Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0926_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
    IMG_0617 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F96BD969-0592-4385-AA3B-DB96846368AF (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).png
    Hey Oh (resized).jpg
    62137817_10157445719774244_5121993223421558784_o (resized).jpg
    59873570_10157381109639244_7154546187985485824_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    6E4B1DA4-EAA3-4C6F-A1DC-EFCD450BB6CB (resized).jpeg
    C466E29E-D562-45B4-B9FC-52232F0C7B8C (resized).jpeg
    085B7AAF-3936-4306-BD92-9F1068C96FF6 (resized).jpeg
    29DB83DA-2C23-48A5-A2E4-B27BE5A77CE1.gif
    IMG_0537 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0536 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0535 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't try to have more tiers of stupid. Spend money to let you spend more money! Are people really that gaga for Stern?

I hope that $30 gets you a shirt and that it's a nice shirt. At that point you're just slightly overpaying for a t-shirt and to get an email 5 minutes before the info shows up here.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

I guess i'm still confused what makes Stern a "a global lifestyle brand". What does that mean?

It's marketing talk for we sell stuff with our brand on it besides our core product. Think of Harley Davidson's apparel division being a substantial amount of their annual revenue.

Stern wants to get into selling more branded t-shirts, coffee mugs, mouse pads, etc because of the insane profit margin.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

AKA they want to start trying to be a normal company. For years the Stern store had nothing to buy with their name on it, which is just dumb.
    So now they're trying to fix that which makes sense.
    The apparel section on the website now may get a little action going. Personally, I've never seen such a horrible collection of clothing since Ed Hardy polished Satan;s knob...but hey people loved that too.

Stern has been leaving money on the table for years. They could have justified branded apparel and swag for years, but finally start to come around to it when there's a dozen other companies vying for mindshare in the market. It's the same people that still can't figure out how to ship a brand new game with a multitude of optional accessories ready to buy day one at exorbanate prices.

Can't buy the Munsters? Well instead, how about you buy this $35 t-shirt and walk around as a billboard for our game.

Mild progress...

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Is this the shitty shirt you get for $30...
    [quoted image]

Ugh. But respect for colored sleeves.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Old dudes & Ringer T's DON'T mix!

What, you don't like that sausage look of their arm flab being squeezed at the end of the sleeve? It's better than seeing it wobble while they play.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

They probably got the idea from the relationship with Supreme.

2u2t7g (resized).jpg2u2t7g (resized).jpg
    #48 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Early access to the newest games?
    Don't mean jack shit to me but for 30 bucks a year I can see that being a valuable service for some of you NIB LE-buying lunatics.
    If in fact, it's "early access to buy" games.

It's pretty skeevy if this is all about charging people for the right to pre-pre-order

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

First TWIP rolls out a ridiculous paid rumor program last week. So this week, Stern felt the need to roll out a "hold my beer" initiative that is just as trashy.

Yeah but it's $30 vs $240 for a year.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Mouse pads?? Does anyone still use a mousepad in 2019? A T-shirt or coffee mug would be cool

It was a joke third item because it seems like a dated thing that Stern would pursue. Although I bet there is some overlap in the pinball buying demographic and people who are into novelty mouse pads...

2 weeks later
    #188 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i think stern needs to be working more on making their games non disposable instead of stupid shit like this.

Marketing and game development are different departments doing different things. This has no effect on the other

1 week later
    #236 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, that's true. Maybe that's becoming more common again with such a big focus on location pinball lately. Just sucks for us home buyers.

