Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bmad21
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

do-you-even-know-how-you-dont-put-it-paper-20178654 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221220-203939 (resized).png
    7BAE0E0A-BA05-44BB-B34B-52F8238F2AC3 (resized).jpeg
    A1A66F6D-5AD2-40C2-9D87-2035C6321431 (resized).jpeg
    Keep those scissor blades open, FFS! (resized).png
    Blue pen on the right, damnit!!! (resized).jpg
    BCCC8EBC-F0A4-4EED-B2CC-4CFF7B5A56F6 (resized).png
    34723583-6FBB-4FEF-9011-D6E7755D3693 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 1 year ago

Make pins people want and they would sell? All these last calls and stock sitting around, yet the pins in demand aren't being made in enough quantities. Look at the Stern competitors who mostly see all their inventory moving and not sitting around in distros unsold for months.

Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Or even worse, they bring the woke B.S. to pinball... if that's even possible. I'm sure it is.

The media really has some of you all scared of a BS buzzword that has lost all meaning.

#225 1 year ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

Many People talk a big game, but not when it counts. I’d bet most will put money down on the next new game regardless if prices continue to rise. The addiction is real. Stern knows this.

It's too early to judge this when the price increases are still relatively new and been the past two years. Stuff like this happens, but a ceiling does get hit at some point. And with more companies than ever putting out new product and growing, it's gonna be interesting to see what happens.

A problem arcades in the 80s and as well as pinball surge in the 90s faced was in large part due to space. Too many companies putting out so much product, yet operators and locations could not keep up. Pinball was popular in the 90s but eventually locations just stopped buying cause they would just stick to the popular higher earning machines and didn't have room to add new. Home collectors have grown but they too can only hold onto so many.... so yes they circulate machines and often flip, trade, buy new and moving around used machines but like everything, there is only limited space for these things.

Abundance supply of new product typically will eventually push used prices down. This "boom" can't last forever.

Are prices going to crater and pinball going to be free? No that's not what is being said, but it means that the prices can't keep going forever nor can the companies just keep expanding their lines and prices upwards forever. Used prices will come down in some areas, and really it feels like it's already happening as we are seeing lot of older less desirable pins being offered at great prices (for current times) cause theres just so much on offer right now and newer machines clearly more desirable at the moment.

Quoted from Bublehead:

I believe the addiction part is real. You can see it in the faces of people as they play… I have seen it in their eyes- I have seen more GZ’s and JP’s sold to guys with just one single great ball under their belts. Stern is minting fun and we foolishly let them rape our wallets on a regular basis. Until that changes, prices will continue to go up. Do “better” drugs ever get cheaper at your dealer’s house? Didn’t think so.

Drugs are a resource that a person builds a need for and has to replenish. Pinball still has the issue that they are big, heavy, take up tons of space and living space is also becoming harder to get ahold of. Heck I would gladly own triple the machines I have if I had any room for them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-leadership-changes?tu=panzerkraken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.