1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by zandman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

PSA for Stern LED’s…

I’ve seen at least a few posts on Node Overcurrent protection warnings on Stern games caused by faulty lamp sockets or (more often) LED’s. Here is a link to one such thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-node-9-overcurrent-protection-gi-failure-stern-jple

I just fixed my third such issue on my Mandalorian, and fixed my first on JP today… All were caused by failed LED’s… Not sure where Stern is sourcing these LED lamps, but I am getting tired of removing and testing whole strings of GI. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

I just went through and re-lamped the bayonet and wedge socket lamps on JP and Mando with because I am tired of troubleshooting the same issue. Each time it has been a different node, and or different socket—so it has definitely been a high failure rate with the LED lamps. I used Cointaker LED’s as my replacement (I have had good luck with these in the past—but as a disclaimer, no idea if they are also Stern’s supplier).

Maybe I am just unlucky… I’ve had no issues with heavily modded Stranger Things or TMNT. Still, wondering if there was a bad batch that went out at some point? Both games were manufactured in the last 12 months and see very little play as HUO games. No mods on either pin. On the upside, it would appear that the node board overcurrent protection has been functioning as designed with shorted lamps, but given the unobtanium nature of node boards today--don't want to take any chances.

#2 1 year ago

I think they used to source them from Cointaker, but switched to someone else a while back.

1 month later
    #3 1 year ago

I’m having the same issue with a Rush premium, new out of box (latest run).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-s-on-newer-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.