I'd actually argue that they're trying to cater to home buyers more now than ever. The code on many games is much deeper than it used to be which is primarily for home collectors. The games are less complicated from a mechanical standpoint which makes it easier for home buyers that can't even rebuild a flipper (And yes, operators get games that are generally more reliable with less failure points. But operators are going to regularly buy whatever Stern makes because they have to change up their lineups for their customers and maximize returns on buying/routing/selling/trading games)

#242 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I went to the website. Couldn't find shit. So I did open my eyes. Shouldn't be this difficult to find something that should have been included with the fawking game in the first place.
    Crappy attitude? Of course i'm going to have a crappy attitude.
    Stern releases 14 fawking games on this system before they decide to pull their heads out of their ass and release something that should have been released with game 1.
    Which says to me as a customer, to what Sterns line of thinking is.
    Stern pinball - We have a large number of non tech collectors buying our games now. Lets make our games non repairable so they have to spend $300 on replacement parts from us. Then, down the road we stop supporting that boardset, they have to throw away their games and buy whatever new shit we are making at the time.
    14........that's 14 different games Stern has made with no schematics to be had anywhere. So yeah, I might be irritated by how this was handled by Stern from the beginning. And now Schematics are available, yet I couldn't find shit on the website when trying to look for it before when you said they were available.

How "fawking" hard is it to click the support button on the top of their website and slightly scroll down?

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

TY, but that's where I was when I tried to find them before. These are my choices in the support area.
    Service bulletins
    Game code
    Coinage cards
    Registration
    contact us
    None of which have this info. Unless it's hidden somewhere.

Scroll down

You might be shocked, SHOCKED, to learn you've been missing out on a ton of content on the internet.

1 year later
    #346 3 years ago

I had forgotten about this until my renew receipt and an email from Stern saying to expect a box soon.

I hope the shirt is better than the last one (assuming that’s what it is). I honestly wouldn’t mind overpaying for this program if the shirt was decent. But it was a waste this last year

I’m sure Stern would refund me if I asked, but whatever.

#356 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Are people really still doing this? Why not just buy a shirt or hat if you want one and not deal with sifting through all the rest of the garbage they send you throughout the year. Are they still doing that podcast that nobody cares about?

I do care, because I enjoy the inside baseball of the industry. The interviews with creative team members, some various design photos and whitewood stage photos, and some other random tidbits.

I was dissatisfied with the amount of content produced though. 7 pods, 3 whatever videos, and barely any photos over this past year. Hell, they couldn't even send the Insiders the teaser and announcement trailers since Black Knight. I know this stuff shows up on pinside almost immediately, but it's the gesture of putting some sort of good faith effort to make this more than a cash grab. Instead, all I really get is a bunch of emails telling me about code updates for games I don't even own

#358 3 years ago

They put up a pod this morning with the team discussing Avengers

Great listen.

#360 3 years ago

Well, I feel like I know a lot more about Avengers than most people on pinside after that pod. I'm going to enjoy my brief insider knowledge of Keith saying what his proudest achievement at Stern has been, some of the general scoring features and wizard mode features (interesting limited flip mode that is different than any other implementation I've heard of), and how they came up with some of the designs.

I still think Insider is expensive for what you get, but this pod being ready for reveal day was great considering how relatively little is known now and Dead Flip isn't streaming it for another week.

#362 3 years ago

Well fuck-a-doodle-do if I didn't have to pay for that pod

Anyhow, Stern does have the sort of insiders you're talking about. They're just few and it's mostly beta testers. Stern can get all the free opinions about what they're doing wrong and what people want that they can handle on Pinside.

And even if there was a NDA, there would still be leaks. The bigger you make a secretive group, the more likely it is to fail.

7 months later
    #367 3 years ago

Hey I forgot I was subscribed to this again. Anyways, I looked up this years box

DSC_0926_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgDSC_0926_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg

Insider-Red 21.5” Bandana (Limited to 500 pieces) Designed by Tavi Veraldi *Chicago, IL*
    16 oz Glow-In-The-Dark Stadium Cup Designed by Erik Lundquist *Chicago, IL*
    3D Sticker Pack Designed by Brad Albright *Dallas, TX*
    Black Vinyl Arcade Companion (Coin Purse) Designed by Tavi Veraldi *Chicago, IL*

I was hoping for something like a Zombie Yeti art print or something. I do like Brad Albright's artwork, but the rest is so-so.

#369 3 years ago

I wish it was an actual durag. Then I could go around the house annoying my wife while I sing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-launches-stern-insider-all-access-program?tu=treybo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.