tool.jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
B2D82035-78BF-4746-8F5F-5223D6260942 (resized).jpeg
animalhouse.gif
6ae21b392355c5408c7a3cf99ee9e05e4cd7cf72 (resized).jpg
b568692b1c01d9c3acb5c79d0717891ef9c06600 (resized).jpg
sh (resized).jpg
F5649177-EC41-4FBC-B8E1-B9CC8480FBED (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Your opinion isn't a fact, you're just one more person with a keyboard

What a weird viewpoint to not realize the irony of such a statement.

All opinions have some merit and validity, and ultimately one's own, the most.

I wouldn't mind a sprinkling of film clips with animated clips in tandem, but clearly Stern didn't want to pay the rights past John William's theme, and the JP name and theme.

If we criticize a company like JJP for failing to do the same for Pirates, we definitely should criticize Stern for cheaping out massively on the JP rights.

Ultimately, it's how a company utilizes what they do pay for, and how it's realized, and both Pirates and JP seem pretty solid so far!

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok so now that I've seen gameplay I can definitively say JP. Stern really knocked this out of the park. Even the animations looked great, music was well done effects and sound as well and what a layout. Great part is, somehow Stern was able to find jackpot call outs that don't some like the guy was kicked in the nuts.

It's weird how that diaper filled narrator sounds more obnoxious in streams, than when playing. I guess focal points shift so much in those situations.

I don't know who else they could have went towards. A Gene Wilder impersonator would have felt insensitive, Oompah Loompahs would have been too zany, kids wouldn't have worked, so we got Nut Kicked Diaper Pooper Grandpa Joe.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cause money.

I appreciate Skymount downvoting you like; "Hey, I'm the biggest fan boy!"
But actually I think that's true now. Panzer has been critical of JJPOTC PF debacle, which is probably more than Sky

This site is like a bad/zany sitcom set to constant reruns most days!

#157 4 years ago

I never like pitting products directly against one another, as both always seem to have exclusive benefits the other doesn't.

What I enjoyed about JP last night, was the execution of theme/code feeling fun, and the shot layout looking equally enjoyable.

Conversely, I know from playing, Wonka can be really fun and smooth to shoot, but the modes aren't memorable or that joyful. That's the issue when licenses are strictly followed.

The modes in JP seem to exist in a way where I'd remember what they were, and how they affected score. But most modern games seem to fall flat in the fun factor, where it feels more like aimless shots that don't push gameplay/modeplay, further along.

#175 4 years ago

The problem I'm having with Pirates and Wonka, is the modes don't really connect with ideas. I played, and loved some of Wonka's shots last night, but the shots don't feel memorable when connecting with the modes programmed.

Similarly with Pirates, it's multi-ball heaven, but past that, it's just random shot making, and never feeling like the code engages those shots. I don't feel like I'm battling Davy Jones, outrunning other ships, avoiding a noose, etc.

With this game reveal last night, it feels like modes combine with shots, to achieve things, and that feels like execution of theme combined with great shots, ideally great shots anyway.

I've never considered a modern Stern purchase, and didn't adore Maiden so much, but the execution of modes seems really enjoyable here! I just wish the raptor pit locked in the Pro like it does in the Premium and LE.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’ve played wonka on the latest code. The sound is really not any better. And they still use the terrible kicked in the nuts callout guy. So all the code you posted really changed nothing in regards to what delt was commenting on.

I feel like Grandpa Poohpants is less at the forefront of sound design. Four weeks ago, on I think 1.08, from 1.06, to now I'm hoping 1.09 feels significantly different.

I remember feeling really abrasive sound wise at MGC, to this isn't so bad at launch at Helicon. Now, I'm either used to it, or things are much more subdued.

My issues with Wonka went from sound design being at the forefront of obnoxious, to now my issue is the modes just aren't that memorable.

Steps forward!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 91.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-or-willy-wonka-?tu=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.