Topic poll

“Which pin is better if you have kids?”

• Willy Wonka JJP 129 votes
    29%
  • Jurassic Park Stern 318 votes
    71%

(447 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

08522EC3-85A2-4DAE-9C56-FBAB3586AC3D (resized).jpeg
Stern JP.png
DataEastJP.png
Capture (resized).JPG
tool.jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
B2D82035-78BF-4746-8F5F-5223D6260942 (resized).jpeg
animalhouse.gif
6ae21b392355c5408c7a3cf99ee9e05e4cd7cf72 (resized).jpg
b568692b1c01d9c3acb5c79d0717891ef9c06600 (resized).jpg
sh (resized).jpg
F5649177-EC41-4FBC-B8E1-B9CC8480FBED (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 81 days ago

I cancelled my WW pre order after seeing hearing the sound and that awful callout voice actor.

I am ordering a JP2 Premium as soon as I can.

#100 77 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

See what I said,these 2 guys don’t give up.I could respect this if Stern was paying them!

I can’t see what one of them is saying since I put them on ignore. So it looks kinda like you’re talking to yourself

#160 75 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's easy to deny. I'm way more interested in the game for not having boring ass movie clips, it's not a joke. What's a joke is people wanting their pinballs to be glorified laserdisc players like the old Dragon's Lair days. Get over it already. You want the movie, get the Blu-ray out.
Your opinion isn't a fact, you're just one more person with a keyboard.

JJPOTC which is one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen is another testament to this. While it was chastised for lack of movie clips, in the end it was one of its greatest strengths. That and the new JP2 demonstrate you simply don’t need the movie clips and in cases could actually detract from the pin.

#161 75 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think we all need to play Wonka and JP in a home environment before we get the pitch forks out. Streaming does not mean shit. That includes Wonka so I’m not going for Sterns throat. Play them both, then decide.

Wonka is better on location since you don’t have to listen to the audio and terrible callouts. I like playing it on location. I think you put it at a disadvantage by saying play in home environment where you’re forced to confront those shortcomings.

I ordered a wonka LE day one and was at the reveal, played at MGC but you couldn’t really hear the game. Cancelled my order after hearing it for the first time.

#163 75 days ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I dont think so. Code can change all call outs, etc. I like being able to hear clearly whats going on. Once i was able to hear JJP Pirates at a friends house, it was clear to me that this was a fantastic game with great call outs.

They aren’t going to record new callouts and replace the awful one in game now. He sounds like an old perv who is permanently kicked in the nuts.

#212 75 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's not really fair to judge a pin based on code from when the game was first revealed...If we judged Stern games by the same approach then Batman 66 would still be considered a terrible game even though so much has changed with the code since release.
I see you own a WOZ as well. Should we judge WOZ based on this video showing pre 1.0 code? No. Don't make post that crazy huge change log lol. Come on man.

I’ve played wonka on the latest code. The sound is really not any better. And they still use the terrible kicked in the nuts callout guy. So all the code you posted really changed nothing in regards to what delt was commenting on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside