IMG_2258 (resized).JPG
IMG_0920 (resized).JPG
IMG_0919 (resized).JPG
IMG_0916 (resized).JPG
IMG_0915 (resized).JPG
IMG_9781 crop (resized).jpg
6667A55E-F578-47D3-B31B-7D9D151DCDD9 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g94.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 5 years ago

If you're worried about mixing wood tone colours: Liquitex has a few very nice wood tones, straight out of the tube or rattle can.

Quoted from wolffcub:

Sanded it today. Took one of my 24” bar sanders for making rc planes and went over it all. You can see the high spots.

Trying to understand the process you have in mind. Why did you sand it so much, damaging your artwork to such extend? It seemed a valuable touch-up candidate from what I see on the photos.

#89 5 years ago

I don't know about Lectronamo, but my Sterns (QS and SG) don't have connectors between the head and cabinet wiring, like Williams and Bally have. Makes it less convenient to take off the head for transport. I plan on adding connectors when restoring my games.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

The Craftex paint that is recommended does not cover like what I am used to with my modeling paints. After about 6 coats any grey or darker damaged wood ares in the wood show thru. I need to find something similar to a high hide primer to lay a base coat first.

Wicked Colours are not opaque enough for this purpose.
I'm using Opaque series from Createx as much as possible as the basis for my colour mixes.
Or if you prefer: Createx also provides Autoborne Sealers in many colours to be used as an initial primer.

1 week later
#113 5 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I’m almost to the point to do something to cover the natural wood areas. I’m still not sure what direction to go there or just leave the damaged wood showing

Obviously it's your decision, but I would keep the wood tones as such. You might regret later on that you painted them black. A thin, transparent layer of wood tone is what I would do, just to refresh the areas, whilst making sure to keep the wood-structure visible. But then again: it's your game, you decide

1 month later
#265 5 years ago

Looks great!

1 month later
#335 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

And here I am trying to learn how to silk screen. I see all this and feel like I am wasting my time

Screen printing is the route I'm considering as well for fine details (text for instance, or dithered gradients). After all it is the technique originally used to print a playfield. I've done it a lot, but it's a long time ago. Actually screen printing in itself is not so difficult. But it requires quite a setup, and many steps, before your art is on the screen, ready to be printed.

The result will be stronger than waterslide decals and more precise than stencils made with a cutter. But for sure it will not be a timesaver.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 69.00
$ 199.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g94.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-lectronamo-rebuild?tu=g94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.