Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bmad21
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

do-you-even-know-how-you-dont-put-it-paper-20178654 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221220-203939 (resized).png
    7BAE0E0A-BA05-44BB-B34B-52F8238F2AC3 (resized).jpeg
    A1A66F6D-5AD2-40C2-9D87-2035C6321431 (resized).jpeg
    Keep those scissor blades open, FFS! (resized).png
    Blue pen on the right, damnit!!! (resized).jpg
    BCCC8EBC-F0A4-4EED-B2CC-4CFF7B5A56F6 (resized).png
    34723583-6FBB-4FEF-9011-D6E7755D3693 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 1 year ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

Could be great!
    I see paywalls in their future however. This is huge news as these CFOs and CEOs they are bringing in are from much larger industries and their focus will be building up stern to be a much bigger company than anything I believe we have seen in this industry.
    If they can get production tightened up, stern will really begin massive growth, all in all it means more games for us so I call it a win.

I see the opposite. You think BOM is bad now...just wait. Unless the people LOVE pinball (and I don't know them) it will be corporate profit and a deteriorating watered down product. Might not happen immediately...but it will happen. That's how all companies that want to 'grow' eventually go when someone else takes over. Especially if they have no attachment to the product they are making. On the plus side they'll probably be pumping out games so quickly you'll actually have to pick and choose your theme, while the layout remains mostly the same, more so than now and you'll be able to get them overnighted from Amazon.

#102 1 year ago

The problem with those kind of changes is they sound great on paper....for NEW factories that had it planned from the ground up. They rarely work well trying to shoehorn them into existing lines. I've been through it, multiple times. Every time was a failure. That's not to say you can't improve production....but this is rarely about improving production, and more about trying to streamline and cut costs at the expense of other things that they aren't willing to spend the money on to adjust for the changes.

I'm sure we all hope we are wrong.

#161 1 year ago

Just wait, shift to pachinko machines coming in..3...2....

#236 1 year ago
    Quoted from sgtski1978:

It's a very much luxury product in an economy that is presently forcing people to make tough decisions with their paycheck. Wait till all of the credit card spending from the 2022 holiday season hits in Feb. Luxury goods just aren't going to stay in the demand Stern, JJP, Spooky, etc. need them to be at their current pricing model.
    So I think the potential for some radical changes in pricing are in the near future, be it changes to model lineups, tiered pricing, add-ons, etc. They're going to have to find a way to make money when people stop buying NIB machines.
    But most importantly, it's these guys jobs to make money for the investors, not make us happy. You can bitch at Stern all you want about quality, themes, etc., but at the end of the day, someone paid for the games and Gary and the board have their money. What do they care?

Honestly, I don't know any broke people buying pinball machines, now or 5 years ago. Those of us with money...mostly still have money. (I include myself simply because I can afford pinball machines, even if I don't want to pay the cost).

I doubt the people you are referring to represent a very large portion of the hobby...unless we start looking at beercades that generally don't make much profit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-leadership-changes?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.