You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F8544290-AF99-494A-9431-4DD126B79BB3 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
4e3f33d15a930cec2cabd2fcd598f938 (resized).jpg
sexpanther.gif
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I like my Kiss LE, but I respect your opinion
It’s not for everybody, for the record, my Demon head shoots the balls to the left flipper 95% of the time
Good luck, maybe?

Yep, my Demon head shoots the balls to the flippers at least 95% of the time, maybe higher. Its a fun pin, you just have to use pinball browser to improve the music

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Yep, my Demon head shoots the balls to the flippers at least 95% of the time, maybe higher. Its a fun pin, you just have to use pinball browser to improve the music

Yeah, I did the same. Some of the KISS songs grew on me so a left a few in but replaced with songs from that era like Boston, Styx, Sammy Hagar, Blue Oyster Cult, and Ted Nugent. I may own KISS again some day.

#53 4 years ago

my Kiss LE currently plays all songs by The Struts (for those that don't know, probably the best young rock band today, saw them open for Foo Fighters and was blown away. Lead singer Luke Spiller is the closest thing to Freddie Mercury we'll ever see)

#54 4 years ago

I just got a nice deal on a Kiss pro and really enjoying it so far.

So far I had a lot more issues with my NiB Iron Maiden premium than the used Kiss.

I do think I'll get Pinball Browser to change some of the the tracks. I'm a fan of the band, but prefer deeper cuts to their played out hits for the most part

#55 4 years ago

demon head rarely dumps SDTM, but the ball save time was a decent workaround for that.

That last code update was sooooo worth the wait.

I refuse to say "could be worse, you could have bought an _____". I'm have no need to insult anyone who happened to purchase ____ and enjoys it. Show some class.

BTW, if your pf is plagued with crud from the spinning disk: Slap on a cut piece of textured silicone contact paper (kitchen section at dept. store) and it solves the problem. Same applies to Tron.

#56 4 years ago

I actually like the Kiss machine, the last code update really helped make it a solid game. A matter of personal preference, I prefer the way it plays with the post in the pop bumpers removed so the ball can bounce out of the pops to the right and not just out the bottom.

#57 4 years ago

I still miss my KISS Premium. Great pin......

#58 4 years ago

I love mine, sucks for you that you can't learn how to adjust simple fixes.

#59 4 years ago

What don’t you like about the game? I think it’s pretty darn good.

What are the issues you are having with the game?

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I love mine, sucks for you that you can't learn how to adjust simple fixes.

Yeah, I could understand having a problem with almost any machine if it was on location and not set up correctly, but that's one of the great things about owning a machine, you can usually dial it in until it plays exactly how you want it.

That's how it was with GhostBusters, there was one on location that you could barely nudge without tilting and, with that game, what's the point of playing if you can't even try and save your ball. Now I have one in my basement and I love it (new code certainly doesn't hurt either).

#61 4 years ago

Well...let's see. New guy, starts incendiary thread and makes inflammatory post, then disappears. Seems legit.

#62 4 years ago

You think the pin is garbage ? Have you heard their music ? Kiss sucks .

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

...at everything but self promotion and making money.

#64 4 years ago

There are a lot worse games then Kiss. Have your fun with it and sell it for something else.

#65 4 years ago

The problem is with you not the game...

#66 4 years ago

What a fool. Who starts a thread like this? You had thousands of choices in buying a pinball and you made your own choice... I assume not under duress. Nobody cares that you bought something you didn't end up liking. Caveat emptor! Are you a child?

The key diagnostic criteria for confusion is, the individual doesn't realize they are confused.

#67 4 years ago

may be this is a good place to ask this (as lots of KISS fan here)

i'm interested in a KISS LE HUO...
i have my DI LE HUO available for a swap...
the other guy saw the deal in a straight 1 VS 1 swap, let's admit i found it not fair, can't put myself believing these 2 are on the same value level (for all i read/see in the real pin life & internet)

yes ?
no ? and than how much gap ?

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I could choose from MET, ST, KISS and GB. Even though I was not a KISS fan I found that, for me, KISS was the game I had most fun with.

