(Topic ID: 283824)

Stern Led Zeppelin Art - What Do You Think?

By Tranquilize

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 244 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which art package do you prefer and why? ”

• Pro 48 votes
    9%
  • Premium 98 votes
    19%
  • LE 63 votes
    12%
  • None - they all suck 302 votes
    59%

(511 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CB98CA21-F6AF-42B1-993A-5EB007ED7F61 (resized).jpeg
waving-flag-of-usd-sign-stock-illustration_csp9292746 (resized).jpg
inqwerdex (resized).jpg
e67b79be080287cd4c2ab3104e69ad4055919769 (resized).jpg
0631e567630f448fd42d53e43b6b4682c0ccf68a (resized).jpg
ce1e9a47f14ea28c1a35e25f8490920046ff4d9e (resized).jpg
4CCE7D74-BB59-4C4C-BAB4-1046D3E9B49C.gif
67437408-AD80-4645-A5CD-A9DBE2304BC8 (resized).jpeg
2D2D11A7-735F-4E0E-A61D-25AFC34F54AE (resized).jpeg
85BEACF4-B9CF-42BC-B26A-E8B6F459E6DF (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201216-212522_Chrome (resized).jpg
zzzzzLZ voteing (resized).png
41g0QpkQAFL._AC_ (resized).jpg
51u2XSTYKmL._AC_SX425_ (resized).jpg
unn;lkj;lamed (resized).jpg
led-zeppelin-ceramic-ashtray-d-music_1_4876990564cb19f00ae345fcbd43d244 (resized).jpg
There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

I think a lot of LE opinions would change if Stern ships it in through their out door correctly.
[quoted image]

I cancelled, but had I kept it, wrapping it in kraft paper might have been the ultimate fan mod!

#202 3 years ago

Maybe Aurich will consider doing a custom translite/decal package for Zeppelin and make it more visual appealing like he did with AC/DC and Star Trek. If the Zep gameplay and lights/audio/video/rules are a homerun, perhaps the visual aesthetic can be enhanced by the aftermarket to make it a masterpiece? I'm thinking Zeppelin could be a modder's delight with all that open space, bare slings, repetitive art, plastics, etc. In the meantime, I'll drool over a new GNR LE in early 2021 instead of the Zep LE I had locked in and had such high hopes for. Maybe the pictures don't do the game justice...we will see.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Maybe Aurich will consider doing a custom translite/decal package for Zeppelin

I've talked about this in one of the threads already, can't even remember which one. Maybe it was this one, lol. But not happening from me. Just too much of a can of worms to touch that.

A new plastic set would be cool, but I'm not sure it's even worth it. I think the game is just what it is. We'll see the gameplay and people can judge it on that.

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've talked about this in one of the threads already, can't even remember which one. Maybe it was this one, lol. But not happening from me. Just too much of a can of worms to touch that.
A new plastic set would be cool, but I'm not sure it's even worth it. I think the game is just what it is. We'll see the gameplay and people can judge it on that.

I don’t blame you, I wouldn’t touch that game with all the licensing or a 10 ft pole.

#205 3 years ago

Pro: From 10ft back it looks just like a white box with notebook scribbles on it. Perhaps it would look better up close. I realize it is supposed to capture the feel of an album, but in the large format with little images it maybe doesn't work that well.

Premium: Looks like a giant boot about to step on Led Zeppelin. And again, way too much white and no color/design.

LE: Looks like someone is attempting to "make it pop" with the colored t-molding. If the blue was changed to black it might look much better. At least the legs and head t-molding could be black if the guards need to stay blue.

As with all things, until ones sees it in person though it's tough to really get a feel for it, but from photos that was my first impression of them.

#206 3 years ago

The blue is such an easy thing to change. Powder coating is so reasonably priced too. Im not concerned at all.

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The blue is such an easy thing to change. Powder coating is so reasonably priced too. Im not concerned at all.

Guarantee the blue looks good in person.

#208 3 years ago

Yes I'm sure its better , just so easy to change. People are so focused on it

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yes I'm sure its better , just so easy to change. People are so focused on it

Not really their focused on all of the shit job Stern did to our beloved Led Zeppelin!You guys are like the story of the emperor’s new clothes

#210 3 years ago

“It’s growing on me”

4CCE7D74-BB59-4C4C-BAB4-1046D3E9B49C.gif4CCE7D74-BB59-4C4C-BAB4-1046D3E9B49C.gif
#211 3 years ago

Black powder coat on the LE is just too obvious

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Black powder coat on the LE is just too obvious

Boring, Bland and not very 1970’s.

