tool.jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
B2D82035-78BF-4746-8F5F-5223D6260942 (resized).jpeg
animalhouse.gif
6ae21b392355c5408c7a3cf99ee9e05e4cd7cf72 (resized).jpg
b568692b1c01d9c3acb5c79d0717891ef9c06600 (resized).jpg
sh (resized).jpg
F5649177-EC41-4FBC-B8E1-B9CC8480FBED (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider v4vendetta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Right out of the gate, patently false. There may be nothing cut & pasted from the movie, but there countless elements borrowed from the film and integrated into the game. Remove the logo and everyone will identify it as a Jurassic Park game. Press the start button, see the helicopter arrive at the island and hear the full original theme song.

There are Nedry call outs. Would you rather have video clips, or custom animated scenes that mimic the movie and integrate with gameplay? Hint: you can't afford both.

If they love the movie so much they'd rather see clips than play a game based on the movie, I guess they can watch the movie instead. You can't please everyone. I'll take pleasing pinball players over Jurassic Park superfans (do those even exist?).
Batman Arkham City is the Guinness world record highest rated superhero game of all time, from a series of 9 games over a decade that grossed around a billion dollars. Guess what? Zero movie clips. If you want to watch a movie, watch a movie.

Stern JP is not a true Jurassic Park game in any stretch of imagination. They could've named it Dino hunt or something like that and nobody would know the difference. They could've done something spectacular with this licence but they failed miserably. Only thing they got it right is the theme song and that's it. But that doesn't mean it's a bad game but c'mon man, are you telling me that you really see this game as a Jurassic Park pin??

And your Batman Arkham City reasoning makes zero sense. The game is Batman Arkham City. Not Batman begins,Dark Knight,etc It wasn't based off of the movie properties. And they made all that money cuz you get to play as batman and fight his real villains and had the right characters.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That's cool, I don't need you to tell me anything. Game looks and plays great; I ordered a premium.

I never said it was a bad game. I only stated that it feels like a generic dinosaur game, not Jurassic Park game.

Quoted from yancy:

I just hope none of you guys ever pursue a career in art direction.

Don't know what to tell you but I've been the art director for one of the biggest luxury packaging corporation in world for past decade. lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 14.95
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.50
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider v4vendetta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-or-willy-wonka-?tu=v4vendetta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.