IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3841 (resized).jpeg
245519888_10220050181501531_7438717550169610737_n (resized).jpg
20230318142302 (resized).jpg
JP (resized).jpeg
IMG_0649 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3243 (resized).JPG
There are 699 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
#551 1 year ago

Is there a way to limit the left movement? Mine is hitting the electric fence hard.

Can someone tell me the adjustment to move head more down to the ramp, for better ball catches ?

Thank you

#552 1 year ago

When is the raptor mod coming out? This game needs it!

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Is there a way to limit the left movement? Mine is hitting the electric fence hard.
Can someone tell me the adjustment to move head more down to the ramp, for better ball catches ?
Thank you

on my game its -3 for the left side. its on the game setting.

Quoted from delt31:

When is the raptor mod coming out? This game needs it!

we are just back from 2 months off. we are posting now new creations almost every day.

the raptor going to be the whole left side of the game. from the slings to the electric fence. complete upgrade that will be sold as a set only.
we need some more time to figure how to cast all of it. we will find solution soon
its super complicated with motors and electronic

we are doing the same thing for iron maiden and we will post them maybe together.
here is the link for the iron maiden thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

the raptor going to be the whole left side of the game. from the slings to the electric fence. complete upgrade that will be sold as a set only.
we need some more time to figure how to cast all of it. we will find solution soon

This is going to be AWESOME! Can't wait

#555 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

As far as I can tell, everything is set to factory. I ran through the adjustments menu to check. Just got the game yesterday so I wouldn’t imagine anything would be far off. Even tried running the test with the plate behind it removed (the one that needed the spacers). Still the same issue. It will sometimes move side by side ok but then gets stuck with that grinding noise. I can’t think of what it might be. I was wondering if the side to side motion was set too high for some reason since it seems it goes to one side and is trying to go farther. I’m not sure where that setting is to adjust or if it exists. The pieces are all on right but is there some kind of recentering that needs to be done before testing? If it is to the side and I start the test it gets immediately stuck. I’ll mess around with it more tonight and message if I still can’t figure it out.

I’m having the exact same issue. How did you solve?

#556 1 year ago

on my game its -3 for the left side. its on the game setting.

we are just back from 2 months off. we are posting now new creations almost every day.
we are doing the same thing for iron maiden and we will post them maybe together.
here is the link for the iron maiden thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball

Guess I should start saving now.....

#557 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Guess I should start saving now.....

I think my plan may work......

6it8u9 (resized).jpg6it8u9 (resized).jpg
#558 1 year ago

My T Rex lost 2 teeth under 10 plays. Is that normal ? Wonder if spare teeth have to include in the package. Didn’t get any spare teeth.

Hopefully I will not have a toothless trex soon.

#559 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

My T Rex lost 2 teeth under 10 plays. Is that normal ? Wonder if spare teeth have to include in the package. Didn’t get any spare teeth.
Hopefully I will not have a toothless trex soon.

No its not normal. just send us email and you will get new one for free

#560 1 year ago

I so want this Raptor mod you speak of

1 month later
#561 1 year ago

No Raptor tease yet?

3 weeks later
#562 1 year ago

No its not normal. just send us email and you will get new one for free

Still didn’t get any

#563 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Still didn’t get any

we will ship them when we will have shipment to our distributor in germany.
we also wrote in private messages

#564 1 year ago

we will ship them when we will have shipment to our distributor in germany.
we also wrote in private messages

Yeah but a timeframe would be great.

1 month later
#565 1 year ago

Upon cleaning my game last night, I noticed debris around the T-Rex and found two of the teeth had broken off. Around 80 plays since installation.

