Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0926_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
    IMG_0617 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F96BD969-0592-4385-AA3B-DB96846368AF (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).png
    Hey Oh (resized).jpg
    62137817_10157445719774244_5121993223421558784_o (resized).jpg
    59873570_10157381109639244_7154546187985485824_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    6E4B1DA4-EAA3-4C6F-A1DC-EFCD450BB6CB (resized).jpeg
    C466E29E-D562-45B4-B9FC-52232F0C7B8C (resized).jpeg
    085B7AAF-3936-4306-BD92-9F1068C96FF6 (resized).jpeg
    29DB83DA-2C23-48A5-A2E4-B27BE5A77CE1.gif
    IMG_0537 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0536 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0535 (resized).jpeg
    There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I want a refund on my Stern Insider - so far biggest waste of money I've spent in decades.
    Just a cash grab.

If that is your biggest waste of $$ spent in decades, you are $10's of thousands of dollars ahead of most people and should be happy!

#302 4 years ago

I got my t-shirt, patch, and pin. For $30, I don't know what you were expecting!

Also semi-regular communication and offers. One cool thing is that Waison from Stern came up to me at SFGE and complemented my insider shirt and we chatted for a bit.

#303 4 years ago

I want a refund on my Stern Insider - so far biggest waste of money I've spent in decades.
    Just a cash grab.

Put me down as impressed as well -- with the parking ticket I just got I've already wasted $25 today and it's not even lunchtime yet.

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Also semi-regular communication and offers. One cool thing is that Waison from Stern came up to me at SFGE and complemented my insider shirt and we chatted for a bit.

That's cool! Mike V. from Stern hooked me up with an awesome Deadpool translite!

I wish they had some Insider deals at SFGE/the marco booth, but maybe as they learn how to really get into the program they will do more of that stuff.

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's cool! Mike V. from Stern hooked me up with an awesome Deadpool translite!
    I wish they had some Insider deals at SFGE/the marco booth, but maybe as they learn how to really get into the program they will do more of that stuff.

Totally. Discount on Stern merch would be cool.

#306 4 years ago

Come on guys, keep the ball low.. It's just 30$ a year, we got some merch in a nice box worth 20$, shipped free worldwide (! - the UPS shipping to Europe alone probably costed more!), regular raffles with really awesome prices and some not-so-exclusive digital content. They really do mean well, just lack a little experience.
    All in all I am happy with what I got, I've spent more money on worse things..

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from cynric:

Come on guys, keep the ball low.. It's just 30$ a year, we got some merch in a nice box worth 20$, shipped free worldwide (! - the UPS shipping to Europe alone probably costed more!), regular raffles with really awesome prices and some not-so-exclusive digital content. They really do mean well, just lack a little experience.
    All in all I am happy with what I got, I've spent more money on worse things..

Wait, what? How'd you do that? Did they fix that?
    I couldn't choose a country just a state.

#308 4 years ago

I want a refund on my Stern Insider. Biggest waste of money I've spent in decades.

I'd offer to swap you something for the T-shirt and pin, but I don't want to be guilty of insider trading.

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wait, what? How'd you do that? Did they fix that?
    I couldn't choose a country just a state.

Well if I remember correctly I just entered my whole address including country in the address line. I expected to get a cancellation note via email, but it worked like a charm.

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I'd offer to swap you something for the T-shirt and pin, but I don't want to be guilty of insider trading.

Hey Oh (resized).jpgHey Oh (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #311 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'd prefer to be a TWIP insider but with sitting overseas I don't qualify for any raffle.

Quoted from Aphex:

I live in a state that is ineligible but I don't understand why b/c its only listed as 'its complicated sorry' even though people from this state have won things after said rules were established. I like Jeff & the content he provides. I understand he works hard on the site and is reputable unlike certain people in the 'pinball media' . But i'm not paying $20 a month for rumors that can be found here (in abundance) or mentioned via podcasts

Hey guys, thanks for the consideration! To give a little more info on the ineligible states, I talked to a lawyer when setting up the Sweepstakes, and for those states I'd have to hire a third party to the registrations and post bonds within those states depending on the value of the giveaways, and it was going to be prohibitively expensive (and more complex than I wanted). To include other countries it was going to be even more expensive and complex. It sucks, really hate having to exclude anyone anywhere. Sorry!

#312 4 years ago
    image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
    #313 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

[quoted image]

Did you win?

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Hey guys, thanks for the consideration! To give a little more info on the ineligible states, I talked to a lawyer when setting up the Sweepstakes, and for those states I'd have to hire a third party to the registrations and post bonds within those states depending on the value of the giveaways, and it was going to be prohibitively expensive (and more complex than I wanted). To include other countries it was going to be even more expensive and complex. It sucks, really hate having to exclude anyone anywhere. Sorry!

I completely understand this but (sorry for beeing so frank):
    Would it be possible for us to be excluded from the raffle but therefore maybe pay a bit less then 20$ for the insider access?

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Did you win?

No just saw on FB

#316 4 years ago

Are there any non-US users who have successfully completed the registration and who have received the Starter Pack?

What was the content of the article published last week about Jurassic Park?

#317 4 years ago
    Quoted from Peanuts:

Are there any non-US users who have successfully completed the registration and who have received the Starter Pack?

I got my Stern Insider pack- as mentioned got it with no extra charge for international shipping

#318 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I got my Stern Insider pack- as mentioned got it with no extra charge for international shipping

Thank a lot for the info.

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Ok, there's now an additional cost of $10 for international shipping.

#320 4 years ago

YOU BROKE IT!!!

4 months later
    #321 4 years ago

Anyone get billed for the second year yet? What is the cost for the second year?

#322 4 years ago

Is it even worth it at this point? The first year got you some cheesy loot. I haven't seen any incentive to stay.

#323 4 years ago

I just cancelled. The podcast is my favorite part and you can get that with the free tier.

#324 4 years ago

......although if I'm the only one to renew that means I'll win a bunch of playfields lol

2 weeks later
    #325 4 years ago

What are everyone's thoughts on renewing their Stern Insider membership? It's coming up in about a month.

I'm honestly on the fence. I originally joined on day 1 and didn't get my kit until 4 months later, having to follow up with Stern multiple times to get it shipped.

There have been only 2 or 3 things that were interesting throughout the year.

Do you think they will do more this year? Keep it the same? Do less?

#326 4 years ago

Does it auto renewal? How do you cancel?

#327 4 years ago

It does auto renew, per their site:

"Your subscription will be renewed automatically and billed to your credit card account at the beginning of each subscription period until you cancel this annual service. You may cancel at any time by emailing [email protected] to terminate future use of the service and automatic renewals will end. There are no refunds."

#328 4 years ago

Why would anyone renew? Is there another incentive package? Do they even raffle off playfields anymore? I havent seen any in a while. Stern gives no reason to be a member. I use my ugly Stern shirt as a cleaning rag btw lol

#329 4 years ago

So there is no new goodie box each year? Has anyone confirmed this?
    There hasn't been much on the "exclusive news", no "early access to games", "limited edition merch" and no "insider events around the world" that I am aware of. The podcast and the few BTS photos are nice though.
    It'd be nice if Stern clarified renewal terms and future plans!

#330 4 years ago

Yeah...if there is no yearly goody box, I'm definitely out. I really liked the goodies, but honestly have not even looked at any of the exclusive info...it ends up here within an hour anyway...

1 week later
    #331 4 years ago

Just logged into my Stern account and got this. May be worth changing passwords to be safe.

F96BD969-0592-4385-AA3B-DB96846368AF (resized).jpegF96BD969-0592-4385-AA3B-DB96846368AF (resized).jpeg
    #332 4 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Just logged into my Stern account and got this. May be worth changing passwords to be safe.[quoted image]

website updates are just as slow as there code updates????

3 weeks later
    #333 4 years ago
    Quoted from cynric:

So there is no new goodie box each year? Has anyone confirmed this?
    There hasn't been much on the "exclusive news", no "early access to games", "limited edition merch" and no "insider events around the world" that I am aware of. The podcast and the few BTS photos are nice though.
    It'd be nice if Stern clarified renewal terms and future plans!

confirmed. This year I got a hat, lanyard, (same pin, same badge)... and a "Member Card" that I didn't get last year. Not sure what the card is used for...

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from nowakster:

confirmed. This year I got a hat, lanyard, (same pin, same badge)... and a "Member Card" that I didn't get last year. Not sure what the card is used for...

Thanks for posting. At least I know that I'm going to get something back for my money. I was thinking about dropping my membership for this year but thought I would stick it out another year to see what it would bring.

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

Thanks for posting. At least I know that I'm going to get something back for my money. I was thinking about dropping my membership for this year but thought I would stick it out another year to see what it would bring.

Yeah that's where i'm at with the membership. It's worth it for the swag since i'd be spending that or more on the stuff they send even if it's not my first choice of merch.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from nowakster:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 week later
    #337 4 years ago

Has anyone else gotten their NEW box yet? I was "auto-renewed" on Feb. 28 and was wondering if Stern is able to get their kits out sooner.

Last year it took me two months to get my box. I was told the delay was due to reprinting the t-shirts as they ran out.

#338 4 years ago

I got mine a few days ago. Can't remember when it auto renewed me, but the boxes are going out.

#339 4 years ago

Ok, I take back any doubtful thoughts that I had. My box arrived today with baseball hat, lanyard, patch, pin, thank you card, and the mysterious Member Card!

Oh joyous day!

#340 4 years ago

And the proof to "Show Me What You Got"...

IMG_0617 (resized).JPGIMG_0617 (resized).JPG
    #341 4 years ago

Same pin and patch as last year though? Lame. Wasted money so far. Doubt I'll renew.
    Insiders get the lame Stern Merch that doest sell. Where are the nice Tshirt. I k ow yiu guys have em. Fork em over lol

#342 4 years ago

Insiders should get the promo flyers of all Sterns currently available line up at least. Doubles as marketing.

2 months later
    #343 3 years ago
    Quoted from Peanuts:

I’m in Canada and got my swag pack 3 months (covid times) after I signed up!

#344 3 years ago

I don't intend to resubscribe. Don't see much value in this other than initial swag pack.

#345 3 years ago
    Quoted from northofthewall:

I’m in Canada and got my swag pack 3 months (covid times) after I signed up!

Shipping the pack to France was relatively quick before the current context.

2 months later
    #346 3 years ago

I had forgotten about this until my renew receipt and an email from Stern saying to expect a box soon.

I hope the shirt is better than the last one (assuming that’s what it is). I honestly wouldn’t mind overpaying for this program if the shirt was decent. But it was a waste this last year

I’m sure Stern would refund me if I asked, but whatever.

#347 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I had forgotten about this until my renew receipt and an email from Stern saying to expect a box soon.
    I hope the shirt is better than the last one (assuming that’s what it is). I honestly wouldn’t mind overpaying for this program if the shirt was decent. But it was a waste this last year

If Stern has created a program where you are paying for your own shirt as your main benefit, then it's not much of a recognition program. Right?

#348 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It was a hat this year.

#349 3 years ago

See last picture above. I spilled the beans for everyone here.

#350 3 years ago

Are people really still doing this? Why not just buy a shirt or hat if you want one and not deal with sifting through all the rest of the garbage they send you throughout the year. Are they still doing that podcast that nobody cares about?

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-launches-stern-insider-all-access-program/page/7?hl=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.