IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3841 (resized).jpeg
245519888_10220050181501531_7438717550169610737_n (resized).jpg
20230318142302 (resized).jpg
JP (resized).jpeg
IMG_0649 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3243 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

I'm getting a t-rex for sure. Can't seem to find one on Freddy's Pinball Paradise and your link doesn't seem to be working?

Read his posts. The T-Rex is not available yet, only the paddock signs.

2 weeks later
#54 3 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

this goes into my signs. its the acrylic inserts that lit.

gotcha

1 month later
#91 3 years ago

Just PM'd you (Texas, USA). I was on the fence like Timmy, but you shocked me off of it.
timmy.giftimmy.gif

BTW, since you're including an extra set of T-Rex teeth, can I just walk around in public with them in my mouth?

#101 3 years ago

Guys please do not forget to fill the survey. without survey its like you are not in the list.

Me just simple caveman. Me want dinosaur. Me not know follow instructions.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#105 3 years ago

****YOU HAVE A CHANCE TODAY TO WIN MY JP -T-REX!****
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/
[quoted image]
GOOD LUCK!

Does this mean I get my $40 deposit back after I win later today?

Oh, I now remember that "non refundable" disclaimer. Oh well, I'll still plan on winning anyway.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Did you win? me caveman lol.
[quoted image]

Looks like he’s still getting my money.

1 month later
#127 3 years ago

T-Rex will get a mold next month and we wills tart production.
[quoted image]

This is what we are all waiting for!

4 weeks later
#138 3 years ago

Are you sure those GnR owners can't wait a little longer? I'm sure they would be more than happy to let the T-Rex cut in line.

#142 3 years ago

No you are wrong! its all work by a list. and in our studio we have production line depend on the machine who cast in the studio and the molds.
GNR mods was sold before i reveal the T-REX and the casting machines are busy with this right now and also the workers.
people who bought GNR mods paid in full not only 40$ deposit and same no refunds.
As i wrote here and in the deposit message i said that the production of T-REX will start in 4-6 months. and people know about it.
its really not about who paid we do all by line to make it fair!
not everything is about the money.... i will be very very happy to give you refund right now just send me your paypal address. please read my thread and the message you got from me when you place a order

As i said its all working by production line and who order first. GNR mods was before the T-REX reveal
will not start to work on T-REX before March and to make mold and prepare the casting machine it will take time.
we also had 1 month of lockdown that we didn't work at all so its add 1 month delay for all products
BTW our top top priority right now its the JP signs thats are ready and on the packing table. i will pack them tomorrow and i still need to make new manual because we change few things on the installation.

Sorry to be the cause of your detailed post, as I was just trying to give you a hard time. You’ve been completely clear about your production schedule, and I know the challenges you’ve been facing. My comment was just my lighthearted way to let you know how much us JP owners are looking forward to your T-Rex mod.

3 weeks later
#152 3 years ago

T-REX production just started!
. . . we will ship 5 T-REX for close friends . . .

Well, If I knew that's all it took to get to the front of the line, I would have been sucking up to you this whole time (possibly would have even sent a few gifts).

3 weeks later
#157 3 years ago

My friend didn't got the game from stern yet . . .

I'm your friend too, and I have my JP Prem all ready to cage a new T-Rex.

1 week later
#161 3 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the process.

#173 3 years ago

The evil twin is coming to visit soon.

T-rex (resized).jpgT-rex (resized).jpg
1 week later
#182 2 years ago

we are starting to ship today!
next week we will ship more and we will ship few each week.
im going to send payment link very soon for people that their package is packed and ready to ship. if you will not respond in 48 hours we will jump to the next one on the list. and we will wait for your respond on the next shipment
not need to send me message im sending messages by order of pre order and if you bought the JP signs you are the first to get the T-REX
if you didn't paid deposit because you bought the signs please contact me now.
Thanks

Can you start from the back of the alphabet, so I can be first?

#184 2 years ago

If your not first you're LAST!!!

Shake n' bake, brotha!

#186 2 years ago

Your not on fire.....lol.
Bring on the Trex .

Yet for some reason I keep rolling around on the pavement in just my underwear, but that's for another topic.

