IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3841 (resized).jpeg
245519888_10220050181501531_7438717550169610737_n (resized).jpg
20230318142302 (resized).jpg
JP (resized).jpeg
IMG_0649 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3243 (resized).JPG
There are 699 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Discount double check for recent T-Rex installers on clearance for the Mezel tower if you have one installed as well?

I don't have the mod (I have seen it installed closeup in friend's pin), but based upon my install there will not be any clearance issues whatsoever with Mezel tower.

Some of the photos you see here are from deceptive angles. There is actually a very large gap between tower and T-Rex. This is the Stern tower, but the Mezel tower doesn't take up very much extra space wise on the backside.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

In general, I would say that Lior's T-Rex doesn't extend out any further than the OEM T-Rex, or if it does it's a few mm at most. I didn't actually measure, but here is a top down photo of the two side by side (models were not perfectly aligned as that wasn't my intent at the time).
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

do not forget to tag us ON THE PHOTO!

Just posted (had to create an Instagram account to do it).

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I don't have the mod (I have seen it installed closeup in friend's pin), but based upon my install there will not be any clearance issues whatsoever with Mezel tower.
Some of the photos you see here are from deceptive angles. There is actually a very large gap between tower and T-Rex. This is the Stern tower, but the Mezel tower doesn't take up very much extra space wise on the backside.
[quoted image]
In general, I would say that Lior's T-Rex doesn't extend out any further than the OEM T-Rex, or if it does it's a few mm at most.
[quoted image]

I think he may be talking about the fence post.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I think he may be talking about the fence post.

Question was about "Mezel tower", but I'll speak to the fence posts. Again, while I don't have the Mezel fence posts, I do have a similar mod I made myself (see photos in my last post above). When the T-Rex swings fully to the left (it's right) it does hit the post and moves it maybe 2-3mm, but there is plenty of flex built into the post/mount/plastic that it doesn't negatively impact anything. Again, this is only when it swings to the extreme, which is not every time. Also, it doesn not make contact with the fence post on the right (it's left). You can see the clearances/contact in my video clip . . .
8d1169ae526772024a480303944357f9094439f4.gif8d1169ae526772024a480303944357f9094439f4.gif

#405 2 years ago

Boom, got a text my baby is here 2 days early...WOOHHOO. Way to over deliver.....tytytyty

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Question was about "Mezel tower", but I'll speak to the fence posts. Again, while I don't have the Mezel fence posts, I do have a similar mod I made myself (see photos in my last post above). When the T-Rex swings fully to the left (it's right) it does hit the post and moves it maybe 2-3mm, but there is plenty of flex built into the post/mount/plastic that it doesn't negatively impact anything. Again, this is only when it swings to the extreme, which is not every time. Also, it doesn not make contact with the fence post on the right (it's left). You can see the clearances/contact in my video clip . . .
[quoted image]

Lookin Good.

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

My stock *and* the new t-rex head has always contacted the left post when thrashing, stock fence posts stern *or* with mezel mods (taped around the stock plastic -- other option is to remove the stock plastic but that seemed like a pain in the ass at the time). Always been this way in either scenario for my LE. I will say mine never hits the right side either and I am not aware of anyone else's whose does. That to me would be a concern. I've had the mezel mod posts installed for well over 1.5 years of owning the machine and nothing has broken (yet! . So while I don't like it, since I'm assuming over time that's stressing out the post assembly, not much can be done about that AFAIK.

#408 2 years ago

I streamed the new T-Rex yesterday. No issues whatsoever.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1065494374

Ron...

#409 2 years ago

Number 27 (Tyrant the T-Rex) has arrived in Canada!
Great install video... Will place her in her pen in the next few days....

IMG_20210623_210514 (resized).jpgIMG_20210623_210514 (resized).jpgIMG_20210623_210610 (resized).jpgIMG_20210623_210610 (resized).jpg
#410 2 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Number 27 (Tyrant the T-Rex) has arrived in Canada!
Great install video... Will place her in her pen in the next few days....
[quoted image][quoted image]

30 here

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

LOL, your mod is F ing awesome too. Honestly timlah79 i think would’ve sold my JPLE long ago if not for your mod. It totally puts the game on another level. I know you didn’t want me to, but I still voted you for a TWIPY. The game is now one of our favorites.

