NotCrackBut (resized).png
il_570xn-262856381 (resized).jpg
Unknown-9 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
-you-cant-polish-a-turd--639ac (resized).png
1a3px9 (resized).jpg
356358_1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 7 years ago

I have to say.. This is very bad business on Stern's part. An update to the owners of the Kiss machines and a time table on when code will be available for download would have been much more appreciated. Even an update as to what type of updates we can expect would have
been enough to satisfy the $7000 + $400 Kiss pinball topper purchasers. But this is just crap. After this, I'm going back to collecting Williams and Bally Machines.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

"Stay tuned" makes my blood boil.
If I were a Kiss owner I would be like "fuck you"
There needs to be some viable competition in the pinball industry because Stern are just gaudy Kings of Pinball. Bring on Alien, bring on JJP #3.

Sold my Star Trek, bought a KISS. Sold my KISS bought a Star Trek! After the last code update it was obvious that there was going to be little advance in code features. A quick blow over pf the instrument targets and (admittedly great but done by Lyman not Ropp) wizard mode then leaving the cities in there doing nothing? Poor for the amount of time it took.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

"Stay tuned" makes my blood boil.
If I were a Kiss owner I would be like "fuck you"
There needs to be some viable competition in the pinball industry because Stern are just gaudy Kings of Pinball. Bring on Alien, bring on JJP #3.

No you wouldn't.

You'd be like "I'm a kisstard, and I worship KISS, and I had no choice but to buy this game, and I'm gonna keep bitching about the code like it's an actual, real world problem, despite the fact that they WILL eventually finish it, and I won't sell it."

You'd probably be like that. Like everybody who bought KISS.

#204 7 years ago

I bought Kiss. Still like it, no plans to sell. It's simple, cheesy fun. The code will get done eventually. And the topper is rad to the max.

But I guess I'm a Kisstard, so what do I know?

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I bought Kiss. Still like it, no plans to sell. It's simple, cheesy fun. The code will get done eventually. And the topper is rad to the max.
But I guess I'm a Kisstard, so what do I know?

I'm not the one telling you to say "f you" to Stern. I think you should keep your game and be patient like everybody else who has ever bought a Stern game in the past 5 years, it's way cooler than the collection of Gene Simmons action figures on your bookcase.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

it's way cooler than the collection of Gene Simmons action figures on your bookcase.

How did you know about that?

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

How did you know about that?

Well you said you are a Kisstard.

#208 7 years ago

Stern - "Why do you deserve the Batman Super LE?"

Me - "Cause I bought a KISS LE."

#209 7 years ago

Crazy Levi, its sad that you're resorting to making up shit just to keep your daily post-in-every-thread quota met, but I don't even LIKE Kiss. I mean, their shitty music has grown on me since getting into the pin, but I'm the farthest thing from a Kisstard.

Tell me, how does a grown ass man leave the house in a pair of sandals, yet somehow feels like he's qualified to critique everyone and everything?

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

but I don't even LIKE Kiss. I mean, their shitty music has grown on me since getting into the pin, but I'm the farthest thing from a Kisstard."

Then why were you wearing a KISS shirt at Pinburgh, and why do you have a tattoo of Paul Stanley sucking on his finger?

Quoted from Cornelius:

Tell me, how does a grown ass man leave the house in a pair of sandals?

He puts on a pair of sandals, and leaves the house.

Quoted from Cornelius:

Crazy Levi, its sad that you're resorting to making up shit just to keep your daily post-in-every-thread quota met

So you are accusing me of coming on pinside and making posts, which is the exact point of this place and it's reason for being? Sick burn, Corny!

Tell me, how does a grown-ass man get THIS pissed off that someone doesn't like Pokemon Go? You've been stalking me for literally MONTHS over that. Your butthurt beef over Pokemon has actually lasted LONGER than the Pokemon Go fad.

It's cute. Keep it up. I see ya kid! You can stop waving your arms wildly.

#211 7 years ago

On topic, I think Stern cares. These guys are passionate about the business of pinball in a way we'll never understand. I just think their chosen method of communicating with their customers sucks.

The games will have issues, be it clearcoat, inserts, decals, node boards, slow code updates, etc. It's part of the business with handmade products containing thousands of parts.

Every issue I've had with a Stern game has been resolved with excellent customer service. However, I can't in good conscience purchase another NIB until they *acknowledge* the current issues and address a solution.

'Stay tuned' can easily be substituted for: 'Thanks for your patience guys. We have great Kiss updates planned to include cities, mini wizard modes, and new animations. Our coders are hard at work, and we're hoping for a Q1 2017 release.'

It's their business and they can run it as they see fit. I'm not complaining, I just scratch my head at their myopic communications strategy.

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It's their business and they can run it as they see fit. I'm not complaining, I just scratch my head at their myopic communications strategy.

It's the same reason when a ride goes down at Six Flags they don't say "This rollercoaster should be back running in 20 minutes."

They say "It's down, we are working on it, you can stay in line or come back later."

They don't really know how long it's going to take, and they don't want to piss people off by making promises and then missing benchmark dates - we've seen how well that goes over in pinball, right?

Anybody who has been paying any kind of attention over the past decade knows it's a matter of years - not months - for Stern to polish their code. Getting upset that this hasn't suddenly changed makes no sense at all and dramatically suggesting that "Stern just doesn't care" is ridiculous. If they didn't care they wouldn't keep working on the code, and they always do.