#189 2 years ago

you will wait longer

I knew I should have kept my mouth closed.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Honored to be the first recipient of Lior's newest work. And I'm happy to report, it does not disappoint. The detail is incredible. Brilliant work once again Lior. Can't wait to install tomorrow! Oh, forgot to include the mouse pad gift!
[quoted image]

Even comes with a certificate that's suitable for framing.

#196 2 years ago

Should be Leona since "all the animals in Jurassic Park are female".

#198 2 years ago

Well, mine will be named “Sarx” since she’s the ultimate meat eater (classical Greek word meaning “flesh”)

#212 2 years ago

Been keeping up here in US. I know political discussion is prohibited here on Pinside, so I will refrain and pray for your safety and a swift end to this conflict.

1 week later
#222 2 years ago

Next time you might just have to open the door to the T-Rex cage and let them sort things out.

#232 2 years ago

Let me know if Tim’s Video is subpar, and I’ll take up his slack. Seriously, assuming he knows how to speak English, Tim will do an excellent job.

BTW, you do realize this isn’t a music video, right Tim?

1 week later
#247 2 years ago

...we are waiting for the installation video from Tim

Slacker!

#251 2 years ago

Good luck caging mine and getting her sedated for the long boat ride across the Atlantic. Her habitat is fully stocked with live goat meat and ready to go!

#253 2 years ago

you will need to take this goat off. and also the tree on the left

There is actually more clearance that what the photo presents, but I'll make whatever adjustments are necessary.

#256 2 years ago

anybody know with what i need to feed them?!
i love them! and i like that each one is different! not like other of my creation that you need to make it 1 : 1 here we are free to paint as we want!
and because its made by hand and painted by hand each one have his own personality!
so how you are going to call yours?! mine is Lindsey...
packing them on Monday. and waiting for good video for installation. for now its looks like i will install it with each one of you in a video chat....
[quoted image]

Me | T-T-Rex?
Lior | Mm-hm.
Me | You said you've got a T-Rex?
Lior | Yes.
Me | Say again?
Lior | Actually, we have a herd of them!

#258 2 years ago

anybody know with what i need to feed them?!

T-rex doesn't want to be fed. She wants to hunt!

#265 2 years ago

All I can say on the topic is this is Lior's business. Among his other work he uses his skills and talents to produce first class pinball mods, which we all greatly appreciate. On the business side, he has a studio to pay for, a payroll, operations costs, taxes, etc., while also still making a reasonable profit. While his mods are typically at the higher end, this seems understandable to me given the time involved in designing and producing these quality hand-made pieces.

On the other hand I don't believe beelzeboob meant anything derogatory, but as he has stated probably didn't say things in the best way. While I won't speak for him, I would say that we are all excited to be the recipients of the fruits of your labor and for the time, effort, execution, and I'm sure stress of your T-Rex mod you do deserve to take a little time to relax and enjoy your accomplishment.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Didn't have to remove tower on my install. Super fast and easy!

Please post pics! Would love to see everyone's install as they happen.

#278 2 years ago

Hey Lior, do you provide tracking/shipping notifications, or should we just know that when we pay the T-Rex was shipped? If the latter, about how long does it usually take to arrive to US addresses?

#280 2 years ago

Lior will be back next Tuesday but they are all packed and ready to ship. We are waiting only for the installation video and when we will have it you will get a tracking number. DHL shipment takes 24-72 hours
Edit:
we are starting to ship Tracking numbers from today. But the item will be shipped only when we will get the instruction video.
you will get notification from DHL and from us here in the thread when DHL pick it up.
if you didn't paid yet and didn't sent us the details that we ask in the message until Thursday we will give your place for the next one on the list.
Right now we are waiting for respond from:
stuckey_t
jhoward1082
edwood40
r00dvm
cheeks

Awesome. Thanks for filling in, and thanks for the detailed update.

Did you read that Tim? The entire burden of pleasing the world's T-Rex buyers is on your shoulders now (no pressure)!

#281 2 years ago

If you didn't paid yet and didn't sent us the details that we ask in the message until Thursday we will give your place for the next one on the list.
Right now we are waiting for respond from:
stuckey_t
jhoward1082
edwood40
r00dvm
cheeks

Not my responsibility, but I PM'd each of these with a link to your post. I would hate for someone who reserved a T-Rex to miss out accidentally.

