Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0926_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
    IMG_0617 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F96BD969-0592-4385-AA3B-DB96846368AF (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).png
    Hey Oh (resized).jpg
    62137817_10157445719774244_5121993223421558784_o (resized).jpg
    59873570_10157381109639244_7154546187985485824_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    6E4B1DA4-EAA3-4C6F-A1DC-EFCD450BB6CB (resized).jpeg
    C466E29E-D562-45B4-B9FC-52232F0C7B8C (resized).jpeg
    085B7AAF-3936-4306-BD92-9F1068C96FF6 (resized).jpeg
    29DB83DA-2C23-48A5-A2E4-B27BE5A77CE1.gif
    IMG_0537 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0536 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0535 (resized).jpeg
    There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zukram:

What was the promotion ? I was somewhat surprised with my latest pin purchase, got a stern lanyard and a stern t-shirt included..

For Stern's 30th anniversary you had to email your proof of purchase to Stern and they sent you a t-shirt. This was a couple years ago. The machines came with a flyer inside with the offer.

#252 5 years ago

This sounds an awful lot like "Loot Crate" where you sign up to be shipped unsold promotional junk from random movies and conventions.

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't see anybody ragging on Brawny paper towels for price when Bounty costs more!

You, clearly, don't hang out in the paper towel forums!

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

This sounds an awful lot like "Loot Crate" where you sign up to be shipped unsold promotional junk from random movies and conventions.

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I thought. I’m putting my $30 towards my next Stern NIB machine purchase where it will actually reduce the cost of my machine by about $30 bucks.

#255 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Probably order it this week if there is any Pros in stock. Thank you for your concern Squizz.

Yawn

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmaniac:

Of course, I asked several times without a valid reason being offered. It is a known issue. I don't know of anyone who actually received a shirt from that promotion.

I received one for my purchase of a Ghostbusters pro. Though I think they sent me a different size than what I requested...

#257 5 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I received one for my purchase of a Ghostbusters pro. Though I think they sent me a different size than what I requested...

Yes I got one too for Ghostbusters LE. Pretty sure my size was also wrong.

#258 5 years ago

Am I the only one here who has more than enough pinball t-Shirts already?

Any of you guys who've gotten stiffed from Stern, reach out, I'll send you one if it'll help smooth things over.

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Am I the only one here who has more than enough pinball t-Shirts already?
    Any of you guys who've gotten stiffed from Stern, reach out, I'll send you one if it'll help smooth things over.

Send one to VIRELAND if he promises to stop vwhining.

#260 5 years ago

TY, but that's where I was when I tried to find them before. These are my choices in the support area.

Service bulletins
    Game code
    Coinage cards
    Registration
    contact us

None of which have this info. Unless it's hidden somewhere.

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

TY, but that's where I was when I tried to find them before. These are my choices in the support area.
    Service bulletins
    Game code
    Coinage cards
    Registration
    contact us
    None of which have this info. Unless it's hidden somewhere.

Scroll down

You might be shocked, SHOCKED, to learn you've been missing out on a ton of content on the internet.

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Scroll down
    You might be shocked, SHOCKED, to learn you've been missing out on a ton of content on the internet.

Ahhhh, it was the screen with the boxes. Thought it was in the drop down section. Didn't know there was a section beyond the boxes. Looked like I was already at the bottom of the page. Tricky. Should be part of the drop down menu as well. Thank you.

#263 5 years ago

New email with photos and a video of the new Munsters topper just came out.

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

New email with photos and a video of the new Munsters topper just came out.

And a picture of the topper is already on Facebook.

#265 5 years ago

This program is not exciting news at all.

#266 5 years ago

I wonder if the insider program will reveal where in Sterns schedule the Ghostbusters code update is? Lol

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder if the insider program will reveal where in Sterns schedule the Ghostbusters code update is? Lol

Insiders will be first to know when Stern announces they aren't going to do any more GB updates.

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Insiders will be first to know when Stern announces they aren't going to do any more GB updates.

Oh its coming, we've been told that for 17 months now in every single Stern of the Union address lol.

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder when JJP will tire of selling LE editions of WOZ LOL LE thats funny

#270 5 years ago

The dirty little secret I heard was Lyman was asked to do a GB code update, so he took one home, dowsed it in gasoline, lit it on fire, and invited all his friends over for a bonfire and weenie roast. He was last seen holding a flaming Mia Tia, laughing hysterically with a glint in his eye yelling “I’ll see you all burn in Hell before I fix GB code!!!” That was also just about the same time George Gomez was last seen walking into Dwights cube with with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. The burnt out carcass of the GB cabinet can still be seen from space on Google Earth.

#271 5 years ago

Hmm I didn't get the email.

