E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 68.
#801 3 years ago

I'm sure it will be fast and fun to play...but the cab artwork is a huge letdown IMO. But I'm betting once you are playing it, you won't give a crap lol
But I also agree it feels empty...and I hated that about Star Wars too. Definitely not an instant buy for me...I'd have to play it first to even consider buying, especially at these prices...

#802 3 years ago

Looks empty and relatively life-less. Seems like they spent so much money on the license that there was nothing left for the actual innovation in the game. Glad JJP was lucky enough to get GnR to give it the proper respect it deserves. I wanted to love this pin, and was hoping for something at least as good as Stern JP given the big license. Guess at some point I'll play it and have a better opinion, but really bummed by what I'm seeing. I would be embarrassed to put this next to my GnR. It could go next to my Metallica, but that's kind of sad to say since Metallica is a lot older and shouldn't look like the same level of quality at the prices being charged today.

#803 3 years ago

Pro fo sho. The naked winged guy is all over the playfield, toys, plastics. Do you really need him on the LE backglass as well?!?!

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Looks empty and relatively life-less. Seems like they spent so much money on the license that there was nothing left for the actual innovation in the game. Glad JJP was lucky enough to get GnR to give it the proper respect it deserves. I wanted to love this pin, and was hoping for something at least as good as Stern JP given the big license. Guess at some point I'll play it and have a better opinion, but really bummed by what I'm seeing. I would be embarrassed to put this next to my GnR. It could go next to my Metallica, but that's kind of sad to say since Metallica is a lot older and shouldn't look like the same level of quality at the prices being charged today.

Hype is over. Not impressed. Terrible art man dang.

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone else they think the side lights look like Pingraffix Power Blades? If not, certainly that can be replicated pretty easily...

No it can not. Its integrated with songs just like GnR that everyone loves

#806 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone else they think the side lights look like Pingraffix Power Blades? If not, certainly that can be replicated pretty easily...

It kind of looks like the blades have a removable panel to access the bulbs I would assume. I think I saw a seam and some screws in the video.

#807 3 years ago

The artwork I did in high school on my 3 ring binder looked better then the L.E.
The Premium NAILED it!

#808 3 years ago

For the shots I kind of get an Avengers IQ premium meets ACDC vibe.

#809 3 years ago

They should have put the angel guy on there more. And made it oranger.

#810 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

The naked winged guy is all over the playfield

Why do I get the feeling the majority of people with negative comments really do not listen to Zeppelin and are throwing darts in the dark.

#812 3 years ago

I find it odd that we don’t see much (or any?) of the double neck guitar.

#813 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Why do I get the feeling the majority of people with negative comments really do not listen to Zeppelin and are throwing darts in the dark.

I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan. I love the Pro art. What about my comment makes you think I do not listen to Led Zeppelin?

#814 3 years ago

Wow!! What shit... enjoy LE owners!!

#815 3 years ago

Well I did say, LZ Album art through the early times wasn't great.
To put it on the Pin was a mistake.

Art Deco Mothership with the symbols would have been killer for the LE!

1200px-Zoso.svg (resized).png1200px-Zoso.svg (resized).pngmothership (resized).jpgmothership (resized).jpg
#816 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

True. The "winged guy" WAS Led Zeppelin back in the day, had a decal of Icarus on the rear window of my '69 Road Runner. As far as the art goes, LZ III is an iconic album cover and very polarizing and argued over back then as well. I think the market for alt translates for the Prem is going to be brisk. Personally I love the LE art, but hey blue is my favorite color. Peace

#817 3 years ago

Gosh.. this so far is a BIG disappointment.. I wasnt expecting the detail of GNR.. bug dang blimps/naked wingman EVERYWHERE.. strange colors..
And just really looks CHEAP.. all the time they put into getting and making this game and feels like I just picked up a candy wrapper, but there no candy bar inside..
ST LE, MET PRO, LOTR, even AC/DC so MUCH MORE THEME integrated and complete.. Sparky bash toy 10 x better than disappearing spinner clunker

#818 3 years ago
DD.gifDD.gif
#819 3 years ago

just catching up here.

wow - the LE is absolutely hideous. I always thought there wasn't enough naked angel dude on my pinball machines. Thanks Stern for fixing that.

