(Topic ID: 193550)

Stern Kiss bumper lights not working, Maybe Node board?

By capguntrooper

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I never really noticed this but my LE bumper lights never turn on during game play, during test mode they will flash appropriate color and during attract they only turn white. Maybe a bad node board? If so which one would it be?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

lets take a look
http://sternpinball.com/upload/games/kiss/le/KissLEweb.pdf
page 16 seems to be pop bumper lights are Node board 11
It shows which connections deal with which lights...so check to make sure the other lights on that board are working. Mid field flasher left & right, Extra ball, backstage pass etc So if you can isolate it down to 1 connection.
I would also reseat all connections and disconnect the ethernet cable and reboot see if it helps.

All lights seem to operate fine save for the batman bumper, the green and blue are switched when testing the color lights all others are correct, but the bumper lights still do not function during game play. When I think about it, I don't ever recall them working to begin with. Missed that one! I will try switching the cat 5 cabels, there shouldn't be anything special or different with them.

#4 6 years ago

wasn't cat 5 or loose connectors.

#5 6 years ago

So after watching several other kiss videos of gameplay, it turns out that my LE operates perfectly. I was initially confused when I played a friends PRO with some very active bumpers. He informed me that they were not modded, so I will be investigating on his machine and report back with video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-kiss-bumper-lights-not-working-maybe-node-board?tu=capguntrooper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.