#213 3 years ago

The CPR Led Zep pin is looking pretty good right now, yes?

ce1e9a47f14ea28c1a35e25f8490920046ff4d9e (resized).jpgce1e9a47f14ea28c1a35e25f8490920046ff4d9e (resized).jpg
#214 3 years ago
0631e567630f448fd42d53e43b6b4682c0ccf68a (resized).jpg0631e567630f448fd42d53e43b6b4682c0ccf68a (resized).jpg
#215 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The CPR Led Zep pin is looking pretty good right now, yes?[quoted image]

Vid if you weren't so awesome in the pinball community.

I'D
I'D
I'D
?

Agree with you

#216 3 years ago

Yeah...I'll stick with the stern version.

#217 3 years ago

Imagine IF that was sterns version. Geez that purple is horrible, why the wood trim, icarus figure is stupid, over and over and over. Most of the haters would prob like the watermelon tho

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

[quoted image]

Big Juicy Zeppelins Topper is underrated.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Imagine IF that was sterns version. Geez that purple is horrible, why the wood trim, icarus figure i....

The John Paul Jones picture looks straight of Avengers 1

#220 3 years ago

although LZ has no appeal for myself
i do like the design of the Pro
but due to the premium i must pay for imported Pins
i would not buy a pro
the LZ Premium also looks better than the LE

#221 3 years ago

If Stern put that topper out, it'd be $800 and they'd advertise that it was the first edible topper.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

why the wood trim,

Not sure why the rendering had the wood, it was supposed to be based on a Bally 80s cab, so no wood.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

icarus figure is stupid

It's supposed to be Apollo rising, not Icarus falling.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Most of the haters would prob like the watermelon

I love watermelon

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If Stern put that topper out, it'd be $800 and they'd advertise that it was the first edible topper.

It's going to be tough to sell any expensive topper, when Revel sells a real Hindenburg for $19

e67b79be080287cd4c2ab3104e69ad4055919769 (resized).jpge67b79be080287cd4c2ab3104e69ad4055919769 (resized).jpg
#224 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's going to be tough to sell any expensive topper, when Revel sells a real Hindenburg for $19[quoted image]

Yes, but it's only $19 because it has a swastika on it so it's on closeout in today's world.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes, but it's only $19 because it has a swastika on it so it's on closeout in today's world.

People in the north could swap a Swan Song logo over the swastika

inqwerdex (resized).jpginqwerdex (resized).jpg
#226 3 years ago

Or maybe something more Stern...

waving-flag-of-usd-sign-stock-illustration_csp9292746 (resized).jpgwaving-flag-of-usd-sign-stock-illustration_csp9292746 (resized).jpg
#227 3 years ago

I’m surprised by peeps being caught off guard with this.
How many pinheads were LZ fans through the decades...
Anyone could have told you the album covers were total crap, the very worse being LZ-IV.
They were a bit stoned when getting Albums put together by their own admission in the day.
Robert Plant truly hates LZ III album cover, common knowledge when it was released but rolled with it.
Funny how some Pinheads love the Pro -....... I think it’s shit when exploded on a pin.
I seen this coming from a country mile away.....
I say again, just because you love the music doesn’t mean you will love the album cover, that’s the mistake that’s been made
Remember buying Vinyl, did you love every album cover you ever bought?? Hit + miss they were.....
Collectors will be disappointed.
The LE being skinned around the record label is just Frikin horrid, not just the colours but the whole Icarus theme ..... awful. I wouldn’t want near my home, it feels, looks religious.
The topper which is cool, does not suit the Pro or Premium.

If they only had limited assets to work with for art, could they not have pushed to do something different at the very least with the translites, back box sides? Resolution ? DPI?
Everything looks like low res wallpaper.
Shame, imagine how these could have looked.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I’m surprised by peeps being caught off guard with this.
How many pinheads were LZ fans through the decades...
Anyone could have told you the album covers were total crap, the very worse being LZ-IV.
They were a bit stoned when getting Albums put together by their own admission in the day.
Robert Plant truly hates LZ III album cover, common knowledge when it was released but rolled with it.
Funny how some Pinheads love the Pro -....... I think it’s shit when exploded on a pin.
I seen this coming from a country mile away.....
I say again, just because you love the music doesn’t mean you will love the album cover, that’s the mistake that’s been made
Remember buying Vinyl, did you love every album cover you ever bought?? Hit + miss they were.....
Collectors will be disappointed.
The LE being skinned around the record label is just Frikin horrid, not just the colours but the whole Icarus theme ..... awful. I wouldn’t want near my home, it feels, looks religious.
The topper which is cool, does not suit the Pro or Premium.
If they only had limited assets to work with for art, could they not have pushed to do something different at the very least with the translites, back box sides? Resolution ? DPI?
Everything looks like low res wallpaper.
Shame, imagine how these could have looked.