People keep questioning Stern's business strategy and acumen, while completely ignoring the fact that they are the only successful pinball manufacturer currently that mass produces multiple games a year. They know what they are doing.

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's the same reason when a ride goes down at Six Flags they don't say "This rollercoaster should be back running in 20 minutes.

The rollercoaster-gument. Got it.

#214 7 years ago

Crazy Levi, I don't give a -removed- if you play or don't play Pokemon Go I don't have stock in Niantic, so who gives a shit?

My particular issue is that you're... Well.. You're a -removed-. if you weren't in EVERY. SINGLE. PINSIDE. THREAD, it wouldn't be so bad. But man, as it is right now? You're insufferable. AND you leave the house in sandals.

It's a good thing you know how to play Pinball well or you'd basically be -removed-.

#215 7 years ago

All of the coders are busy writing a program to review and accept/reject applications for BM66 SLE.

Stern is well aware there is plenty of work to do on the Kiss code. i am sure there will be another update as there are known bugs and features not added. Hopefully soon.....

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Crazy Levi, I don't give a -removed- if you play or don't play Pokemon Go .

Yes you do. You've been stalking me like a psycho ever since I said Pokemon Go is lame. I never even knew who you were before then as your "contributions" here are so unmemorable. Following some guy around at Pinburgh who WASN'T EVEN ME and taking photos of him from behind to expose Sandal use? Yeah, that's not scary, and is totally healthy behavior from a grown-ass man with some lame online forum beef.

But hey keep it up, it's cute, just like your daily trips to the park to giggle with teenagers while you chase around Pokemon. Don't worry, I see ya kid! You can stop waving your arms around wildly.

#217 7 years ago

Hey, how about you use the "waving [my] arms wildly" phrase once more for good measure, my Berkenstock-knock-off-wearing Broheim? It's a really scathing dis!

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Following some guy around at Pinburgh who WASN'T EVEN ME and taking photos of him from behind to expose Sandal use? Yeah, that's not scary, and is totally healthy behavior from a grown-ass man with some lame online forum beef.

Behind someone in the drink line is following some guy around, some guy named Levi wearing the same mountain biking hat in your avatar TOTALLY WASNT YOU, and so and so forth. Insert bored emoticon here.

Whatever dude. Stern rules, everyone else drools, it's ridiculous to expect a company to release a fully working product in this day and age of software updates, Jersey Jack is a choad, Heighway is a lamer, all hail King Levi, etc. etc.

Did I hit all the PBC talking points?

#219 7 years ago

I see ya kid! You can stop waving your arms around wildly.

Is there anything more pathetic than someone who drags a petty Basement Pokemon beef up into the main room? There's two kind of people around here, those who can roll with the punches and not get obsessed with any particular pinsider, and narrow-minded tools who stalk people. I think we know which basket of deplorables Corny lives in.

#221 7 years ago

(to follow)

#222 7 years ago

When Levi and Cornelius return from their temporary thread eject, will the debate continue? Does Levi really wear sandals and that hat? If Cornelius keeps waving his arms like Levi says will he start to fly? Stay tuned. Same Bat time same bat channel.

Oops wrong thread.

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from Push600:

These are the reasons I will never buy another Stern. I had met pro and sold it.
I'll never spend that kind of cash for and incomplete product from them. Way too much cash for something left undone.

MET pro is one of Stern's best games and it has complete code (missing a few minor features)

Quoted from badbilly27:

... Does Levi really wear sandals and that hat? ...

Creepy or not, I wanna see the pic of Levi in his hat and faux birkenstock's too.

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

When Levi and Cornelius return from their temporary thread eject, will the debate continue? Does Levi really wear sandals and that hat? If Cornelius keeps waving his arms like Levi says will he start to fly? Stay tuned. Same Bat time same bat channel.
Oops wrong thread.

Does it look like I was wearing sandals or a hat at pinburgh?

And who gives a shit anyway? I wasn't aware pinball tournaments were fashion shows. I've seen fewer black t-shirts at metal shows.

I'm just glad so many people like taking pictures of my ass when I'm not looking!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#226 7 years ago

I can hear stern know smiling down on us laughing theirs asses off and wispering lick it up lick it up oh oh i wanna hear yea lick it up lick it up

1 week later
#227 7 years ago

What about an updated GOT code?

#228 7 years ago

Soooooo frustrated with the lack of Kiss code.

Just wanted to add my every 6 month post at how shitty it is that Stern forgot about Kiss. Even people that come over and play it that aren't pin people talk about how they don't know what to shoot for and that the game seems simplistic compared to MET and AC/DC.

#229 7 years ago

I dug up an old post of mine from the great Metallica code drought of '14. I also tried to sell it and couldn't give it away. We've been here before..

"I own both of these. I play tron all the time. Metallica just sits there in the corner alone. It is a turd. It is beautiful to look at. The ramps are like butter. The sound is fantastic. It can be a flow monster. It is built better than tron. It is simply boring as hell. I am patiently waiting for code and I'm sure it will be good, but in the meantime tron all day."

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Soooooo frustrated with the lack of Kiss code.
Just wanted to add my every 6 month post at how shitty it is that Stern forgot about Kiss. Even people that come over and play it that aren't pin people talk about how they don't know what to shoot for and that the game seems simplistic compared to MET and AC/DC.

The sad thing is that if Stern really cranked up the code quality, the game would sell (better). It's not a bad license like WWE was and it has a woderful art package. The layout isn't the greatest, but it works. And we all know the Stern code train usually derails post game release.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-just-doesnt-care/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.