Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by T7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Apologies if this has been covered before but are all Stern machines that have an LE actually limited to 500?
    I know they are serial numbered but what happens if Stern release a vault of an LE?
    It’d be the same machine but not numbered?
    I assume it would greatly affect the value of the original run.
    Thoughts?

#2 3 years ago

there have been more and less than 500 LE, depends on the title. They will not release a vault LE... as of yet anyway. The same machine that is not numbered is called a premium.

#3 3 years ago

In that light then the LE machines would hold their value better?
    I saw a noticeable drop in price of AC/DC premiums when the vault was released

#4 3 years ago

No mate lately they are 600 or more.

Stern will not run an LE a second time. They may make more premiums or pros or like AC/DC male a Lucy edition. None of these have ever effected LE pricing. Example just this week a mate sold BIBLE for $14500aud.

#5 3 years ago

Last 10 LE's (cornerstones)
    TMNT-500
    Stranger Things-500
    Jurassic Park-500
    Black Knight Sword of Rage-600
    Munsters-600
    Deadpool-500
    Iron Maiden-500
    Guardians-600
    Star Wars-800
    Aerosmith-500

#6 3 years ago

Elvira House of Horror's - 400

#7 3 years ago

I believe Star Trek was 799.

#8 3 years ago

Tron was 400

#9 3 years ago

TWD LE was 600

#11 3 years ago

AC/DC LTBR LE 250

#12 3 years ago

X-Men:

Wolverine 300
    Magneto 250

Wish I had room for one. Magneto backglass is one of the all time greatest.

#13 3 years ago

Munsters WAS 500.... and then after taking some orders they bumped it up to 600.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

In that light then the LE machines would hold their value better?
    I saw a noticeable drop in price of AC/DC premiums when the vault was released

Tend to disagree on value retention. Yes an LE will resell for more but thats because it Cost much more. In rare cases like Batman 66LE yes they did better but from what I have seen loss percentage is typically better on the lower end Pro's. Honestly holding value should be the Last thing you consider in buying a pin. They All loose money but as long as you enjoy it or that model its a hobby not an investment.

#15 3 years ago

BM66LE- 240 Total, w 120 US, and 120 shipped to Europe.

I don't look to make $$$ on these things, but do appreciate "Limited" meaning something to Stern ( as in they won't run it again).

Nothing wrong with someone willing to pay a bit more for something that is collectible.

Happens in all hobbies. And yes, LE machines tend to hold value simply because there are less available, and are generally the most desired model ( debatable by some).

Just my take ( I'm about 50/50 in my lineup)

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Tend to disagree on value retention. Yes an LE will resell for more but thats because it Cost much more. In rare cases like Batman 66LE yes they did better but from what I have seen loss percentage is typically better on the lower end Pro's. Honestly holding value should be the Last thing you consider in buying a pin. They All loose money but as long as you enjoy it or that model its a hobby not an investment.

It not so much an investment but knowing the machine won’t be re-released as a vault edition has some importance for me. I want to feel like I have the version that potentially the designer would have designed if they had no limitations if that makes sense.

In the case of Metallica though there is no difference between the premium and LE apart from cabinet decals and powdercoat. That is possibly the case with other machines too

#17 3 years ago

Mirrored backglass is also different on MET, as with many LE's but not all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-le-are-they-all-limited-to-500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.