Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0926_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
    IMG_0617 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F96BD969-0592-4385-AA3B-DB96846368AF (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).png
    Hey Oh (resized).jpg
    62137817_10157445719774244_5121993223421558784_o (resized).jpg
    59873570_10157381109639244_7154546187985485824_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    6E4B1DA4-EAA3-4C6F-A1DC-EFCD450BB6CB (resized).jpeg
    C466E29E-D562-45B4-B9FC-52232F0C7B8C (resized).jpeg
    085B7AAF-3936-4306-BD92-9F1068C96FF6 (resized).jpeg
    29DB83DA-2C23-48A5-A2E4-B27BE5A77CE1.gif
    IMG_0537 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0536 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0535 (resized).jpeg

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 5 years ago

I think this is great-just more marketing for Stern. Looks like Sharpe and others are doing a good job so far. Anything to increase the awareness of pinball is good. If this means offering colored sleeved shirts for the millenniums to wear for advertisement-sounds good to me. Trying to get people into pinball is not an easy task, and I have had discussions recently with people about what it takes to make someone get interested in pinball. Joining a forum(Pinside) or a Stern club helps people talk more about pinball and hopefully gets more and more people talking and joining. I have spent a considerable amount of money with Stern and I have no problem spending $30 to get involved more and join the club. I am a Stern fanboy and I love Stern.

#152 5 years ago

The only thing I have heard so far that made any sense is a low cost, can’t afford to buy, but want to support the brand argument. That is what the $30 dollars gets you. A little piece of Stern. Now I got a huge chunk of Stern FGy sitting in my loft right now that I paid $3500 for in 2008. I didn’t get a T-shirt. Who got the better deal?

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I am a Stern fanboy and I love Stern.

Is that what the T-shirt says on it?

#154 5 years ago

Signups are over?

#155 5 years ago
    KISS-Army-poster (resized).jpgKISS-Army-poster (resized).jpg
    #156 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

[quoted image]

What year was that from? I was in the kiss fan club in the mid 70s, I couldn’t have been more than 7 or 8. They sent me tons of stuff, posters, decals, etc. Don’t know if there was a cost, my parents took care of if. I had the destroyer and rock n roll over albums, what a time that was.

#157 5 years ago

Nice blank website.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #158 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

What year was that from? I was in the kiss fan club in the mid 70s, I couldn’t have been more than 7 or 8. They sent me tons of stuff, posters, decals, etc. Don’t know if there was a cost, my parents took care of if. I had the destroyer and rock n roll over albums, what a time that was.

I think the first one was in Destroyer

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is that what the T-shirt says on it?

Hells yea

The chicks(and dudes) really dig the 'Stern Club' -it is better than Supreme and I am eagerly waiting for my T-shirt and bumper sticker. Go Stern or go home

funny-gifs-worf-having-fun.giffunny-gifs-worf-having-fun.gif
    #160 5 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Signups are over?

Looks like link not working for all-access, but basic still works. Stern should have fixed in next couple of days.

#161 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I think I got that flyer in my Alive 2 album. I remember thinking Ace looked cool on it. I actually might still have it. I’ll have to look. One album had a cardboard love gun inside.

#162 5 years ago

hey im guilty of this one... have ever since I bought my first bike in 2003... but at least with HOG you get a patch & pin every year, as well as a ride guide and all kinds of other benefits...

and you get a free year when you purchase a new motorcycle.

hog (resized).pnghog (resized).png
    #163 5 years ago

Here is the T-shirt. Munsters @ TPF. Not sure if you must be at TPF to pick it up?

MUN (resized).pngMUN (resized).png
    #164 5 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

hey im guilty of this one... have ever since I bought my first bike in 2003... but at least with HOG you get a patch & pin every year, as well as a ride guide and all kinds of other benefits...
    and you get a free year when you purchase a new motorcycle.[quoted image]

I think it's great, especially that you find so much value in it.

Hoping Stern puts that kind of effort into this! I can always just not renew if it stinks.

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think it's great, especially that you find so much value in it.
    Hoping Stern puts that kind of effort into this! I can always just not renew if it stinks.

I agree. I hope they do as well. Lots they could do with it. Not sure why all the hate, if you aren't into it, then just don't sign up or support it.