#272 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

And a picture of the topper is already on Facebook.

But we got a video!

2 weeks later
    #273 5 years ago

I guess that the program is very successful. Haven't gotten my lunch box after a month, so they must be busy!

#274 5 years ago

Waiting on mine as well. I think they had such a big response they had to order more shirts.

For those that are surprised about a $30 fan club, I was prompted to check the auto-renewal status on our D23 membership today.... This is the official Disney fan club for those who aren't familiar.

Stern is just scratching the surface of scientifically extracting dollars from their markets, Disney is the expert.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 month later
    #275 4 years ago

Yea! Just got my lunch box today!
    I heard that they ran out of shirts before, so this is the second round.

Got the shirt, pin, and greeting card. No patch.

#276 4 years ago

I've been waiting on mine for over a month now

#277 4 years ago

Mine was two months. Patience I guess.

Just contacted Stern and they will make it right. Patch is coming to me next week.

All hail Stern!

#278 4 years ago

So have you guys been getting heaps of insider info?

#279 4 years ago

I signed up the day they announced it and still haven't gotten my welcome box. I was told shirts was the reason, but it's been months now.

Sigh.

I'm in no rush but some communication would be cool. "Hang in there, we are still working on fulfilling all the boxes."

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

The video of the unreleased Munsters topper in action was cool. But other than that not too much.

#281 4 years ago

Stern Pinball
    15 hrs ·
    Congrats to Aaron from Oklahoma on being April’s Stern Insider All-Access winner! You're receiving a Munsters Pro Play-field! Do you have insider all-access? Learn more here: https://sternpinball.com/stern-insider/ #InsiderAllAccess #MonthlyWinner #SternPinball
    Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling

59873570_10157381109639244_7154546187985485824_o (resized).jpg59873570_10157381109639244_7154546187985485824_o (resized).jpg
    #282 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

No heaps. If it’s on there, it’s usually reposted here.

I have enjoyed some of the video, however.

#283 4 years ago

I got an email letting me know my Stern package should arrive Thursday. Yay.
    I bet they get a lot more subscribers now that people know they could win a playfield.
    I hope they raffle off some Ghostbusters and Deadpool playfields but most of all I'd lose my mind if I won a Batman '66 playfield.

#284 4 years ago

My insider package arrived today....crushed beyond recognition. It comes in a plastic bag. I opened the bag to find a crushed box with a shirt in it. The pin and patch were in the bag. I'm not really complaining but I kind of wanted the box to keep some extra plastics and titans in it
    Why even waste the money on the nice boxes with plastic handles? Ship them in basic brown if you dont care about them. Just a weird business decision to make custom boxes then ship them out to be destroyed before they get to members.
    Fingers crossed they raffle off a Batman '66 playfield.

#285 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My insider package arrived today....crushed beyond recognition. It comes in a plastic bag. I opened the bag to find a crushed box with a shirt in it. The pin and patch were in the bag. I'm not really complaining but I kingly of wanted the box to keep some extra plastics and titans in
    Why even waste the money on the nice boxes with plastic handles? Ship them in basic brown if you dont care about them. Just a weird business decision to make custom boxes then ship them out to be destroyed before they get to members.

Indeed. Mine was bashed-up as well when it arrived. So much for keeping the outer box or collecting it. Ha ha.

Chris

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from spida1a:

So much for keeping the outer box or collecting it.

Priceless!

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My insider package arrived today....crushed beyond recognition. It comes in a plastic bag. I opened the bag to find a crushed box with a shirt in it. The pin and patch were in the bag. I'm not really complaining but I kind of wanted the box to keep some extra plastics and titans in it

Be grateful Express Scripts now ships their meds in bags not in box WTF

#288 4 years ago

Stern came through and shipped me the missing patch!

Kudos to Mark Sullivan for getting it out to me!

#289 4 years ago

Did PaperFlock remember to sign-up for the Stern Insider Program?

3 weeks later
    #290 4 years ago

Big congrats to our Stern Insider All Access member Frank from Michigan! He won a signed Black Knight Sword of Rage playfield from the lead programmer and designer, Tim Sexton and Steve Ritchie! #InsiderAllAccess #SternPinball Stern FB pg

62137817_10157445719774244_5121993223421558784_o (resized).jpg62137817_10157445719774244_5121993223421558784_o (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #291 4 years ago

Has everyone here that joined received their welcome box by now? I hope so its been a half a year... i'm not really wowed by my 'exclusive insider access'. But to be fair I didn't expect much going in. I did receive my shirt & pins and I'm happy with it (the way I see it one of the shirts would run me about the same by itself)

Here's a half year recap:

1) 2 videos from George Gomez & Steve Ritchie which were originally available for everyone before the program started.
    2) a Munsters exclusive shirt only available to insiders (to purchase) at TPF (if you even went)
    3) a video of the Munsters topper that was up on every social media platform seconds after it was released to insiders.
    4) a Black Knight teaser trailer which again was up on every social media platform shortly after it was released to insiders.
    5) Batman (Catwoman 66) & Munsters (color premium) flyers which, you guessed it, posted to social media shortly after release to insiders.
    6) Between 2 Sterns (Jack Danger interviewing Steve Ritchie) The only thing i haven't seen floating around but then again i haven't really looked.

