E3D0CAEE-54C1-41E9-991D-BE66A321C2C3 (resized).jpeg
8497D55C-6BA0-4C0A-9ACA-19CEBF6CAAD4 (resized).jpeg
EDB0F7CA-DA5B-4369-A1BB-3A93C36DD9C0 (resized).jpeg
tenor.gif
Overpriced (resized).jpeg
GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
Screenshot_20210119-182404_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
87E22D65-9A92-4178-9A17-5931CE5DA473.png
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 68.
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I doubt the LE will have a topper included, BM66 LE/SLE were the only time that was done and those weren't cornerstone games. The LEs will likely be autographed by the designer (Ritchie) and have a certificate signed by Gary Stern. Everyone pretty much expects a mirrored back glass, HD glass over the playfield, powder coating, upgraded speakers, and an exclusive art package. My guess is it will be 500 based on recent LEs although they did go up to 800 on SW and eventually sold them all. LE sales are based at least in part on FOMO so the larger the number the lower the incentive to buy. As for how many LEs can be produced and still call it an LE, I think JJP is pretty much pushed the upper limit of that at 5000. That said GNR CE is version that was really limited and they kept that at 500 despite high demand.

So if it is designers autographs and not bands, I don’t see why not bump the number. If it was Sir Robert Plant- “please sir, we need another 500 signatures”- no chance..

#452 3 years ago

I think the licensor sometimes gets a say in this too.

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It is my understanding (at least with my distributor) that deposits are non-refundable especially after the details of the game are announced. This was done in response to people that were abusing the process by being in on every LE (sometimes multiple games and multiple distributors) - flipping the more desirable ones for a profit and just pulling out of the others and sticking the distributor with the stock to sell.

It should be non-refundable unless they dont deliver on ti,e...

If they say give me a deposit and then dont deliver the game on time they shouldnt be allowed to just hang on to your money.

They should have a "must deliver the game by" date...

This year people have thrown money down only to have their order punted for months when Stern short ships.

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

It should be non-refundable unless they dont deliver on ti,e...
If they say give me a deposit and then dont deliver the game on time they shouldnt be allowed to just hang on to your money.
They should have a "must deliver the game by" date...
This year people have thrown money down only to have their order punted for months when Stern short ships.

Agreed. I was stuck with a deposit on TMNT for 6 months due to them not shipping on time. It was brutal, especially when I was willing to switch over to another pin that was already in stock.

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It is my understanding (at least with my distributor) that deposits are non-refundable especially after the details of the game are announced. This was done in response to people that were abusing the process by being in on every LE (sometimes multiple games and multiple distributors) - flipping the more desirable ones for a profit and just pulling out of the others and sticking the distributor with the stock to sell.

Good to hear that. Crazy how fast these LE's sell for considering the markup.

#456 3 years ago

Wow..nothing but crickets!

#457 3 years ago

When is Stern doing their webinar for distributor's? Today or tomorrow?

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I thought it was today, I’m amazed there is no news today.

Seems like every other release I can remember there was all kinds of shit floating around in the days leading up.

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m going with 350 and if they truly are sold out I think it’s a lower number than usual.
My deposit was non refundable as of Friday.

Same price. Why would they do less? It’s not Elvira

At least 500, hopefully they didn’t pull the Munsters greed factor again and go 600 but I’d bet on that

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Same price. Why would they do less? It’s not Elvira
At least 500, hopefully they didn’t pull the Munsters greed factor again and go 600 but I’d bet on that

We were all just taking guesses, I really have no idea. I was speculating on the low end since there were reports they were all spoken for already.

#461 3 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

It is today

#462 3 years ago

What time?

#463 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#464 3 years ago

Don’t know that..

#465 3 years ago

I have not bought a new pin a several years but I am in with a deposit paid for an LZ LE. Behind Rush this is my favorite music theme for a pin. My hope is that we get a theme based on their prime of the early 1970s. Perhaps Bonzo's gong, like something similar to the Bell on AC/DC. Maybe even the Starship 747 could be included.

zep (resized).jpgzep (resized).jpg
#466 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

We were all just taking guesses, I really have no idea. I was speculating on the low end since there were reports they were all spoken for already.