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

List 3-5 people that you think will join this club. You can list more people if needed.
    My picks are:
    CrazyLevi
    Tonycip
    Rarehero
    Tacshose
    Whysnow
    Squizz
    Thunderbird

I thought you would already have the Golden Award Subscription Who-dey.
    Btw brought your Munsters yet? Guess not! just your gums flappin again i see.

Just another $tern cash grab.
    Support them already by purchasing their machines.

Passssss

Added over 5 years ago:

That was nice.

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Looks like link not working for all-access, but basic still works. Stern should have fixed in next couple of days.

Live but still broken, hope this isn’t a sign of the commitment to the program.

#168 5 years ago

For anyone interested:

Stern Pinball Insider Program – Interview with Zach Sharpe

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/stern-insider-interview-with-zach-sharpe/

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

For anyone interested:
    Stern Pinball Insider Program – Interview with Zach Sharpe
    https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/stern-insider-interview-with-zach-sharpe/

Thanks for posting that. Looks like exactly what I expected. Excited to see what they have in store.

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

Just another $tern cash grab.
    Support them already by purchasing their machines.
    Passssss

Says the guy who has 8 games in his collection and 6 of them are Sterns, and all LE’s at that!

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squizz:

Btw brought your Munsters yet? Guess not! just your gums flappin again i see.

Probably order it this week if there is any Pros in stock. Thank you for your concern Squizz.

#172 5 years ago

Just got my Stern Insider goodie box! For $30 tough to beat, got a shirt, a patch, and a lapel pin. Looking forward to seeing more info on it and seeing what this entails

IMG_0535 (resized).jpegIMG_0535 (resized).jpegIMG_0536 (resized).jpegIMG_0536 (resized).jpegIMG_0537 (resized).jpegIMG_0537 (resized).jpeg
    #173 5 years ago
    29DB83DA-2C23-48A5-A2E4-B27BE5A77CE1.gif29DB83DA-2C23-48A5-A2E4-B27BE5A77CE1.gif
    #174 5 years ago

The T shirt looks nice, I like that it’s white. (So many times companies just use black) but honestly when was the last time you used a patch or lapel pin? I think a keychain would have been more practical even if it’s just as useless. Like in high school I might have put a patch on my back sac, but the only times in my life that pins have been a thing I cared about was either beer haus pins for my octoberfest hat, or loot crate pins that have collected in a box and basically forgot about.

I know there are a lot of pin collectors on this forum, but I don’t think it’s that kind of pin.

#175 5 years ago

I just went to look for the Canadian price. You need to put in your credit card information before you can even see a shipping price. I don’t like that. Shipping to Canada can be crazy expensive if not done right, and I’d like to know before giving my credit card info.

Currently the Canadian dollar is at about .75 to 1 usd. So a $30 package will be $40 before shipping and import fees. Even if shipping is $20usd, that would make this deal over $75cdn. Too much for what you’re offered in my mind.

Has anyone outside of the USA bought one to see how bad shipping costs are?

#176 5 years ago

The website is not doing very well apparently.
    When I went to sign up, it said I was already a member. I logged in and sure enough I have access.
    I never gave any credit card, shipping or shirt size info and I dont see how I can even try to sign up properly right now short of opening a new email account.
    Once logged in there is literally NOTHING there yet. Click on the exclusive merch....also empty. Come on stern

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

When I went to sign up, it said I was already a member. I logged in and sure enough I have access.
    I never gave any credit card, shipping or shirt size info and I dont see how I can even try to sign up properly right now short of opening a new email account.
    Once logged in there is literally NOTHING there yet. Click on the exclusive merch....also empty. Come on stern

It is just an experiment from Stern to see who is gullible enough to pay $30 for access to an "exclusive" blank web page.

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I had the same experience . I was already a Stern Insider member also and it won't let me sign up for the VIP membership. It says I'm already signed up and takes me to the Welcome VIP page showing the Munsters / Texas Pinball shirt.

Be nice if Stern would go ahead and send us the welcome box though since it shows us as a VIP member. It would make up for the other "free shirts" that I was suppose to have received with a couple of pinball purchases, but that's another topic

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I just went to look for the Canadian price. You need to put in your credit card information before you can even see a shipping price. I don’t like that. Shipping to Canada can be crazy expensive if not done right, and I’d like to know before giving my credit card info.
    Currently the Canadian dollar is at about .75 to 1 usd. So a $30 package will be $40 before shipping and import fees. Even if shipping is $20usd, that would make this deal over $75cdn. Too much for what you’re offered in my mind.