Thank you for the love! The reward for me is hearing how my work has made those who bought this incredible machine happier when playing. But I digress, this is about Lior's amazing mod, not mine.

Quoted from evh347:

I really appreciated the T-Rex install video. I was thinking at one point, how did he get such good shots of the stuff I practically had to be a contortionist to get to? I put several games on it tonight and have had no issues to report. Very wise to include it and grant access like you both did. I’m grateful for the coordination. That was my first time taking the T-Rex apart, the video was super helpful. I’d say it took me an hour if you subtract the trips to the hardware store and the usual distractions I endured from the time I opened the box.

Taking video at the angles I did was incredibly difficult. Thank you for recognizing that! I had to use an emulator for my camera, long USB'd to my laptop so I could even see what I was recording and control it externally. For recording the backbox, I used a small stepping stool placed in the back to prop the camera into just the right position.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

I streamed the new T-Rex yesterday. No issues whatsoever.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1065494374
Ron...

I enjoyed watching this until 20:25 where you said in regards to someone's question about the install video:

"The music though was intolerable! UGH! I had to mute it."

Intolerable?! It's a carefully crafted instrumental that leverages multiple assets from the JP movie (and my guess is you haven't even listened to the song it's from). You're entitled to your opinion, and if you didn't like it that's fine but that didn't even answer the question. You probably should have kept that opinion to yourself. Am I being oversensitive because it's my art? Likely, but that truly rubbed me the wrong way given the 100's of hours it took to make this so people like you could install the mod correctly. I feel that answer/comment was uncalled for and very disrespectful.

#413 2 years ago

He didn't like the music. Get over it.

#414 2 years ago

If I'm not mistaken you can mute videos if you don't like the accompanying audio, just sayin'.

#415 2 years ago

Anyone have #26 to trade, lol?

449CA86E-C93F-4B33-9E10-ADAFAFE4B18E (resized).jpeg449CA86E-C93F-4B33-9E10-ADAFAFE4B18E (resized).jpeg
#416 2 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

[quoted image]

Great idea.....I need 005. if you don't care Mr. 005 I will give you #030 and a steak...lol.

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

[quoted image]

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#418 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I enjoyed watching this until 20:25 where you said in regards to someone's question about the install video:
"The music though was intolerable! UGH! I had to mute it."
Intolerable?! It's a carefully crafted instrumental that leverages multiple assets from the JP movie (and my guess is you haven't even listened to the song it's from). You're entitled to your opinion, and if you didn't like it that's fine but that didn't even answer the question. You probably should have kept that opinion to yourself. Am I being oversensitive because it's my art? Likely, but that truly rubbed me the wrong way given the 100's of hours it took to make this so people like you could install the mod correctly. I feel that answer/comment was uncalled for and very disrespectful.

Great video!! Music was fine to me.....

#419 2 years ago

She looks fantastic….
I cut my spacers down to 5/8” as the thrashing test was getting caught on the left.
But now she’s perfect. Going to fire up my first game…

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#420 2 years ago

#58 all installed (Which worked perfectly since it my year of birth!!) Had to open the lower jaw screw holes up a little but no biggie...

And definingly need to home the boy before you play it... lol Looks awesome!!

TR (resized).jpgTR (resized).jpg
#421 2 years ago

Never knew the differences with the green t-rex that shipped with early LE owners like myself vs. the brown they later created. Most noticeable changes (besides the entire color of course) are that the old one has white eyes, the new has yellow/orange and the old has no gums coloring but the new does. Undoubtedly, Lior's trumps them both a million times over, but figured I'd share this comparison photo of the stock heads.

