IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3841 (resized).jpeg
245519888_10220050181501531_7438717550169610737_n (resized).jpg
20230318142302 (resized).jpg
JP (resized).jpeg
IMG_0649 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3243 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timlah79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

The mod to end all mods.

Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Final Mod , and what a mod it is.

This will finally give true meaning to:
Ellie: "You said you have a T-Rex?"
Hammond: "Ha, yes... We have a T-Rex!"

Can't wait!

4 weeks later
#215 2 years ago

This has to be the scariest thing for you to deal with. I hope the fighting stops soon and that you and your entire family, loved ones, and neighbors remain free from harm in the interim.

1 week later
#229 2 years ago

So glad to hear things have settled down and that you are ok. That's insane about the rocket hitting the building next door. Waiting for this mod, as amazing as it will be, is a drop in the bucket in comparison to knowing you are ok (hopefully you understand that reference). Just saying that I'm elated you and your family are ok.

Quoted from liorillusion:

Looking for someone that order the T-REX and have skills to make installation video.
the guy that was doing the video just told me it will take 4 weeks lol so im not going to wait and i can ship one for the video tomorrow if need.
please only someone that have good skills in video editing and good English
Thanks

I'm pretty well versed in video production and editing and have the equipment. I can do this for you for sure. Feel free to PM me.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Let me know if Tim’s Video is subpar, and I’ll take up his slack. Seriously, assuming he knows how to speak English, Tim will do an excellent job.
BTW, you do realize this isn’t a music video, right Tim?

It isn't!? I'm pretty sure the one Lior is sending is special in that she also performs like a Teddy Ruxpin. So the end credits will be her rapping Jurassick Dark.

Quoted from bent98:

Hey Tim, Dont drop any metal shavings in your bulb sockets when you install the T-rex mod.

Noted. Only graham cracker crumbles this time around!

1 week later
#248 2 years ago

Music videos take time, brother!

1 week later
#293 2 years ago

For those wondering about the installation video ETA. Unsure who all understands what it takes to produce a video, even a "short" one. Doing so is not like just throwing images into photoshop and clicking upload. There are extremely difficult angles to record (which I've had to re-do multiple takes for when this/that isn't quite in the right view) plus editing is a beast when it comes to ensuring all requirements/steps are called out properly. Rest assured, I've been hard at work for many more days and hours than I originally expected but I'm determined to make it as beneficial as possible for you. I'm not cutting corners. I've also put many personal priorities to the wayside due to my commitment to Lior. I even took the entire day today off work today to complete what I hope are the final touches. I expect to be able to share the final version within the next day or two. I understand those who are about to receive their mod will need this video at that time of delivery. It will be exactly what you need to install this successfully (if you pay attention of course!). Thanks in advance for understanding the delay.

#300 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

For those wondering about the installation video ETA. Unsure who all understands what it takes to produce a video, even a "short" one. Doing so is not like just throwing images into photoshop and clicking upload. There are extremely difficult angles to record (which I've had to re-do multiple takes for when this/that isn't quite in the right view) plus editing is a beast when it comes to ensuring all requirements/steps are called out properly. Rest assured, I've been hard at work for many more days and hours than I originally expected but I'm determined to make it as beneficial as possible for you. I'm not cutting corners. I've also put many personal priorities to the wayside due to my commitment to Lior. I even took the entire day today off work today to complete what I hope are the final touches. I expect to be able to share the final version within the next day or two. I understand those who are about to receive their mod will need this video at that time of delivery. It will be exactly what you need to install this successfully (if you pay attention of course!). Thanks in advance for understanding the delay.

As of this afternoon (6/16) the video is DONE! Lior will provide you with a private link / QR code to watch. It will not be publicly shared so please *don't share* the link you'll receive. Please also pay very close attention to each step and callout within to ensure your install is as seamless as possible. I "spared no expense" in producing it, including as much detail as I could. I hope it helps you guys install this incredible piece of art with ease.

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Might be rated R, but only because of the bloody scene where the T-Rex decapitates and eats the goat.

It's actually NC-17 due to the [censored] pics at the end...

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Also, My JP was made late last year and I have 3/4" spacer between plastic and metal plate. I didnt need to put shorter ones in like what it said in the video.

Dont panic if yours are 3/4". If your machine wasnt made in the first 6-12 months, you may be fine with them.

Correct, please don't panic! To reiterate, me putting that spacers length precaution into the video was not intended for anyone to go worrying and measuring them in advance. It's something to address only if you have issues post install (described in the video). Most people will likely not have this issue. I happened to on my machine and shorter 5/8" spacers was the fix/workaround for me. I put the caution into the video because it took me a while to figure out root cause and I wanted to make sure no one else had the same problem.

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

The JJPOTC HMS Endeavor Ship mod was/is one of the best mods ever produced....until this. Lior is the king of all pinball mods.