Huge demand for music pins and LZ

Not long now

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#467 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Huge demand for music pins and LZ
Not long now

Can’t wait!

#468 3 years ago

I was told that the distributor's meeting is @5am PT on Tuesday.

#469 3 years ago

Walking in the pinside just the other day baby, whaddya, whadda think I saw?

Lots of people sitting on their hands waiting for some LZ photos, say hey boy do you want to score (an LE)?

Just then a distro man stepped up to me and said hey pinhead would you care to get line, get in line

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

I have not bought a new pin a several years but I am in with a deposit paid for an LZ LE. Behind Rush this is my favorite music theme for a pin. My hope is that we get a theme based on their prime of the early 1970s. Perhaps Bonzo's gong, like something similar to the Bell on AC/DC. Maybe even the Starship 747 could be included.[quoted image]

Boeing 720 actually. Sorry I'm an aircraft nazi

#471 3 years ago

Yep looks like no leaks today..webinar is tomorrow AM

#472 3 years ago

For those who already ordered site unseen hope you like it. I still don’t understand paying that much and no clue if it will look good let alone play good. I am a huge fan but no way in hell would I call a distributor and put myself down for a pin that is reaching near $10k for. LE and zero clues other than it’s a Led Zeppelin pin. I test drive my cars before I buy.

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Yep looks like no leaks today..webinar is tomorrow AM

WTF!

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

For those who already ordered site unseen hope you like it. I still don’t understand paying that much and no clue if it will look good let alone play good. I am a huge fan but no way in hell would I call a distributor and put myself down for a pin that is reaching near $10k and zero clues other than it’s a Led Zeppelin pin.

If you love the theme and designer, and want to have the most fully featured model as soon as possible, you need to act early. Maybe you are a wait and see type person vs instant gratification.

#475 3 years ago

For those who already ordered site unseen hope you like it. I still don’t understand paying that much and no clue if it will look good let alone play good. I am a huge fan but no way in hell would I call a distributor and put myself down for a pin that is reaching near $10k for. LE and zero clues other than it’s a Led Zeppelin pin. I test drive my cars before I buy.

Well just look and see how many years those of us who bought “sight unseen” LZLE have been on pinside... we a know what we like and are up to..

#476 3 years ago

Just found this leaked pic... WOW!! I'm getting the LE fo SHO!!

What's next huddie ledbetter LMFAO!!

#477 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Boeing 720 actually. Sorry I'm an aircraft nazi

Thanks for the clarity! It looked very “well stocked” from the pictures I’ve seen lol.

#478 3 years ago

Man th

Quoted from acedanger:

[quoted image]

Could you have found longer boobs ?

#479 3 years ago

The only pin I would order an LE for sight unseen would be a Green Day pin, so I get why people are doing it. I just hope they're doing it for the right reasons (they actually want it to play).

#480 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Man th

Could you have found longer boobs ?

Lmao

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Maybe even the Starship 747 could be included.[quoted image]

Starship was a Boeing 720. Would definitely be cool.

#482 3 years ago

You do understand that it is not difficult to back out when the pictures come out tomorrow? Who has money down? If the game looks bad or I like the Premium artwork better, I can easily back out or switch the order. I'm not worried in the least bit either way. If I was buying a Premium, I would have waited instead of grabbing an LE spot. As for the never relevant carguement; I not only test drive cars, I wait until they are ten years old to buy them used. My newest car is a 2008 Corvette.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#483 3 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

[quoted image]
What's next huddie ledbetter LMFAO!!

Needs more mudshark

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You do understand that it is not difficult to back out when the pictures come out tomorrow? Who has money down? If the game looks bad or I like the Premium artwork better, I can easily back out or switch the order. I'm not worried in the least bit either way. If I was buying a Premium, I would have waited instead of grabbing an LE spot. As for the never relevant carguement; I not only test drive cars, I wait until they are ten years old to buy them used. My newest car is a 2008 Corvette.