T-Rex Green and Brown Compare (resized).jpgT-Rex Green and Brown Compare (resized).jpg
#422 2 years ago

#15 installed and ready. She sure looks amazing. Sorry for the crappy picture but I already had put the glass back on and played a game , she's still catching the ball and thrashing around lol.

timlah79 great instructions the only thing I had to do different that I didn't notice in your video was I had to remove the e-clip and washer on both sides of the metal rod that holds the jaw otherwise I couldn't get the post to go through all the way the washer was hitting the new body. All is good and after spending 20 minutes trying to find the dropped e-clip I found it

I would say it took about an hour to install taking my time all the way. FWIW I really liked the music on the video

Thanks to all involved in this great mod

20210627_174704 (resized).jpg20210627_174704 (resized).jpg
#423 2 years ago

I got mine installed today , i didn’t see a card with my # but it wasn’t too bad to install and looks great!

4504A972-AFCD-438C-9A53-9FC246A5C6F5 (resized).jpeg4504A972-AFCD-438C-9A53-9FC246A5C6F5 (resized).jpegB43E0801-9FE9-4CB5-B94D-BF5ADF63AABD (resized).jpegB43E0801-9FE9-4CB5-B94D-BF5ADF63AABD (resized).jpegCB81EE80-9477-471B-815B-9CA2937FB80C (resized).jpegCB81EE80-9477-471B-815B-9CA2937FB80C (resized).jpegD26B2429-B79F-4EFB-A760-57113A46EEEC (resized).jpegD26B2429-B79F-4EFB-A760-57113A46EEEC (resized).jpeg
#424 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

#15 installed and ready. She sure looks amazing. Sorry for the crappy picture but I already had put the glass back on and played a game , she's still catching the ball and thrashing around lol.
timlah79 great instructions the only thing I had to do different that I didn't notice in your video was I had to remove the e-clip and washer on both sides of the metal rod that holds the jaw otherwise I couldn't get the post to go through all the way the washer was hitting the new body. All is good and after spending 20 minutes trying to find the dropped e-clip I found it
I would say it took about an hour to install taking my time all the way. FWIW I really liked the music on the video
[quoted image]

Had the same problem today with the rod.... put the washer in before you install the rod... slipped right in..just have to hold it...

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I see what you're saying with the rod vs. body. What you can do is loosen the two body screws temporarily. This will allow you to slightly slide the head back and forth to give you a better angle on the rod and the e-clip. Then re-position the body screws and tighten. Also LOL about the tiny e-clip. My game room where I was doing all of this has shaggy black carpet. I think I spent about 30 min during one loss of the clip sifting through the shag to find it. Only after losing it multiple times did I realize, duh the living room has flat, beige carpet. Do this part there!

Quoted from Red_Devils:

[quoted image]

Thank you for the kind words about the video and instrumental! Here's the full song with lyrics if anyone wants to listen.
Jurassick Dark: https://soundcloud.com/tim-stiles/jurassick-dark-master-v3-w-cuts-by-qreepz

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Never knew the differences with the green t-rex that shipped with early LE owners like myself vs. the brown they later created. Most noticeable changes (besides the entire color of course) are that the old one has white eyes, the new has yellow/orange and the old has no gums coloring but the new does. Undoubtedly, Lior's trumps them both a million times over, but figured I'd share this comparison photo of the stock heads.[quoted image]

Hey Tim - is the shape/size of the lower jaw (particularly the back of the jaw) any different between the 2 variants? I have the green version and have noticed (along with others on the JP thread) that the back of the jaw comes into contact with the ramp when T-Rex opens her mouth which results in her head moving slightly left. I'm just wondering whether Stern slightly modified the shape in going to the new version.

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Never knew the differences with the green t-rex that shipped with early LE owners like myself vs. the brown they later created. Most noticeable changes (besides the entire color of course) are that the old one has white eyes, the new has yellow/orange and the old has no gums coloring but the new does. Undoubtedly, Lior's trumps them both a million times over, but figured I'd share this comparison photo of the stock heads.[quoted image]

What happened to that green Rex?! How did it get so scuffed up?

#428 2 years ago

Going to post this here as well as the Prem/LE thread...

Ok some odd behavior post TRex upgrade install...

Vertical and horitonztl tests look fine.

During a couple of games I have had the "Feed Trex" signal...but TRex is all the way to the right..... if I shoot the ramp and I get Multiball etc. And I have feed him successfully the ball a couple of times...

Also noticed him open jaws a few times while all the way to the right and contact the ramp....???? Did I mess something up...?

#429 2 years ago

Forgot to say thanks to timlah79 for the install video.
Was perfect and easy to follow.
You once again helped make this game better!
(if only you could make me PLAY better....)

Thanks again.

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

What happened to that green Rex?! How did it get so scuffed up?

J-Freeze If you mean the scuff on the right side of the jaw, also pictured below, that's because my green one has to graze the ramp in that area before it can settle to the ramp. If you mean the orange-ish lines on the main head piece, that's literally the stock art/paint, not scuffs. If you meant a different scuff, it's probably because I've taken it on and off so many times. Also I've had it for almost 2 years now so I'm sure there's general wear and tear.

Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Tim - is the shape/size of the lower jaw (particularly the back of the jaw) any different between the 2 variants? I have the green version and have noticed (along with others on the JP thread) that the back of the jaw comes into contact with the ramp when T-Rex opens her mouth which results in her head moving slightly left. I'm just wondering whether Stern slightly modified the shape in going to the new version.

Manny65 As I mentioned above my stock green t-rex has always done the same thing when it comes to contacting the ramp. This is somewhat "normal" AFAIK. Good call about jaw mold differences. I just removed the new jaw and took a couple photos. Difficult to see, but yes you are right. In fact the jaw molds are slightly different. The new brown one is definitely wider at least when it comes to its inner cut out. I haven't broken out a mini ruler yet and checked the screw holes in both the mold and metal (I'm not taking my new one off again to measure it's older, metal jaw) but this could be the reason why some people are having difficulty attaching the new mod's jaw. I'd like to think that the holes in both the mold and the metal have stayed in the same place but I'm not too sure. I believe Lior's was modeled after the newer brown mold but he can speak to that.
JP Trex Jaw Underside Comparison (resized).jpgJP Trex Jaw Underside Comparison (resized).jpg
JP Trex Jaw Inside Comparison (resized).jpgJP Trex Jaw Inside Comparison (resized).jpg

#431 2 years ago

I’m sorry to ask this- can someone send me the link or show me which #post that Tim’s install video is on.
I suck at finding stuff buried on pinside.
Much appreciated !!

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmollan:

I’m sorry to ask this- can someone send me the link or show me which #post that Tim’s install video is on.
Much appreciated !!

It’s not accessible by the general public. The only folks who have access to it are the buyers.

#433 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmollan:

Much appreciated !!

its inside your package. if no send me pm and i will share it with you

#434 2 years ago

Liorex looks fantastic and works great!

The install wasn't bad, but I had the same problems with the installation as others (1. jaw holes misaligned, 2. jaw holes not countersunk deeply enough to expose any screw threads, and 3. the ¾" plastic spacers needed to be reduced to ⅝"), so thanks to everyone who had already figured out those solutions for us!

I'm baffled at how Tim got some of those camera angles, so huge kudos for the install video!

Also Kudos to Stern for good design on things like connectors and modularity - this could have been way harder!

IMG_2468 (resized).jpgIMG_2468 (resized).jpg
#435 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Liorex looks fantastic and works great!
The install wasn't bad, but I had the same problems with the installation as others (1. jaw holes misaligned, 2. jaw holes not countersunk deeply enough to expose any screw threads, and 3. the ¾" plastic spacers needed to be reduced to ⅝"), so thanks to everyone who had already figured out those solutions for us!
I'm baffled at how Tim got some of those camera angles, so huge kudos for the install video!
Also Kudos to Stern for good design on things like connectors and modularity - this could have been way harder!
[quoted image]

Thank you very much!
we solved all of these issues for the next batch (distributors) we fixed the screw holes on the new mold we made and now its fit perfect for the early version green T-REX and also to the new one (brown).
we will ship more very soon and in August we will ship to distributors

Enjoy

#436 2 years ago

Thank you very much!
we solved all of these issues for the next batch (distributors) we fixed the screw holes on the new mold we made and now its fit perfect for the early version green T-REX and also to the new one (brown).
we will ship more very soon and in August we will ship to distributors
Enjoy

Awesome. Just so that I can set my expectation, if I ordered a couple of weeks ago from Little Shop of Games, those will go to them in August?

Thanks,

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Awesome. Just so that I can set my expectation, if I ordered a couple of weeks ago from Little Shop of Games, those will go to them in August?
Thanks,

No. couple weeks ago you will get around September - October
there is many orders before you.

#438 2 years ago

Are there customization options? Would be so nice with some blood and small eyelid correction like:
66425435-E5EF-46EA-B36E-91FE16BE6B41 (resized).jpeg66425435-E5EF-46EA-B36E-91FE16BE6B41 (resized).jpeg

#439 2 years ago

liorillusion huh? Why the downvote?

Sorry, but your t-rex doenst look smart / bad-ass to me and just asking if customizing is possible.

Well, downvote this post if i’m right

#440 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

liorillusion huh? Why the downvote?
Sorry, but your t-rex doenst look smart / bad-ass to me and just asking if customizing is possible.
Well, downvote this post if i’m right

Munsters
im from my phone and if you got downvote it was by mistake. i will remove it
but i see your comments in the forum and also in my threads and i know when someone is serious and when someone just trying to be a troll.
its ok you don't like it i also doesn't like many things and thats why im making my own stuff
and if im checking your history in pinside its looks like many people downvote you on other posts so maybe im right or maybe im wrong

BTW if you want anything custom you are always welcome to send to me or to my team a email and we will take care of that.

#441 2 years ago

im from my phone and if you got downvote it was by mistake. i will remove it
but i see your comments in the forum and also in my threads and i know when someone is serious and when someone just trying to be a troll.
its ok you don't like it i also doesn't like many things and thats why im making my own stuff
and if im checking your history in pinside its looks like many people downvote you on other posts so maybe im right

Ah, mistake, no problem. But your last sentence is nonsense. Only downvotes in an sales advertisement about LE prices. Also have some keyposts aswell.

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Ah, mistake, no problem. But your last sentence is nonsense. Only downvotes in an sales advertisement about LE prices. Also have some keyposts aswell.

we need to respect everyone in this hobby also if we don't like what he say and to make this hobby more fun and lovely
we are good people

#443 2 years ago

and now. Production update....
we just finish to paint and clear coat all orders that was made direct with me.
i will start to pack them in Monday and they will be shipped next Friday.
i will start to send PM around the weekend and they will be shipped sooner from what i expect.

Next batch is distributors around August. and we will finish to ship all orders until October.

Thank you

#444 2 years ago

we need to respect everyone in this hobby also if we don't like what he say and to make this hobby more fun and lovely
we are good people

True! We all love pinball and mods are the finishing touch! Keep up the great work and we speak again.

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Are there customization options? Would be so nice with some blood and small eyelid correction like:
[quoted image]

You could easily had some blood with a paint brush....?

https://www.amazon.com/Vallejo-Fresh-Blood-Special-Effect/dp/B00QD77WPU/ref=sr_1_47

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

amazon.com link »

There is a free upgrade that will be shared here soon. a little secret on the T-REX that i will share after i finish with this craziness of production.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

amazon.com link »

Yes, thought of this. But the eyes needs to be changed in my opinion and this would be an impossible job for me because i dont have the tools nor material to accomplish this and would be happy to pay extra to get it my way

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Yes, thought of this. But the eyes needs to be changed in my opinion and this would be an impossible job for me because i dont have the tools nor material to accomplish this and would be happy to pay extra to get it my way

Personally, I think it looks great "as is", but I do understand that some may desire customizations. The only thing I would remind everyone of is that you will be viewing the T-Rex for the most part head-on and from more than 3 ft / 1 m away so granular details will be lost visually from the player's perspective. Doesn't mean you still may not want certain details, but be aware you may be paying for something that in the end is barely noticeable, if at all depending upon how small the change is.

#449 2 years ago

There is a free upgrade that will be shared here soon. a little secret on the T-REX that i will share after i finish with this craziness of production.

Very cool!! I read somewhere there may be a raptor upgrade in works..?

#450 2 years ago

Did somebody say "free"?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 699 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/9?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.