Wait a minute... Does Lior's T-Rex head mod's "king" status now make my JP mod (which I can't talk about ) "prince" now? Or do I still retain my crown in JP mod land and Lior's is now "queen" (since all of the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park are female)? Joking of course. Lior's T-Rex is a feat of engineering and design with an unmatched attention to detail. I couldn't help but throw a little lighthearted reply into this thread.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The problem with the lower jaw was not anything I did wrong it was that the rear holes were off by a mm or two so I had to get the rear screws started but loose first and then fully seat the jaw and install the front screw, then tighten the rear 2.
There was no way that I would've been able to seat the jaw and then put all 3 screws in, the holes just simply did not line up.

That's interesting, I didn't have any issues with the jaw hole alignment but I think you're the 2nd person who has. My only issue is that when I first slid the jaw on and went to find the screw holes, I realized I didn't actually have the mold and metal jaw "settled" correctly. I hadn't pressed the metal flat against the mold and I hadn't slid the mold down far enough either (my own user error). I imagine you assured you had, but it is important (like I mention in the video) for the jaw inner mold cutout and metal jaw to be "flush" with one another. The mold should have the perfect sized "cutout" to where it feels obvious once you have it in correctly, feels like it "fits like a glove" per se. The way even the stock jaw attaches is simply not a great design IMO. Given that all you're working with are super tiny screws and just plain ol' holes in the jaw metal leaves lots of room for error. Just be careful and use your fingers as feelers on both sides to ensure everything is in position. Then yes probably a good idea to not make any given screw too tight at first. Only once everything feels aligned then should you do the final tightening of all 3, but NOT TOO TIGHT. It's a plastic vs. metal war down there no matter how you look at it. Just be careful to only screw in as far as needed, not so much that you start lifting the tongue sticker on the metal above either. Use your god given feelers!

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Belthazar is gobbling up pinballs properly.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Now I'm off to release Sarx into her habitat.

Loving people calling out names for her! My girlfriend named my stock one Elma. Bertha is on the menu for the new one but that's still a decision in the making. I suppose Sue is an obvious choice (watch your dino documentaries, people!) but your guys' names are far more clever.

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thought I would offer a note about the spacers. I completed the installation and everything seemed great when I manually tested side-to-side movement, so I left the original white spacers in (mine are the longer version). Turned the pin on, and then heard gears grinding. Wasn't sure why since T-Rex had clearance in my manual testing then I realized it was when the head would raise and then swing side to side that it was hitting the plastic. I had some shorter black spacers in my stash, so I installed those, retested, and everything worked perfectly with plenty of clearance in all positions now.

Sorry we figured hardly anyone else would have this issue therefore one of the last steps in the video just quickly says to go into the test modes. If you have the "grinding" problem" it will be immediately noticed upon t-rex MB start when her head "thrashes". It is not easily tested from just the HORIZONTAL +/- test alone. You need to:

1. Go into VERTICAL test
2. Raise the T-Rex as high as it can be with the '+' button
3. Switch to HORIZONTAL test (and allow the t-rex to find horizontal home again while her head is raised)
4. Hit the SELECT button (the far right button that makes her thrash side to side, NOT the +/- which simply moves her to her general L/R positions)
5. Watch and listen as she thrashes back and forth

If the stepper motor freaks out/grinds and/or she gets stuck to the L/R position, that is the indication that you may need to adjust those spacers. If anyone has ever replaced post rubbers with anything else, you should still have the stock ones. Those just so happen to be 5/8" so you can use those to replace the 3/4" ones. Note that the LEFT and RIGHT BIAS settings DO NOTHING when it comes to this "thrashing" motion, so don't go messing with those settings to try to work around/fix the issue. Please keep those at factory 0.

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Question was about "Mezel tower", but I'll speak to the fence posts. Again, while I don't have the Mezel fence posts, I do have a similar mod I made myself (see photos in my last post above). When the T-Rex swings fully to the left (it's right) it does hit the post and moves it maybe 2-3mm, but there is plenty of flex built into the post/mount/plastic that it doesn't negatively impact anything. Again, this is only when it swings to the extreme, which is not every time. Also, it doesn not make contact with the fence post on the right (it's left). You can see the clearances/contact in my video clip . . .
[quoted image]

My stock *and* the new t-rex head has always contacted the left post when thrashing, stock fence posts stern *or* with mezel mods (taped around the stock plastic -- other option is to remove the stock plastic but that seemed like a pain in the ass at the time). Always been this way in either scenario for my LE. I will say mine never hits the right side either and I am not aware of anyone else's whose does. That to me would be a concern. I've had the mezel mod posts installed for well over 1.5 years of owning the machine and nothing has broken (yet! . So while I don't like it, since I'm assuming over time that's stressing out the post assembly, not much can be done about that AFAIK.

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

LOL, your mod is F ing awesome too. Honestly timlah79 i think would’ve sold my JPLE long ago if not for your mod. It totally puts the game on another level. I know you didn’t want me to, but I still voted you for a TWIPY. The game is now one of our favorites.