Friday afternoon most of the big distros needed deposit to secure LE and yes I did.

You say easy to back out, maybe switch from LE to Premium etc.. but I’m thinking you can’t outright cancel that’s why it’s non refundable deposit.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You know there is always a few dozen that post the exact same thing on every pin release

Copy and paste. Good for you. You aren’t getting one at the outset

#486 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Friday afternoon most of the big distros needed deposit to secure LE and yes I did.

I’d find a different one. Mine doesn’t

Surely it’s refundable if you don’t like the reveal?

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’d find a different one. Mine doesn’t

Mine didn't either Ice. Waiting until 'order banks open' then I will lock in mine.

#488 3 years ago

This release has been on lock down! No leaks yet is crazy!

#489 3 years ago

Remember Stern signed this deal with Zepplin management 2, 3 years ago.
Little chance that stern would be able to renegotiate last minute to up numbers and content, after seeing GnR blow the doors off the pin community.
There's a real chance the Licence was very specific as to numbers produced.
Zepplin has always been one of the most difficult and expensive licences.
You never see or hear Zepplin in movies or tv.

It will be very interesting to see exactly what Stern was willing to pay for.

#490 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Immigrant Song was in Thor: Ragnarok
Kashmir was in Fast Times at Rigdemont High
When the Levee Breaks was in Argo
What is and Never Should Be was in Silver Linings Playbook

#491 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Immigrant Song was in Thor: Ragnarok

"It sounds like a perfect fit for Marvel’s blockbuster Thor movies about the hammer-wielding Norse thunder god, which is why Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi was so insistent about getting it in his film — but landing the rights was no easy feat. It took the film’s music supervisor Dave Jordan the entire length of the production to get the go-ahead from Led Zeppelin, Waititi told Business Insider."

#492 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Remember Stern signed this deal with Zepplin management 2, 3 years ago.
Little chance that stern would be able to renegotiate last minute to up numbers and content, after seeing GnR blow the doors off the pin community.

That's heavily debatable as an owner of one. AIQ has been the most surprising game for me as it looked like a dud until I bought one.

#493 3 years ago

One of these days someone has to do a pin that links to the web and can play the entire catalogue of one of these bands.

To me the worst thing about music pins is hearing the same goddamn 12 songs over and over.. especially songs you have already heard 15,000 times.

Just design the modes to work with a variety of songs or make the music somehow user selectable like a band jukebox.

Or have some modes tied into specific songs and others that are random.

I love some Zeppelin but if I hear Starway one more time Im going to puke.

#495 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

#496 3 years ago

Yea you actually hear zeppelin in movies all the time lol .

#497 3 years ago

well clearly they were wiling to make an exception for the cinematic masterpiece that is Shrek 3

(but really those movies are music licensing juggernauts so it doesn't surprise me they were able to make it happen)

#498 3 years ago

You could certainly turn off the game volume and fire up your music device (phone/stereo/juke) and have at it!
There will always be a set of music selections programmed in the games because they were selected for the game modes.

Quoted from Elvishasleft:

One of these days someone has to do a pin that links to the web and can play the entire catalogue of one of these bands.
To me the worst thing about music pins is hearing the same goddamn 12 songs over and over.. especially songs you have already heard 15,000 times.
Just design the modes to work with a variety of songs or make the music somehow user selectable like a band jukebox.
Or have some modes tied into specific songs and others that are random.
I love some Zeppelin but if I hear Starway one more time Im going to puke.

#499 3 years ago

There were also several Zepp songs in Almost Famous.
No Zepplin on the Thor, Silver Linings or Fast Times soundtracts.

Almost famous got one Zepp song on the soundtrack, but there were 5 or 6 Zepp songs in the film.

As I said, 50 years and only a handfull of licences.
Expensive!!

#500 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Oops.

https://www.what-song.com/Artist/191/Led-Zeppelin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, KS
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-hype-thread/page/10?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.