Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:Possible, demand is still fairly high but less than Ghostbusters.
    For what GB is selling for, it would be run before ST in my opinion if Stern wanted to latch onto that demand.

Ok, added it to the list. It's a huge theme.

#52 1 year ago

I’ve been a big denier of stern ever vaulting anything again.... BUT, with demand for new older titles waining. I think stern is going to consider a couple of things.

First, demand for certain other older titles.

Second, and most important, the need to produce spike 1 CPU’s. These boards are currently NLA, and the platform is not old. There are a lot of some of these out in the wild, for example game of thrones and ghostbusters.

Could you imagine how pissed you’d be if your spike cpu in you ghostbusters grenaded, and it became a paperweight?

Stern would love to just say too bad so sad buy something new, but they really can’t do that and piss off thousands of ghostbusters owners... can they?

So MY hot take theory is that they are going to vault a spike 1 title in 2023, just so they can justify another run of CPU’s.... or maybe they find a way to interface spike 2 with spike 1?

Spike 1 titles off the top of my head (and I know some of this is incomplete or wrong, so please correct me):

-They Proto’d spike 1 on walking dead and transformers, so they have the ability to do those... but I don’t see either of those vaulted because tf was pretty much a dog and walking dead the show is ending in 2 weeks.

-Home models (can’t remember which ones are spike one but there are a couple). These would be low hanging fruit for stern to vault, since build cost is low and profit ratio is higher.

-wrestlemania ... NO

-Kiss... big maybe, I guess it depends on license fees

-Game of thrones... no

That leaves... ghostbusters... there is huge demand for this game. My thought is that GB will be rerun in 2023 to fill demand and to create parts. Probably just the pro since stern seems to be sensitive to bom stuff lately, unless they Jack the price.

Will it be lcd or will it be low v Dmd? Who knows, whatever is cheaper for stern I guess LOL. People will buy it regardless.

Fire away
    Mike

#54 1 year ago

Added Spider-Man to the original post. Who knows what could happen in the future.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not sure how many times I have to say it: GHOSTBUSTERS WILL NEVER BE REMADE. It isn't happening. The licensing entanglements and the connection to John Trudeau make it impossible. I have it on good authority.

Some people apparently have poor memories and it’s sad you have to even correct them. A game linked to a pedo is never going to be vaulted!!

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

I’ve been a big denier of stern ever vaulting anything again.... BUT, with demand for new older titles waining. I think stern is going to consider a couple of things.
    First, demand for certain other older titles.
    Second, and most important, the need to produce spike 1 CPU’s. These boards are currently NLA, and the platform is not old. There are a lot of some of these out in the wild, for example game of thrones and ghostbusters.
    Could you imagine how pissed you’d be if your spike cpu in you ghostbusters grenaded, and it became a paperweight?
    Stern would love to just say too bad so sad buy something new, but they really can’t do that and piss off thousands of ghostbusters owners... can they?
    So MY hot take theory is that they are going to vault a spike 1 title in 2023, just so they can justify another run of CPU’s.... or maybe they find a way to interface spike 2 with spike 1?
    Spike 1 titles off the top of my head (and I know some of this is incomplete or wrong, so please correct me):
    -They Proto’d spike 1 on walking dead and transformers, so they have the ability to do those... but I don’t see either of those vaulted because tf was pretty much a dog and walking dead the show is ending in 2 weeks.
    -Home models (can’t remember which ones are spike one but there are a couple). These would be low hanging fruit for stern to vault, since build cost is low and profit ratio is higher.
    -wrestlemania ... NO
    -Kiss... big maybe, I guess it depends on license fees
    -Game of thrones... no
    That leaves... ghostbusters... there is huge demand for this game. My thought is that GB will be rerun in 2023 to fill demand and to create parts. Probably just the pro since stern seems to be sensitive to bom stuff lately, unless they Jack the price.
    Will it be lcd or will it be low v Dmd? Who knows, whatever is cheaper for stern I guess LOL. People will buy it regardless.
    Fire away
    Mike

Gene Simmons would charge too much so no KISS.

Again no GB, attached to a pedo and they said it will never happen. Can we stop bringing up GB being vaulted alreadt. ITS NOT HAPPENING.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I don't know. If it happened, thinking of the amount of LE's that collected dust on their band's website forever, it may shock them that Stern even considered to re-up the license and maybe they just update the old licensing agreement while not looking the gift horse in the mouth.

#58 1 year ago

Some people apparently have poor memories and it’s sad you have to even correct them. A game linked to a pedo is never going to be vaulted!!