100%. Have Kiss and since last week Star Wars.
Wow, Star Wars, wow great Theme, wow LCD, wow deep rules, wow SR-Design, wow Shaker and invisible glass, wow, wow, wow.
But do you know what?
Much more fun is, to play the KISS-Pin. Much much more...
Simple rules, easy to understand what to do, minor things to correct (Gene STDM), superb light show, flow at its best.

And i am not a KISS fan also.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm interested in a KISS LE HUO...

Why LE?

More problem possibilities, nearly same design, nearly same play (OK drops...), only the Backglass is much more sexy in this old school look. But for that taking an LE?

Yoda says (yes i play SW too often at the moment):The DI you sell and pro you buy.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

It is a very easy adjustment indeed.
KISS LE is one of my favorites in my collection

What’s the adjustment?

I have issues with mine with the balls going sdtm.

Thanks

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Why LE?
More problem possibilities, nearly same design, nearly same play (OK drops...), only the Backglass is much more sexy in this old school look. But for that taking an LE?
Yoda says (yes i play SW too often at the moment):The DI you sell and pro you buy.

because i have that proposal right in my hands, the other guys is waiting, only have to say yes... or no

but ok, i know, for a player like me, PRO is enough (but you actually cant close the gap lol) ...

#72 4 years ago

Love the Kiss pro we have at league. Less then 5% SDTM from the head. It used to be 50/50 but what ever the operator did works great now. We get more drains out of the pops to right outlane then from the head. Still very fun to play. Wouldn't mind owning one but can't buy them all.
Simple fact. If you're buying NIB do your research. There will always be many things that needs adjusted. However if you know what to look for they are minor.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

...at everything but self promotion and making money.

Gene "I'll license anything" Simmons

#74 4 years ago

I purchased my KISS Premium NIB back in 2015 (when it was released). Game shoots great. The 2018 code update is one of Stern's most dramatic updates...elevated KISS from a "meh" game to a masterpiece. The flow, combos and multi-balls are awesome. Several tough, gratifying shots keep the game fun/challenging. The only negative quality issues are the rippling decals (fairly minor) and I had a node board go bad ($200 expense).

If you like the band/music and like pinball, it's hard to imagine why you wouldn't like this game. Since the 2018 code update, it's become one of my favorite games of all-time (and I've had a bunch over the years). Here is a recent video I shot with the iPhone 11 wide-angle lens...

#75 4 years ago

I've had my KISS Pro for several years now. It's not going anywhere. Just waiting for ColorDMD to release code for the display.

For me it was a must to change the songs. Use original songs not the lame re-recorded versions and added Shock Me, God of Thunder, I was made for Loving You, NY Groove and 2000 Man the rest were Double Platinum versions. Makes the game awesome. The latest code makes this a fun keeper for sure.

The disc under Gene never worked but I don't care. The rest is great. The next thing I plan to do is change the callouts using clips from Kiss Meets the Phantom. Awk.

#76 4 years ago

Did the OP buy one of the autographed ones they were selling on the Kiss website or something?

What the Deuce.

($.02 - no reason to pay up for a Premium/LE, but the game itself has grown on my considerably over the years. Especially since that last code update.)

#77 4 years ago

IF someone is on the fence on selling a LE --Premium.... HUO NIB... PLZ let me know ,, thanks..Midwest USA..... NicToria

#78 4 years ago

Man I tried to reread that opening post....it's like stabbing my eyeballs ffs.
@vader67 I know it's Saturday, but please, find your nearest grade school, climb through a window, and just sit there and wait till Mon.
LET THEM HELP.

#79 4 years ago

maybe you should download the newest code DIP!

#80 4 years ago

This is just a troll post trying to get everyone spun up. Can’t be real.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

NO WAY!

#82 4 years ago

Go find a knock off Paul Stanley! It will make you feel better...

