Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0926_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
    IMG_0617 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F96BD969-0592-4385-AA3B-DB96846368AF (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).png
    Hey Oh (resized).jpg
    62137817_10157445719774244_5121993223421558784_o (resized).jpg
    59873570_10157381109639244_7154546187985485824_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    6E4B1DA4-EAA3-4C6F-A1DC-EFCD450BB6CB (resized).jpeg
    C466E29E-D562-45B4-B9FC-52232F0C7B8C (resized).jpeg
    085B7AAF-3936-4306-BD92-9F1068C96FF6 (resized).jpeg
    29DB83DA-2C23-48A5-A2E4-B27BE5A77CE1.gif
    IMG_0537 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0536 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0535 (resized).jpeg
    There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #101 5 years ago

I know outrage is easy to generate on the net, but holy hell we're talking about a $30 getting you a t-shirt here. This is not a hill to die on.

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

This is not a hill to die on.

I was seeing it more as a molehill to chuckle at.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Any idea what the discounted prices are?

Yep. PM me as I’m not allowed to post those prices publicly.

#104 5 years ago

What a rip off. For $30 I could get a personalized letter and a bag of dirt from the Roswell crash site from wantdataeast

#105 5 years ago

Any ideas what this could be? I googled purple martin. Its a bird.

20190220_083730 (resized).jpg20190220_083730 (resized).jpg
    #106 5 years ago

I signed up, looking forward to seeing what it has to offer.

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

That is a man-bun

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

They need some plus size models...

They also need fat ass shirts. Come on XXXl shirts

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I know outrage is easy to generate on the net, but holy hell we're talking about a $30 getting you a t-shirt here. This is not a hill to die on.

Yeah the last Stern T-Shirt I received cost me $5,000 in 2016 so $30 is a bargain since you are also getting super secret Stern Access, oh ahhhhhh

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

From wikipedia: The purple martin (Progne subis) is the largest North American swallow. They are known for their speed and agility in flight, and when approaching their housing, will dive from the sky at great speeds with their wings tucked.

In one of the Monty Python movies they ask "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

A Monty Python pin is next!!!

#111 5 years ago

Purple Martin... the most obvious answer would be 'Prince'.

#112 5 years ago

Chief MARTIN Brody....

Woo hoo Jaws is next

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from ezatnova:

That is a man-bun

It is a bird nest.

#114 5 years ago

I've heard from a few places Jaws is next, so that fits.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Any idea what the discounted prices are?

Is it $29.99, once you've paid your $29.99 membership?

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

during the Stern factory tour, they had Stern merch for sale. All of the Stern Employees had these cool “BOOM!” Deadpool shirts on... they kept them as a perk for Stern employees only. Great way to ID Stern employees all weekend... I would have given them $30 bucks for just the Boom! Shirt alone,

And then people could have sneaked around the factory area disguised as an employee, surreptitiously posting photos of everything.

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I am sure Stern Army members would join this club eagerly.

You have no idea how the Stern Army program works Chris. TL:DR version, they send me prize support for my events, I organize competitions and send them info. Win-win.

#117 5 years ago

Spielberg directed Jaws and The Color Purple.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

And 'Always,' '1941'...

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

So you're thinking mashup?

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Its Batman

#121 5 years ago

Purple Bird

65a1628ef92915b85c2604013b6855a6-d4qgsxv (resized).png65a1628ef92915b85c2604013b6855a6-d4qgsxv (resized).png
    #122 5 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

Purple Bird
    [quoted image]

fall.giffall.gif
    #123 5 years ago

You know, I think once I spend the money to buy a nib....I should automatically be privy to Stern intel and ability to order a game first (not that I want to).
    CGC is already doing that through number matching....and it’s free.

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I just joined and they emailed me new code for ghostbusters! This thing is already paying for itself!

Did they throw in some Spike node board schematics too??

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Super Dave Osborne

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

CODE UPDATES. GAME SUPPORT. It's coming...

changing yearly fee for repair docs / software / Restore software is a bad idea with the up coming right to repair laws.

$30 year is not to bad But it's can be a gateway to you must pay XX to be an certified repair shop / have the right to buy parts / get some repair / restore software is Why people are fighting for right to repair.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Did they throw in some Spike node board schematics too??

Right to repair need docs that are not under an paywall or when you buy an 6K+ device you should not need to pay $30/year or more to get the repair docs.

#128 5 years ago

That is incredible! Had to google it, it’s not photoshopped, and the guy amazingly survived unscratched. And promptly showed his kids the footage.

Makes me feel better as an American having read that “cowboy pinball” thread to know there are dumb dumbs in many lands (of course the Norwegian fools turn out to be surgeons in their day jobs, but who’s counting).

#129 5 years ago

With Stern Tee's costing $19.99 the cost is really only $10

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Godzilla? I was wrong on GOT code name however so my track record is 0/1 right now.

#131 5 years ago

Is this from the same putz who came up with the BM66 SLE video contest?

