“Stern Jurassic Park pro vs. premium”

• Pro 46 votes
    22%
  • Premium 123 votes
    59%
  • LE 41 votes
    20%

(210 votes)

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 months ago

I am trying weigh the pros and cons of each model as I am unsure of which one to buy. Initial thoughts?

#2 4 months ago

Both look fun but the premium looks like the way to go on this one ... at least imo...

#3 4 months ago

I put a deposit on a premium. I've purchased 6 NIB pros before and never thought a premium was worth it until now.

#4 4 months ago

Pro: No animatronics in the TRex, no spinning copter blades, no motorized bank in the dino pen and one other thing I forgot.

#5 4 months ago

I think that for home use, premium is the way to go, for route, id say the pro is the best option.

#6 4 months ago

With many games there is perfectly good justification to go with the Pro. Best value, better flow, better visibility, less complicated mechs so you spend more time playing and less time tweaking. This isn't one of those games. Pre/LE all the way.

#7 4 months ago

+1

#8 4 months ago

Home use premium

On route pro

Premium upgrades are definitely worth it.

#9 4 months ago

Premium for home
Pro for route

#10 4 months ago

This could be Stern's best in some time. To think they're the same company to release black knight and munsters.... Nice turn around

#11 4 months ago

Premium on route, come on locations dont be cheap, this is an amazing pin

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Premium on route, come on locations dont be cheap, this is an amazing pin

its not about being cheap, its about maintenance for now. when they have balls get stuck on the dino on the stream, you expect that to happen on location, which means down time. Now if you have a location with a tech on hand, sure, then go premium. But if you just have bar staff that dont have access to the pin keys, go the Pro

#13 4 months ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

its not about being cheap, its about maintenance for now. when they have balls get stuck on the dino on the stream, you expect that to happen on location, which means down time. Now if you have a location with a tech on hand, sure, then go premium. But if you just have bar staff that dont have access to the pin keys, go the Pro

I tried to ask a question about this but I was not stating it properly during the stream. If the dino ramp is continuous (thru the backboard) for the premium, the operator could just disable the premium dino in an up position. It's not a lock feature so that would not affect play at all and it would play like the Pro for that feature.

#14 4 months ago

I stick to what I do. A bunch of pros and sprinkle in some LE's.

"Spare no expense."

#15 4 months ago

Going LE on this one. Will be my first Stern LE, but I think it looks great. I’m also a fan of the speaker LED rings with 5.25” speakers. I added rings on my premiums, but wish I would’ve just spent the extra on LE’s. Some don’t see the value, but I think it’s there on this one. Would be better if they came with toppers though...

#16 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

To think they're the same company to release black knight and munsters

Shame on you Delt. Man I wish u could find the joy of BK3 I guess I have to realize how much the God of War style animations and thrash metal soundtrack play into for me if it was themed lets say TMNT I'd probably feel the same. I'm in on a Pro. Game looks great.

#17 4 months ago

Pro always for me.

#18 4 months ago

Yea Im in on a pro, like the prem art, but up here in canada its about a 2500 difference after tax so pro looks great!

#19 4 months ago

Premium....

In 4 months when they're 6800

#20 4 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Shame on you Delt. Man I wish u could find the joy of BK3 I guess I have to realize how much the God of War style animations and thrash metal soundtrack play into for me if it was themed lets say TMNT I'd probably feel the same. I'm in on a Pro. Game looks great.

Tmnt would be sick. It's really that barren complete sleeper of a pf that kills me on that game. Could be one of there worst ever especially the pro.

I actually like the animations and music.

#21 4 months ago

Only reason I could see getting the pro at home would be if cost was an issue. Either way you will have a fun loaded game

#22 4 months ago

They didn’t use the trex ball grab all that often at all and it had an issue, the raptor lock was cool, but man does the pro flow, the Copter spinner is whatever. Amber pop caps are a mod later on.

Before the stream, I was premium, after the stream, the pro seems great for the savings.

#23 4 months ago

Premium/LE on this one.

Aside from the cabinet/play field art, I really like almost everything else.

#24 4 months ago

I'd probably go pro if I buy. The dino mech is cool, but it doesn't get used all that often, and breaks the flow of the game up. I am actually more torn on not getting the ball lock on the cage in the left-middle of the PF. You can't go wrong with either one, really...this game is going to kill it sales-wise for Stern.

#25 4 months ago

I prefer the artwork on the LE vs Premium. I don't like the separate scenes on the Premium as much... Somewhat less cohesive.

#26 4 months ago

Surprised less pro love in the poll given the price point.
Looks like a winner all around.

#27 4 months ago

If you have the extra cash to spend get the premium. If you want to save some cash for whatever reason get the pro.

#28 4 months ago

I am usually a pro guy, but the added mechs on the premium on this one are so cool, I feel I would really miss them if I went pro, so I will go premium. That being said, the pro looks awesome as well and is a lot of bang for the buck.

#29 4 months ago

I'll have to play both to decide but I'm leaning Pro just based on price point. The Pro (much like Maiden) doesn't have much for toys.-really just the jeep. But it makes up for it with all of the ramps and flipper shots and the innovative rule-set. I think i can live without the moving TRex (even though it is cool!) but I'll have to see how much of a difference the Raptor pit is between the two versions before deciding.

#30 4 months ago

Looking forward to trying both at Replayfx. I am leaning towards the pro but playing both will definitely help me make the decision on which to get.