F8544290-AF99-494A-9431-4DD126B79BB3 (resized).jpegF8544290-AF99-494A-9431-4DD126B79BB3 (resized).jpeg
#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Go find a knock off Paul Stanley! It will make you feel better...[quoted image]

What did knock off Paul do to make you feel better? Never mind, some things are better left unanswered.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

my Kiss LE currently plays all songs by The Struts (for those that don't know, probably the best young rock band today, saw them open for Foo Fighters and was blown away. Lead singer Luke Spiller is the closest thing to Freddie Mercury we'll ever see)

You have a Kiss pinball machine that plays another band’s songs entirely? I can’t blame you but why?

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You have a Kiss pinball machine that plays another band’s songs entirely? I can’t blame you but why?

Ya, to each their own, but I can understand swapping to different songs of the same band, but if you dislike a band enough to change ALL the songs I'd just get a different machine at that point.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yup. Honestly I don't understand why threads like this along with the "JJP sucks", "Stern sucks", "Why Stern is better then JJP", "Why JJP makes the best pins", etc type threads are even allowed. They are typically troll threads and even if not provide little to zero value for the site. The creator of this thread just joined the site, created this one thread with just the initial comment and that's it. These types of threads should be locked.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Beth, I hear you calling.

1 week later
#88 4 years ago

I despise mine. Bought it new upon release and am stuck with it as a KISS collector. Luckily I have other games to play. I took apart the backglass and had Paul Gene and Ace sign it. Im not really sure who the drummer is supposed to be so i didnt ask either. The topper is cool but otherwise the game is a complete failure and has been since I took it out of the box. Really knocked the enjoyment out of pinball for me. I havent bought one since and have no interest anymore.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I despise mine. Bought it new upon release and am stuck with it as a KISS collector. Luckily I have other games to play. I took apart the backglass and had Paul Gene and Ace sign it. Im not really sure who the drummer is supposed to be so i didnt ask either. The topper is cool but otherwise the game is a complete failure and has been since I took it out of the box. Really knocked the enjoyment out of pinball for me. I havent bought one since and have no interest anymore.

You pretty much hate every game you own, with a passion. It's the weirdest fucking thing on earth!

You still got that STTNG you hate?

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You pretty much hate every game you own, with a passion. It's the weirdest fucking thing on earth!
You still got that STTNG you hate?

I sold STTNG years ago. That failure lasted about 6 months. KISS is just as bad. I enjoy all of my other games.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Why not sell it if you hate it so much?? Prices have increased as of late and you could probably sell the topper alone for a healthy profit.

3 weeks later
#92 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Beth, I hear you calling.

But I can't come home right now

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

But I can't come home right now

Me and the boys are playing

#94 4 years ago

Stop. Please.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

One word sums up this entire rant. Expectations. It's clear to me that nothing is going to make you happy. Blaming others makes people feel superior.
If you know anything at all about pinball, you should know that buying a $8,000 pinball toy is not the same as other $8K adult consumer toys.
Depending on how anal you are, pinball requires tweaking, leveling, updating code, replacing balls and rubber rings (yeah), fixing the mistakes the assembly line made, tightening screws, adjusting guides, replacing bulbs, and yes, sometimes EVEN REPLACING PARTS OUT OF THE BOX! Sounds like you are very picky so I would suggest that your game is going to need a lot of this attention.
So, you are now angry and shaking your fist at Stern. This has nothing to do with Stern. This has nothing to do with Kiss pinball.
Who is to blame again?
Sounds like you wanted to buy new in box because you expected the game to be "ready and up to your standards". The reality is, you should have bought a home use only game from a collector that is just as anal as you because they would have worked out the bugs already, making everything perfect. TRUST ME, those people are everywhere!
At least pinball machines hold a lot of their resale value. LOL.

WMS/Williams late '70's Solid-State pins were worse out of the box. Of course there were many more being churned out of the North California Ave. factory at the time.

#96 4 years ago

I so want a Kiss - can only get the German version though - with the silly looking ss'ss

9 months later
#97 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Me and the boys are playing

And we just can't find ourselves.

1 week later
#98 3 years ago

My Kiss pro has no issues. Cabinet art is perfect . Playfield is perfect . However its was one of the last ones they made before they stopped production,
maybe that's the solution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-kiss-pinball-is-a-pile-of-garbage/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.