Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0926_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
    IMG_0617 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F96BD969-0592-4385-AA3B-DB96846368AF (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).png
    Hey Oh (resized).jpg
    62137817_10157445719774244_5121993223421558784_o (resized).jpg
    59873570_10157381109639244_7154546187985485824_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    6E4B1DA4-EAA3-4C6F-A1DC-EFCD450BB6CB (resized).jpeg
    C466E29E-D562-45B4-B9FC-52232F0C7B8C (resized).jpeg
    085B7AAF-3936-4306-BD92-9F1068C96FF6 (resized).jpeg
    29DB83DA-2C23-48A5-A2E4-B27BE5A77CE1.gif
    IMG_0537 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0536 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0535 (resized).jpeg

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #2 5 years ago

I’ll pay for Chris

#3 5 years ago

Hmmm, maybe once Ghostbusters code is completed I'll consider signing up.

#4 5 years ago

Filming my audition tape now....

#5 5 years ago

I'm in, now I get to buy machines 1 month earlier then everyone else!

#6 5 years ago

wut.

#7 5 years ago

I guess i'm still confused what makes Stern a "a global lifestyle brand". What does that mean?

Also this sounds like a big waste of money... "Stern Insider. ..all I got was a lousy shirt"

#8 5 years ago

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't try to have more tiers of stupid. Spend money to let you spend more money! Are people really that gaga for Stern?

I hope that $30 gets you a shirt and that it's a nice shirt. At that point you're just slightly overpaying for a t-shirt and to get an email 5 minutes before the info shows up here.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

I guess i'm still confused what makes Stern a "a global lifestyle brand". What does that mean?

Just a fancy term all companies use these days toi try to get a loyalty vibe going. Think Apple

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Are people really that gaga for Stern?

Paging Who-Dey

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

It's marketing talk for we sell stuff with our brand on it besides our core product. Think of Harley Davidson's apparel division being a substantial amount of their annual revenue.

Stern wants to get into selling more branded t-shirts, coffee mugs, mouse pads, etc because of the insane profit margin.

#11 5 years ago

This is not 90's console wars, where you would get in a fight with the kid at school over if Sega was better than Nintendo or whatever. I'm a pinball fan, it doesn't really matter if it's Stern, or JJP, or Spooky, etc. Are they really trying to make people Stern fanboys? I would never think of Stern as being a "lifestyle brand". It's so weird!

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Stern wants to get into selling more branded t-shirts, coffee mugs, floor mats, mouse pads, etc because of the insane profit margin.

AKA they want to start trying to be a normal company. For years the Stern store had nothing to buy with their name on it, which is just dumb.
    So now they're trying to fix that which makes sense.

The apparel section on the website now may get a little action going. Personally, I've never seen such a horrible collection of clothing since Ed Hardy polished Satan;s knob...but hey people loved that too.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

Are they really trying to make people Stern fanboys?

I think they are trying to get people to send them $30 for nothing.
    Not a bad idea.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

This is not 90's console wars, where you would get in a fight with the kid at school over if Sega was better than Nintendo or whatever. I'm a pinball fan, it doesn't really matter if it's Stern, or JJP, or Spooky, etc. Are they really trying to make people Stern fanboys? I would never think of Stern as being a "lifestyle brand". It's so weird!

The intern at the private equity firm had an idea and they are running with it.

#15 5 years ago

Is this the shitty shirt you get for $30...

Screenshot_20190219-101312_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190219-101312_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #16 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

AKA they want to start trying to be a normal company. For years the Stern store had nothing to buy with their name on it, which is just dumb.
    So now they're trying to fix that which makes sense.
    The apparel section on the website now may get a little action going. Personally, I've never seen such a horrible collection of clothing since Ed Hardy polished Satan;s knob...but hey people loved that too.

Stern has been leaving money on the table for years. They could have justified branded apparel and swag for years, but finally start to come around to it when there's a dozen other companies vying for mindshare in the market. It's the same people that still can't figure out how to ship a brand new game with a multitude of optional accessories ready to buy day one at exorbanate prices.

Can't buy the Munsters? Well instead, how about you buy this $35 t-shirt and walk around as a billboard for our game.

Mild progress...

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

[quoted image]

Ugh. But respect for colored sleeves.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I think they are trying to get people to send them $30 for nothing.
    Not a bad idea.

you mean like when we payed for the ghostbusters release party?

#19 5 years ago

When I started reading, I thought it was $30 per month, but it is $30 a year. That is not that bad for inside stories and stuff.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

That is not that bad for inside stories and stuff.