Thank you for the love! The reward for me is hearing how my work has made those who bought this incredible machine happier when playing. But I digress, this is about Lior's amazing mod, not mine.

Quoted from evh347:

I really appreciated the T-Rex install video. I was thinking at one point, how did he get such good shots of the stuff I practically had to be a contortionist to get to? I put several games on it tonight and have had no issues to report. Very wise to include it and grant access like you both did. I’m grateful for the coordination. That was my first time taking the T-Rex apart, the video was super helpful. I’d say it took me an hour if you subtract the trips to the hardware store and the usual distractions I endured from the time I opened the box.

Taking video at the angles I did was incredibly difficult. Thank you for recognizing that! I had to use an emulator for my camera, long USB'd to my laptop so I could even see what I was recording and control it externally. For recording the backbox, I used a small stepping stool placed in the back to prop the camera into just the right position.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

I streamed the new T-Rex yesterday. No issues whatsoever.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1065494374
Ron...

I enjoyed watching this until 20:25 where you said in regards to someone's question about the install video:

"The music though was intolerable! UGH! I had to mute it."

Intolerable?! It's a carefully crafted instrumental that leverages multiple assets from the JP movie (and my guess is you haven't even listened to the song it's from). You're entitled to your opinion, and if you didn't like it that's fine but that didn't even answer the question. You probably should have kept that opinion to yourself. Am I being oversensitive because it's my art? Likely, but that truly rubbed me the wrong way given the 100's of hours it took to make this so people like you could install the mod correctly. I feel that answer/comment was uncalled for and very disrespectful.

#421 2 years ago

Never knew the differences with the green t-rex that shipped with early LE owners like myself vs. the brown they later created. Most noticeable changes (besides the entire color of course) are that the old one has white eyes, the new has yellow/orange and the old has no gums coloring but the new does. Undoubtedly, Lior's trumps them both a million times over, but figured I'd share this comparison photo of the stock heads.

T-Rex Green and Brown Compare (resized).jpgT-Rex Green and Brown Compare (resized).jpg
#425 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

timlah79 great instructions the only thing I had to do different that I didn't notice in your video was I had to remove the e-clip and washer on both sides of the metal rod that holds the jaw otherwise I couldn't get the post to go through all the way the washer was hitting the new body. All is good and after spending 20 minutes trying to find the dropped e-clip I found it

I see what you're saying with the rod vs. body. What you can do is loosen the two body screws temporarily. This will allow you to slightly slide the head back and forth to give you a better angle on the rod and the e-clip. Then re-position the body screws and tighten. Also LOL about the tiny e-clip. My game room where I was doing all of this has shaggy black carpet. I think I spent about 30 min during one loss of the clip sifting through the shag to find it. Only after losing it multiple times did I realize, duh the living room has flat, beige carpet. Do this part there!

Quoted from Red_Devils:

I would say it took about an hour to install taking my time all the way. FWIW I really liked the music on the video
Thanks to all involved in this great mod
[quoted image]

Thank you for the kind words about the video and instrumental! Here's the full song with lyrics if anyone wants to listen.
Jurassick Dark: https://soundcloud.com/tim-stiles/jurassick-dark-master-v3-w-cuts-by-qreepz

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

What happened to that green Rex?! How did it get so scuffed up?

J-Freeze If you mean the scuff on the right side of the jaw, also pictured below, that's because my green one has to graze the ramp in that area before it can settle to the ramp. If you mean the orange-ish lines on the main head piece, that's literally the stock art/paint, not scuffs. If you meant a different scuff, it's probably because I've taken it on and off so many times. Also I've had it for almost 2 years now so I'm sure there's general wear and tear.

Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Tim - is the shape/size of the lower jaw (particularly the back of the jaw) any different between the 2 variants? I have the green version and have noticed (along with others on the JP thread) that the back of the jaw comes into contact with the ramp when T-Rex opens her mouth which results in her head moving slightly left. I'm just wondering whether Stern slightly modified the shape in going to the new version.

Manny65 As I mentioned above my stock green t-rex has always done the same thing when it comes to contacting the ramp. This is somewhat "normal" AFAIK. Good call about jaw mold differences. I just removed the new jaw and took a couple photos. Difficult to see, but yes you are right. In fact the jaw molds are slightly different. The new brown one is definitely wider at least when it comes to its inner cut out. I haven't broken out a mini ruler yet and checked the screw holes in both the mold and metal (I'm not taking my new one off again to measure it's older, metal jaw) but this could be the reason why some people are having difficulty attaching the new mod's jaw. I'd like to think that the holes in both the mold and the metal have stayed in the same place but I'm not too sure. I believe Lior's was modeled after the newer brown mold but he can speak to that.
JP Trex Jaw Underside Comparison (resized).jpgJP Trex Jaw Underside Comparison (resized).jpg
JP Trex Jaw Inside Comparison (resized).jpgJP Trex Jaw Inside Comparison (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 14.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timlah79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball?tu=timlah79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.