Prem art I actually like the blimp but the same throughout? lazy

Pro is the best but that really does remind me of bugs. Not saying much. Art is an absolute mess.

Layout looks whatever - prem/LE doesn't appear to be worth it with pro being my choice without actually seeing the game.

No stairway btw? wow.

#820 3 years ago

Pass for me. Hope it works out for buyers.

#821 3 years ago

Problem with all those high res photos from the last page is that you can zoom in on them. First pic from the Prem. Second from the Pro. Minor stuff, but still crazy that they can't 100% fix the issues... and these are the PF's chosen for marketing.

Ruh Row (resized).pngRuh Row (resized).png
Not again (resized).pngNot again (resized).png

#822 3 years ago

How in the Actual F is the LE not the Stairway to Heaven Model? And how is that song not the wizard mode, or in the freaking game. Thanks Stern for saving me 7600 in January. I bought TMNT Premium and AIQ Premium, I was excited about LZ....too ugly and a big miss based on this reveal. YMMV. Ill put a few bucks in it at the local barcade after covid

#823 3 years ago

This game is going to be great for someone....but that person is not me.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from Percula:

The armor color is not the best choice .

I've already messaged Robert stone about any ideas he's had on changing color. He might be pretty busy with changing the le colors

#825 3 years ago

I can see why it took the 3 years and went over budget. Very impressive Stern.

#826 3 years ago

Note to self: Don't go on Pinside if you want to remain excited about a new game you're getting.

#827 3 years ago

Mentioned above as I was posting but that’s not good.

4396D2DE-CFF0-4515-89AD-59AC313CB52D (resized).jpeg4396D2DE-CFF0-4515-89AD-59AC313CB52D (resized).jpeg
#828 3 years ago

I just changed my LE order to a premium. Just couldn’t handle the color of the trim and the overall art package on LE.

Sure you could have the trim powder coated in a different color but that still doesn’t change the whole overall art package. It’s really kind of bland and basic for an LE.

#829 3 years ago

good try stern.

C852D274-4B1C-4B87-9E5A-ADF3DF9E5D65 (resized).jpegC852D274-4B1C-4B87-9E5A-ADF3DF9E5D65 (resized).jpeg
#830 3 years ago

I LOOK for reasons to get excited about new things to waste money on. I love LZ even though it's a little before my time. I don't care at all if it's JJP or Stern if a machine is cool. Having said that, I can't justify even considering buying this. Maybe I can talk myself into a Premium at some point if the code turns out to be amazing? Maybe? I feel bad for the folks that have waited forever for this theme. Sucks when you finally get a pin with a dream theme and it turns out meh.

#831 3 years ago

Excited for the pin with implenting a lot of innovation in this game. Super flowy gameplay, lighting system synched with the game, rule set. Very excited despite art not being the best.

#832 3 years ago

Pro or bust for me depending on how the rules are. I think it has the strongest art package, and I'm just not seeing the value in the higher models with the pop up spinner lock/extra multiball. I think all models should be fun to shoot but it's going to come down to rule-set for me. It's about what I expected from a Steve Ritchie game. Solid and fun to shoot, yet unspectacular in artwork and innovation.

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Note to self: Don't go on Pinside if you want to remain excited about a new game you're getting.

I have learned from previous reveals to take it with a grain of salt, I love it and it looks awesome. I have different taste than most and it's all good. Cheers

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I just changed my LE order to a premium. Just couldn’t handle the color of the trim and the overall art package on LE. It’s really kind of bland and basic for an LE.

So you changed your order to the blandest cabinet/translite package ever made? Weird.

#835 3 years ago

I like games where I like the pro the best... much cheaper that way.

#836 3 years ago

before you start hearing the same, it's not the ol pinside is negative about ever new games coming out. Avengers - positive. TMNT - huge pop. JP - positive (art aside). List goes on.

This game is just disappointing (from a introduction standpoint). Even die hard LZ can't be happy with this. I wish my eyes could unsee that LE btw. Damn. Look forward to seeing it play but layout looks, well, blah. Not the worst but I'm spoiled by Keith and others at this point. Can't believe no Stairway. It has to be in there for a wizard mode.....

Topper looks cool - can only imagine how much the will charge.

back to work!

#837 3 years ago

Oh, the humanity, and all the pinsiders screaming around here!