1 month later
#566 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I had the same problem with the lower jaw remaining a quarter inch too high. The jaw would just not get low enough.
I read every possible solution, but no previous suggestion would work. The Stern service bulletin didn't help as I could not raise the top bracket any higher, nor move the lower vertical bracket any lower. I had no leeway to adjust it.
My problem was the head was too wide, so it would hit the side edges of the ramp preventing it from getting lower.
I finally got the jaw to reach the ramp by heating the Dino head and pushing in the two "wide" spots at each side while it was warm and malleable.
It became slim enough to fit within the ramp edges so it could now get low enough to allow the lower jaw to reach the bottom of the ramp surface when open.
Just wanted to share yet another method if it helps anyone who has tried everything else.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did anyone fix this issue any other way? I have this issue and can’t imagine how it isn’t true of all. However I bought my JP with the mod already installed and they didn’t include any of the instructions, so maybe mine is improperly installed? I read somewhere that the lower jaw risks not being snapped in ‘deeply enough’ or something during install?

I messed around with both top and bottom plates and can’t get jaw to touch ramp because of the jaw width hitting the ramp edges.

One of the teeth is broken too, but fortunately it is pretty hidden.

#567 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Did anyone fix this issue any other way? I have this issue and can’t imagine how it isn’t true of all. However I bought my JP with the mod already installed and they didn’t include any of the instructions, so maybe mine is improperly installed? I read somewhere that the lower jaw risks not being snapped in ‘deeply enough’ or something during install?
I messed around with both top and bottom plates and can’t get jaw to touch ramp because of the jaw width hitting the ramp edges.

Please check if they changed any settings of the trex adjustment. Also check if they changed the spacer. Send me email please with a video

#568 1 year ago

Please check if they changed any settings of the trex adjustment. Also check if they changed the spacer. Send me email please with a video

Just sent a message, thanks!

#569 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Just sent a message, thanks!
For all, if anyone can privately message me a link to the installation video, I'd be grateful; perhaps I can figure this out myself. Mine didn't come with the manual or anything (when I bought my JP w/it)

I'd also appreciate an install video. I have a JP prem on loan and the lower jaw came off and slid down the playfield.

I didn't see any screws, but they could have fallen into a crack.

#570 1 year ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I'd also appreciate an install video. I have a JP prem on loan and the lower jaw came off and slid down the playfield.
I didn't see any screws, but they could have fallen into a crack.

3 small black screws attach the lower plastic jaw to the assembly....

#571 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Follow up on my case, I fiddled further and have decent success rates again.

For the record, the front of the bottom jaw does not touch the ramp no matter how much I try, but having a small gap (1mm?) seems to be functional. Also, the mandibles of the jaw touch the ramp sides when in lowest position, blocking any lower movement. That said, I just had 4 straight catches and one miss, and am going to call it good for now.

I restored settings to default, then set middle bias to -5 (for my particular machine), which sets the trex looking straight at the front of machine, not necessarily perfectly middle with the ramp, and vertically I feel I was sort of in the middle of the range. (Any lower is blocked by the ramp sides/mandible). I’m still curious if anyone’s jaw tip actually touches the ramp and/or if other mandibles (wide part of jaw) are somehow NOT touching the ramp sides when lowered.

#572 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

For the record, the front of the bottom jaw does not touch the ramp no matter how much I try, but having a small gap (1mm?) seems to be functional. Also, the mandibles of the jaw touch the ramp sides when in lowest position, blocking any lower movement. That said, I just had 4 straight catches and one miss, and am going to call it good for now.
I restored settings to default, then set middle bias to -5 (for my particular machine), which sets the trex looking straight at the front of machine, not necessarily perfectly middle with the ramp, and vertically I feel I was sort of in the middle of the range. (Any lower is blocked by the ramp sides/mandible). I’m still curious if anyone’s jaw tip actually touches the ramp and/or if other mandibles (wide part of jaw) are somehow NOT touching the ramp sides when lowered.

Glad you find a way to fix it.
yes all of those are normal. it not need to touch the ramp. there is some clearance
on my game with my T-REX or without. it not always getting the ball in.
on my game its -3

i hope next month we can reveal our new creation and not the last for JP!

