• Latest reply 7 years ago by ff6735
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1833 (resized).PNG
#1 7 years ago

Got my first pin a month ago (nib Spiderman VE). Playing the hell out of it, and having a blast, but I lost one of my spotlight led bulbs. It went flying across the playfield, then I lost sight of it. I searched the entire machine, and can't find it anywhere.

I've attached a photo of what the original stern bulb looks like (taken from another area). I bought what I thought was comparable bulbs on ebay, but they don't seem to work (at least not in my machine). Any recommendations on where I can find some comparable bulbs? I was actually hoping to swap some white bulbs out for colored, but not sure where to buy to be sure I'm getting something that will work. Or would I be better off just trying to contact Stern directly? Do they sell replacement parts to the public?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1833 (resized).PNGIMG_1833 (resized).PNG

#3 7 years ago

Or a wider. Brighter throw, try the OpMax MR in spots.

Cointaker carries the 2 smd as well.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Or a wider. Brighter throw, try the OpMax MR in spots.
Cointaker carries the 2 smd as well.

As long as it's a wedge #555 style, any of the LEDs from pinball parts stores will work.

I like the 4-LED's from Pinball Life for spots...not only are the bright as fuuuuuuuuuuuuck - they get in there nice and tight and don't fall out.

#5 7 years ago

LEDs can be tricky. Some are polarized (may have to reverse them). When I install LEDs I bend the little contact wires out toward the side of the bulb so they make better contact. The ones you have might work, just mess with them a bit.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks all! I appreciate all the responses! Last night I ordered some form comet, but I may pop the glass off again later and give these ebay bulbs one more try (checking for reverse polarity, I never knew that was possible with these). If they still don't work, I at least have the bulbs from comet on the way.

Thanks again.

#7 7 years ago

Reverse the bulb just in case. Also in some Games I've had to re-adjust the leads on the bulb at a slight angle from time to time to make sure they receive positive contact. Make sure the lead lays flat against the bulb housing but ensure you take the open end and bend it slightly to the side.

If you cannot find that bulb but suddenly develop a ball trough issue it may have made its way in there. Happens to me on Metallica from time to time. I use a small price of clear tape to ensure it doesn't pop out of my spot lights.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 25.50
$ 25.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-led-bulbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.