Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0926_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
    IMG_0617 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F96BD969-0592-4385-AA3B-DB96846368AF (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).png
    Hey Oh (resized).jpg
    62137817_10157445719774244_5121993223421558784_o (resized).jpg
    59873570_10157381109639244_7154546187985485824_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    6E4B1DA4-EAA3-4C6F-A1DC-EFCD450BB6CB (resized).jpeg
    C466E29E-D562-45B4-B9FC-52232F0C7B8C (resized).jpeg
    085B7AAF-3936-4306-BD92-9F1068C96FF6 (resized).jpeg
    29DB83DA-2C23-48A5-A2E4-B27BE5A77CE1.gif
    IMG_0537 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0536 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0535 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerptsd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/sternrewardsprogram/
    TL;DR version ... opportunity for players to purchase a new game at a discounted price once per year.

Any idea what the discounted prices are?

#105 5 years ago

Any ideas what this could be? I googled purple martin. Its a bird.

20190220_083730 (resized).jpg20190220_083730 (resized).jpg
    #150 5 years ago

I don't know if I'm willing to join this but $30 a year could be ANY fan club........

20190222_092803 (resized).jpg20190222_092803 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #176 5 years ago

The website is not doing very well apparently.
    When I went to sign up, it said I was already a member. I logged in and sure enough I have access.
    I never gave any credit card, shipping or shirt size info and I dont see how I can even try to sign up properly right now short of opening a new email account.
    Once logged in there is literally NOTHING there yet. Click on the exclusive merch....also empty. Come on stern

#191 5 years ago

I mostly want the box now to put my spare parts in.

#200 5 years ago

Just charge people $20 if they feel like joining and leave the garbage merchandise out of it. I would actually like a stern shirt but that shirt is going to be a rag to most people. A pin or a patch is great for my leather biker vest I guess? (kidding)
    I dont mind paying to be in a club (I'm in the iron maiden club) but send a nice stern magazine or something not stuff you couldn't sell. Instead of asking my shirt size, maybe ask me what my latest stern purchase was and send my a promo for it? Idk, this all seems so forced. There is nothing of any substance yet. I'm ok with the paid membership if I feel like I get something out of it but right now Stern offers up a big plate of f you

1 month later
    #276 4 years ago

I've been waiting on mine for over a month now

#283 4 years ago

I got an email letting me know my Stern package should arrive Thursday. Yay.
    I bet they get a lot more subscribers now that people know they could win a playfield.
    I hope they raffle off some Ghostbusters and Deadpool playfields but most of all I'd lose my mind if I won a Batman '66 playfield.

#284 4 years ago

My insider package arrived today....crushed beyond recognition. It comes in a plastic bag. I opened the bag to find a crushed box with a shirt in it. The pin and patch were in the bag. I'm not really complaining but I kind of wanted the box to keep some extra plastics and titans in it
    Why even waste the money on the nice boxes with plastic handles? Ship them in basic brown if you dont care about them. Just a weird business decision to make custom boxes then ship them out to be destroyed before they get to members.
    Fingers crossed they raffle off a Batman '66 playfield.

2 months later
    #295 4 years ago

The merch was no good and there is no inside info but I'm hoping to win one of the playfield they raffle off every month. I'd love a Batman 66, Deadpool, or Ghostbusters for my wall.

5 months later
    #322 4 years ago

Is it even worth it at this point? The first year got you some cheesy loot. I haven't seen any incentive to stay.

#324 4 years ago

......although if I'm the only one to renew that means I'll win a bunch of playfields lol

2 weeks later
    #328 4 years ago

Why would anyone renew? Is there another incentive package? Do they even raffle off playfields anymore? I havent seen any in a while. Stern gives no reason to be a member. I use my ugly Stern shirt as a cleaning rag btw lol

1 month later
    #341 4 years ago

Same pin and patch as last year though? Lame. Wasted money so far. Doubt I'll renew.
    Insiders get the lame Stern Merch that doest sell. Where are the nice Tshirt. I k ow yiu guys have em. Fork em over lol

#342 4 years ago

Insiders should get the promo flyers of all Sterns currently available line up at least. Doubles as marketing.

5 months later
    #353 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Some people, besides those on Pinside. Enjoy it and get something out of it.
    LTG : )

Liar lol
    That shirt was horrible joke to anyone and there is almost no content put out by Stern that isnt as simple as a Google search the next day. Not that they even put any content out really.
    I wish it WAS a better program but its crap to anyone that pissed away that money, not just pinsiders.

#357 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I can't comment on the shirt. I haven't seen one.
    As far as a Google search. Everyday 20 or 30 new people join Pinside. Many of them, and Pinside members already. Don't know how to search. Care to search. Or are lazy.
    How many times do you see the same person making multiple posts looking for a simple response. Or asking again and ignoring previous posts answering it. Or asking a question that has been answered a few posts above their question. Too many people want to be spoon fed these days.
    Some people like it simply emailed to them. Or get info a day early. Must be a market for it or it wouldn't exist. Or they are committed Stern supporters.
    LTG : )

So the program should be shit with little to no effort put in just because there are too many people that also wont put in the effort to just read or search out something of interest to them? Im not privy to any inside info. Im not a pinball veteran. I found pinside no problem and i get answers to my questions no problem. The insider program is just a cash grab. Dirty pool Stern.

Also, the shirt became a work shirt immediately. Picture the kind of shirt youd find in a dollar store then put a Stern logo on in. It loke they had all this promo stock in a warehouse that they couldnt even give away so Gary told them to chuck them in the insider swag bag. Swag is nice but its the lack of any "inside" info or special treatment that makes it so insulting.

#364 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Well, I feel like I know a lot more about Avengers than most people on pinside after that pod. I'm going to enjoy my brief insider knowledge of Keith saying what his proudest achievement at Stern has been, some of the general scoring features and wizard mode features (interesting limited flip mode that is different than any other implementation I've heard of), and how they came up with some of the designs.
    I still think Insider is expensive for what you get, but this pod being ready for reveal day was great considering how relatively little is known now and Dead Flip isn't streaming it for another week.

I listened to the whole thing earlier today and im not an insider anymore. Welcome to the internet. Nothing special here

7 months later
    #366 3 years ago

I got the Insider subscription for free for one year with my AIQ purchase. Do i not get a goodie bag though? I wanted some stickers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerptsd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-launches-stern-insider-all-access-program?tu=knockerptsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.