#838 3 years ago

I really like the art on the Pro. Reminds me of the psychedelic album art of my youth. Extremely 70's.

Like someone else said, looks like the shots are ACDC meets AIQ. And, for me, it all comes down to the shots.

I have lots to play at home already, so I'm not in a rush...but I think I see a Pro in my future

Anybody heard of a JD stream coming? Apologies if I missed it.

#839 3 years ago

Is there a magnet in the middle of the pops?

#840 3 years ago

I like how everyone waits in anticipation for a new pin release, and then just vomit all the same complaints as the last 10 releases.

It's a new pin for fuck sake! Try and have fun once in awhile!

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Anybody heard of a JD stream coming? Apologies if I missed it.

I think he said the reveal stream will be on Facebook, not Twitch. Edit: Verified, per Jack Danger's Facebook post below:

New pinball machine day!!
Just wanna get ahead of this and let you know we’re going to stream this new pin on Facebook. (Announcement date/time coming soon from stern) This will not be streamed on Twitch.
Now, Facebook is notorious for shutting a stream down LIVE when they hear copyrighted content. (And I’m kinda feeling this is gonna happen since the reveal vid just now has been muted by FB) We will then shuffle over to YouTube if need be and cross our fingers.
Then after that we’ll try insta live.
Then periscope.
Then I’ll mail individual screenshots to you.
That or I can just make the audio sound quality poor enough to not trigger the bots, and deal with the massive troll influx saying the game sounds terrible on stream.

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Song Progression
Your progress through songs is something unique and something never done in a music game. Each song is divided into “sections” (verse, chorus, solo, bridge, etc.) and each of those sections have their own rules to show which shots are available. If you “finish” a song, it will automatically transition to the next song.
This sounds pretty cool.

Sounds exactly like GnR and not unique at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Gosh.. this so far is a BIG disappointment.. I wasnt expecting the detail of GNR.. bug dang blimps/naked wingman EVERYWHERE.. strange colors..
And just really looks CHEAP.. all the time they put into getting and making this game and feels like I just picked up a candy wrapper, but there no candy bar inside..
ST LE, MET PRO, LOTR, even AC/DC so MUCH MORE THEME integrated and complete.. Sparky bash toy 10 x better than disappearing spinner clunker

I'm with you. The LE artwork might not be as bad as GOT but that color combo is awful. I like the PRO much better.

Yikes.

#844 3 years ago

I’m still trying to understand how now stairway to heaven anywhere?

Imagine GNR with no welcome to the jungle, that’s right you just can’t.

I f’ing hoping stairway or a snippet of stairway is in there somewhere.

#845 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can't help wishing this layout was on GnR, for the best of both worlds.
Happy with a pro, as looks like it will play fast, and be pure adrenalin.

And the art package is far better than the LE

#846 3 years ago

Well, it’s the typical Ritchie reveal. Looks bare, art is horrible Photoshop drag & drop. Been there, done that, so not shocked. Elvis, 24, AC/DC (remember the FACE?), ST, GOT, SW....c’mon, that’s just how he rolls.

If I ever play it, I’ll prob think it’s super fun...maybe even great.

Who knows!

Enjoy Zep fans, hype-addict NIBNEWBS, & FOMO guinea pigs!!!

#847 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

before you start hearing the same, it's not the ol pinside is negative about ever new games coming out. Avengers - positive. TMNT - huge pop. JP - positive (art aside). List goes on.
This game is just disappointing. Even die hard LZ can't be happy with this. I wish my eyes could unsee that LE btw. Damn. Look forward to seeing it play but layout looks, well, blah. Not the worst but I'm spoiled by Keith and others at this point.
back to work!

But I AM happy with it. YOU aren't. And people were ripping on all those other games you listed as well. Sorry you can't see the other side of it. And btw...Stranger Things is STILL awesome.

#848 3 years ago

All im seeing is a fast looking game with 10 killer songs plus probably 3 wizard mode songs, no filler tracks like all the other music pins. I cant wait for my Pro to show up!

#849 3 years ago

Man this thing is Fugly. All 3. But yeah the LE artwork and trim is the worst. It's so bad they must have intentionally sat around figuring out ways to make it ugly.

#850 3 years ago

Soooo....I hope ya’ll can get your deposits back

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.99
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.