#573 1 year ago

Hello guys. It's my Birthday week!
We want to celebrate with our customers and to give a 10% - 30% on most of our stock items
we won't do any more discounts or any other cyber Monday or black Friday deals, JUST THIS ONE!
Limited to first 50 orders till November 26TH
https://littleshopofgames.com/product-category/the-art-of-pinball/black-friday-deals/

Black Friday 2022 (resized).jpgBlack Friday 2022 (resized).jpg

#574 1 year ago

Happy Birthday!! Can I get a raincheck for when your next JP mod comes out hahaha

#575 1 year ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Happy Birthday!! Can I get a raincheck for when your next JP mod comes out hahaha

Waiting to see the raptor mod.... I have all the others..

#576 1 year ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Thank you. I hope next month!

#577 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Shoot I think I spoke too soon, I’m only capturing around 30-50% of clean shots. Anyone else have any tips? Does anyone actually get the lower jaw to touch the ramp?.

#578 1 year ago

473 in house and throwing pinballs everywhere. Definitely a work of art what an amazing upgrade. The longest part of the process was going to Ace hardware to purchase a new e clip. That thing shot off like a rocket good thing it didn't hit me in the eye you might want to wear some safety glasses during that step. Also holding up the playfield with a couple of cheap harbor freight clamps makes it so much easier.

PXL_20221125_155540177 (resized).jpgPXL_20221125_155540177 (resized).jpg
#579 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Shoot I think I spoke too soon, I’m only capturing around 30-50% of clean shots. Anyone else have any tips? Does anyone actually get the lower jaw to touch the ramp?.

I've played a few premiums and have never seen a 100 percent catch ratio. I've noticed it catches better hitting the left side of the ramp. It's hard to get a photo but mine is touching. You need to make sure it is dialed in before you swap.

PXL_20221125_200157825 (resized).jpgPXL_20221125_200157825 (resized).jpg
#580 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

I've played a few premiums and have never seen a 100 percent catch ratio. I've noticed it catches better hitting the left side of the ramp. It's hard to get a photo but mine is touching. You need to make sure it is dialed in before you swap.[quoted image]

Make sure the back of the lower jaw is not touching the ramp. Mine was and in vertical test mode with T. rex all the way down hit the start button to open the jaw. Then hit it again and see if it closes cleanly.

Mine was not closing because the back of the lower jaw was resting on the ramp.
If it is see pic on how to adjust it.

60A3FA24-D1FA-41DE-ACB6-2EF2226C8765 (resized).jpeg60A3FA24-D1FA-41DE-ACB6-2EF2226C8765 (resized).jpeg
#581 1 year ago

So, I have been reading through this thread. New owner of a premium with the trex head already installed. Trex catches maybe 1-2/10 balls. Can i get a copy if the install manual sent to me and any other instructions on how to adjust the head? Sounds like this is a fairly common issue. Love my game. Love the trex. Will likely get raptor mod when revealed. Thanks!

#582 1 year ago

Can’t want to see that raptor mod. So beds

#583 1 year ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

So, I have been reading through this thread. New owner of a premium with the trex head already installed. Trex catches maybe 1-2/10 balls. Can i get a copy if the install manual sent to me and any other instructions on how to adjust the head? Sounds like this is a fairly common issue. Love my game. Love the trex. Will likely get raptor mod when revealed. Thanks!

I'm having trouble posting the url but if you go to Marco pinball and search for Jurassic Park click on the t Rex assembly it has a section for adjustments. Make sure that the mouth opens and closes when the head is at it's lowest vertical point. There is also a opto receiver, coil, and magnet core that needs to be functioning properly.

#584 1 year ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

See pic and my post on what to check. It’s most likely the vertical needs adjusted. You don’t need the url. You loosen the 4 screws and push the bracket down, hold it and tighten the screws.

