NotCrackBut (resized).png
il_570xn-262856381 (resized).jpg
Unknown-9 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
-you-cant-polish-a-turd--639ac (resized).png
1a3px9 (resized).jpg
356358_1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

They should make the code open source and allow individuals to create and share their own version of the game. Once the base code is there, updates and additions shouldnt be that time consuming. I for one would be happy to build better and differant code for the pin community.

Will never happen.

-Someone accidentally /purposely programs something fries everyone's games - Stern won't take responsibility.

-These games are licensed products and everything has to be approved by the licensor. People changing audio & video will not fly. (yes I know there is he browser, but that is essentially a hack).

#43 7 years ago

BTW, what exactly is unfinished on Kiss? The cities still do nothing, right? I always thought it was weird they put those in there without any purpose....had there not been a city selection, no one would know about it, and no one could complain. Anything massively obvious besides the cities?

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Does anyone know how much it actually costs Stern to make a game?

Why is that relevant? It could cost 10 cents, but that doesn't take into account factory rent, utilities, salaries, marketing, R&D, and all the other costs that are part of why these games cost what they do.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Meh. Someone needs to do it.
iPhones and other devices go thru "bom" analysis from a business perspectives all the time. I'd welcome that be done on a Pinball machines. Of course; I don't expect anyone to do that given the complexity of said machine.

There have been BOM threads before - but at the end of the day, who cares? It's a relatively low volume niche product that requires specialized talented staff and a huge factory to produce. The parts themselves may have "relatively low" cost compared to what they sell for ...but what goes into creating a pinball machine and keeping a factory's doors open is far more than the physical parts in a machine. That's why they're expensive. That's why the complaints about Prem/LE prices vs. Pros based on the BOM of the extra parts is always irrelevant...there's a business to run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-just-doesnt-care?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.