Admittedly I didn't know about that (had to research), and I imagine 99% of the population doesn't either. If the movie studio determines it would be in their best interest, I doubt it would stop them. However, they have little to gain in having a pinball machine made, so you are probably correct that it will never happen.

#59 1 year ago

I really don’t believe a Vault will made again for years to come due to the backlog of games they have to get out and supply shortages. With that said, I hope any vault edition they make in the future will always be reskinned with different artwork. I mean IM VAULT was great but can you imagine if they reskinned that at the time was completely artwork and new playfield? That would’ve been spectacular.

#60 1 year ago

I can't recall now if it was just someone's wish pin here, or a rumor with actually cred - but I read something about a Transformers vault into the original animated series theme a year or two ago. Might be about time...

That would be a winner for me, assuming they improve the code at least a little too.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from kklank:

I really don’t believe a Vault will made again for years to come due to the backlog of games they have to get out and supply shortages. With that said, I hope any vault edition they make in the future will always be reskinned with different artwork. I mean IM VAULT was great but can you imagine if they reskinned that at the time was completely artwork and new playfield? That would’ve been spectacular.

Iron Man is still hugely popular as a theme. As a candidate for a re-skin, it would be amazing.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Iron Man is still hugely popular as a theme. As a candidate for a re-skin, it would be amazing.

Definitely. I'd be in on that immediately.

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Quoted from Pinballer73:

Definitely. I'd be in on that immediately.

At that time what would you call it Iron Man Vault+?

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

At that time what would you call it Iron Man Vault+?

Stern might just do away with the Vault titling in the future?

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Why isn't Star Trek on the list?

they did another short run allready

#66 1 year ago

Stern would use vaults to fill gaps, right now they have no gaps. But I don't see then re-cutting a game from DMD to LCD.

I think its more likely if there is a new vault it will be a LCD rerun.

#67 1 year ago

Stranger Things Pro only

#68 1 year ago

Can’t help but think this is the Pinball podcasters equivalent of “Pete Rose, in or out of the HoF?” Everyone’s gonna have an opinion and the chatter will go on forever.

There’s very little business case to do this. Rolling an old game onto a new platform, I’d guess you save very little from new development. You’d get playfield and mech design, that’s it. The OG vaults were from a different era. Not getting any hopes up. Enjoy the latest offerings, and keep all your alerts set for good copies of the old ones.

#69 1 year ago

They could afford it 7 years ago, but not now? Not sure I follow the logic here.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

They could afford it 7 years ago, but not now? Not sure I follow the logic here.

Kissflation dude.

1 week later
    #71 1 year ago

Would love a Tron or GB vault. Probably will be Metallica or TWD comic edition.

#72 1 year ago

There’s a million Metallicas out there. I want lotr or simpsons. Wishful thinking I know, but otherwise make more sw comics and ghostbusters

5 months later
    #73 9 months ago

Bump !! Would love an Updated MET with a LCD , new art and some eye candy . It makes perfect sense with the upcoming tour .I just sold mine with the intent to buy a MOP at some point but would much rather get a remake done up right .This would make my year

#74 9 months ago

Maybe I am in a minority but don't care at all about any vaults. Rather see something new especially given the current Stern design talent. If you want an older Stern game, go buy one now.

#75 9 months ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Maybe I am in a minority but don't care at all about any vaults. Rather see something new especially given the current Stern design talent. If you want an older Stern game, go buy one now.

With the amount of cannibalization done by Godzilla on the other new machines that have come out by Stern i theorize the slower release schedule is probably here to stay.

And with the new increased production lines you might as well start putting out vaults of a lot of the older machines.

#76 9 months ago

LCD Vault?
    I heard SAM Vault from Zach Meny, and all SAM titles had DMD’s.
    If I had to wager, and if it truly is a SAM, I would think either MET or AC/DC.
    And I still don’t believe a DMD title will ever be upgraded to an LCD for the purpose of a Vault.

#77 9 months ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Ll
    And I still don’t believe a DMD title will ever be upgraded to an LCD for the purpose of a Vault.

+1

#78 9 months ago

It's never gonna happen. Metallica, Tron...just as likely to see an LCD "vault" of Target Alpha.

#79 9 months ago

There's already an LCD vault of Metallica.

