NotCrackBut (resized).png
il_570xn-262856381 (resized).jpg
Unknown-9 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
-you-cant-polish-a-turd--639ac (resized).png
1a3px9 (resized).jpg
356358_1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Just speak with your money. Don't buy new games until the code is complete. I stopped awhile ago. Too many issues and aggravation that can be avoided.

+1

After XMen, I stopped buying NIB games from Stern. And I've stuck to it! Just now, I'm picking up a Met because the code is complete (old stock because of play field issues). I also favor after market Stern games that Lyman is lead on. Higher chance those games get completed because his personal commitment.

If we don't speak with our money, then we have no one to blame but ourselves. But then you see Batman66 sell out without pictures or pricing. The community is not united on this topic because getting a collectible is more important to some.

For me - I'll continue to wait and reward with my wallet only when complete product is built.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I tried doing this - but then I fell for that horseshit about Stern's commitment to code releases.

356358_1 (resized).jpg356358_1 (resized).jpg

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well, it is. The game works; I've played it. Yes, there are unrealised areas of potential..

Umm, inserts that don't do anything (per OP). I think this is why your definition of done is different than many others. Work at Stern?

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Umm, inserts that don't do anything (per OP). I think this is why your definition of done is different than many others. Work at Stern?

Let me apologize up front. I just reread and that came across rude.

My knee jerk reaction is software programmers/developers, like whom I work with, who say after the fact - software is hard. "This is close enough"... "it's not a feature anyone is really using anyway, let's move on." Hogwarts.

Product Management spent time detailing use cases and customer requirements. Developers review, say no problem just dollars and days, provide a timeline, accept job and ask for funding. Then when you review the code and it's not matching up to requirements - "do you really need this?"...."it's close enough".

This is not meant as a condemenation on all developers. Just the lazy ones. Lyman, is not lazy. The others, I can only say their work speaks for itself. I assume you are not lazy either. So my apologies for the unfair comment.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This entire thread is a troll and you come off as a petulant baby.
You should consider selling your KISS, and also posting less.

Unknown-9 (resized).jpegUnknown-9 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#222 7 years ago

When Levi and Cornelius return from their temporary thread eject, will the debate continue? Does Levi really wear sandals and that hat? If Cornelius keeps waving his arms like Levi says will he start to fly? Stay tuned. Same Bat time same bat channel.

Oops wrong thread.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-just-doesnt-care?tu=badbilly27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.