... that will be posted here the minute it's released.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Paging Who-Dey

Smartass!

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ugh. But respect for colored sleeves.

Old dudes & Ringer T's DON'T mix!

#23 5 years ago

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Old dudes & Ringer T's DON'T mix!

What, you don't like that sausage look of their arm flab being squeezed at the end of the sleeve? It's better than seeing it wobble while they play.

#25 5 years ago

Sweet, I can get advanced notice of Stern's plan to do jack shit with Ghostbusters code.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

They probably got the idea from the relationship with Supreme.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

They probably got the idea from the relationship with Supreme.

2u2t7g (resized).jpg2u2t7g (resized).jpg
    #28 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Just a fancy term all companies use these days toi try to get a loyalty vibe going. Think Apple

Paging Who-Dey

I spit out my drink!

#29 5 years ago

My yearly donation to Pinside is my "Stern Insider All-Access" , not to mention access to the whole entire pinball community and not just Stern.

My money is going to "Pinside Insider All Acccess" !!!

#30 5 years ago

Does this include Stern knee pads?

61Tu9RmI+1L._SY355_ (resized).jpg61Tu9RmI+1L._SY355_ (resized).jpg

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

Do they make Stern knee pads?
    [quoted image]

Yes they do. The Law has some and said he uses them daily and that they are much higher quality than sterns pinball machines. He said you can’t wear them out.

#32 5 years ago

This feels like a jump the shark moment...

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

[quoted image]

Those models are takin this shit a little too seriously

#34 5 years ago

I still don’t understand what I get, besides a tee that looks like I’ll need to iron it three times before wearing.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I still don’t understand what I get, besides a tee that looks like I’ll need to iron it three times before wearing.

Geeze. It's not that hard......You get "stuff".

I'm just playin', because I'm with you in that I see no value in paying $30 for "Access to everything Stern."

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Law has some and said...

My knees have a thick layer of callus covering them from decades in the game; knee pads are for newbs.

#37 5 years ago

9K on munsters vs $30 on this. I know which one gets my money LOL

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm guessing same swag Stern gives away at all their release party events, such as overstock items like translites of WWE / WOF / MUSTANG, etc, stickers and some promotional flyers.

#39 5 years ago

Well guys there's a reason johnny 12 pack isn't in the photos rubbing his fat gut and checking his blood pressure; global lifestyle brands aren't for the aged.
    They're trying to grab the up and comers (skeet)

#40 5 years ago

Lately it's as though Stern suddenly hired a marketing department. Website is re-vamped. Logo wear/branding launch. All things that should be expected long ago. I really don't see any value in this tiered insider program. Any important news will be shared on forums. "Early access to games" at an expense will aggravate me as a potential customer and appears as another cash grab. Lastly, considering the archaic functionality of their website over the last few years, I'm not confident providing my personal info via sign up will remain private and confidential.

#41 5 years ago

Stern as a “lifestyle brand” makes me roll my eyes almost as far back into my head as when a company refers to having a “universe”, as in “Marvel universe” or WWE universe”. So damn pretentious and lame.

#42 5 years ago

I'm sure Stern are watching this thread and can see that early on as 1 hour in, that this idea is not going to be supported by this community.

#43 5 years ago

Stern doesn't care about the same 30 people bashing them.

#44 5 years ago

List 3-5 people that you think will join this club. You can list more people if needed.

My picks are:

CrazyLevi
    Tonycip
    Rarehero
    Tacshose
    Whysnow
    Squizz
    Thunderbird

#45 5 years ago

I'm in -when it lets me!

#46 5 years ago

Early access to the newest games?

Don't mean jack shit to me but for 30 bucks a year I can see that being a valuable service for some of you NIB LE-buying lunatics.

If in fact, it's "early access to buy" games.

#47 5 years ago

The funny thing is people pay ridiculous $$ to mod out their pins head to toe, most of which is cheap garbage

What do pinheads fear most? Missing out

Stern will load the boat for $30. Fuggetaboutit

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Early access to the newest games?
    Don't mean jack shit to me but for 30 bucks a year I can see that being a valuable service for some of you NIB LE-buying lunatics.
    If in fact, it's "early access to buy" games.

It's pretty skeevy if this is all about charging people for the right to pre-pre-order

#50 5 years ago

just the subscriptions from all the podcasters has paid for Gary's new Harley *

(this was a gag Mr podcaster sir - laugh it up fuzzball!)

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-launches-stern-insider-all-access-program and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.