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Against my better judgement I bought one from Shop Of Games.

Not exactly sure of the intent of your statement, but if it had to do with the price of the mod I went through the same argument in my head. After communicating with a few others in the hobby and thinking through it, I went all-in and haven't regretted my decision once.

- Lior mods are hand made, well developed, high quality works of art
- These are truly limited edition mods and will never again be manufactured by Lior, and of course any attempt at reproduction will be seen as just that
- Lior's mods have an established history of maintaining and even increasing in value
- There will always be a demand for these, especially as more and more JP pins are produced but the T-Rex supply is fixed
- Once all are spoken for I have zero doubt there will always be some JP owner willing who regrets missing the boat and will be willing and able to purchase one available on the secondary market at any time for the next several years
- And most importantly, you may end up absolutely loving the pin and Lior's T-Rex mod, will be proud to have it and show it off to every pinball guest, and won't let it go until your survivors decide to liquidate your collection.

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yes, they look awesome but they are very expensive.

On the other hand, it's not a $2,200 24K gold plated Indiana Jones topper.

#309 2 years ago

Just received my text . . . eta is 6/25

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Is it PG rated?

Might be rated R, but only because of the bloody scene where the T-Rex decapitates and eats the goat.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I will abide by your wishes but I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to let someone use your video as a aid to maintaining their game.

Obviously if you are a buyer of the T-Rex you will be able to view the video and use it however you wish. On the other hand, while I don't speak for Lior, my assumption is that he does not want to assume any risk or liability (or even just complaints) from those that might utilize the video for other purposes when they do something wrong or damaging to their pins.

Additionally, many mod producers obfuscate their written/video instructions so that others don't use them to backwards engineer their products and sell them as competing items. Ultimately, resources will leak and get into the hands of those that truly desire them. However, why should the creators make it easy for them to do so?

#332 2 years ago

Listen to him. Smart guy

Thanks, but my wife may disagree with you.

On second thought, she sort of agrees with you as she thinks I'm a smart-@$$ guy.

#351 2 years ago

Looking forward to see all of these installs. Looks like mine is a day or two away still.

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

And she is finally installed!
Unfortunately, I had the 3/4" spacers. My hardware store didn't have 5/8" so I bought a 3/8" and two 1/8" to make it work. Had to make a second trip back to the hardware store as one of my C-Clips (securing the jaw) flew off in some direction as I applied some pressure to pull it off. I have no idea where it landed, probably embedded in the carpet somewhere only to be found by the vacuum cleaner at some point. I hate C-Clips! Oh well, I got it all fixed up. Seems to be testing okay so far.
The JJPOTC HMS Endeavor Ship mod was/is one of the best mods ever produced....until this. Lior is the king of all pinball mods.
[quoted image]

She looks ferocious!

#375 2 years ago

Received notice that mine in on the truck for delivery tonight. I plan on watching the video first, but when the time comes for install I'm wearing a blindfold and turning out the lights.

#382 2 years ago

#55 Sarx has arrived!

The unboxing . . .
IMG_6184 (resized).JPGIMG_6184 (resized).JPG
IMG_6185 (resized).JPGIMG_6185 (resized).JPG

All of the included swag . . .
IMG_6186 (resized).JPGIMG_6186 (resized).JPG

The ferocious beauty . . .
IMG_6188 (resized).JPGIMG_6188 (resized).JPG
IMG_6189 (resized).JPGIMG_6189 (resized).JPG

Now I'm off to release Sarx into her habitat.

#389 2 years ago

Thought I would offer a note about the spacers. I completed the installation and everything seemed great when I manually tested side-to-side movement, so I left the original white spacers in (mine are the longer version). Turned the pin on, and then heard gears grinding. Wasn't sure why since T-Rex had clearance in my manual testing then I realized it was when the head would raise and then swing side to side that it was hitting the plastic. I had some shorter black spacers in my stash, so I installed those, retested, and everything worked perfectly with plenty of clearance in all positions now.
IMG_6203 (resized).JPGIMG_6203 (resized).JPG
IMG_6204 (resized).JPGIMG_6204 (resized).JPG

Next, I thought I would show a comparison of Lior's T-Rex directly next to Stern's T-Rex. There is so much more depth, texture, and detail on Lior's version. I also like that it has more of a brown tint than green.
IMG_6190 (resized).JPGIMG_6190 (resized).JPG
IMG_6192 (resized).JPGIMG_6192 (resized).JPG
IMG_6193 (resized).JPGIMG_6193 (resized).JPG
IMG_6194 (resized).JPGIMG_6194 (resized).JPG
IMG_6195 (resized).JPGIMG_6195 (resized).JPG

#391 2 years ago

My install went well with zero glitches along the way other than having to change out the spacers. Kudo's to timlah79 for an excellent instructional video with easy to follow directions, great camera work, and overall nice production (not to mention I really appreciated the manicured finger nails).