#80 9 months ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

There's been a lot of talk recently about games being vaulted. We all know there are production delays, but things will return to normal and Stern will re-release titles again.
    Tron was the hot contender. This week, the talk shifted (The Pinball Show Ep 116) that Stern could be working on an old title in a new wrapper with LCD screen...that isn't Lord of the Rings or Tron.
    Post here your speculation and rumours. I'll start with a list of games that I think are possible (based on theme).
    Metallica
    Ghostbusters
    Iron Man
    The Walking Dead
    Transformers
    KISS
    AC/DC
    The Simpsons Pinball Party
    Indiana Jones
    Spider-Man
    Star Trek
    Edit: I'm adding Tron to this list for future speculation because I do think we will see an LCD version of Tron by 2025.

I heard it was Metallica.

#81 9 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

There's already an LCD vault of Metallica.

Sick!

They'll sell a ton of them.

And I'll pick up an old DMD version for pennies on the dollar!

#82 9 months ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Definitely in the minority.

#83 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sick!
    They'll sell a ton of them.

Oh, sorry, I meant GOTG.

#84 9 months ago

I'd like to own AC/DC again. Don't see many Premiums pop up for sale in Australia and when they do, they're pricey.

#85 9 months ago

Stern would have to get a new license. It make sense to have new design and rules if they go after title they have used before.

#86 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's never gonna happen. Metallica, Tron...just as likely to see an LCD "vault" of Target Alpha.

I like the way you think. Clear out some drop target inventory…

#87 9 months ago

is there even going to be any vault again? it's been years since they have done any. when was the last one 2019? didn't they do a few hundred game of thrones pros. i don't even think they said we will see any vault games again.

2 weeks later
    #88 9 months ago

"The consensus amongst those who commented on the posts was that people want to see vaults for three specific games, TRON, Lord of the Rings and Ghostbusters. There has been some mentions about a potential Spider-Man Vault (again) as well.

I'm hearing that the machine that Stern wants to Vault the most is...Ghostbusters."

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/rumor-stern-pinball-wants-to-vault-ghostbusters

#89 9 months ago
    Quoted from Maniac227:

I'm hearing that the machine that Stern wants to Vault the most is...Ghostbusters."
    https://www.knapparcade.org/post/rumor-stern-pinball-wants-to-vault-ghostbusters

Yeah, I'm sure they are dying to send some more royalties Truedau's way and revisit what was surely a traumatizing time over at Stern HQ.

Who comes up with this bullshit?!

#90 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, I'm sure they are dying to send some more royalties Truedau's way and revisit what was surely a traumatizing time over at Stern HQ.
    Who comes up with this bullshit?!

Money talks and based on the value of used machines, Ghostbusters would probably sell like crazy.

#91 9 months ago

Tron please!

#92 9 months ago
    Quoted from Geeterman1:

Money talks and based on the value of used machines, Ghostbusters would probably sell like crazy.

So would half dozen other games. Yet we need to keep pretending Ghostbusters is coming out again. For some reason.

#93 9 months ago

Ghostbusters is a hot license and goes for good money on the secondhand market. They've vaulted Spider-Man with new art, they've re-skinned The Dark Knight as Batman '66, why not the George Gomez magic on the Ghostbusters layout? LCD would be the icing on that cake.

#94 9 months ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Ghostbusters is a hot license and goes for good money on the secondhand market. They've vaulted Spider-Man with new art, they've re-skinned The Dark Knight as Batman '66, why not the George Gomez magic on the Ghostbusters layout? LCD would be the icing on that cake.

I'd rather Gomez left it alone. I'll buy one... But I'd like it to be the game I know, not some variation of it.

#95 9 months ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I'd rather Gomez left it alone. I'll buy one... But I'd like it to be the game I know, not some variation of it.

We'll see what November brings...all we can do is dream/speculate.

#96 8 months ago

Tron = Take my money
    GB premium = yes please
    Tspp = yes

I don’t care about anything else.

#97 8 months ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Ghostbusters is a hot license and goes for good money on the secondhand market.

And GB Afterlife relaunched the franchise, followup is already in production.

I have been offered some good money for my GB Pro, no thanks.

#98 8 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

And GB Afterlife relaunched the franchise, followup is already in production.
    I have been offered some good money for my GB Pro, no thanks.

I wish I still had my GB Pro, but had to move it on to get the next game. Hope to get a Ghostbusters in some form again one day. Would love to have Zombie Yeti's beautiful art on that game in my line-up again.

1 month later
    #99 7 months ago

Jared from Stern is currently at a Metallica concert in some type of VIP capacity. I'm connecting the dots and thinking that the private catered box is linked to Stern...more bread crumbs that a new Metallica pin is coming? I say this because there was the previous story that Metallica toured the factory and were interested in a new game.

#100 7 months ago

KISS have their 50th year anniversary this year, but guess another anniversary pin that close to JP woun't happen

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-lcd-vault-speculation/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.