791F02FC-40A7-4DD5-99E4-2965D3A4E15B (resized).jpeg791F02FC-40A7-4DD5-99E4-2965D3A4E15B (resized).jpeg
#585 1 year ago

Umm it doesn't hurt to know how to make adjustments on this mech

#586 1 year ago

One thing would help me is if someone could take a close-up, playfield-level picture of the open jaw. I’m trying to figure out how much of a gap is still functional, as no vertical adjustments lets me close enough to touch, due to the rear of the lower jaw hitting the sides of the ramp. It feels like the melt-the-jaw-with-heat is the only solution, but I have to suppose not many others are doing this but still having decent success.

I bought my JP with the head already installed and the original one wasn’t included, so I don’t know how well it worked prior to the new head.

Still such a phenomenal piece of work, I really love it despite my low catch rate.

#587 1 year ago

I had issues with mine on install.... would not line up with ramp...would hit the rail etc. I tried adjustments etc. I finally reinstalled the original and set adjustments to defaults...and have had no issues.. Want to try agan... but like playing now....

#588 1 year ago

Mine is touching and opens and closes no problem. I would think that trying to heat the ramp would be the way to go to get the head to fit. There's a hole in his tongue for the opto are you sure the opto is reading the ball entering the mouth correctly. That fires a magnet that holds the ball. It probably wouldn't hurt to take the mech apart to make sure it was modded right.

PXL_20221127_235832247 (resized).jpgPXL_20221127_235832247 (resized).jpgPXL_20221127_235954211 (resized).jpgPXL_20221127_235954211 (resized).jpg
#589 1 year ago

Something else I noticed on mine I have it a little biased to the right because when it comes to the end of the downward vertical movement it shifts to left about a quarter of an inch. Something you might want to check for. This is such a sweet mod it's worth the extra effort.

#590 1 year ago

I bought a TRex mod secondhand and it didn’t come with instructions. Could someone PM me the steps or video please? I’d prefer not to F up this $400 sculpt. Thx in advance

80A6A9B0-827A-4A93-8C3A-8160B184D7D9 (resized).jpeg80A6A9B0-827A-4A93-8C3A-8160B184D7D9 (resized).jpegE3CAD0DB-3CFB-4AB8-8807-E0CB144D796E (resized).jpegE3CAD0DB-3CFB-4AB8-8807-E0CB144D796E (resized).jpeg

#591 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I bought a TRex mod secondhand and it didn’t come with instructions. Could someone PM me the steps or video please? I’d prefer not to F up this $400 sculpt. Thx in advance
[quoted image][quoted image]

You should have a QR code in the package to download/view the video instructions

#592 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

You should have a QR code in the package to download/view the video instructions

I dug around the box and found the QR code. I'm good to go, thanks.

2 weeks later
#593 1 year ago

Is Christmas coming early?

#594 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I dug around the box and found the QR code. I'm good to go, thanks.

This TRex is a massive improvement

#595 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This TRex is a massive improvement

No doubt brother, one of the top mods of all time for sure! My wife loves hitting the ball into the T-Rex now

#596 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

No doubt brother, one of the top mods of all time for sure! My wife loves hitting the ball into the T-Rex now

congrats on the getting married....happy to hear it... next its kids and selling pinball games

#597 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

congrats on the getting married....happy to hear it... next its kids and selling pinball games

Thanks, the wedding was amazing. No kids for us, only more pins Planning to add Kiss LE, Zeppelin LE and Black Knight LE next. Just got done playing some Alien LV. Just love that game!

#598 1 year ago

Hello guys! Thank you for the support, and I am glad you like it!
As I promised, there is a complete upgrade for the whole left side of the game and the backboard.
We have been working on it for a really long time. It is over 20 pieces that I sculpt. That's because there are so many details on each part, and it will take time to complete it...
It will be worth the wait! the GNR topper takes me over 2 years and I promise this project is one of a kind and upgrades the whole game!

But surprise!
We also made a new creation for JP, and I will post it soon! we have a lot of new products for many games that we will start to post next week so stay tuned!

#599 1 year ago

Just need that raptor mod!!

#600 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just need that raptor mod!!

it will be part of the whole kit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 16.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 699 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/12?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.