She looks absolutely amazing! Thank you, Lior for your beautiful work! I was even able to install and fully operate without having to relocate or remove my trees and goat as there is plenty of clearance all the way around.

It's a jungle out there . . .
IMG_6197.JPGIMG_6197.JPG
IMG_6206.JPGIMG_6206.JPG
IMG_6205.JPGIMG_6205.JPG

Poetry in motion . . .
Sarx.gifSarx.gif

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Received mine as well. Haven’t had time to install but as a buyer of multiple lior mods, this is his best work to date. The detail on the trex is incredible. For me, this beats the hms mod easily. Good job

Watch the video ahead of time then give yourself about 30 minutes for the install and you’ll be golden.

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Sorry we figured hardly anyone else would have this issue therefore one of the last steps in the video just quickly says to go into the test modes.

No apologies necessary. The video clearly outlined the possibility, and I watched it in full before attempting the install. I didn't want to change the spacers out if I didn't have to which I why I completed the install and tested everything before swapping them.

#401 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Discount double check for recent T-Rex installers on clearance for the Mezel tower if you have one installed as well?

I don't have the mod (I have seen it installed closeup in friend's pin), but based upon my install there will not be any clearance issues whatsoever with Mezel tower.

Some of the photos you see here are from deceptive angles. There is actually a very large gap between tower and T-Rex. This is the Stern tower, but the Mezel tower doesn't take up very much extra space wise on the backside.

In general, I would say that Lior's T-Rex doesn't extend out any further than the OEM T-Rex, or if it does it's a few mm at most. I didn't actually measure, but here is a top down photo of the two side by side (models were not perfectly aligned as that wasn't my intent at the time).

#402 2 years ago

do not forget to tag us ON THE PHOTO!

Just posted (had to create an Instagram account to do it).

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I think he may be talking about the fence post.

Question was about "Mezel tower", but I'll speak to the fence posts. Again, while I don't have the Mezel fence posts, I do have a similar mod I made myself (see photos in my last post above). When the T-Rex swings fully to the left (it's right) it does hit the post and moves it maybe 2-3mm, but there is plenty of flex built into the post/mount/plastic that it doesn't negatively impact anything. Again, this is only when it swings to the extreme, which is not every time. Also, it doesn not make contact with the fence post on the right (it's left). You can see the clearances/contact in my video clip . . .
8d1169ae526772024a480303944357f9094439f4.gif8d1169ae526772024a480303944357f9094439f4.gif

#414 2 years ago

If I'm not mistaken you can mute videos if you don't like the accompanying audio, just sayin'.

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Yes, thought of this. But the eyes needs to be changed in my opinion and this would be an impossible job for me because i dont have the tools nor material to accomplish this and would be happy to pay extra to get it my way

Personally, I think it looks great "as is", but I do understand that some may desire customizations. The only thing I would remind everyone of is that you will be viewing the T-Rex for the most part head-on and from more than 3 ft / 1 m away so granular details will be lost visually from the player's perspective. Doesn't mean you still may not want certain details, but be aware you may be paying for something that in the end is barely noticeable, if at all depending upon how small the change is.

#450 2 years ago

There is a free upgrade that will be shared here soon. a little secret on the T-REX that i will share after i finish with this craziness of production.

Did somebody say "free"?

1 month later
#480 2 years ago

We are not working only on a raptor.
We are Working on raptor pen, raptor and tower that will sold as a set only.
will fit for all versions.

I'm sure you are aware that the screw position/layout on the raptor pin in the Pro is different than the Prem/LE? It can be accounted for in a single mod, but just need to take into account when designing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball?tu=Mr_Tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.