You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F8544290-AF99-494A-9431-4DD126B79BB3 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
4e3f33d15a930cec2cabd2fcd598f938 (resized).jpg
sexpanther.gif
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I have recently got back into pinball since a friend took me to a local arcade back in May 2019.Instantly hooked.I had also just found out about all the new themed machines that there are.Got even more excited when I found out that there was a new kiss pin that had come out about 4 years ago.So the search started.I spent a few months trying to find a new,still crated machine.Alas,I found one.So I Purchased it.5 days later,I am the proud owner of a brand new,still factory crated,Premium/Limited KISS pinball Machine. ( FRIGGIN AWESOME ) so I thought..I'm not going to go into details about all the system and design failures of this machine since they have all been brought up many many times before.after weeks of updating,tuning,tweaking,replacing,adjusting.I have come to a conclusion.This machine is an absolute pile of " S ". Stern should be absolutely embarrassed by their lack of proper R&D testing,and positioning of certain features on the play field. take a wild guess as to what I am referring to.What could have been an epic game,turned out to be an epic failure.8 Grand down the toilet.nice going stern.you scammed me good...

#2 4 years ago

Should have got a real band and got Maiden or Metallica it is a no brainer.

#3 4 years ago

Sell it and get Metallica!! It’s my favorite Stern music pin!! It’s a top game!!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from vader67:

I have recently got back into pinball since a friend took me to a local arcade back in May 2019.Instantly hooked.I had also just found out about all the new themed machines that there are.Got even more excited when I found out that there was a new kiss pin that had come out about 4 years ago.So the search started.I spent a few months trying to find a new,still crated machine.Alas,I found one.So I Purchased it.5 days later,I am the proud owner of a brand new,still factory crated,Premium/Limited KISS pinball Machine. ( FRIGGIN AWESOME ) so I thought..I'm not going to go into details about all the system and design failures of this machine since they have all been brought up many many times before.after weeks of updating,tuning,tweaking,replacing,adjusting.I have come to a conclusion.This machine is an absolute pile of " S ". Stern should be absolutely embarrassed by their lack of proper R&D testing,and positioning of certain features on the play field. take a wild guess as to what I am referring to.What could have been an epic game,turned out to be an epic failure.8 Grand down the toilet.nice going stern.you scammed me good...

Sell it straight away, do not buy another Stern again..

Problem gone.

#5 4 years ago

Could be worse, you could have bought The Munsters.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Could be worse, you could have bought The Munsters.

Or even worse, a Munsters Le with that gawdawful lower playfield.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from vader67:

Pm me, and I will send you my address so you can send it to me and I can dispose of it for you.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from vader67:

8 Grand down the toilet.nice going stern.you scammed me good...

Sorry and no offense but it sounds like you scammed yourself by being an uninformed buyer. I'm guessing that you bought your game from an Individual rather than a distributor that could help you with your problems right?

Also had you done your homework you may have stayed away from KISS in the first place because that game had some playfield problems that would have probably scared me off from buying a four year old NIB game that had no warranty at all. I would rather buy a used one that I can see in person and look the playfield over for any clearcoat problems.

As far as tweaking, adjusting, and tinkering to get things right....well that's pinball. I do agree somewhat with you that their testing and quality control could and should be much better than what it is but there is always tinkering and adjustments that need to be done on these games seems like.

#9 4 years ago

I like my Kiss LE, but I respect your opinion
It’s not for everybody, for the record, my Demon head shoots the balls to the left flipper 95% of the time
Good luck, maybe?

#10 4 years ago

All Stern games have all manner of issues that drive buyers crazy.

It's just the way it is.

When KISS works and plays as it should it is one of the most fun games out there.

I prefer it to MET, AS, AC/DC etc.

It just gets better when you learn to use the multipliers on the super jackpots - huge scoring potential.

I had issues but works real nice now.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from vader67:

U scammed urself fella. I'm not a Kiss fan and while I didn't hate the game it wasn't for me and yeah Stern needs better quality control but its been out long enough that all u had to do was some research before the purchase to learn of the shortcomings. "a pile of garbage" come on man. Sell it you won't take that big a loss and if u bought it because ur part of the Kiss army well then u got what u derserved. Good day to u sir, I said good day.

#12 4 years ago

I am a huge Kiss fan, but bought the Pro instead of the LE/Premium due to all of the issues. I love my pro!!

#13 4 years ago

I like the game and the clear on mine is perfect.

#14 4 years ago

My kiss premium was awesome. Great machine. Learn how to dial in a machine. It's part of the hobby.