#31 4 months ago

Premium extras are very cool on this one, unlike groot arms, but I’m concerned the T Rex is too complex to not malfunction on location. I’m thinking Pro for location and prem/le for home.

#32 4 months ago

I think the biggest miss on the pro would be the raptor pen and up/down target. I'm trying to see on the stream...is the code the same for pro/premium on the raptor pit? On the premium there is a gate % integrity countdown to unlock the gate. I think that's the only difference?

#33 4 months ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I think the biggest miss on the pro would be the raptor pen and up/down target. I'm trying to see on the stream...is the code the same for pro/premium on the raptor pit? On the premium there is a gate % integrity countdown to unlock the gate. I think that's the only difference?

The pro functions the same the ball goes into the left lane and there is a post to lock it rather than the raptor gate, one of my main concerns as well.

I think the main gameplay difference is if you need the trex to eat the ball.

#34 4 months ago
Quoted from libtech:

The pro functions the same the ball goes into the left lane and there is a post to lock it rather than the raptor gate, one of my main concerns as well.

Well I'm impatient and have vacation mid-August, in time for Pro! Put my order in. If it's a top 10 will upgrade to Premium or LE, always great HUO out there.

#35 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Tmnt would be sick. It's really that barren complete sleeper of a pf that kills me on that game. Could be one of there worst ever especially the pro.
I actually like the animations and music.

played one yesterday, exact thoughts on this game.

#36 4 months ago

Changed it up to a premium decided I want the raptor art, and trex head and raptor pen. Spared no expense as John would say

#37 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's really that barren complete sleeper of a pf that kills me on that game.

I could see that, oddly enough its part of the appeal with that pin for me and just seems to work well, I don't know. JP2 has me as giddy a school boy. Just watched some of that gameplay reveal again and shes a beauty. Good Times.

#38 4 months ago

Long overdue poll - expecting a split of 25% LE, 50% prem and 25% pro. All-in on JP premium until proven unwise. Even cancelling my non-existent Wonka standard order.

#39 4 months ago

Stern has finally produced an LE that hands-down looks better than the Pro and Premium. With that plus limiting it to 500, I wonder if they won't actually sell this one out quickly.

#40 4 months ago

First thought premium but after seeing videos, thinking pro will be fine. It's kind of cool banging on the door of the raptor pin but still looks like a fun shot on pro. Ball just exits left and drops behind popup post. Trex eating balls is cool but will it still be that cool after a few hundred games? The whole ball toss feature may need to be disabled anyways if that starts causing damage. Can't have dimples you know. It also looks like the shot to the trex mouth bricks often. The rest of the premium features don't seem to do much. Art and appearance looks about the same to me. $1700 difference seems like a lot for just a drop down target and swinging dino.

#41 4 months ago

I think the LE art package is the best overall, don't really like the green armor though. I am in for a Premium because:

a) Gives me a chance to get some time in on a Pro first.
b) I like the Premium art almost as much as the LE.
c) I am hoping Stern will do some cool accessory side armor for the game.
d) Money saved from the LE can buy me a shaker, the side armor, shooter rod and if they do a nice topper, maybe add that.

Looking forward to feedback from folks lucky enough to play it at ReplayFX.

#42 4 months ago

I agree with this. The helicopter blades don't affect gameplay. T-Rex is fun, but doesn't impact the rules. You're not missing any spinners or flippers or ramps. So it really comes down to the raptor pen. If the code is not all that different on the Pro for this, I'm in on a Pro for sure.

I look at it this way: I bought a MET Pro in 2013. 6 years later, do I wish I'd bought the Premium? Nope. Still very happy with the Pro.

GOTLE was a different story. I had a chance to grab one for $800 off new with 50 plays on it, so I did. Still happy with that decision too.

Quoted from Breger1:

#43 4 months ago

Think of this way too: with the $1500-1800 you save buying a Pro, you can add a shaker, anti-glare glass, and some fun mods

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=dinosaur

#44 4 months ago

I'm in for a limited Edition, If I dont spend my money my wife will.

#45 4 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Stern has finally produced an LE that hands-down looks better than the Pro and Premium. With that plus limiting it to 500, I wonder if they won't actually sell this one out quickly.

I'm sure they'll sell out of LE's but I don't think it's the hands down looks winner. I'd give that award to the Premium as I think the orange color fits with the theme better as does the kitchen scene.

#46 4 months ago

I’m pretty sure I’m the only one in my crowd that likes the Pro artwork the most. There may be an alternate translite down the road, but the cab looks great to me

#47 4 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m pretty sure I’m the only one in my crowd that likes the Pro artwork the most.

Nope, I'm with ya.

2 weeks later
#48 3 months ago

Did you decide?

#49 3 months ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Looking forward to trying both at Replayfx. I am leaning towards the pro but playing both will definitely help me make the decision on which to get.

I think I am going to go with the pro. The premium is cool but I just don’t think there is enough to justify the jump to premium. The trex is really cool but I cannot say it is a must have for me.

3 months later
#50 21 days ago

Finally got a chance to play JP pro and premium last weekend. Awesome game and perhaps Sterns best game. Definitely adding it to my wish list. Anyone change their mind on premium/pro after owning or playing for several months? The trex head added more to the experience than I thought it would and worked flawless on the one I played. The raptor pin was also a nice upgrade but pro played almost exactly the same.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
La Porte, TX
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside