• Premium 179 votes
    61%
  • LE 44 votes
    15%

(294 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D131341-7FEA-4DB4-B82C-03F5353658E2 (resized).jpeg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Pro, less things to malfunction.

#52 4 years ago

I'm going with a used pro. I've played both versions a fair amount, the dino head is extremely cool, but they shoot exactly the same. No additional modes like Maiden or GOT... it's also gonna be a while before sub 7k used premiums hit the market, I'm sick of waiting to get one, and I'm through buying NIB games after losing my shirt one too many times when it comes time to sell.

#53 4 years ago

I just got my premium, I played a fair amount of games on the pro.

I may be a bit biased since I bought one but I think the upgrade is definitely worth it.

The raptor pit alone changes the game quite a bit, people can say what they want about the t-rex but it is awesome, it really adds to the "big moment" feel, not just the shots but the moving around and roaring during the game.

The pro is absolutely a great value in itself, still a great shooting pin but the "toys" on this one are pretty cool upgrades, I don't feel bad about spending the extra $ at all.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Stern has finally produced an LE that hands-down looks better than the Pro and Premium. With that plus limiting it to 500, I wonder if they won't actually sell this one out quickly.

Premium smokes it in looks. That art on the premium actually looks pretty good. LE is better than the pro but the pro really set the bar low

#55 4 years ago

The premium is definitely worth the upcharge and the pro is definitely worth the savings.

Can't go wrong with this title.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

The premium is definitely worth the upcharge and the pro is definitely worth the savings.
Can't go wrong with this title.

Haha that's kind of it in a nutshell.

Quoted from delt31:

Premium smokes it in looks. That art on the premium actually looks pretty good. LE is better than the pro but the pro really set the bar low

100% agree the premium art work is gorgeous and is miles ahead of the pro and LE.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

100% agree the premium art work is gorgeous and is miles ahead of the pro and LE.

Wonder if anyone with a JP3 LE order downshifted to a premium. I went premium for: BM66, IMDN, DP, BKSoR, JP3 and am more than happy with the decision to save $2k per game. Technically I never put in a LE order for any of them.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wonder if anyone with a JP3 LE order downshifted to a premium. I went premium for: BM66, IMDN, DP, BKSoR, JP3 and am more than happy with the decision to save $2k per game. Technically I never put in a LE order for any of them.

I was dead set on an LE until I saw the artwork differences, that was what made the decision for me.
I'm not wild about the green powder, and I couldn't stand the derpy looking t-rex on the front.

#59 4 years ago

Well, you guys and gals can spend your money however you want. But to me, it's Pro. I can buy a ton of mods and make a pro beautiful and still save a lot of money. I'm not rich so it matters. As far as the art, I like the premium more, but the Pro is still good and I don't play the art!

10 months later
#60 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This could be Stern's best in some time. To think they're the same company to release black knight and munsters.... Nice turn around

I have Black Knight premium and love it. My first NIB Stern purchase and looking at JP premium for my second. Did not like Munsters.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have Black Knight premium and love it. My first NIB Stern purchase and looking at JP premium for my second. Did not like Munsters.

you will love JP - have had mine for 10+ months - so many shots and rules in this game to learn, you won't get bored

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

you will love JP - have had mine for 10+ months - so many shots and rules in this game to learn, you won't get bored

Did you get pro or the premium? When I first saw JP pro three weeks ago I thought it looked kinda cheap looking, but played it a few times and liked it.

I want to go play it some more at Tilt studios, but the more I look into it and see the reviews, it definitely is high on my radar. My wife really liked it but my kids haven’t played it. I am leaning towards the premium.

Last month Monster Bash remake SE was my first NIB purchase, then Black Knight PE. Started collecting last year and so far I have.
Space jam
Cyclone
Stern Dracula(I restored)
Stern Disco
Gorgar (I restored and waiting for repaired MPU)
Gulfstream (needs restored)
Gottlieb Paul Bunyan
Monster Bash remake SE
Monster Bash SOR PE
And building a virtual pin with Bally cabinet painted with Bally Wizard stencils.

9D131341-7FEA-4DB4-B82C-03F5353658E2 (resized).jpeg9D131341-7FEA-4DB4-B82C-03F5353658E2 (resized).jpeg
#63 3 years ago

Did you get pro or the premium? When I first saw JP pro three weeks ago I thought it looked kinda cheap looking, but played it a few times and liked it.
I want to go play it some more at Tilt studios, but the more I look into it and see the reviews, it definitely is high on my radar. My wife really liked it but my kids haven’t played it. I am leaning towards the premium.
Last month Monster Bash remake SE was my first NIB purchase, then Black Knight PE. Started collecting last year and so far I have.
Space jam
Cyclone
Stern Disco
Gottlieb Paul Bunyan
Monster Bash remake SE
Monster Bash SOR PE
And building a virtual pin with Bally cabinet painted with Bally Wizard stencils.
[quoted image]

I have the premium, the dino eating the ball was too cool to pass up
For me it's a difficult pin, but i really like it

#64 3 years ago

I have a JP premium. It's a cool game but the dinosaur doesn't do much. The novelty wears off quickly. I've only had the game for three months and I've hardly played it the last month or so. I tried to go into it not knowing much about the game so I could discover it while playing it, but my interest in it has already waned. That's just my experience. Throw it in as a counterbalance to the near unanimous hype.

#65 3 years ago

I felt the same as above poster. Got it. Played it a bunch and got stale, probably largely because I was bad at it.

Picked up playing it a few weeks ago and won't even turn the other games on for now. So many great hard shots.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

I felt the same as above poster. Got it. Played it a bunch and got stale, probably largely because I was bad at it.
Picked up playing it a few weeks ago and won't even turn the other games on for now. So many great hard shots.

Appreciate your feedback. Also debating getting ghostbusters.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I have a JP premium. It's a cool game but the dinosaur doesn't do much. The novelty wears off quickly. I've only had the game for three months and I've hardly played it the last month or so. I tried to go into it not knowing much about the game so I could discover it while playing it, but my interest in it has already waned. That's just my experience. Throw it in as a counterbalance to the near unanimous hype.

Appreciate you letting me know. Thank you so much

#68 3 years ago

Great. Thanks for letting me know.

#69 3 years ago

Appreciate your feedback. Also debating getting ghostbusters.

I had a Ghostbusters Premium and I wish I had kept it instead of getting JP. Far better game in my opinion.

#70 3 years ago

Pro

Cheaper, better art, better flow, less hassle.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I had a Ghostbusters Premium and I wish I had kept it instead of getting JP. Far better game in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply. Thanks so much for the help. Appreciate it.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Pro
Cheaper, better art, better flow, less hassle.

ok great, thank you. Appreciate it.

1 month later
#73 3 years ago

Bump for this Thread...debating between the pro or the premium. Had opinion changed in the past year? Looking forward to the responses.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Finally got a chance to play JP pro and premium last weekend. Awesome game and perhaps Sterns best game. Definitely adding it to my wish list. Anyone change their mind on premium/pro after owning or playing for several months? The trex head added more to the experience than I thought it would and worked flawless on the one I played. The raptor pin was also a nice upgrade but pro played almost exactly the same.

I would trade up my Pro to Premium for the extras, but like you said. Pretty much the same.

#75 3 years ago

Having played both extensively, I decided to purchase a NIB Premium (my first NIB) last xmas and it has become one of my all-time favorite games. I definitely think the premium is the way to go on this especially considering that it's a keeper for me. The TREX mech is pretty awesome and the updates to the raptor pit make that feature a lot more fun on the premium vs. the pro. If anyone wants more detail, I'm happy to help...just PM me!

5 months later
#76 2 years ago

I fully planned on buying the pro immediately and then eventually selling, to buy the premium but at this point it really doesn’t matter. I’m going to keep my pro and be happy with it.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I fully planned on buying the pro immediately and then eventually selling, to buy the premium but at this point it really doesn’t matter. I’m going to keep my pro and be happy with it.

Gameplay wise, the pro is so close to the same game you're not missing a major shot or ramp... but that t-rex head is one of the best gimmicks (if not the best)in pinball.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Gameplay wise, the pro is so close to the same game you're not missing a major shot or ramp... but that t-rex head is one of the best gimmicks (if not the best)in pinball.

T-Rex Mech is the 1 and only reason that the Premium is Better than the Pro. IMO.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

T-Rex Mech is the 1 and only reason that the Premium is Better than the Pro. IMO.

Don't underestimate the raptor cage. Adds tremendously to game play.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Who doesn’t love a physical ball lock, even operators gotta love how they taunt you when they dump out at the end of game.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

The raptor pit is the main reason I went premium. The trex head is cool and all, but the raptor pit changes gameplay quite a bit.

#82 2 years ago

Pro raptor pit is pretty weak

#83 2 years ago

Well said fellas, now I want the Premium again. Jajaja

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Well said fellas, now I want the Premium again. Jajaja

The Prem on this title is awesome

#85 2 years ago

Finally got helix ramp dialed in last night, so much better now. Pro is good, but prem is probably the better way to go.

#86 2 years ago

Both games play relatively the same. The Raptor Pit in the PREM is worlds better than on the Pro. The T-rex head on the Prem is still cool even after several hundred plays. Though it doesn't change gameplay experience much, it really adds to the atmosphere and immersion that the Pro just doesn't do. Hook a subwoofer to the game to get a deep growling roar, and you've got a pretty cool dino experience.

#87 2 years ago

The T-Rex is super cool on the premium, mainly when you’re deep into a multiball or mode and he comes down for the super jackpot or mode collect. Very satisfying shot.

#88 2 years ago

Go with the Premium. I have played both extensively and the Premium's moving dino is the coolest toy in all of pinball. Also the helicopter sounds and looks super cool. The raptor pit is much better on the Premium. At least you have a raptor facing towards you instead of a piece of plastic.

#89 2 years ago

Space jam
Cyclone
Stern Disco
Gottlieb Paul Bunyan
Monster Bash remake SE
Monster Bash SOR PE
[quoted image]

Gorgar Baby...

2 years later
#90 23 days ago

When I first played JP it was on location in Pinetop. It was a Pro. Totally loved the game at first impression. I THEN went home and watched video and the upgrades on the Premium. I found that the static T-Rex in the Pro was a bit lacking and the Raptor Pen is a complete game changer. It's not a one and done shot. You need to hit the door to open the pen and then there are several switches inside the pen that must be registered and the deep switch that captures the ball. One captured, smacking the door causes the ball inside to rattle around just like a caged Raptor. Then you drop the gate again and are awarded a 2-ball multi-ball. I love my JP Premium. Its amazing. I just accidentally upgraded to Version 13. I loaded the video version. Version 13 is pretty cool. I like how they illustrate the vehicle on the upper screen map. The one thing that will be forcing me to re-install the Video version is the T-Rex animation. They could have done a MUCH better job compared to the video version which is amazing! Seeing the T-Rex tongue view ruins it for me. I will be reverting back to the superior Video version.

In summary:
The Pro is awesome at first introduction. Don't get me wrong, but only because you are not aware of the Premium enhancements. If at all financially possible I HIGHLY recommend the Premium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.00
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-pro-vs-premium/page/2?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.