#15 4 years ago

That's the nature of pinball machines being produced.

My Stern NIB games were mostly perfect with little tweaking.
Only my GB had a bad slimer motorboard that quit after one game and a missing plastic. All the rest were good to perfect.

#16 4 years ago

Mine had Gene head issues that I could not fix 100% but it would play fine more or less due to code.

Really the ball lock mechanism is like Sex Panther, by Odeon...

sexpanther.gifsexpanther.gif
#17 4 years ago

Not a KISS band fan or KISS pinball machine fan but the whole thing felt like a money grab by Stern cashing in on a popular classic pin and loyal KISS fans. As far as Sterns QC control, at this point there is no excuse for some of their issues. I wont buy another nib from them unless I see a major improvement.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

is like Sex Panther

My friends band is called sex panther. 60% of the time, they rock all the time

#19 4 years ago

If you are a fan of Kiss the band, you've been scammed as for the game how could you not know the reputation of it, even by accident? Excellent clickbait thread title.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I like my Kiss LE, but I respect your opinion
It’s not for everybody, for the record, my Demon head shoots the balls to the left flipper 95% of the time
Good luck, maybe?

It is a very easy adjustment indeed.

KISS LE is one of my favorites in my collection

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from vader67:

Good lord, anyone who doesn't put at least one space between periods and commas deserves to be scammed.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Good lord, anyone who doesn't put at least one space between periods and commas deserves to be scammed.

Hahahaha

#23 4 years ago

Glad to hear you're back in the hobby! Sounds like you really worked hard to find this particular machine! Glad to hear you found one too.

Make sure you have upgraded your game to the latest code - I wasn't sure from your description if you'd done this. This is ABSOLUTELY 100% CRITICAL, especially for the KISS machine. A huge upgrade was released relatively recently, and make sure you're part of it.

Second, every NIB game does need to be tweaked - sounds like you did a lot of that already, but make sure you check the KISS Owner's thread, there are a lot of fixes already posted. And the support on Pinside is second to none, so ask a lot of questions! These things aren't video games, so they do take a while to dial in! It's accepted as part of the hobby, so I think the manufacturers sometimes take advantage of that.

Anyway, enjoy your game - KISS was a pretty huge letdown when it first came out in 2014, but it's really been updated in a huge way. Dont' give up!

#24 4 years ago

I played for the first time last night. It was ok. No idea what I was doing and couldn’t hear the soundtrack but ok. Gene head spit ball down the drain. That I guess should not be the case.

#25 4 years ago

KISS is a pretty fun pinball machine to play once you know and understand the rules you can rack up some killer scores on it. I enjoy mine...it's not as complex as other pinball machines but it's a very enjoyable machine.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from vader67:

Sounds like you scammed yourself good. Play games before you buy them to see if you like them. KISS is actually pretty darn good at this point. The code is really well done and deep. The light show is also great. Make sure the code is updated for first thing and if there are actual issues call stern to get things fixed. Please also use spaces and punctuation when you type so people can understand what you are trying to say.

#27 4 years ago

Someone is upset with a Stern pinball? Is this a first? From reading pinside, I got the impression they were rock solid, flawless, and built to the highest standards. All kidding aside, sell it and walk away. To be completely honest, every single pinball whether old or new is going to give you headaches over one thing or another. Pins need constant maintenance and fiddling. If those things annoy you that bad then you probably will not enjoy owning pins.

#28 4 years ago

Well nube you learned a lesson about playing a game first before buying... its still pinball so it cant be that bad. I know its going to hurt but suck it up, play the game for awhile, then trade or sell it and move on.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Play games before you buy them

Good advice for everybody.

#30 4 years ago

One word sums up this entire rant. Expectations. It's clear to me that nothing is going to make you happy. Blaming others makes people feel superior.

If you know anything at all about pinball, you should know that buying a $8,000 pinball toy is not the same as other $8K adult consumer toys.

Depending on how anal you are, pinball requires tweaking, leveling, updating code, replacing balls and rubber rings (yeah), fixing the mistakes the assembly line made, tightening screws, adjusting guides, replacing bulbs, and yes, sometimes EVEN REPLACING PARTS OUT OF THE BOX! Sounds like you are very picky so I would suggest that your game is going to need a lot of this attention.

So, you are now angry and shaking your fist at Stern. This has nothing to do with Stern. This has nothing to do with Kiss pinball.

Who is to blame again?