The site doesn't say anything about international shipping, doesn't even have the option to enter your country. However it does also not say anywhere that this was US only (they even talk about "events allover the world"). I signed up pretty early, my card was charged, I got the usual emails but no word saying there was anything wrong with my German address. Well, we'll see how they handle us non-Americans
    My guess is they just ship the intl boxes with the game containers to the local distributors and have them send them out with your local carrier..

#180 5 years ago

Cool, can't wait to get my package. The shirt is for my wife, the other goodies are for me.

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Stern tees sell for $19.99 $10 bucks for pin and patch meh

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

[quoted image]

LOL this is post of the year to date. LOL.

#183 5 years ago

Is that meant to depict the CFTBL playing a Stern pin? Interesting design choice.

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Just got my Stern Insider goodie box! For $30 tough to beat, got a shirt, a patch, and a lapel pin. Looking forward to seeing more info on it and seeing what this entails
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would say the box is the nicest part of the package!

I guess the hoodie ain't bad.

#185 5 years ago

i think stern needs to be working more on making their games non disposable instead of stupid shit like this.

#186 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i think stern needs to be working more on making their games non disposable instead of stupid shit like this.

I'll swing by and pick up any Stern games you are putting out with the trash.

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

For all Stern's faults, is there another manufacturer making games that hold up better on route?

#188 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Marketing and game development are different departments doing different things. This has no effect on the other

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Suprised you didn't go with the LE package. You missed out on the Stern logo Lobster Bib and Keychain let alone having been able to play /sample the BK3K Whitewood with Celebrity Steve Ritchie at Stern Factory . Was Epic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#190 5 years ago

I prefer getting my wardrobe from cases of beer.

#191 5 years ago

I mostly want the box now to put my spare parts in.

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I prefer getting my wardrobe from cases of beer.

085B7AAF-3936-4306-BD92-9F1068C96FF6 (resized).jpeg085B7AAF-3936-4306-BD92-9F1068C96FF6 (resized).jpeg
    #193 5 years ago

Here's my unboxing of the insider Membership Kit.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0h5M7GFPxTg16

#194 5 years ago

My membership box is on the way. For the Canadians asking about shipping, good news and bad.

Good - Stern did not charge extra shipping.
    Bad - They shipped through UPS who like to tack on a 13.00 handling fee for "clearing customs". Not Stern's fault, standard cross border shipping bullsh*t.

#195 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

For all Stern's faults, is there another manufacturer making games that hold up better on route?

CGC.

#196 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Most modern Stern pros have little on the playfield to actually interact with the ball so probably not. Less on on the playfield = less to go wrong on route. That's also proven not to result in more route revenue though versus more featued packed games.

#197 5 years ago

They need pocket tees for us oldtimers that need a place to put our reading glasses.

#198 5 years ago

The box arrived today.

C466E29E-D562-45B4-B9FC-52232F0C7B8C (resized).jpegC466E29E-D562-45B4-B9FC-52232F0C7B8C (resized).jpeg
    #199 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Most modern Stern pros have little on the playfield to actually interact with the ball so probably not. Less on on the playfield = less to go wrong on route. That's also proven not to result in more route revenue though versus more featued packed games.

So you are saying JJP games out earn Stern? That hasn’t proven to be the case for all operators I have talked to. Send over the “proof”

#200 5 years ago

Just charge people $20 if they feel like joining and leave the garbage merchandise out of it. I would actually like a stern shirt but that shirt is going to be a rag to most people. A pin or a patch is great for my leather biker vest I guess? (kidding)
    I dont mind paying to be in a club (I'm in the iron maiden club) but send a nice stern magazine or something not stuff you couldn't sell. Instead of asking my shirt size, maybe ask me what my latest stern purchase was and send my a promo for it? Idk, this all seems so forced. There is nothing of any substance yet. I'm ok with the paid membership if I feel like I get something out of it but right now Stern offers up a big plate of f you

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-launches-stern-insider-all-access-program/page/4?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.