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

I guess i'm still confused what makes Stern a "a global lifestyle brand". What does that mean?

It means they are owned by the same company that owns Harley Davidson?

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Purple Martin... the most obvious answer would be 'Prince'.

Could just be a play on Primus' Purple Onion

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

And Gibson too!

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Sounds about right ...

9B7A180E-0B07-4B53-8F65-E9CF21646BAE (resized).jpeg9B7A180E-0B07-4B53-8F65-E9CF21646BAE (resized).jpeg
    #136 5 years ago

Does the stern shirt ship without the sleeves , then the sleeves are offered as code updates , so you have the shirt a couple years wearing it incomplete until you put the sleeves on.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You have no idea how the Stern Army program works Chris. TL:DR version, they send me prize support for my events, I organize competitions and send them info. Win-win.

I am familiar with the terms based on operators and their tournaments.
    As I updated from my first posting, Stern Army members should get this subscription "Insider" program for free anyway.
    They all contributed enough.

This is just an attempt at garnishing an extra $30 (although I recognize this is equivalent to an annual magazine subscription and quite insignificant) from Stern fans per year. I have doubts for example that George Gomez is going to "throw open the doors" to the Stern design department. Most of the material that will be offered in terms of information can be obtained from various other industry sources anyway. I don't see any significant benefits, unless people really believe this was a soft hearted marketing attempt? Very difficult to judge any type of value right now.

What I don't like is where these kinds of actions lead to in the future, as it often gives companies an excuse to be exploitive, and we have enough of that already.

#138 5 years ago

So the fact that I basically buy every new stern production game that comes out gets me nothing. Way to treat loyal customers by asking me to join a club.

#139 5 years ago

Don't you guys think you are taking this a little too seriously? It's a fan club.

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Don't you guys think you are taking this a little too seriously? It's a fan club.

...that charges money annually. it's just the principle of it all.

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Quoted from Lermods:

And if you have to join to receive things like schematics, then I really don’t like it. I have no problem buying a paper copy of schematics at a reasonable price; even though they should have been included in my NIB purchase. but if I have to pay to be able to buy, that’s not right.

I just want to give you cash for your product. I don’t want to join your mailing list in the meantime.

Any real information that Stern Club members learn, will be on pinside within minutes. So am I paying a club membership just to buy Stern products?

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

And if you have to join to receive things like schematics, then I really don’t like it. I have no problem buying a paper copy of schematics at a reasonable price; even though they should have been included in my NIB purchase. but if I have to pay to be able to buy, that’s not right.
    I just want to give you cash for your product. I don’t want to join your mailing list in the meantime.
    Any real information that Stern Club members learn, will be on pinside within minutes. So am I paying a club membership just to buy Stern products?

If the schematics ever become available they will be available to everyone, not just members of this club lol. Come on man you know better than that.

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Come on man you know better than that.

I never give stern the benefit of the doubt. The proof is in the pudding. 6 more days till stern said they would be available

#144 5 years ago

I never give stern the benefit of the doubt. The proof is in the pudding. 6 more days till stern said they would be available

If you hate Stern so much why do you even care about schematics? Not like you are going to buy their games anyway.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Look around, there are LOTS of fan clubs that charge annually.

https://www.charliedaniels.com/join - $25 annually
    https://www.toolband.com/tool-army - $50 annually
    https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/owners/hog/membership-types.html - $25+ annually

Do you realize how many pinball fans there are out there that can't buy a pin? This is a low cost entry into being a Stern pinball fan. I still don't get the anger. If it isn't your thing that's cool, but why get so jacked up over other people paying $30 and having some fun?

I'll also happily say that I'm a twitch supporter of Jack Danger's.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you hate Stern so much why do you even care about schematics? Not like you are going to buy their games anyway.

I bought GoT Pre NIB. (As far as I know, I got mine 1st in the world) I still have it. I’d like to fix it if a problem arises

Thanks for the quick judgment of me.

#147 5 years ago

And if you have to join to receive things like schematics, then I really don’t like it.

I cannnot tell if you are serious with this, but when people in this thread said you’ll have to join the fan club to get schematics and code updates, they were joking. If and when Stern makes this pronouncement, or threatens to cut your brake lines if you don’t join, then by all means hit the roof.

Yes. Plus you get a t-shirt and a video of Gomez and Ritchie walking around the production floor. Don’t care for any of it? Congrats, you just saved yourself $30!

#148 5 years ago

Thanks for the quick judgment of me.

My judgement of you isnt a quick judgement at all. I have read post after post of you bashing the United States, Americans, Stern, and you are just generally a negative person about everything. Thats how my judgement of you was formed. Sorry, not being a dick but its just the truth.

#150 5 years ago

I don't know if I'm willing to join this but $30 a year could be ANY fan club........

20190222_092803 (resized).jpg20190222_092803 (resized).jpg
    There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-launches-stern-insider-all-access-program/page/3?hl=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.