Have i missed anything? Has anyone gained access or First Dibs to exclusive merch or been to Stern Insider only events around the world? The give aways are a nice idea, i like the t-shirt but I don't really see the point in continuing in this program. I think i saw more behind the scenes in the trailer for the program than I have as a member.

What were some of the things you would have hoped to see from this? How many of you have cancelled your membership renewal?

#292 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

Has everyone here that joined received their welcome box by now? I hope so its been a half a year... i'm not really wowed by my 'exclusive insider access'. But to be fair I didn't expect much going in. I did receive my shirt & pins and I'm happy with it (the way I see it one of the shirts would run me about the same by itself)
    1) 2 videos from George Gomez & Steve Ritchie which were originally available for everyone before the program started.
    2) a Munsters exclusive shirt only available to insiders (to purchase) at TPF (if you even went)
    3) a video of the Munsters topper that was up on every social media platform seconds after it was released to insiders.
    4) a Black Knight teaser trailer which again was up on every social media platform shortly after it was released to insiders.
    5) Batman (Catwoman 66) & Munsters (color premium) flyers which, you guessed it, posted to social media shortly after release to insiders.
    6) Between 2 Sterns (Jack Danger interviewing Steve Ritchie) The only thing i haven't seen floating around but then again i haven't really looked.
    Have i missed anything? Has anyone gained access or First Dibs to exclusive merch or been to Stern Insider only events around the world? The give aways are a nice idea, i like the t-shirt but I don't really see the point in continuing in this program. I think i saw more behind the scenes in the trailer for the program than I have as a member.
    What were some of the things you would have hoped to see from this? How many of you have cancelled your membership renewal?

I mostly went in because I liked the t-shirt and pin, so I feel like I basically got my money out of it with those items. I didn't expect a lot of content, and understood that the info would be shared immediately. I got what I expected there, though a bit more would be nice.

I hope the yearly renewal includes new merchandise (different shirt at least). If that isn't included, there will be no value for me based on what I have seen so far.

#293 4 years ago

The rumor is a new game will be announced tomorrow. Has the insider program hinted at a new game? Or is pinside the better place to find new information?

Just curious if the insider program, provided insider information.

#294 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The rumor is a new game will be announced tomorrow. Has the insider program hinted at a new game? Or is pinside the better place to find new information?
    Just curious if the insider program, provided insider information.

Crickets, unfortunately. It seems as though Stern doesn't have a ton of time to put into this.

I will say they are keeping up on the monthly insider giveaways though. I've seen them give away a signed playfield a month for a few months now.

#295 4 years ago

The merch was no good and there is no inside info but I'm hoping to win one of the playfield they raffle off every month. I'd love a Batman 66, Deadpool, or Ghostbusters for my wall.

#296 4 years ago

I'd prefer to be a TWIP insider but with sitting overseas I don't qualify for any raffle.

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'd prefer to be a TWIP insider but with sitting overseas I don't qualify for any raffle.

I live in a state that is ineligible but I don't understand why b/c its only listed as 'its complicated sorry' even though people from this state have won things after said rules were established. I like Jeff & the content he provides. I understand he works hard on the site and is reputable unlike certain people in the 'pinball media' . But i'm not paying $20 a month for rumors that can be found here (in abundance) or mentioned via podcasts

#298 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

Overall I am satisfied with what I got. The shirt, patch and pin was a good value for the price.
    I would guess that I would like to see more exclusive offers from the company (shirts, patches, whatnot) as I am an Insider. Whatever info is put out would be leaked here anyway, so that doesn't motivate me.

And BTW, I went to TPF and bought the Munsters shirt for fireball2 at the Marco booth. No proof of the Insider program needed and could have bought more of them if I wanted to do so.

#299 4 years ago

I want a refund on my Stern Insider - so far biggest waste of money I've spent in decades.

Just a cash grab.

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

And BTW, I went to TPF and bought the Munsters shirt for fireball2 at the Marco booth. No proof of the Insider program needed and could have bought more of them if I wanted to do so.

ha, i figured that'd be the case.

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-launches-stern-insider-all-access-program/page/6?hl=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.