Sounds like you wanted to buy new in box because you expected the game to be "ready and up to your standards". The reality is, you should have bought a home use only game from a collector that is just as anal as you because they would have worked out the bugs already, making everything perfect. TRUST ME, those people are everywhere!

At least pinball machines hold a lot of their resale value. LOL.

#31 4 years ago

It will be an easy sell for you, unless yr negative post brings it down. I enjoy the pro we have, not my fav, but a good game ,wirh a great light show. Add a shaker , it changed my perspective of the game

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I wont buy another nib from them unless I see a major improvement.

In other words, you wont buy another NIB from Stern, EVER!

To the OP - kind of not smart to completely crap on a game you will now try to sell, but hey..learn the hard way, I guess.
DarkKnight got my old HUO Kiss pro for a godfather price because I was too impatient to wait for the code improvement and bought Aerosmith.
One of my largest mistakes in my collection history.
Final code turned out excellent, and I miss the pin terribly.

#33 4 years ago

Put a quarter in yo ass cause you played yourself

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from vader67:

I have recently got back into pinball since a friend took me to a local arcade back in May 2019.Instantly hooked.

You should have bought the game that hooked you.

Quoted from vader67:

This machine is an absolute pile of " S ". Stern should be absolutely embarrassed by their lack of proper R&D testing,and positioning of certain features on the play field. take a wild guess as to what I am referring to.

Opinions are like a..holes, everyone has one. I think the game art is beautiful, music is great and really fun to play. I am not alone. Many people love this game, many don't. I think that's the case with any title. Did Borg design an "absolute pile of S"? I don't think so. Well not in my opinion.

Quoted from vader67:

8 Grand down the toilet.

Only if you take it outside right now and burn it to the ground. Have a Halloween burning. Burn it while it's running. Post it or stream it on Youtube or Facebook. It will undoubtedly get some views. Otherwise just sell it or trade it.

#35 4 years ago

I own pretty much all the Rock theme pins including a Kiss LE. In my opinion its every bit as good as Metallica, Maiden and AC/DC. People like to dump on Kiss because of the slow code updates. Mechanically mine has had very few issues.

#36 4 years ago
4e3f33d15a930cec2cabd2fcd598f938 (resized).jpg4e3f33d15a930cec2cabd2fcd598f938 (resized).jpg
#37 4 years ago

I actually like Kiss. We have one in leagues with about 8,000 plays (if I remember correctly). I think the only issue they've had with it was an opto issue with Gene's head.

#38 4 years ago

I don’t get it. I had to make way more adjustments on my met and Maiden. I bought one used and maybe the previous owner had made all of the adjustments. Mine plays flawlessly and is one of my favorites.

Sorry you had a bad experience but buying nib and without playing is a gamble. In my experience sometimes it works out like for me TronLE and sometimes it doesn’t like ghostbusters, which basically sat unplayed for 3 years.

#39 4 years ago

The Premium/Limited model? Does the buyer know those are 2 different models? Hopefully he didn't pay $8k for a Premium.

#40 4 years ago

When the main objective of the game is to get your balls into Genes mouth, what did you really expect?

#41 4 years ago

Simple adjustment fixes the Gene head or just play better

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I own pretty much all the Rock theme pins including a Kiss LE. In my opinion its every bit as good as Metallica, Maiden and AC/DC. People like to dump on Kiss because of the slow code updates. Mechanically mine has had very few issues.

Your opinion is not to trusted if you honestly believe that.

#43 4 years ago

Not sure if this trick is on us, or the English language.

#44 4 years ago

Been toying with an KISS pro

#45 4 years ago

Hmmmm. No details either of the issues...

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#46 4 years ago

I know where you can get a Batman 66 for $89...

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

I know where you can get a Batman 66 for $89...

Pass.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from vader67:

Not a bad trolling for his first post. Almost triggered explanation mode. Almost!

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from vader67:

This machine is an absolute pile of " S ".

Wow, that seems overly dramatic.

Quoted from vader67:

design failures of this machine

As a former KISS owner, what the hell are you talking about? I hate KISS and still bought the machine. The layout is great. It's a fast flow, fun, fan Borg layout. The rules are simple for new players but there's also some depth. What specifically don't you like?

A handful of KISS owners have had to adjust the Gene head but so what. Almost every new game needs some kind of adjustment.

#50 4 years ago

KISS was the second pin I purchased and my first NIB. I would go the local arcades and play the Sterns that you could buy at that time. I could choose from MET, ST, KISS and GB. Even though I was not a KISS fan I found that, for me, KISS was the game I had most fun with.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-kiss-pinball-is-a-pile-of-garbage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.