NotCrackBut (resized).png
il_570xn-262856381 (resized).jpg
Unknown-9 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
-you-cant-polish-a-turd--639ac (resized).png
1a3px9 (resized).jpg
356358_1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 7 years ago

Here is my thought(s) on this. I still think Stern makes excellent pins, but their customer service needs some serious work. Would it hurt to post on their Facebook page or on Pinside what they are working on in terms of code updates? From what I understand, every time I heard a pinsider get on Sterns Facebook question and ask a question about an update or an issue with the manufacture of their pin (defects), Stern blocks them and ignores their question? Really? Didn't that Jodie guy use to be a pinsider before he got the job of marketing with Stern? Correct me if I'm wrong on this. If he is, he fell into the same mode. I just thought after Stern hired him he could act as a liaison between the company and its fans, especially since I'm sure so many are here on Pinside.

Hats off to Aurich though. He was in the same boat and I remember when he first came to Pinside. The boy made some excellent back glass art and really garnered our respect from doing those jobs. Because of his artistic talent, Heighway pinball noticed it and gave him a job with them to help design the art on their Alien pin. He always kept us posted on what he could tell us and sometimes got backlash from doing so, but at least he threw us a bone to chew on. Yeah, I'm bragging on him, but he help wet my appetite in wanting to get the Alien pin (a dream theme for me). Plus, Andrew comes on once in awhile to keep us updated as well, so thank you sir. Even Jersey Jack just recently posted a video on YouTube on an update coming out soon and a fix on a pinball machine (I think it was for the Hobbit). Again, thank you sir.

Does Stern read Pinside? Don't know, don't care. I'm hoping they do, to at least hear our suggestions and complaints. Communication and love for the fans is what it should be all about. I'm not saying Gary Stern is like JPOP or that idiot who screwed so many guys out of their money on that Predator pin (which makes me sick for those guys. It could have happened to anyway of us on the pre-order hysteria), I'm just saying talk to your buyers.

On a side note. Hasbro (the big toy maker) every year listens and asks their fans and collectors what action figure they would like to be made in the Star Wars line. After a poll is completed, Hasbro takes the winner and makes that figure usually within the year. Sometimes the character is so obscure from the film (passing glance or just a creature in the background) that you don't even know they're in the film. Something nerdy I'm sure, but at least they listen to the fans.

#67 7 years ago

This is the type of post I like. Let the guy vent. Heck, we all at one time wanted a new code for our pins. Being a Kiss owner, I like hearing gripes, complaints, praises, updates, pics and mod ideas from other Kiss owners. Regardless if it's a pin, car, boat, or whatever, we want the best for what we paid for, new world problem or not. Still have to get up every morning to work for our hobbies.

#106 7 years ago

I totally agree on waiting until the pin is polished before purchasing one. I think most of us "buy early" in fears of passing it up and, for some reason, the pin gains popularity and ends up costing us more if we try to get it later.

Speaking from experience, I had a chance to buy a fellow pinsider's Tron LE for $6000.00 bucks shortly after it was released, but at the time the code was not fully finished and I passed it up. Yep, that one backfired on me. But, on the flip side, I ended up getting a really nice modded Pro and ended up not liking it that much so it helped with the pain (a little).

Unless it's a killer theme that I really want (cough cough Star Wars Rogue One cough cough), I'm going to be hesitant in jumping on the band wagon again.

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did that really help you deal with the pain of losing out on $4,000-$6000 in potential profit?

Nope, but I keep telling myself that.

#181 7 years ago

Keep the faith fattdirk. I'm starting to look at new pins like a bowl of a new flavored ice cream.

You order some because you had ice cream before and you loved it. The flavor must be good because everybody in line ordered the new flavor and had to try it. You get it, you love it, you want some more of it. It tastes good, but man wouldn't it be sweet with some toppings on it (that you already paid for).

After waiting for the toppings, your ice cream starts to melt and it feels and looks different than what you paid for. Sure, it still looks and tastes the same, but not as good as when you first laid eyes on it.

You complain about it, but other people around you tell you to be happy because there are starving children around the world who go to bed hungry at night, so you should be happy that you can afford to get ice cream in the first place.

One customer tells you that is why they never sway from the flavor they know is good and you should know better than to take a risk like that.

At least I didn't compare to buying and selling cars. I'm going to get me a bowl of ice cream.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-just-doesnt-care?tu=Indypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.