Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by joekiss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Unsure if this is a physical or code problem sometimes when you make the shot if it is lit or the bass is lit it wont register. It always knows the ball is there and spits it right out. Its been very odd with the locked balls wondering if maybe if thereis a ball locked when there shouldnt be it wont register. Anyone know if there is a separate switch for the different shots?

#2 3 years ago

Mine was fine before the update, now it acts up, won't kick out,goes down the middle, ect. Ed

#3 3 years ago

Mine has the same issue. I think it's a bug in the code. The switch tests fine in test mode.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks. Im thinking its code too.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Mine was fine before the update, now it acts up, won't kick out,goes down the middle, ect. Ed

Yours was perfect before correct?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Yours was perfect before correct?

Yes 100 percent perferct.

#7 3 years ago

Another vote for bug in 1.28 code. Before update, no problems. After update to 1.28, intermittent issues like you describe. Hopefully they figure it out for the next revision.

#8 3 years ago

Not sure about your particular issue but mine is acting just fine. It seems to be acting the same on mine before the update as it is after the update. I have an LE. Now I will say that it has always taken a long time to kick out a new ball to the shooter lane once you lock a ball...kind of slows down the flow of the game but that has been the only issue I have really had overall with the game regardless of the code.

#9 3 years ago

Relief to hear. Same post update issues. Optos always work great in test mode, so it seems like code.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Not sure about your particular issue but mine is acting just fine.

If one of the colored arrows for the song or an instrument is lit at Gene's head. It won't register the shot and the ball will go back to the VUK and kick out of Gene's mouth. It's like the switch just didn't detect the ball.

#11 3 years ago

Guess its a code thing.

#12 3 years ago

I swear mine is getting worse every time I play it. it always knows the ball is in the Gene head though. is there a separate switch I should check?

#13 3 years ago

I was having an issue locking balls in genes head on our LE. I thought it was an opto issue, but it seems now that it only works if I leave the plastic cape off of behind his head. Works like a charm without it. Totally weird. Ill go play a game now to confirm this is still true. BRB.

#14 3 years ago

Nope, nevermind. Started a game, 5 seconds later "pew" flasher lights, genes head makes an eject sound. Does this over and over while you play. So aggravating. Pretty pissed I talked my boss into this pin.

3 months later
#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Nope, nevermind. Started a game, 5 seconds later "pew" flasher lights, genes head makes an eject sound. Does this over and over while you play. So aggravating. Pretty pissed I talked my boss into this pin.

Weird. I only have problems with the actual bug where you lock two balls in Lovegun in quick succession. That will mess up the head every time and has to be a software bug since it's repeatable. Even ball search can't clear it once the Lovegun gene head bug happens.

All other times the head works fine on mine. Do all your optos in the head work in test mode?

9 months later
#16 2 years ago

Has this gotten any better for anyone?? I can hardly get the bass instrument anymore.

#17 2 years ago

I have seen this problem with multiple KISS machines on location. Super irritating since song and instrument completion are already challenging. It also seems those machines don't add a letter to the "DEMON" spellout. Obviously a common issue.
It hasn't ever occurred on my Premium (1.28) At least not yet.

#18 2 years ago

Mine is a premium.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside