IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3841 (resized).jpeg
245519888_10220050181501531_7438717550169610737_n (resized).jpg
20230318142302 (resized).jpg
JP (resized).jpeg
IMG_0649 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3243 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J-Freeze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 3 years ago

I'm in too!

5 months later
#210 2 years ago

Stay safe man, pinball mods can wait.

1 month later
#350 2 years ago

Mine just got delivered! Gonna be a long day at work!

#371 2 years ago

Awesome package and extras!

Put mine in yesterday, I didn't watch the video but the install only took about 40 mins, probably 10 of which was trying to get the holes in the lower jaw to line up..
It wasn't a hard install at all.
I did have to print some smaller spacers for the plastic behind it.

It looks f'n awesome!!
Beautiful work Lior!

Only concern is how much the new rex makes contact with the left fence post.
Is that covered in the video?
It doesn't look like there is much you can do about it.

#373 2 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

I recommend everyone to ignore your post!
DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL IT WITHOUT WATCHING THE VIDEO!!!!
there is many steps that you MUST do in specific order and also there is few things you need to change and replace. I recommend you to take out all of what you did and install it with the video! Not need to line the screws if you was watching the video... we didn't made the video for fun....
Again DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL IT WITHOUT WATCHING THE VIDEO! THERE IS MANY THINGS THAT YOU CAN'T FIGURE WITHOUT THE VIDEO!!!!

Sorry not recommending anyone skips the video, I'll give it a watch later.

#379 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Received notice that mine in on the truck for delivery tonight. I plan on watching the video first, but when the time comes for install I'm wearing a blindfold and turning out the lights.

Know your weapon!

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

I recommend everyone to ignore your post!
DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL IT WITHOUT WATCHING THE VIDEO!!!!
there is many steps that you MUST do in specific order and also there is few things you need to change and replace. I recommend you to take out all of what you did and install it with the video! Not need to line the screws if you was watching the video... we didn't made the video for fun....
Again DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL IT WITHOUT WATCHING THE VIDEO! THERE IS MANY THINGS THAT YOU CAN'T FIGURE WITHOUT THE VIDEO!!!!

Ok I watched the video (kudos to Tim, it is a nice straight forward install video, very well done), he didn't do anything that I didn't do.

Again, I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THAT ANYONE SKIPS THE VIDEO but I definitely did not install it wrong, I'm pretty adept when it comes to servicing my machines.

The problem with the lower jaw was not anything I did wrong it was that the rear holes were off by a mm or two so I had to get the rear screws started but loose first and then fully seat the jaw and install the front screw, then tighten the rear 2.
There was no way that I would've been able to seat the jaw and then put all 3 screws in, the holes just simply did not line up.

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

That's interesting, I didn't have any issues with the jaw hole alignment but I think you're the 2nd person who has. My only issue is that when I first slid the jaw one and went to find the screw holes I realized I didn't actually have the mold and metal jaw "settled" correctly. I hadn't pressed the metal flat against the mold and I hadn't slid the mold down far enough either I imagine you assured you had, but it is important (like mention in the video) for the jaw inner mold cutout and metal jaw to be "flush" with one another. The mold should have the perfect sized "cutout" to where it feels obvious once you have it in correctly, feels like it "fits like a glove" per se. The way even the stock jaw attaches is simply not a great design IMO. Given that all you're working with are super tiny screws and just plain ol' holes in the jaw metal leaves lots of room for error. Just be careful at this near final step is all I can really say.

Yeah, I seated and re-seated it multiple times to make sure. The front of the jaw plate was as tight as it can get to the lip of the mold.
I checked and double checked but there was no way that all 3 holes could align at the same time, it was either the two rear at once or just the one front.
They weren't off by much but it was just enough that with the holes as deep set as they are there wasn't enough wiggle room to get the screws started.
It just took a little finessing to get it to go.
Its on and tested, it works as it should.
Belthazar is gobbling up pinballs properly.

This rex is dope.

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Loving people calling out names for her! My girlfriend named my stock one Elma. Bertha is on the menu for the new one but that's still a decision in the making. I suppose Sue is an obvious choice (watch your dino documentaries, people!) but your guys' names are far more clever.

Yeah Sue was too obvious for me, can't name them all Sue!

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I don't have the mod (I have seen it installed closeup in friend's pin), but based upon my install there will not be any clearance issues whatsoever with Mezel tower.
Some of the photos you see here are from deceptive angles. There is actually a very large gap between tower and T-Rex. This is the Stern tower, but the Mezel tower doesn't take up very much extra space wise on the backside.
[quoted image]
In general, I would say that Lior's T-Rex doesn't extend out any further than the OEM T-Rex, or if it does it's a few mm at most.
[quoted image]

I think he may be talking about the fence post.

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Never knew the differences with the green t-rex that shipped with early LE owners like myself vs. the brown they later created. Most noticeable changes (besides the entire color of course) are that the old one has white eyes, the new has yellow/orange and the old has no gums coloring but the new does. Undoubtedly, Lior's trumps them both a million times over, but figured I'd share this comparison photo of the stock heads.[quoted image]

What happened to that green Rex?! How did it get so scuffed up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J-Freeze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball?tu=J-Freeze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.