line in the sand at $8000 but am making an exception because there really aren't any other themes or current games that interest me. Themes are starting to get slim pickings on what I can relate to, find myself starting to look for older titles again. Also still a little hesitant on Spike especially without Chas around. Crossing fingers

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#883 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Pro or bust for me depending on how the rules are. I think it has the strongest art package, and I'm just not seeing the value in the higher models with the pop up spinner lock/extra multiball. I think all models should be fun to shoot but it's going to come down to rule-set for me. It's about what I expected from a Steve Ritchie game. Solid and fun to shoot, yet unspectacular in artwork and innovation.

I didn't think that the designer had that much say in the artwork, but considering the artwork that Ritchie pins have had over the years, I am starting to second guess that. Can it really be just coincidence that the artwork on his pins is almost always unspectacular?

#884 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...those Pro & Prem cabs. Woof. I’d never buy the games based on how lazy/ugly they look.

I can't help but think that budget was a factor here but I would rather have the art down-the-middle like this versus rolling the dice on something hand-drawn that would visually pull me out of the era. The art of Aerosmith didn't feel like it had the right tone for me. It was kinda goofy. So, with that in mind, I'm fine with graphic design on the playfield and the iconic art of the album covers.

#885 3 years ago

Those expecting or wanting a more "packed" playfield don't know or like Steve Ritchie games. Looks like it will have good flow. This is not a design which "code can't save" (like WWF or, IMO, Turtles or Houdini). Ritchie has never been the guy to use a packed PF. Loops, ramps, targets, holes. Here, we have a side flipper, too.

#886 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

game of thrones and Star Wars are way more barren with far less to shoot at.

#887 3 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

How in the Actual F is the LE not the Stairway to Heaven Model? And how is that song not the wizard mode, or in the freaking game.

How do you know it's not the wizard mode or in the game? Was it known that End of the Line was in Metallica for the Wizard Mode before any gameplay video was released?

#888 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Those expecting or wanting a more "packed" playfield don't know or like Steve Ritchie games. Looks like it will have good flow. This is not a design which "code can't save" (like WWF or, IMO, Turtles or Houdini). Ritchie has never been the guy to use a packed PF. Loops, ramps, targets, holes. Here, we have a side flipper, too.

I thinks there is a ton of shit to shoot at on this game.

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I had the same thought - ac/dc looks like the better pin

#890 3 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

How do you know it's not the wizard mode or in the game? Was it known that End of the Line was in Metallica for the Wizard Mode before any gameplay video was released?

Very true and I’m hoping for this given there are 3 wizard modes.

On Kaneda’s Facebook stream where the 10 songs was announced early this am someone said the ocean and stairway along with most of the 10 we know.

#891 3 years ago

- I really dig the layout (reminds me of T3 with the multiple metal ramps and wireforms)
- Art seems okay, but like all Sterns, "It will look better in person."
- Code will make or break the game and might depend which Tim Sexton we get... will we get the 'good enough and I'm done' Tim Sexton or the 'throw everything and the kitchen sink into the game' Tim Sexton
- Clearcoat issues, even in the trailer game, continue

Looks like a super fun shooter. I'm probably in after a few months of seeing where the game sits with code, quality issues, etc.

#892 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Those expecting or wanting a more "packed" playfield don't know or like Steve Ritchie games. Looks like it will have good flow. This is not a design which "code can't save"

Sometimes I say less is more and get thumbs downed for it, the wide open playfields make for great shooters and tend to be my favorite style pf. Had an Airborne for a couple of months and could not wait to get it out of my house. It was the exact opposite with the front bank being inches from the flippers dead center. I need me some flow not brick city

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Pro looks like later Beatles, no?
I prefer premium, but something is off.

obviously you are not a fan

Unknown-2 (resized).jpegUnknown-2 (resized).jpeg
#894 3 years ago

Main shot from upper flipper is a piston target?
Please tell me that's wrong.
And where's the gameplay teaser clip of the models?

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Congrats to the LZ fans for getting a pin!
I hope you guys love it! This is a hard pass for me, but I'll be supporting the pin by buying what someone sells to make room.
Enjoy your fun!
Positives: Steve Ritchie! New Lighting!
Negatives: Art...art...art... art...

I am buying the game but this made me smile lol

#896 3 years ago

If there is anything encouraging about this, they can shift production back to some of the other games on back order. I like some of the features of the premium and now that Stern is capable of doing some of that, it can now go into other future machines.

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Main shot from upper flipper is a piston target?
Please tell me that's wrong.
And where's the gameplay teaser clip of the models?

The third flipper is pointless on the pro. I can't believe SR passed up on a classic loop like he's known for. Seems pretty underwhelming considering the third flipper on Avengers and all that can be hit with that set up.

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

obviously you are not a fan
[quoted image]

Album covers don't always make good pin art...but it's also the absolute stark contrast in styles between the playfield & cab. Totally different style, totally different logo. As an art package, they just flat out don't match.

#899 3 years ago

I feel like if it had Stairway to Heaven then they would advertise having it.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I didn't think that the designer had that much say in the artwork, but considering the artwork that Ritchie pins have had over the years, I am starting to second guess that. Can it really be just coincidence that the artwork on his pins is almost always unspectacular?

It's under his direction. You can "blame the licensor", but you can still have an eye for detail & guide your artists to do something nice within licensor guidelines.

I once heard a story about Ritchie telling Borg he was nuts for using Dirty Donny for Metallica...no one would want that type of art on a MANLY METAL game....and that's why they did the Photoshop "Roadcase" Premium. Met paved the way for a new and exciting pinball art era for Stern...not sure why Steve never got on board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/18?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.