1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by nicoy3k
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I’m an ‘old’ pinhead who’s been out of the loop for a long time. I have an interest in purchasing a NIB Stern LE if the title I’m hoping for is produced. How do I make that happen? I’m discovering that making this purchase may not be as easy as it might otherwise seem…

What do I need to know/be aware of and how do I proceed to guarantee this acquisition?

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

You could pray........

Don't know what to tell you. There is no way to guarantee an acquisition at this point.

Game comes out: A day later, and hour later, a min later.... and it's all over for LE's.
    At this point, all LE's are probably sold days, weeks, months before a game is even released. A little discouraging, but so many people are buying them just to flip.
    It won't stop until people get tired of it, give up, and demand goes down.

Doesn't even seem like doing 1000 LE's makes a difference (at this point)..... but I hope 1000 minimum is the new "Standard" in LE production, maybe even that just isn't enough at this point. Maybe we need 2000 LE's and only offer them for sale for a week..... unsold units aren't produced to keep the number lower than the max(?). Don't know what the solution is. I think if you want one right at release, you should be able to buy one - just my opinion.

What game are you hoping gets released?

#3 1 year ago

Call a distributor

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Call a distributor

I’ve already contacted a distributor and the less than promising response I received lead to this post.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

You could pray........
    Don't know what to tell you. There is no way to guarantee an acquisition at this point.
    Game comes out: A day later, and hour later, a min later.... and it's all over for LE's.
    At this point, all LE's are probably sold days, weeks, months before a game is even released. A little discouraging, but so many people are buying them just to flip.
    It won't stop until people get tired of it, give up, and demand goes down.
    Doesn't even seem like doing 1000 LE's makes a difference (at this point)..... but I hope 1000 minimum is the new "Standard" in LE production, maybe even that just isn't enough at this point. Maybe we need 2000 LE's and only offer them for sale for a week..... unsold units aren't produced to keep the number lower than the max(?). Don't know what the solution is. I think if you want one right at release, you should be able to buy one - just my opinion.
    What game are you hoping gets released?

Thank you for the nice reply! While it didn’t brighten my prospects much, it at least confirmed the challenges I’ll likely face if ‘Jaws’ is produced.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from abc12346038:

Thank you for the nice reply! While it didn’t brighten my prospects much, it at least confirmed the challenges I’ll likely face if ‘Jaws’ is produced.

AHhhhhh, that's going to be a very difficult one to get, seems like a LOT of people want it (not me).
    There have been pictures that claim to be it, so maybe it's a lock.

I think you're best bet will be to get someone to take a big deposit on it, and that will be very tricky all on itself: I'm sure everyone has a "list" a mile long.... only thing that will speak at this point is money.

I'm just surprised no one is pre-selling access to their allocation of LE's...... maybe they are doing that and I just don't know. HA!!
    Supply and demand is soooooo out of wack right now.

If a dream pin came out that I badly wanted, I'm already resigned to knowing I'm boned.

Good luck on finding a Jaws..... well, you'll be able to get one here on Pinside the day after..... it'll just be 7K more than MSRP

#7 1 year ago

Try Zach at flip n out or Troy and Trent at tilt amusements.

#8 1 year ago

Yes, a lot of people will be fighting over BTTF LE. Oh, you said Jaws

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from abc12346038:

I’ve already contacted a distributor and the less than promising response I received lead to this post.

Call another one

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-le-purchase-info and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.