I wish I could upvote this twice it’s exactly what I was warning of before the pin was released.I agree with Aurich that they should’ve with with a mystical Tolkien theme!It’s a shame I wonder if Stern reached out to talk with Zep’s people to discuss the artwork issues.I love Zeppelin so for me this would’ve been my second Stern music pin.

#229 3 years ago

Took another look today at the pictures, a few days later. Was thinking the looks would maybe have grown on me but nope... all three still looks ugly af. What were Stern thinking.

#230 3 years ago

A cool backglass with animated Windows for a physical graphitti version would have been interesting.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

A cool backglass with animated Windows for a physical graphitti version would have been interesting.

Pretty sure they did this for the match sequence of game over animation. Physical graffiti animated windows that is.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

A cool backglass with animated Windows for a physical graphitti version would have been interesting

As would a spinning wheel behind the translite for LZ 3, mimick the wheel in the album cover.

#233 3 years ago

I didn't notice that they didn't take the "III" out of the pro art until now. I didn't think it could get worse. It's literally an album machine. LOL.

#234 3 years ago

I think the Zep 1 art looks great which is fine since that’s the minimum model you need to reach donut heaven. Looks like a much tighter shot.

We’ve debated if they would ever give this license since the RGP days they guard it so closely. Hand drawn Dirt Donnie art was probably not in the cards so would love to hear what album art you expected. Houses of the Holy might be there but what else to choose from?

Good thing game play wins it or I would hate AC/DC if judged by art. fingers crossed for this game that the most important part comes together

#235 3 years ago

I’m waiting for a Comic art edition to be released next year!

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Other option is for Stern to say 'Thanks, but no thanks.' if they don't get adequate material with the license. Stern has has put out some really stellar licensed pins (IMDN, BM66, TWD, Star Trek, GB - all of which I own) and they should really know when it's just not worth it and step away.

I totally agree with you. LZ pin deserves so so much more. It’s not even on par with AC/DC for me. But Stern figured they will still make money on a half assed offering so they did it anyway. I am so disappointed in this release. This could have been a grail pin for me, but now it is a may get a used one one day down the road.

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Million dollar art package!
RD’s pin will be sought after for decades!

Agree - rotordave's should be considered the 'gold standard' that all others from Stern, should be judged against.

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I totally agree with you. LZ pin deserves so so much more. It’s not even on par with AC/DC for me. But Stern figured they will still make money on a half assed offering so they did it anyway. I am so disappointed in this release. This could have been a grail pin for me, but now it is a may get a used one one day down the road.

I have a AC/DC Prem and I was shooting it the same day as the LZ release. I recall looking at all the toys that's ties the theme together and thinking "LZ has what?" A thing that raises up and has a spinner on it w/a magnet? How is that related to LZ?

Kudos to the buyers tho, truly not trying to rain on their parade. Sounds like a fast shooter (which I enjoy) and I like that there's someone younger starting to code (Tim), but for integration - just not on my plate to buy, even used.

AC/DC code tho...I'll never figure that out!

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I’m waiting for a Comic art edition to be released next year!

I thought this was the comic art version?

CB98CA21-F6AF-42B1-993A-5EB007ED7F61 (resized).jpegCB98CA21-F6AF-42B1-993A-5EB007ED7F61 (resized).jpeg
#240 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I thought this was the comic art version?
[quoted image]

Two beautiful days of silence went by on this stupid thread, and that's the best you could come up with?

#241 3 years ago

How about Green Powdercoat on it instead of blue for today - Then it's ready to rock for Christmas. Merry Christmas all.

#242 3 years ago

It’s a beaut Clark!

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Two beautiful days of silence went by on this stupid thread, and that's the best you could come up with?

It got your attention, so it must have been pretty good

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

It got your attention, so it must have been pretty good

And I can tell that's all you really crave on this site. Let me know when you post something helpful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-zeppelin-art-what-do-you-think-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.