Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bmad21
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

do-you-even-know-how-you-dont-put-it-paper-20178654 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221220-203939 (resized).png
    7BAE0E0A-BA05-44BB-B34B-52F8238F2AC3 (resized).jpeg
    A1A66F6D-5AD2-40C2-9D87-2035C6321431 (resized).jpeg
    Keep those scissor blades open, FFS! (resized).png
    Blue pen on the right, damnit!!! (resized).jpg
    BCCC8EBC-F0A4-4EED-B2CC-4CFF7B5A56F6 (resized).png
    34723583-6FBB-4FEF-9011-D6E7755D3693 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 1 year ago

I see some Stern+™ code DLC in your future. Because when I read this:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Immediately prior to joining Stern Pinball, Seth served on the executive team responsible for the highly successful subscription-based streaming services Disney+ and ESPN+. Earlier in his career Seth served in Disney Corporate Financial Planning leading business transformation projects; as Head of Product Management for Connected Experiences within Disney Games and Consumer Products as part of Walt Disney Imagineering; as leader of Disney’s Digital Games Console and PC line of business; and as Director of Disney Games’ Strategy, Market Analytics, and Product Planning.

what that says to me 'games as service'. It's the defacto model for gaming across multiple industries, won't shock me to see it come to pinball. We're already seeing the inroads like the Mandalorian topper bringing new modes with it.

I'm not even sure it's a bad thing necessarily, but I don't expect it to be a popular idea with a lot of people. Who are also probably feeling priced out of buying new games, so maybe nobody cares what they think.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's when they optimize the production floor but after that's all done still need to justify their position/paycheck so they spill into the office space and tell you your desk phone needs a taped square around it labelling that space as "phone". That's when the eyes start to roll and lifelong enemies are made.

What kind of psycho stores their scissors open like that?

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Some things in the MFG environment (shadow walls for tools so they're always in the same place, reduction of movement/waiting/processes...etc.) all make total sense.

The tape thing looks crazy, but I did shadow box all my tools for my office work bench, where I do all my soldering and painting etc. Little slide out tray with laser cut spots for everything. It really does help to have a spot to consistently put things back. I'm not a naturally neat person, having a 'home' for things helps.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If you’re right, Multimorphic is going to end up looking like geniuses

I was reading the Multimorphic thread just now, and I saw a discussion about something that hadn't occurred to me. If you buy "software only" games for your P3 you can't sell them, they're tied to the physical game. Which is reasonable.

But if we enter a future of DLC will it travel with the pin? Stern could tie things to your Insider account and if you don't log in the new software doesn't boot, so you couldn't sell it with the game, in theory.

Quoted from doublestack:

Going to be a tough hill to climb as the games as a service model works with lower bars of entry, like the phone you already have or the console at $300.
    You drop down 7-13k on a single game and they try and get rolled over for a DLC pack.. it may get interesting.

Yeah, it's gonna be an uphill climb with a lot of people. Who knows, just speculating. But the pieces are all in place to make that kind of play. Get games connected to wifi, with accounts, and you can do a lot of software as service kinds of moves.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-leadership-changes?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.